PDA

View Full Version : Results on my brother's surgery

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
12-19-2016, 11:32 PM
FIRST THEY SAY HE NEEDS A STENT, HOURS LATER HE NEEDS A STENT AND TWO BY PASSES
NEXT DAY , NO STENT , HE NEEDS AT LEAST TWO BY PASSES AND A HEART VALVE.
HE IS 70 YEARS OLD AND THE BROTHER I AM MOST BONDED TO. I STOPPED POSTING HERE DUE TO MY WORRYING.
STOPPED WRITING POETRY- STOPPED EVERYTHING UNTIL AFTER SURGERY..

This morning they took him down to do open heart surgery at 6-30 AM, gave us hourly updates as it went along. He came through with flying colors! JUST AS I TOLD HIM HE WOULD( I DARED NOT LET HIM KNOW THE LEVEL OF FEAR I HAD).....(So I lied and pretended I was sold on the very best outcome)..
HIS SURGERY BECAME- THREE BYPASSES AND REPLACED A HEART VALVE.
Fear, something I fought against all my life--finally got to me AGAIN!
AND I AM BY NO MEANS A PANSY TYPE. Yet every time it gets me its by going through a person I love.
And that my friends is always the weak link in even the best armor.
But when one has zero control over something and it could spell the end of a life, its maddening as hell to be so helpless.
I wanted to beat down granite walls with my bare fists. And would have tried to do just that had I thought it would help him get through this.

Now I can breath a sigh of relief. With help of great doctors and prayer, he has came through in very good shape considering..
Now the recovery period has begun....-Tyr

Abbey Marie
12-19-2016, 11:43 PM
I'm so glad it all turned out well in the end! Please tell your brother someone he will never meet has prayed for him, and is happy for him.

Balu
12-20-2016, 01:12 AM
HE IS 70 YEARS OLD AND THE BROTHER I AM MOST BONDED TO. I STOPPED POSTING HERE DUE TO MY WORRYING.

This morning they took him down to do open heart surgery at 6-30 AM, gave us hourly updates as it went along. He came through with flying colors! JUST AS I TOLD HIM HE WOULD( I DARED NOT LET HIM KNOW THE LEVEL OF FEAR I HAD).....(So I lied and pretended I was sold on the very best outcome)..
AND I AM BY NO MEANS A PANSY TYPE. Yet every time it gets me its by going through a person I love.
But when one has zero control over something and it could spell the end of a life, its maddening as hell to be so helpless.
I wanted to beat down granite walls with my bare fists. And would have tried to do just that had I thought it would help him get through this.

Now I can breath a sigh of relief. With help of great doctors and prayer, he has came through in very good shape considering..

My congratulations to the doctors! http://s19.rimg.info/fc4a1b028f2918f4f4c050cc86d6865e.gif (http://smayliki.ru/smilie-1244048583.html)
I am very glad for you and for your family, Robert! http://s14.rimg.info/ccf3f49c75ca9c6af9dac2e377cdc6bc.gif (http://smayliki.ru/smilie-855850311.html)

CSM
12-20-2016, 06:23 AM
Glad for you and yours (and of course, your brother!)

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
12-20-2016, 11:52 AM
Thanks to all that have commented.
Bad news is last night my brother had problem breathing, oxygen level got to low and they put him back on oxygen.
They will not let any of us into CCU TO SEE HIM AND EVEN KEEP HIS WIFE OUT..
Methinks something is amiss but if I go in there raising hell--things would only get worse as I am prone to knocking the living hell out of somebody. Hoping he improves so we can visit him this afternoon.
It is awaiting game now and these people are not capable of understanding why he needs a family member in the room when he wakes up!
Last night my wife (she works at this hospital) was in his room, he woke up and talked to her-he was doing just fine.
An hour later he was having breathing problems after waking up to an empty room.-Tyr

jimnyc
12-20-2016, 11:58 AM

Tyr, you wouldn't be human if you didn't fear, especially for your brother.

He's in our prayers, as you are, my friend. :)

Kathianne
12-20-2016, 12:35 PM
Bad news is last night my brother had problem breathing, oxygen level got to low and they put him back on oxygen.
Methinks something is amiss but if I go in there raising hell--things would only get worse as I am prone to knocking the living hell out of somebody. Hoping he improves so we can visit him this afternoon.
It is awaiting game now and these people are not capable of understanding why he needs a family member in the room when he wakes up!
Last night my wife (she works at this hospital) was in his room, he woke up and talked to her-he was doing just fine.
An hour later he was having breathing problems after waking up to an empty room.-Tyr

Prayers are ongoing.

Gunny
12-20-2016, 01:47 PM

Your bro's got a place in my prayers. I will rant against our institutional medical care elsewhere. I find it inappropriate ate the time.

NightTrain
12-20-2016, 01:53 PM
Great news, Tyr! Glad to hear that, man... watching from the sidelines is terrible because of the helplessness.

Elessar
12-20-2016, 03:34 PM
I went through similar with my Mom.

She needed an aortic valve replaced...and she was 88 then.

On and off oxygen for 5 days.

It is not a pleasant situation.

Prayers, handshakes, and a hug and back slap to you Robert!

aboutime
12-20-2016, 06:43 PM
Prayers DO Work Robert. Keep the faith, think positive. Doc's today really are miracle workers. I know about the bypass's. Hang in there. Your brother will be much healthier when all is done. God Bless.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
12-20-2016, 10:54 PM
Recovery snag,tonight he did not recognize his daughter or wife.
Was having delusions and thinking people were trying to kill him.
Med staff, gave him meds to calm him , to sleep and expect that he will be much better tomorrow.
If not they will start to do brain scans, etc. Doctor thinks its from the anesthesia and previous anxiety med combo.
Doc said he should be much better by tomorrow.--Tyr

Kathianne
12-20-2016, 11:08 PM
Med staff, gave him meds to calm him , to sleep and expect that he will be much better tomorrow.
If not they will start to do brain scans, etc. Doctor thinks its from the anesthesia and previous anxiety med combo.

I'm sorry for the setback, praying that tomorrow will be much better. Hang in there.

Gunny
12-21-2016, 02:08 AM
It's the anesthesia, bro. I only knew name, rank and SSN and was damned sure they were all out to kill me. Wicked stuff. I thought every day was Wednesday and Ronald Reagan was still President. It affects people differently.

Prayers, bubba. God is always over your shoulder. Just have to ask.

Balu
12-21-2016, 04:00 AM

I am almost 100% sure that all these is due to anesthesia. Sometimes such things occur. Especially in such ages. Don't worry. Everything will be all right, my friend. My family is praying for the health of your brother too.

Drummond
12-21-2016, 04:11 AM

Here's hoping, obviously, for the best outcome possible, Tyr. I concur with the other opinions stated ... I think this latest can be attributed to the effects of anaesthesia. My prayers are added to all those others being said.

My best --

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
12-21-2016, 10:35 AM
Thanks for the comments, information, and prayers.
Doctor said last night its due to the anesthesia, not a stroke, infection or brain damage, etc.

Good news!! Around 3 am this morn he woke up , talked to his wife and was not delusional.
His wife is now allowed to stay in his CCU room with him , so each time he wakes she lets him know she is there and if he has any questions/needs she takes care of it .
Finally, I can breathe another sigh of relief!
I can only imagine how stressful all this has been to his wife , daughters and sons.
Thanks for the best wishes and prayers my friends!
If all goes well from now on, he will likely get released a few days after Christmas, estimated time.-Tyr

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
12-21-2016, 09:09 PM
Big positive improvement in my brother's condition this afternoon.
As far as memory and mental acuity is concerned we think that he will be back by tomorrow afternoon..
At about 2:45 this afternoon he sat up and was holding and eating bowl of soup!
Thanks to all that cared, commented and prayed for his recovery!
Sure meant a lot to me to read such posts my friends..
Has been a very trying 6 days... --Tyr

Balu
12-21-2016, 11:17 PM
Big positive improvement in my brother's condition this afternoon.
As far as memory and mental acuity is concerned we think that he will be back by tomorrow afternoon..
At about 2:45 this afternoon he sat up and was holding and eating bowl of soup!
Thanks to all that cared, commented and prayed for his recovery!
Sure meant a lot to me to read such posts my friends..
Has been a very trying 6 days... --Tyr

Dear Robert,
My family and me we all are very glad that all the worst is in the past.
Please, relay our regards and all the best wishes to your brother.
Do not hesitate to thank the doctors and nurses in charge for the brilliant work and tell them our best wishes in the forthcoming New Year! http://www.kolobok.us/smiles/standart/friends.gif

Abbey Marie
12-22-2016, 02:36 PM
Dear Robert,
My family and me we all are very glad that all the worst is in the past.
Please, relay our regards and all the best wishes to your brother.
Do not hesitate to thank the doctors and nurses in charge for the brilliant work and tell them our best wishes in the forthcoming New Year! http://www.kolobok.us/smiles/standart/friends.gif

Good advice, Balu on thanking the medical staff. I'm sure Robert did. They are literal life-savers. I sent my cardiologist a vase of orchids to reinforce my gratitude. She took time out of her busy day to call and thank me for it. This woman was threading a wire to my heart and saving my life. That's a pretty important relationship.

Gunny
12-22-2016, 02:53 PM
Good advice, Balu on thanking the medical staff. I'm sure Robert did. They are literal life-savers. I sent my cardiologist a vase of orchids to reinforce my gratitude. She took time out of her busy day to call and thank me for it. This woman was threading a wire to my heart and saving my life. That's a pretty important relationship.

I had to do a LOT more kissing ass than that. I knocked my doc into the wall. Took out some staff too. She still saved me. Talk about feeling like a heel! I wanted to crawl under the bed and hide when she came to see me. She was the first person I recognized.

Abbey Marie
12-22-2016, 05:19 PM
I had to do a LOT more kissing ass than that. I knocked my doc into the wall. Took out some staff too. She still saved me. Talk about feeling like a heel! I wanted to crawl under the bed and hide when she came to see me. She was the first person I recognized.

Yikes! I'm guessing you weren't altogether there when you did that.

Gunny
12-22-2016, 06:53 PM
Yikes! I'm guessing you weren't altogether there when you did that.

I remember almost none of it, Until they decided to shove that thing down my throat and I went nuts on them. I may poke fun at being a skinny old man now, but I ain't that little and I got skills. I was just glad I didn't permanently hurt anyone. I was delirious, Btw. I was told I am not a good patient. :)

Black Diamond
12-23-2016, 10:12 AM
glad it worked out, Tyr. hope recovery continues smoothly.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
12-23-2016, 10:21 AM
Here is the latest news on my oldest brother Julian's recovery..
Thursday afternoon they moved him from CCU into a regular hospital room..
I spoke with him last night from 5:45 until well after 7:00 pm..
He is likely to be released tomorrow if all keeps going well.
Thanks again, to ALL THAT HAVE COMMENTED AND OFFERED PRAYERS AS ITS TRULY APPRECIATED..

MERRY CHRISTMAS

:reindeer::shakegift::shakegift::reindeer:

Abbey Marie
12-23-2016, 10:32 AM
Fantastic!!

Robert, did they have to open your brother's ribs?

Balu
12-23-2016, 10:57 AM
Fantastic!!

IMHO. I don't think that anybody from the board needs to know such details. This is just an idle curiosity which may be unpleasant to Robert. Sorry.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
12-23-2016, 11:05 AM
Fantastic!!

They did open-heart surgery, three by-passes and a heart valve....
So yes they cut but not sure where, seems to be center of his chest...
I told him last night , he gonna have to come in about 7 or 8 more times to catch up with me on the number of scars(most of mine are from fights, lol)!
Hell, it made him laugh-- which was good for us to see......
I knew if I could get him to laugh , he would be ok..
This was after he was gripping at me, the whole time that I was shaving him..
His griping AT ME WAS ANOTHER GOOD SIGN!
BECAUSE IT MEANT THAT HE WAS GETTING BACK TO HIS NORMAL SELF METHINKS..:laugh:-Tyr

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
12-23-2016, 11:08 AM
IMHO. I don't think that anybody from the board needs to know such details. This is just an idle curiosity which may be unpleasant to Robert. Sorry.

Its ok my friend.
Abbey, myself and my brother have all recently had personal experiences with such medical issues.
We are all cool about it...
Julian, even made a joke about it after my comment made him laugh out loud....--Tyr

EDIT, SORRY, FORGOT FOR A MOMENT TO INCLUDE GUNNY AND HIS RECENT MED ISSUE.
FROM WHICH, MOST THANKFULLY, HE IS STILL WITH US DUE TO GREAT MEDICAL CARE HAVING ALSO SAVED HIS LIFE..:beer:

Balu
12-23-2016, 11:26 AM
Its ok my friend.
Abbey, myself and my brother have all recently had personal experiences with such medical issues.
Julian, even made a joke about it after my comment made him laugh out loud....--Tyr

I've just explain my attitude towards the questions I consider to be too intimate to be discussed on the board with no intention to lecture anybody.
Maybe I am too scrupulous in such matters. But this is my personal position I expressed.
So, Abbey, please accept my apologizes if I involuntarily have offended you anyhow. http://www.kolobok.us/smiles/he_and_she/give_rose.gif

Gunny
12-23-2016, 11:46 AM
Its ok my friend.

No kidding. Talk about no shame left. :laugh:

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
12-23-2016, 11:51 AM
No kidding. Talk about no shame left. :laugh:

YEP, WHEN THEY GO OVER YOU, THROUGH YOU AND INSIDE YOU, NOT MUCH LEFT THEY HAVEN'T SEEN OR TOUCHED!
WHICH EVEN IF IT IS A VERY BEAUTIFUL AND SEXY NURSE DOING THE TOUCHING, ITS STILL NO PLEASURE, NO PICNIC.
And I did have one such nurse myself.-Tyr

Gunny
12-23-2016, 11:53 AM
I've just explain my attitude towards the questions I consider to be too intimate to be discussed on the board with no intention to lecture anybody.
Maybe I am too scrupulous in such matters. But this is my personal position I expressed.
So, Abbey, please accept my apologizes if I involuntarily have offended you anyhow. http://www.kolobok.us/smiles/he_and_she/give_rose.gif

One, you are from a different culture. Two, while I see your point, try seeing ours. We've all known each other for years. And until you've been there, you don't get the meaning of no intimacy. Pride is a thing of the past. You can rest assured far more too much information crap goes on in a hospital than describing a surgery.

It's all good.

Abbey Marie
12-23-2016, 02:38 PM

It's ok. Tyr and I are friends. He knows I would never expect anything inappropriate.

Gunny
12-23-2016, 02:55 PM
It's ok. Tyr and I are friends. He knows I would never expect anything inappropriate.

Tyr is a Southern gentleman. My jaw would hit the floor if he lost his manners.

jimnyc
12-23-2016, 03:20 PM
YEP, WHEN THEY GO OVER YOU, THROUGH YOU AND INSIDE YOU, NOT MUCH LEFT THEY HAVEN'T SEEN OR TOUCHED!
WHICH EVEN IF IT IS A VERY BEAUTIFUL AND SEXY NURSE DOING THE TOUCHING, ITS STILL NO PLEASURE, NO PICNIC.
And I did have one such nurse myself.-Tyr

I had a pilonidal cyst removed like 10 years ago. It was about 1/2 an inch above my butt crack. LOL Just as the surgery was about to start, just prior to the awesome medications, they had me lay flat on my stomach. Then the guy explained how the bottom half of the table would drop down once they started the surgery - in other words, me kind of bending over!! I didn't respond, I was kind of in shock at that point. I just prayed I would never have to see these people again, that everything would work out perfectly. :)

And don't anyone even say it. Anything you can giggle about and say "might have happened", I've already thought about. :(

Abbey Marie
12-23-2016, 04:34 PM
I had a pilonidal cyst removed like 10 years ago. It was about 1/2 an inch above my butt crack. LOL Just as the surgery was about to start, just prior to the awesome medications, they had me lay flat on my stomach. Then the guy explained how the bottom half of the table would drop down once they started the surgery - in other words, me kind of bending over!! I didn't respond, I was kind of in shock at that point. I just prayed I would never have to see these people again, that everything would work out perfectly. :)

And don't anyone even say it. Anything you can giggle about and say "might have happened", I've already thought about. :(

Lol! Sounds like childbirth. That was not a pretty sight.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
12-24-2016, 01:19 PM
Good news.
My brother has been discharged from the hospital today...
He will be leaving anytime now for the trip to his home.
They have opted to use HomeHealthCare Services for his recovery rehab.....
thus he gets to go home early instead of staying more days at the hospital.
We will be driving to his home in a few hours to visit and so that I can do my usual joking around and castigating him for laying around as of late, just being so lazy! :laugh: (dont worry-he gets my sense of humor and hits me back in spades when I am on the receiving end)

I know he will be so happy to finally get back home!

Thanks to ALL for the comments,kindness and prayers on his behalf my friends..-Tyr

Kathianne
12-24-2016, 01:26 PM
Good news.
We will be driving to his home in a few hours to visit and so that I can do my usual joking around and castigating him for laying around as of late, just being so lazy! :laugh: (dont worry-he gets my sense of humor and hits me back in spades when I am on the receiving end)

Thanks to ALL for the comments,kindness and prayers on his behalf my friends..-Tyr

So good to hear! I know hospitals try to get everyone home for the holidays. I think people recuperate more quickly, are certainly less likely to catch a 'really bad bug,' and the hospital can ease the burden on those working too.

Drummond
12-24-2016, 03:49 PM
Good news.

Thanks to ALL for the comments,kindness and prayers on his behalf my friends..-Tyr:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Excellent news, Tyr. My best to him.

aboutime
12-24-2016, 07:23 PM
Good news.

Great news Robert. Give our best to him.
Gives a Real Touch of Realty to CHRISTMAS now!

Balu
12-24-2016, 09:55 PM
Good news.

My family and me we all are very glad to learn such pleasant news, Robert!
Sure, this is the Best Christmas gift for You and Yours!
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! http://s20.rimg.info/369a39a0b338133fe6807cf4cf9aab3f.gif (http://smayliki.ru/smilie-1272189927.html)