PDA

View Full Version : War on Christmas 2.0: ‘Jesus Never Existed’

jimnyc
12-21-2016, 01:26 PM
Folks have been saying for years that we are seeing things, that there is and never was a war against Christmas. And yet every year we are seeing more and more complaints, and more and more things disappearing. Now some nitwits out there, the atheists like the dummies Hitchens and Dawkins, trying to claim that perhaps Jesus never even existed. Not sure why so many weak people out there can't handle the thought of Christmas, and it literally irritates them so much.

-----

War on Christmas 2.0: ‘Jesus Never Existed’

Anti-Christmas grinches have upped the ante in the annual war on Christmas, moving beyond opposition to Nativity scenes and Wise Men to denying the very existence of Jesus.
A new article in Big Think claims that more and more, “historians and bloggers alike are questioning whether the actual man called Jesus existed.”

Trendy atheists like Richard Dawkins and the late Christopher Hitchens also dabbled in the denial of the historical Jesus, with Dawkins asserting that it is possible “to mount a serious, though not widely supported, historical case that Jesus never lived at all, and Hitchens averring that Jesus’ existence is “highly questionable.”

Many of the writings we do have are “tainted,” Philip Perry now pronounces in Big Think, and historical sources are few. Even in the bible, Perry writes, “whole chunks of his life are missing. Jesus goes from age 12 to 30, without any word of what happened in-between.”

“What we do have are lots of sources completed several decades after the fact, by authors of the gospels who wanted to promote the faith,” he writes.

Moreover, the “gospels themselves are contradictory,” he adds, with “competing Easter stories” and no real names attached to many of them, “but rather an apostle’s who ‘signing off’ on the manuscript.” There is also “evidence that the gospels were heavily edited over the years.”

Rest here - http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2016/12/21/war-christmas-2-0-jesus-never-existed/

Noir
12-21-2016, 01:30 PM
Yeah I'm pretty sure this is the first time this has ever been claimed.

jimnyc
12-21-2016, 01:32 PM
Yeah I'm pretty sure this is the first time this has ever been claimed.

Of course not, but not with such prominence, I don't recall anyway.

Like we wrote live and let live in the pet thread... folks should let others live and let live so long as no one is being harmed, of which no one is.

Gunny
12-21-2016, 01:35 PM
Folks have been saying for years that we are seeing things, that there is and never was a war against Christmas. And yet every year we are seeing more and more complaints, and more and more things disappearing. Now some nitwits out there, the atheists like the dummies Hitchens and Dawkins, trying to claim that perhaps Jesus never even existed. Not sure why so many weak people out there can't handle the thought of Christmas, and it literally irritates them so much.

-----

War on Christmas 2.0: ‘Jesus Never Existed’

Anti-Christmas grinches have upped the ante in the annual war on Christmas, moving beyond opposition to Nativity scenes and Wise Men to denying the very existence of Jesus.
A new article in Big Think claims that more and more, “historians and bloggers alike are questioning whether the actual man called Jesus existed.”

Trendy atheists like Richard Dawkins and the late Christopher Hitchens also dabbled in the denial of the historical Jesus, with Dawkins asserting that it is possible “to mount a serious, though not widely supported, historical case that Jesus never lived at all, and Hitchens averring that Jesus’ existence is “highly questionable.”

Many of the writings we do have are “tainted,” Philip Perry now pronounces in Big Think, and historical sources are few. Even in the bible, Perry writes, “whole chunks of his life are missing. Jesus goes from age 12 to 30, without any word of what happened in-between.”

“What we do have are lots of sources completed several decades after the fact, by authors of the gospels who wanted to promote the faith,” he writes.

Moreover, the “gospels themselves are contradictory,” he adds, with “competing Easter stories” and no real names attached to many of them, “but rather an apostle’s who ‘signing off’ on the manuscript.” There is also “evidence that the gospels were heavily edited over the years.”

Rest here - http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2016/12/21/war-christmas-2-0-jesus-never-existed/

Who pays these people to be stupid?

Noir
12-21-2016, 01:35 PM
Of course not, but not with such prominence, I don't recall anyway.

Like we wrote live and let live in the pet thread... folks should let others live and let live so long as no one is being harmed, of which no one is.

idk, I reckon people are being harmed, I imagine the people that are being harmed do as well.

jimnyc
12-21-2016, 01:41 PM
idk, I reckon people are being harmed, I imagine the people that are being harmed do as well.

Who is being harmed? And who is being harmed by things in public?

Gunny
12-21-2016, 01:45 PM

Did you even understand the question? I sure as Hell don't know what he's talking about.

jimnyc
12-21-2016, 01:51 PM
Did you even understand the question? I sure as Hell don't know what he's talking about.

He's going to say that kids are somehow harmed by Christmas, or Christianity, or the bible somehow. And that trees in public, or those horrible crosses, somehow harm people.

Noir
12-21-2016, 02:01 PM
He's going to say that kids are somehow harmed by Christmas, or Christianity, or the bible somehow. And that trees in public, or those horrible crosses, somehow harm people.

Well, tress aren't Christian so they're a-okay :salute:

Noir
12-21-2016, 02:02 PM

Looks around planet, yep, Ya'know what, I was mistaken, alls grand (:

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
12-21-2016, 02:11 PM

YOU FFING IDIOT-ITS NOT THE CHRISTIANS!
THAT MURDER, RAPING, ENSLAVING , WOMAN HATING/KILLING, TORTURING AND DECAPITATING IS BEING DONE BY THE LIBS FAVORITE BUDDIES THE DAMN STINKING MAGGOTS CALLED ISLAMISTS!
The only damn religion they defend!!
HELL, WAKE UP...--Tyr

jimnyc
12-21-2016, 02:53 PM

I thought you were referring to the religion.... Look, I love the trees, the lights and the entire season. But I can't say that I'm happy to see a billion trees die per year. I hate using them and would prefer a fake tree. So much easier anyway and much less messy. But I won't expect others to do the same, nor for any reason in particular. But overall, I agree with you, it's not a great thing. At the same time, they aren't going around destroying to each corner of the earth. The trees are grown in certain areas and grown just for Christmas. In other words, they aren't going out all over God's creation and putting us in shortage of Christmas trees. I know that won't make a difference to you, but it does to me.

Gunny
12-21-2016, 03:09 PM
YOU FFING IDIOT-ITS NOT THE CHRISTIANS!
THAT MURDER, RAPING, ENSLAVING , WOMAN HATING/KILLING, TORTURING AND DECAPITATING IS BEING DONE BY THE LIBS FAVORITE BUDDIES THE DAMN STINKING MAGGOTS CALLED ISLAMISTS!
The only damn religion they defend!!
HELL, WAKE UP...--Tyr

Define irony. Pagan boy don't know his roots. Tromping all over a holiday that is a celebration of the winter solstice. For shame. Christians incorporated the date centuries later as a matter of convenience.

revelarts
12-21-2016, 03:09 PM
Every Christmas and Easter a certain type of Atheist decides they must come forward in the media and talk about what they believe about Jesus Christ.
It's odd to me they don't do the same for Moses at passover or for Muhammad at Islamic holidays,... Krishna .. Nope.
but EVERY year their are news reports and expenses media specials that supposedly promote the 'real story'.
if i were an atheist i think i wouldn't waste my time. I mean why for huh?

the saddest thing is that they don't even get the history or the Bible accounts right.
And never allow traditional scholars time for cross examination.

Abbey Marie
12-21-2016, 03:49 PM
He who believes in the Son of God possesses that testimony within himself; he who will not believe God, has made God a liar by refusing to believe the testimony which God has borne to his Son.

1 John 5:10