PDA

View Full Version : Illegal Immigration 1,574 per day

jimnyc
12-19-2016, 08:30 PM
40-50,000 per month? Bejeeeeezles. That's a LOT of people trying to sneak into our country.

-----

1,574 PER DAY: Border Officials Struggle Under Increasing Wave of Illegal Migration

About 1,574 – that’s how many illegal aliens were apprehended at the U.S. Mexico border per day during the month of November, marking the fifth straight month of escalating illegal immigration into the southwest United States. And now, in addition to the tens of thousands of illegals streaming in from Central America, officials are reporting increased waves of Cubans and Haitians crossing into the United States via Mexico.

CBP reported late last week that they’d caught a total of 47,214 illegal aliens at the border last month, up from the 46,191 they’d apprehended in October. Already, the first two months of FY2017 have seen higher per-month apprehension rates than any month in FY2016, indicating a new wave of illegal immigration that rivals the surge seen during the summer of 2014.

Border officials added in their report that the more than 47,000 aliens they caught last month included another 7,406 unaccompanied children and 15,573 members of family units.

Rest here - http://www.mrctv.org/blog/1574-day-border-officials-struggle-under-increasing-wave-illegal-migration

fj1200
12-20-2016, 09:27 AM
Too many, but then there's this:

More Mexican Immigrants Leaving U.S. Than Entering, Report Finds (http://www.nytimes.com/2015/11/20/us/more-mexican-immigrants-leaving-us-than-entering-report-finds.html)

That was a little dated so this is more recent:

Report: Illegal Immigrants Already Starting to Leave the U.S., No Deportation Needed (https://www.peoplespunditdaily.com/news/politics/2016/11/11/report-illegal-immigrants-already-starting-leave-u-s-no-deportation-needed/)

jimnyc
12-20-2016, 11:16 AM
Too many, but then there's this:

More Mexican Immigrants Leaving U.S. Than Entering, Report Finds (http://www.nytimes.com/2015/11/20/us/more-mexican-immigrants-leaving-us-than-entering-report-finds.html)

That was a little dated so this is more recent:

Report: Illegal Immigrants Already Starting to Leave the U.S., No Deportation Needed (https://www.peoplespunditdaily.com/news/politics/2016/11/11/report-illegal-immigrants-already-starting-leave-u-s-no-deportation-needed/)

The first article is dated.

The second confirms my article, on how the illegals entering is out of control. The only mention even in that article, with a great headline, is the last sentence:

But now sources in states and at the border say on Wednesday after it became clear Mr. Trump was victorious, the number of exit immigrants began to increase.

So some are leaving due to the election winner. What matters is how many, and is it over the 40,000 - 50,000 being caught as of late illegally entering? My hunch is NO. So yeah, it's cool that some are frightened into leaving, I'm fearing that those numbers on their own are much too low.

fj1200
12-20-2016, 12:46 PM
The first article is dated.

The second confirms my article, on how the illegals entering is out of control. The only mention even in that article, with a great headline, is the last sentence:

But now sources in states and at the border say on Wednesday after it became clear Mr. Trump was victorious, the number of exit immigrants began to increase.

So some are leaving due to the election winner. What matters is how many, and is it over the 40,000 - 50,000 being caught as of late illegally entering? My hunch is NO. So yeah, it's cool that some are frightened into leaving, I'm fearing that those numbers on their own are much too low.

As I pointed out the first one is dated but confirms the trend began before the election results. :)

jimnyc
12-20-2016, 12:49 PM
As I pointed out the first one is dated but confirms the trend began before the election results. :)

This trend, based on the up to date numbers I posted of those incoming - how many folks have been leaving at the same time, do we have the hard numbers to compare against that 40-50k? Anonymous sources without any numbers at all about those leaving don't tell me much. It's hard for me to document any trend without numbers.

fj1200
12-20-2016, 12:57 PM
This trend, based on the up to date numbers I posted of those incoming - how many folks have been leaving at the same time, do we have the hard numbers to compare against that 40-50k? Anonymous sources without any numbers at all about those leaving don't tell me much. It's hard for me to document any trend without numbers.

I'm pretty sure it involves math and studies and stuff. Not sure what the kerfuffle is about, I didn't challenge your numbers. :)

jimnyc
12-20-2016, 12:59 PM
I'm pretty sure it involves math and studies and stuff. Not sure what the kerfuffle is about, I didn't challenge your numbers. :)

I still think it's a massive problem. So much in fact, that those numbers I posted were much higher than I had thought. I'm confident that there are some voluntarily leaving, I just "think" they probably pale in comparison to the incoming illegal numbers.

fj1200
12-20-2016, 01:07 PM
I still think it's a massive problem. So much in fact, that those numbers I posted were much higher than I had thought. I'm confident that there are some voluntarily leaving, I just "think" they probably pale in comparison to the incoming illegal numbers.

I think it's less of a problem than advertised. I heard on Medved that the number of Mexican immigrants is going down but from other Latin countries is not, IIRC that is.

jimnyc
12-20-2016, 01:16 PM
I think it's less of a problem than advertised. I heard on Medved that the number of Mexican immigrants is going down but from other Latin countries is not, IIRC that is.

You think that's less of a problem? 1500 a day is huge. The amount of work for the border agents is astronomical, not to mention the funds of course. Then where do they bring them? Those places need to be employed. Then how do they get rid of them? I have to imagine the entire process, with that many folks being taken care of daily, is a massive undertaking requiring a lot of workers. I also wonder what the "per day" cost is to the USA handling the entire border and those who get busted.

fj1200
12-20-2016, 01:19 PM
You think that's less of a problem? 1500 a day is huge. The amount of work for the border agents is astronomical, not to mention the funds of course. Then where do they bring them? Those places need to be employed. Then how do they get rid of them? I have to imagine the entire process, with that many folks being taken care of daily, is a massive undertaking requiring a lot of workers. I also wonder what the "per day" cost is to the USA handling the entire border and those who get busted.

Yes, the whole immigration thing is less of a problem than advertised IMO. That doesn't mean though we shouldn't make changes; control the border, guest worker program, etc.