PDA

View Full Version : Pulse Nightclub Victims Sue Facebook, Twitter, Google for Providing ‘Mate

jimnyc
12-21-2016, 06:05 PM
Good for them. I hope they win against Facebook, and more so against Twitter.

I long wondered about the Twitter crap and I believe even posted here about it. There was Al Qaeda and ISIS members posting there, and many of the media outlets even posting them in their news articles. Why the hell weren't these instantly cut off? The accounts/IP's and everything else should be instantly given to FBI/CIA/NSA or whoever else necessary in helping track them down. But so many of them just continued on and on and on. Who knows how many things were communicated on there?

Facebook was stronger in killing off the accounts, but still not fast enough, not nearly, IMO.

It's one thing if they hide who they are and secretly use these social media platforms for communicating with one another. But it's a different ballgame when they flaunt things out in the open.

-----

Families of Pulse Nightclub Victims Sue Facebook, Twitter, Google for Providing ‘Material Support’ to Islamic State

Twitter, Facebook, and Google are being sued by the families of the Orlando Pulse nightclub shooting victims for allegedly providing “material support” to the Islamic State.
Fox News reports that a federal suit was filed by the victims’ families on Monday against Twitter, Facebook, and Google as the families believe that the companies “provided the terrorist group ISIS with accounts they use to spread extremist propaganda, raise funds, and attract new recruits.” The lawsuit further states, “Without Defendants Twitter, Facebook, and Google (YouTube), the explosive growth of ISIS over the last few years into the most feared terrorist group in the world would not have been possible.”

The Florida shooting took place in June at Pulse nightclub, a prominent gay club in Orlando where an Islamic terrorist by the name of Omar Mateen opened fire, killing 49 people and injuring 53 more. Mateen was shot dead at the scene of the attack by police forces. Mateen had previously been interviewed by the FBI but was not under surveillance at the time of the attacks.

Speaking to Fox News, Juan Gurerro, who is the father of one of the Pulse nightclub victims, said, “Life has not been easy for me or my whole family, it is something I remember and have to live with every day.” The lawyer representing the families in the case, Keith Altman, further said, “Mateen was radicalized by ISIS using the defendant’s tools for that express purpose.”

Rest here - http://www.breitbart.com/tech/2016/12/21/families-of-pulse-nightclub-victims-sue-facebook-twitter-google-for-providing-material-support-to-islamic-state/