PDA

View Full Version : NAACP's Michael Vick Double Standard

red states rule
07-31-2007, 08:12 AM
The double standards of the left is amazing to witness

The NAACP's Michael Vick Double Standard
Marc Sheppard

In stark contrast to its position on last year's Duke non-rape case, the NAACP has urged the public not to judge Michael Vick before he has his day in court.

In a news conference early this morning, Atlanta NAACP President R.L. White charged that the Atlanta Falcons star quarterback's suspension and sponsor desertion amounted to premature punishment, adding that,

"If Mr. Vick is guilty, he should pay for his crime, but to treat him as he is being treated now is also a crime. Be restrained in your premature judgment until the legal process is completed."
And, while one can't deny the merits of avoiding yet another trial by media, neither can one deny the duplicitous nature of White's "premature judgment" words.

After all, wasn't it "premature judgment" that motivated the NAACP to launch their campaign to assure the trial and rape convictions of three Duke Lacrosse players in March of last year?

And while we're at it, just how did the organization's web page proclaiming no fewer than 82 Crimes and Torts committed by Duke Lacrosse Team Players on 3/13 and 3/14 as Reported in the press, mainly from the Three Players' Defense Attorneys help complete the legal process?

Yet, those charges - which smelled fishy right from the start and were ultimately revealed to be stinking lies -- were rooted entirely on the allegations of one person and the disbarable malfeasance of another.

The far more credible indictment against Vick, on the other hand, accuses him of being involved in virtually every aspect of a hideously inhumane dogfighting operation for more than six years.

As described by Lester Munson at ESPN.com:

"The charges are serious, and the evidence against Vick presented at trial will be nasty. The government's case includes evidence that Vick and his cohorts ‘tested' pit bulls for ferocity. If the dogs failed the test, the indictment charges, they were executed by hanging or drowning. In one case, with Vick present, the indictment says a dog was slammed to the ground until it was dead. In another incident, a dog was soaked with a hose and then electrocuted."
Add the fact that the federal indictment disclosed four ready to testify witnesses plus co-defendant Tony Taylor's Monday morning plea agreement, and it's difficult to understand why the NAACP would afford Vick greater doubt benefit than it did the victims of Crystal Gail Magnum's vile false-witness.

Nonetheless, Georgia NAACP President Edward Dubose never complained, as he did this morning about Vick, that any of the Duke 3 was "being prosecuted in the court of public opinion before he has had a chance to defend himself."

Of course, the fact that Reade Seligmann, Colin Finnerty, and David Evans are white and both Magnum and Vick are black could never influence the actions of an organization promoting itself as a champion of social justice, could it?
http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2007/07/the_naacps_michael_vick_double.html

theHawk
07-31-2007, 08:24 AM
Thats gotta make libs and Dims proud to be in the pocket of the NAACP.

red states rule
07-31-2007, 08:25 AM
Thats gotta make libs and Dims proud to be in the pocket of the NAACP.

I guess they like being led around on a leash

Amazing how libs think only white conservatives can be racists

darin
07-31-2007, 09:08 AM
Vick is black. The NAACP seems to enjoy creating racism so they stay in business. OF COURSE they'll defend him.

Hagbard Celine
07-31-2007, 09:16 AM
This isn't "the left." It's the NAACP defending one of their own. He's a black man and what he did is horrible and can't be defended. But the NAACP is right: he is innocent until proven guilty and the media and popular opinion seems to have already passed judgement on him.

theHawk
07-31-2007, 09:24 AM
This isn't "the left." It's the NAACP defending one of their own.

If any Dem candidate snubbed the NAACP they'd get railroaded. I haven't seen Republicans kiss the ass of racists groups like the KKK like the Dems do to the NAACP. So why do Democrats always pay tribute to the NAACP?

Of course we all already know the answer to the question, the Dems wouldn't stand a chance in an election without the votes of those racists black groups.

Spyder Jerusalem
07-31-2007, 09:29 AM
he is innocent until proven guilty

Its amazin' how many conservatards forget that simple point of American law.

How un-American.

the Dems wouldn't stand a chance in an election without the votes of those racists black groups.

Is that why the republifascists do everything they can to scare blacks away from the polls on election day?

theHawk
07-31-2007, 09:36 AM
Is that why the republifascists do everything they can to scare blacks away from the polls on election day?

How has anyone been "scared" away from the polls on election day? Back up your statements and be specific please. The only cases I have heard about were Democratic goons slashing tires of vans that republicans were using to transport elderly to the polls who didn't have their own transportation.

CockySOB
07-31-2007, 09:46 AM
Would this be a good time to remind people not to "Nifong" Vick?

It looks bad for him to be sure. But until convicted, give him the benefit of the doubt. Who knows, he might pull an "OJ" and be legally innocent of the charges proffered against him.

Hagbard Celine
07-31-2007, 09:55 AM
If any Dem candidate snubbed the NAACP they'd get railroaded. I haven't seen Republicans kiss the ass of racists groups like the KKK like the Dems do to the NAACP. So why do Democrats always pay tribute to the NAACP?

Of course we all already know the answer to the question, the Dems wouldn't stand a chance in an election without the votes of those racists black groups.

Isn't it obvious? The NAACP extorts money from Washington, corporate America and anybody else they find a problem with. Groups like the NAACP do a little good every now and then, but mostly they create controversy or threaten to, in order to get a pay-off. It's also their way of "lobbying" if you will. That's also how Jesse Jackson and groups like "Focus on the Family" work. They live on "donations." e.g. "bribes and extorted money."

Abbey Marie
07-31-2007, 10:08 AM
"Inncoent until proven guilty" is a legal rule that applies in the courtroom. Employers, the media, and the general public are not held to such niceties int he pre-trial stages. Cops are suspended with or without pay on the basis of suspected wrongdoings all the time.

Vick will have his day in court and can take full advantage of all the wonders of our legal system. Until then, he walks free in his manse. Until then, based on an 18 page indictment, lots of physical evidence, and the words of no less than 4 eye-witnesses, Nike, Reebok, and every one of us, has the right to to proceed on the assumption that he is a ruthless murderous jerk.

Btw, isn't the NAACP one of the first groups to call for the jobs of anyone (white) who may have uttered an "offensive" statement? Hypocrisy.

nevadamedic
07-31-2007, 10:12 AM
Vick is black. The NAACP seems to enjoy creating racism so they stay in business. OF COURSE they'll defend him.

I don't like the NAACP, but they have done a lot to take down the leaders of the White Power movement. They have sued every leader and financial backer of the movement for a lot of money and have recieved their property and businesses of groups that have injured or killed a black person for the cause. That I agree with. I think they are doing the right thing by doing that as with out their money these racist assholes can't function and are less dangerous.

nevadamedic
07-31-2007, 10:14 AM
"Inncoent until proven guilty" is a legal rule that applies in the courtroom. Employers, the media, and the general public are not held to such niceties int he pre-trial stages. Cops are suspended with or without pay on the basis of suspected wrongdoings all the time.

Vick will have his day in court and can take full advantage of all the wonders of our legal system. Unitl then, he walks free in hs manse. Until then, based on an 18 page indictment, lots of physical evidence, and the words of no less than 4 eye-witnesses, Nike, Reebok, and every one of us, has the right to to proceed on the assumption that he is a ruthless murderous jerk.

Btw, isn't the NAACP one of the first groups to call for the jobs of anyone (white) who may have uttered an "offensive" statement? Hypocrisy.

I am all for innocent until proven guilty, and if infact he is guilty (which I am pretty sure he is) then they should throw the book at him and give him a lifetime ban from the NFL.

darin
07-31-2007, 10:14 AM
But the NAACP is right: he is innocent until proven guilty and the media and popular opinion seems to have already passed judgement on him.

The problem is their double-standard. See? Their blatant double-standard. In the Duke Case, they were calling for the white guys to be lynched - pardon the pun. In this case, where there is MORE evidence perhaps? Of guilt, it's like "Oh! wait! He's a BLACK MAN! NOW it's Innocent until proven guilty...whereas, when we even THOUGHT a black WOMAN was violated, it's the other-way-around."

This thread is about their hypocrisy.

:)

Hagbard Celine
07-31-2007, 10:16 AM
The problem is their double-standard. See? Their blatant double-standard. In the Duke Case, they were calling for the white guys to be lynched - pardon the pun. In this case, where there is MORE evidence perhaps? Of guilt, it's like "Oh! wait! He's a BLACK MAN! NOW it's Innocent until proven guilty...whereas, when we even THOUGHT a black WOMAN was violated, it's the other-way-around."

This thread is about their hypocrisy.

:)
Oh, I definately think they're hypocritical. I'd even go so far as to call them modern-day pirates. But they are right about Vick's presumed innocence.

Abbey Marie
07-31-2007, 10:19 AM
I am all for innocent until proven guilty, and if infact he is guilty (which I am pretty sure he is) then they should throw the book at him and give him a lifetime ban from the NFL.

And until that determination is made, sporting goods companies and his employer have the right to withhold their dollars and separate themselves from him.

darin
07-31-2007, 10:22 AM
But they are right about Vick's presumed innocence.

Absolutely.

nevadamedic
07-31-2007, 10:25 AM
And until that determination is made, sporting goods companies and his employer have the right to withhold their dollars and separate themselves from him.

I totally agree with that. It should be left up to his endorsement companies and his employer.

nevadamedic
07-31-2007, 10:26 AM
Absolutely.

Yup he is, until PROVEN guilty. IMO he is guiltier then catching a kid with his/her hand the a cookie jar.

red states rule
07-31-2007, 07:38 PM
This isn't "the left." It's the NAACP defending one of their own. He's a black man and what he did is horrible and can't be defended. But the NAACP is right: he is innocent until proven guilty and the media and popular opinion seems to have already passed judgement on him.

Why did the NAACP feel the same way when it came to the Duck rape case?

Oh, the accused were WHITE

red states rule
07-31-2007, 07:41 PM
Oh, I definately think they're hypocritical. I'd even go so far as to call them modern-day pirates. But they are right about Vick's presumed innocence.

But the liberal media and the "black leaders" were all over the students at Duke - but when the case fell apart they did not issue an apology.

If conservatives had done this to black students - the liberal media and black leaders would not have shut up until those people were fired

Hugh Lincoln
07-31-2007, 10:26 PM
There is no law in America that says anyone is "innocent until proven guilty." And that would be impossible, if you think about it. Someone who commits a crime didn't NOT commit the crime by virtue of not having been charged with or convicted of it. I think what people mean to say is that a criminal defendant has not been legally determined to be guilty. That's not quite the same thing as "innocent" until proven guilty.

O.J., for instance, murdered two people. The fact that his black jury acquitted him means only he hasn't been found guilty by a court of law. But he sure ain't innocent.

The suggestion from the NAACP is that we all run around assuming Michael Vick didn't commit the crimes. But we don't have to do any such thing.

Blacks commit crimes by the dozen and demand we look the other way. But there's no getting around it: black people and crime just go together. If you have blacks, you have crime. Period.

Here's a thought. Blacks are always screaming that IF they commit any crime (gee), it's only because they're poor because evil whitey won't pay them enough money. But O.J., Michael Vick and all the rappers are paid millions of dollars, usually through white ticket sales. So how can "white racism" be responsible for THEIR crimes? They're richer than most whites, that's for sure.

Abbey Marie
07-31-2007, 10:40 PM
Thy are not technically innocent; they are "presumed innocent". But as I posted above, that need only apply in the courtroom. Until the trial, we the people are free to presume him guilty until the cows come home, and if anyone doesn't like it, NAACP included, it's their problem.

Yurt
07-31-2007, 10:54 PM
Thy are not technically innocent; they are "presumed innocent". But as I posted above, that need only apply in the courtroom. Until the trial, we the people are free to presume him guilty until the cows come home, and if anyone doesn't like it, NAACP included, it's their problem.

You are wrong, the dems are everywhere. Even if you think "they" might be guilty, you have a serious problem. Only their constitutients count, not the actual guilt or innocence of any person, well, save that of well, blacks or hispanics, because of course, that is their base.

Ever notice any ONE, I repeat, any ONE, of these groups come to the defense of WHITE folk?

diuretic
07-31-2007, 10:59 PM
I thought the Duke lacrosse players were guilty. Obviously I was wrong.

I can't remember the NAACP's comments on that case but if they were like me and pronouncing the guilt of those players before they were tried and found guilty and now they are calling for that treatment to be applied to Vick, then it is rank hypocrisy on their part.

Perhaps everyone should shut up about someone's guilty until they are tried and found guilty.

Abbey Marie
07-31-2007, 11:01 PM
You are wrong, the dems are everywhere. Even if you think "they" might be guilty, you have a serious problem. Only their constitutients count, not the actual guilt or innocence of any person, well, save that of well, blacks or hispanics, because of course, that is their base.

Ever notice any ONE, I repeat, any ONE, of these groups come to the defense of WHITE folk?

The OJ trial showed us the double standard that exists in the black community. From that day on, I realized that for many, race trumped justice.

diuretic
07-31-2007, 11:48 PM
The OJ trial showed us the double standard that exists in the black community. From that day on, I realized that for many, race trumped justice.

The same argument could be advanced against the jury (ten whites, one Asian, one Latino) in the Simi Valley trial of Sgt Stacey Koontz and his colleagues.

The OJ trial has to be seen in its entirety though.

Here's the jury makeup -

http://www.law.umkc.edu/faculty/projects/ftrials/Simpson/Jurypage.html

And the less said about Mark Fuhrmann the better.

red states rule
08-01-2007, 03:54 AM
There is no law in America that says anyone is "innocent until proven guilty." And that would be impossible, if you think about it. Someone who commits a crime didn't NOT commit the crime by virtue of not having been charged with or convicted of it. I think what people mean to say is that a criminal defendant has not been legally determined to be guilty. That's not quite the same thing as "innocent" until proven guilty.

O.J., for instance, murdered two people. The fact that his black jury acquitted him means only he hasn't been found guilty by a court of law. But he sure ain't innocent.

The suggestion from the NAACP is that we all run around assuming Michael Vick didn't commit the crimes. But we don't have to do any such thing.

Blacks commit crimes by the dozen and demand we look the other way. But there's no getting around it: black people and crime just go together. If you have blacks, you have crime. Period.

Here's a thought. Blacks are always screaming that IF they commit any crime (gee), it's only because they're poor because evil whitey won't pay them enough money. But O.J., Michael Vick and all the rappers are paid millions of dollars, usually through white ticket sales. So how can "white racism" be responsible for THEIR crimes? They're richer than most whites, that's for sure.

:clap:

CockySOB
08-01-2007, 07:10 AM

I can't remember the NAACP's comments on that case but if they were like me and pronouncing the guilt of those players before they were tried and found guilty and now they are calling for that treatment to be applied to Vick, then it is rank hypocrisy on their part.

Perhaps everyone should shut up about someone's guilty until they are tried and found guilty.

The bold text are words of wisdom we should all endeavor to live by.

Here's a link to Prof. KC Johnson's "Durham-in-Wonderland" blog which has focused almost exclusively on the now infamous "Nifong's Folly" case.
http://durhamwonderland.blogspot.com/2007/07/kudos-to-jay-crawford-atlanta-naacp.html

In an important statement, Atlanta NAACP head R.L. White has admitted his North Carolina counterparts erred in their rush to judgment about the lacrosse case.

There's also a link to the video clip of the interview.

Here's the link to Prof. Johnson's article about the NAACP, Vick and Nifong's Folly.
http://durhamwonderland.blogspot.com/2007/07/naacp-stop-piling-on-vick.html

red states rule
08-01-2007, 07:16 AM
The bold text are words of wisdom we should all endeavor to live by.

Here's a link to Prof. KC Johnson's "Durham-in-Wonderland" blog which has focused almost exclusively on the now infamous "Nifong's Folly" case.
http://durhamwonderland.blogspot.com/2007/07/kudos-to-jay-crawford-atlanta-naacp.html

There's also a link to the video clip of the interview.

Here's the link to Prof. Johnson's article about the NAACP, Vick and Nifong's Folly.
http://durhamwonderland.blogspot.com/2007/07/naacp-stop-piling-on-vick.html

To the liberal media, and liberal elitists when the accused is white and the victim is black - the accused is guilty

Only whites can be racists to them

dan
08-01-2007, 08:15 AM
The OJ case was about fame, too. Black juries convict black people every day, but OJ was a star, he wasn't going to jail.

Not to say that it wasn't about race at all. I'd say 60% race, 40% fame.

red states rule
08-01-2007, 08:17 AM
The OJ case was about fame, too. Black juries convict black people every day, but OJ was a star, he wasn't going to jail.

Not to say that it wasn't about race at all. I'd say 60% race, 40% fame.

OJ killed a couple of white people - to the black jury they could not see what crime he can done

actsnoblemartin
08-01-2007, 08:19 AM
I think the jury was just so tired that they didnt want to deliberate and wanted a quick way out. So they just said guilty, ok?, bye.

red states rule
08-01-2007, 08:20 AM
I think the jury was just so tired that they didnt want to deliberate and wanted a quick way out. So they just said guilty, ok?, bye.

You mean not guilty, right?

No, they were not going to find him guilty even if there was a video tape of him killing them

actsnoblemartin
08-01-2007, 08:59 AM
since we have la raza and naacp, how about the national organization for the advancement of jewish people, or the national association for the advancement of caucasions, or the national association for the advancement of europeans.

Oh im sorry, too politically incorrect. I forgot that only whites and christians are evil :finger3:, and muslims, and liberals are wonderful.

dan
08-01-2007, 09:28 AM
I'm not sure how old the NAACP is, but I can see how it seemed like a good idea at one time. Back, say, in the 50's and 60's, I'd say that black people definitely needed a group to stand up for them (not give them any fair treatment, but equal treatment).

The difference is that in our society, caucasians and Jews are already, mostly, very advanced. We don't need an NAAWP.

red states rule
08-01-2007, 06:24 PM
since we have la raza and naacp, how about the national organization for the advancement of jewish people, or the national association for the advancement of caucasions, or the national association for the advancement of europeans.

Oh im sorry, too politically incorrect. I forgot that only whites and christians are evil :finger3:, and muslims, and liberals are wonderful.

What it is now is the NAALCP

National Association for the Advancement of Liberal Color People

red states rule
08-01-2007, 06:26 PM
I'm not sure how old the NAACP is, but I can see how it seemed like a good idea at one time. Back, say, in the 50's and 60's, I'd say that black people definitely needed a group to stand up for them (not give them any fair treatment, but equal treatment).

The difference is that in our society, caucasians and Jews are already, mostly, very advanced. We don't need an NAAWP.

Libs always want to grant special treatment to the groups they have in their hip pocket

Trigg
08-01-2007, 08:39 PM

The media, and everyone else, jumped all over this case. It was gold to them, rich white kids and a poor black stripper.

Nyfong is now known as former District attorney since he was disbarred over this case, in fact for a while there he was looking at possible jail time.

red states rule
08-01-2007, 08:40 PM
The media, and everyone else, jumped all over this case. It was gold to them, rich white kids and a poor black stripper.

Nyfong is now known as former District attorney since he was disbarred over this case, in fact for a while there he was looking at possible jail time.

and don't forget a Southern state and a mostly white college

It was like a bone to a dog

Trigg
08-01-2007, 08:44 PM
and don't forget a Southern state and a mostly white college

It was like a bone to a dog

Exactly, Nifong was looking for re-election and this fell into his lap.

red states rule
08-01-2007, 08:49 PM
Exactly, Nifong was looking for re-election and this fell into his lap.

A Dem DA puting his reelection bid ahead of justice and the truth. Where is the outrage from the libs and the civil rights crowd?

CockySOB
08-02-2007, 10:48 PM
A Dem DA puting his reelection bid ahead of justice and the truth. Where is the outrage from the libs and the civil rights crowd?

(sarcasm)Gotta forgive 'em for their lack of enthusiasm at the moment - they're still tired after their long, boisterous struggle to lynch some rich white boys.... (/sarcasm)

nevadamedic
08-02-2007, 10:49 PM

That's the game of Politics.

manu1959
08-03-2007, 12:17 AM
who cares....he is an entertainer....he is of no importance...

actsnoblemartin
08-03-2007, 01:58 AM
agreed.

actsnoblemartin
08-03-2007, 01:59 AM
Yeah, but he had 50 pitbulls, what was he running k-9 day care for them?

nevadamedic
08-03-2007, 02:05 AM

Ummmmm??????????

red states rule
08-03-2007, 04:32 AM

No

A bunch of racist white people planted the injured dogs on his property

dan
08-03-2007, 07:47 AM
Yeah, I'd say it's pretty obvious to anyone with a brain that Vick is guilty. Why else would his cousin be rolling over on him to cover his own ass?

That said, Vick won't go to jail. Famous people don't do hard time. Vince Neil drove drunk, killed one guy, and made two others vegetables, and he served a whole month.

red states rule
08-03-2007, 07:50 AM
Yeah, I'd say it's pretty obvious to anyone with a brain that Vick is guilty. Why else would his cousin be rolling over on him to cover his own ass?

That said, Vick won't go to jail. Famous people don't do hard time. Vince Neil drove drunk, killed one guy, and made two others vegetables, and he served a whole month.

He will do time. There is no way he will be able to avoid it IF he is found guilty

Trinity
08-03-2007, 07:51 AM

That seems to be the case more often then not, you are guilty until you prove yourself innocent in a court of law. Even though it's supposed to be the other way around.

red states rule
08-03-2007, 07:52 AM
That seems to be the case more often then not, you are guilty until you prove yourself innocent in a court of law. Even though it's supposed to be the other way around.

If only the NAACP would say that when the accused is white and the alleged victims are black

Abbey Marie
08-03-2007, 10:51 AM
If he does do time, it will make for some awesome prison yard football games.

Hagbard Celine
08-03-2007, 11:28 AM

I'm not saying he's innocent. It's pretty obvious that he's guilty, but technically a person is supposed to be presumed innocent until proven guilty in court. I'm just saying technically, the NAACP is correct.

hjmick
08-03-2007, 11:30 AM
I'm not saying he's innocent. It's pretty obvious that he's guilty, but technically a person is supposed to be presumed innocent until proven guilty in court. I'm just saying technically, the NAACP is correct.

HC is right. Remember the rush to judgement in the O.J. Simpson case? We all now know that he was "not guilty." ;)

red states rule
08-04-2007, 09:13 AM

If only the NAALCP would extend that belief to all - regardless of skin color