PDA

View Full Version : Why 'truly' did Hillary lose the election?

jimnyc
12-20-2016, 11:56 AM
Let's come up with a definitive list, and you choose which you think truly caused her loss.

Electoral College
Racists on the right
Julian Assange personal vendetta
Wikileaks targeting Democrats
Women left Hillary's side
Trump successfully lied to the people
FBI investigation
James Comey
Russian hacking
"Fake News"
Hillary's campaign team
Clinton was a criminal
She wrote off/insulted working class voters
Sense of entitlement
She is untrustworthy
Fear of liberal SC justices
Clinton foundation scandal
Benghazi

Just off the top of my head. I'm sure a combination did her in. But if you can ONLY pick JUST ONE - which would you choose? Or add more if you want. :)

NightTrain
12-20-2016, 11:59 AM
Obama.

jimnyc
12-20-2016, 12:00 PM
Obama.

Tis true!! I'm sure there were a few million that just said "enough" before the season even got underway.

Kathianne
12-20-2016, 12:37 PM
Hillary.

fj1200
12-20-2016, 01:25 PM
Scotus.

Kathianne
12-20-2016, 01:36 PM
Scotus.

Possibly correct. Most compelling argument FOR Trump. Then again, not sure if it would have mattered if not for Hillary. :dunno:

Gunny
12-20-2016, 02:03 PM
Possibly correct. Most compelling argument FOR Trump. Then again, not sure if it would have mattered if not for Hillary. :dunno:

This more of a referendum against her. Trump is a dork and major screw up. The result is too many people hate her. This election wasn't about winning. It was about not losing to the worse idiot.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
12-20-2016, 04:12 PM
If can only pick one- this one killed her..

Women left Hillary's side......

Remember the women's vote was what gave obama his win..

Yet we all know that it was huge combo that wiped her sorry ass out!
And what a combo it was!!!!-Tyr

aboutime
12-20-2016, 06:34 PM
http://icansayit.com/images/hillylieeyes.jpg

Black Diamond
12-20-2016, 07:13 PM
Trump knew where to hit her. The rust belt.

Black Diamond
12-20-2016, 07:39 PM
Scotus.

so if Obama could have run for a third term, he would have lost to trump?

KarlMarx
12-20-2016, 07:41 PM
Let's come up with a definitive list, and you choose which you think truly caused her loss.

Electoral College
Racists on the right
FBI investigation
James Comey
Russian hacking
"Fake News"
Hillary's campaign team
Clinton was a criminal
Sense of entitlement
She is untrustworthy
Benghazi

Just off the top of my head. I'm sure a combination did her in. But if you can ONLY pick JUST ONE - which would you choose? Or add more if you want. :)

I didn't see "because she's a f***ing a**hole" on the list

Black Diamond
12-20-2016, 07:46 PM
I didn't see "because she's a f***ing a**hole" on the list
same has been said of trump many times.

KarlMarx
12-20-2016, 09:20 PM
same has been said of trump many times.

OK,, here's my take on it...

I think Hillary Clinton is a classic case of a person with Narcissistic Personality Disorder (like Charles Manson, Marilyn Manson, Hitler, and others).

People with this disorder have a exaggerated sense of self worth, do not have any empathy for the feelings of others, treat others as if they are objects rather than people, and feel that they are above all the rules that the rest of us live by (up to and including breaking the law)

Setting up an email server ... well, that's been beaten to death.. there's a clear case of feeling that she's above the law. The Clinton Foundation, there's another one...

Hillary Clinton sees people as objects whose sole purpose is to meet her needs and her agenda. Once they have outlived their usefulness, she casts them away much like one would an old shoe or cigarette butt.

Trump may be an egomaniac and he may be coarse, but I don't think he's a law breaker. And I do think he does appreciate the people who work for him (as many who have worked for him have stated).

Hillary Clinton, on the other hand, is such a loathsome harpy that Secret Service agents, who are a pretty tough bunch, don't want to be assigned to her.

fj1200
12-20-2016, 09:45 PM
so if Obama could have run for a third term, he would have lost to trump?

No. SCOTUS still would have been a factor. She was an awful candidate with little going for her IMO but that was pretty well baked in but as requested having one final reason for her to lose was SCOTUS. That was the one thing that was making me question my vote.

Kathianne
12-20-2016, 10:50 PM
No. SCOTUS still would have been a factor. She was an awful candidate with little going for her IMO but that was pretty well baked in but as requested having one final reason for her to lose was SCOTUS. That was the one thing that was making me question my vote.

Me too, which is why I said I wasn't sure what would have happened if 'not Hillary' was the candidate.

Black Diamond
12-20-2016, 10:51 PM
Me too, which is why I said I wasn't sure what would have happened if 'not Hillary' was the candidate.

You'd think Bernie would appeal the rust belt.

Kathianne
12-20-2016, 11:10 PM
You'd think Bernie would appeal the rust belt.

No, I don't.

That IS the democrats problem, they don't have any younger, plausible candidates, at least that are known. There's no doubt that the Republicans give both their young and their minorities much more facetime than the Democrats.

Black Diamond
12-20-2016, 11:29 PM
No, I don't.

That IS the democrats problem, they don't have any younger, plausible candidates, at least that are known. There's no doubt that the Republicans give both their young and their minorities much more facetime than the Democrats.

The argument was he and Trump were both preaching populism.

Black Diamond
12-20-2016, 11:30 PM
What about evangelicals. They came out in droves. 81% of them voted for Trump.

Kathianne
12-20-2016, 11:53 PM
The argument was he and Trump were both preaching populism.

Actually I thought the argument is why Hillary lost.

I'm not going to rehash the election of Trump, anymore than I addressed the Obama birth certificate when the election was over. He won.

Hillary lost, imo, because Hillary was a terrible candidate. The Democrats were idiots to put up a candidate that was known to be under FBI investigation-even if they ignored everything with the foundation and her past transgressions. But they did, that Bernie gave her a run for it says more about her than him.

The 'Never Trump' numbers were always small, most traditional Republicans eventually voted for him; indeed it's likely that many that said they were 'never Trump' also did so. Of those 'Never Trump,' that voted for Hillary? Had to be infinitesimal. With all of that as a given, IF there had been a strong candidate that wasn't Hillary or basically a communist, I'm not sure that those with 'Trump misgivings' would have swelled the ranks of those voting against Trump. In any case, it's moot. Trump won and now we all have to hope he is all that his supporters hope for. I do know the country is better without Hillary, without a doubt.

Black Diamond
12-21-2016, 02:17 AM
Actually I thought the argument is why Hillary lost.

I'm not going to rehash the election of Trump, anymore than I addressed the Obama birth certificate when the election was over. He won.

Hillary lost, imo, because Hillary was a terrible candidate. The Democrats were idiots to put up a candidate that was known to be under FBI investigation-even if they ignored everything with the foundation and her past transgressions. But they did, that Bernie gave her a run for it says more about her than him.

The 'Never Trump' numbers were always small, most traditional Republicans eventually voted for him; indeed it's likely that many that said they were 'never Trump' also did so. Of those 'Never Trump,' that voted for Hillary? Had to be infinitesimal. With all of that as a given, IF there had been a strong candidate that wasn't Hillary or basically a communist, I'm not sure that those with 'Trump misgivings' would have swelled the ranks of those voting against Trump. In any case, it's moot. Trump won and now we all have to hope he is all that his supporters hope for. I do know the country is better without Hillary, without a doubt.
I was wondering if populism beat Hillary

Gunny
12-21-2016, 02:39 AM

Hillary beat Hillary. Was her election to lose and she got right on it. All the Trumpies blowing their horns are in for a rude awakening. He was "the only other choice". His actual fan base doesn't amount to crap.

This election isn't about who won. Nobody cares. It's about who lost.

Black Diamond
12-21-2016, 03:32 AM
Hillary beat Hillary. Was her election to lose and she got right on it. All the Trumpies blowing their horns are in for a rude awakening. He was "the only other choice". His actual fan base doesn't amount to crap.

This election isn't about who won. Nobody cares. It's about who lost.
Well that would explain her destroying hotel rooms and reports of her drowning herself in wine.

fj1200
12-21-2016, 09:50 AM

This was the Republicans election, for POTUS, to lose and they almost did. It shouldn't have been that way IMO.

Gunny
12-21-2016, 01:03 PM
This was the Republicans election, for POTUS, to lose and they almost did. It shouldn't have been that way IMO.

I can agree with that. It should never have gone the way it did. It starts at the top though. The RNC/GOP are about as effective as .... ummm ... nothing. If they think the same people that bucked up to can Hillary are going to show up to support their agenda, I got smelling salts for them. Why bother to support something that stands for nothing and will cave at the first:poke:?

fj1200
12-21-2016, 01:11 PM
I can agree with that. It should never have gone the way it did. It starts at the top though. The RNC/GOP are about as effective as .... ummm ... nothing. If they think the same people that bucked up to can Hillary are going to show up to support their agenda, I got smelling salts for them. Why bother to support something that stands for nothing and will cave at the first:poke:?

I'm not sure what you think they could have done considering the open nature of primaries and even caucuses. The hand wringing would have been quite raucous given the tampering the DNC did for hrc; can you imagine if the RNC had done similar?

Little-Acorn
12-21-2016, 07:11 PM

Electoral College
Racists on the right
FBI investigation
James Comey
Russian hacking
"Fake News"
Hillary's campaign team
Clinton was a criminal
Sense of entitlement
She is untrustworthy
Benghazi

If I could only pick just one, l wouldn't bother answering the poll, since an incorrect result is guaranteed.

Gunny
12-21-2016, 07:32 PM
I'm not sure what you think they could have done considering the open nature of primaries and even caucuses. The hand wringing would have been quite raucous given the tampering the DNC did for hrc; can you imagine if the RNC had done similar?

I'm playing chess. Watching the board. What I would like to see and what is are two very different things. People who cheat suck and they don't really win. I'd rather lose a fair fight than cheat to win. And I have. I wish everyone played fair, But they don't. You have to deal with the reality, not what you wish for.

Elessar
12-21-2016, 07:53 PM

Electoral College
Racists on the right
FBI investigation
James Comey
Russian hacking
"Fake News"
Hillary's campaign team
Clinton was a criminal
Sense of entitlement
She is untrustworthy
Benghazi

O.K....adding more.

Sanctioned from the Watergate Investigation...
"We ARE The President" comment when Bill was in office...
Carpet-bagging into New York State...
"Dodged sniper fire in Kosovo" yet taped walking calmly on the tarmac surrounded by soldiers and security...
"Who would you call at 3 a.m." comment in 2008 run...*
* Never answered those calls from Tripoli or Benghazi...
Publicly..."Benghazi was due to a released video...privately admitted to Chelsea it was a terrorist attack.
Changing voice inflection to suit a specific audience...
Gun law proposals, not stressing enforcing the existing ones...
"Open Borders"....
Her smug shirk...

CSM
12-22-2016, 07:25 AM
It's that voice. Like finger nails on a chalkboard!

Gunny
12-22-2016, 07:56 AM
It's that voice. Like finger nails on a chalkboard!THERE is a no sh*ter, Sergeant Major. The thought of having to listen to that shrew for 4 years was almost as scary as losing the Supremes. I was pretty much resigned to choosing a weapon to use on the tv.:laugh: