PDA

View Full Version : Liberals threatening performers for appearing at Presidential Inauguration

Little-Acorn
12-22-2016, 11:45 PM
Apparently the leftist fanatics just keep on thinking that trying to hurt anyone associated with Donald Trump is a good idea. They have apparently persuaded a small minority of people to spend five minutes at a keyboard claiming they won't support the artist if he performs at the inauguration. The vast majority that are fine with their performance, are carefully ignored.

Then when the small minority manages to bully a performer into changing his mind, they gloat that Trump can't find any performers, as though this showed that there's something wrong with Trump.

Sorry, liberal fanatics. All it shows is that there is something wrong with you.

Not satisfied with trying to smear or destroy Donald Trump, they have also been going after his family, blasting his daughter for posting the artwork they sold to her next to her products. These are the people who nearly got elected in November. Looks like we kicked them out just in time.

-------------------------------------------------

http://thefederalist.com/2016/12/22/hey-hollywood-boycotting-trumps-inauguration-hurts-nobody/

Hey, Hollywood, Boycotting Trump’s Inauguration Hurts Nobody But You

December 22, 2016
by Bre Payton

Donald Trump’s inauguration team is allegedly having trouble finding “A-list” talent to perform at Trump’s swearing in ceremony come January. The reason? “They do not want to ‘normalize’ Trump’s presidency.” Hot Air’s Jazz Shaw explains why this is a stupid idea.

[This is] yet another example of the clueless nature of the L.A. crowd. They worked as their own billion dollar army to defeat Trump, hosting concerts and fundraisers along with showing up alongside Hillary Clinton on the campaign trail. We all saw how that worked out. I’m not sure how many more whacks with the clue bat will be required before it begins to sink in.

The American people don’t need to be preached to by a bunch of pampered film stars or singers when it comes to how best to run the country or what our values should be. The astounding, er… ‘success’ of Miss Sloane on its opening weekend should tell them that nobody is listening other than the liberals who were already drinking the same Kool-Aid anyway.

He’s not wrong. If celebrities choose to boycott the inauguration, they’re demonstrating an inability to live in and deal with reality. Donald Trump will be the next president of the United States whether or not Elton John and company show up at his inauguration, so doubling down on the “we don’t want to ‘normalize’ Trump” rhetoric makes zero sense. What’s more problematic about this boycott, however, is that it’s a missed opportunity for these artists to expose their point of view to millions of people who wouldn’t normally be receptive to it.

Hollywood types aren’t the only creative forces attempting to get themselves as far away as they possibly can from anyone whose last name is Trump. Artists are angry that Ivanka Trump buys their very expensive paintings and displays them in her home.

CSM
12-23-2016, 08:31 AM
Just shows how spiteful, selfish, entitled and hypocritical the libs really are; especially those who make huge amounts of money pretending to be somebody else to entertain the masses.

Noir
12-23-2016, 11:38 AM
Where are the 'threats' is in OP?

I hear there are dancers that are being forced to perform despite their personal public objections, which is pretty great all round :laugh:

jimnyc
12-23-2016, 12:20 PM

I hear there are dancers that are being forced to perform despite their personal public objections, which is pretty great all round :laugh:

Not in that article, but liberals have been threatening various artists that they will boycott their music and/or no longer see them in concert or buy their albums.

I read about ONE dancer that was upset, but likely going to dance anyway (Rockettes). Do you have a link for the plurality?

jimnyc
12-23-2016, 12:31 PM
Just found this article, I guess it was more than one.

http://www.mysanantonio.com/entertainment/article/Rockettes-Ripped-for-Opposing-Trump-Inauguration-10815456.php

Noir
12-23-2016, 12:33 PM
Not in that article, but liberals have been threatening various artists that they will boycott their music and/or no longer see them in concert or buy their albums.

I read about ONE dancer that was upset, but likely going to dance anyway (Rockettes). Do you have a link for the plurality?

Well atleast 12 of them will have to dance or risk losing their job, but it's pretty great that a to-be president can't find people who actually want to perform and instead is having to fall back on unions to force the issue xD

Balu
12-23-2016, 12:35 PM
Yes. Democrats act like offended snotty kids. They have no clue how to take a kick and lose with dignity. It's a shame and a pity for the whole Party. Especially in a State with a two-party system.

Black Diamond
12-23-2016, 12:37 PM
Well atleast 12 of them will have to dance or risk losing their job, but it's pretty great that a to-be president can't find people who actually want to perform and instead is having to fall back on unions to force the issue xD

No need to get the unions involved. If they refuse, grab them by the pussy.

jimnyc
12-23-2016, 12:41 PM

You're only hearing about those not going, he'll have performers there. He'll have talent there for sure. But one group being forced once again doesn't mean plurality. The Rockettes are the only ones being forced to perform, and that's on whoever is in charge.

Black Diamond
12-23-2016, 12:42 PM
You're only hearing about those not going, he'll have performers there. He'll have talent there for sure. But one group being forced once again doesn't mean plurality. The Rockettes are the only ones being forced to perform, and that's on whoever is in charge.

Get Roxette instead.

jimnyc
12-23-2016, 12:45 PM
I have a serious question...

Where do they even perform and when? The only thing I have ever watched was the inauguration itself, the swearing in. Does anyone else watch more than that? And where/when does the performances come into play? Outside the swearing in, I won't be tuning in anyway, no matter who he is lucky enough to get! LOL

KarlMarx
12-23-2016, 12:46 PM
Ah, the Season of Christmas! The Christmas Trees! The Caroling! Santa Claus! The Gestapo tactics of the Left!!!

Peace on Earth and good will towards Leftists, Republicans and conservatives, on the other hand, they get treated with the utmost contempt

But let's be fair.... Most people who voted for Hillary Clinton do not act like this. It's the freaking Sociopaths on the Left that are using this as an excuse act out as much as possible.

jimnyc
12-23-2016, 12:58 PM
Ah, the Season of Christmas! The Christmas Trees! The Caroling! Santa Claus! The Gestapo tactics of the Left!!!

Peace on Earth and good will towards Leftists, Republicans and conservatives, on the other hand, they get treated with the utmost contempt

But let's be fair.... Most people who voted for Hillary Clinton do not act like this. It's the freaking Sociopaths on the Left that are using this as an excuse act out as much as possible.

And example - Andrea Bocelli had no problem performing for Trump and considers him a friend - but backed out due to hatred and threats from the left. Kiss, Gene Simmons who is a good friend with Trump, also wanted to perform but backed out. Kanye West? All he did was meet with Trump at the tower, many assumed it was about perhaps performing, and he received the same hatred. Who knows his decision.

I don't mind them not performing for the most part. They have careers to think about after Jan 20th. Except for Kiss, those fuckers should be performing, they're all nearly dead by now anyway. :coffee:

Trigg
12-23-2016, 05:20 PM

http://www.rawstory.com/2016/12/singer-andrea-bocellis-fans-threaten-boycott-if-he-performs-at-trump-inauguration/

htthttp://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2016/dec/16/jackie-evancho-16-addresses-backlash-since-agreein/p://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2016/dec/16/jackie-evancho-16-addresses-backlash-since-agreein/

Elessar
12-23-2016, 08:10 PM
Oh Hell.

It is stupid Cry-Baby Tactics 201...

They are insignificant...not worth even listening to with the whining.

Those folks will have connections elsewhere, not need to be chained to this
bunch of spoon-pounders.

fj1200
12-24-2016, 12:19 PM
I have a serious question...

Where do they even perform and when? The only thing I have ever watched was the inauguration itself, the swearing in. Does anyone else watch more than that? And where/when does the performances come into play? Outside the swearing in, I won't be tuning in anyway, no matter who he is lucky enough to get! LOL

Probably the bazillion or so inauguration parties.

jimnyc
12-24-2016, 12:27 PM
Probably the bazillion or so inauguration parties.

Is it something that is televised? I never even thought of tuning in before, but maybe it's only for those in attendance?

I'll probably tune in for a few tidbits prior to the swearing in, then the oath itself, and then it's off to Law & Order re-runs. :)

fj1200
12-24-2016, 12:29 PM
Is it something that is televised? I never even thought of tuning in before, but maybe it's only for those in attendance?

I'll probably tune in for a few tidbits prior to the swearing in, then the oath itself, and then it's off to Law & Order re-runs. :)

Not that I've seen but who knows the crap that's on cable these days. You always see news clips though of the new POTUS making the rounds of the many events and doing a dance or two at each one.

Abbey Marie
12-24-2016, 12:32 PM

If this "principle" is so important to them, why don't they quit? And get a real job, while they're at it. If you are a dancer, you dance where the boss tells you to dance.

jimnyc
12-24-2016, 12:33 PM
Not that I've seen but who knows the crap that's on cable these days. You always see news clips though of the new POTUS making the rounds of the many events and doing a dance or two at each one.

Honestly, I don't even have interest in that, not even Trump. That's his problem to have to deal with that crap. And even if it were the best rock bands out there, I still wouldn't be tuning in. That's what youtube is for, I can see that crap anytime. Only live and in person is something you can't miss.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
12-24-2016, 01:32 PM
Honestly, I don't even have interest in that, not even Trump. That's his problem to have to deal with that crap. And even if it were the best rock bands out there, I still wouldn't be tuning in. That's what youtube is for, I can see that crap anytime. Only live and in person is something you can't miss.

That's what youtube is for, I can see that crap anytime. Only live and in person is something you can't miss.

I agree, live gives so much more...

Tom Petty And The HeartBreakers are scheduled for a concert in Memphis on May 8th 2017.
I wouldn't miss that for the world..
I saw and spoke to him over a couple beers many decades ago, when he was not famous(when we were both young).
I told him he was going to be very famous, his reply was, a very serious but non-arrogant, matter of fact, "Yes I know!" :laugh:
Man is an ok egg in my book, for being Southern, down home wit, singer, musician , songwriter and artist/performer.
The documentary presented on NETFLIXS, on he and his band, IS AWESOME. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND WATCHING IT.-TYR

Noir
12-25-2016, 04:41 PM
If this "principle" is so important to them, why don't they quit? And get a real job, while they're at it. If you are a dancer, you dance where the boss tells you to dance.

Even better, I now hear that due to public pressure there has been an agreement that the Rockettes will be able to individually chose if they want to perform. So everyone comes out grand (:

jimnyc
12-25-2016, 04:54 PM
Even better, I now hear that due to public pressure there has been an agreement that the Rockettes will be able to individually chose if they want to perform. So everyone comes out grand (:

So those in charge allowed them to make their own decision, in the Christmas spirit.

And be that as it may, Abbey's point still remains - they are JOBS and the employer dictates. You either do what the employer asks, or you seek new employment. I'm glad that they worked with them, when they certainly didn't need to. I would have just fired anyone not doing their jobs.