PDA

View Full Version : Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows (Warning Spoilers)

nevadamedic
07-31-2007, 01:47 PM
*Again Spoilers, don't read any further if you havent read the book yet!*

I just finished this book and WOW nothing like I expected at all! Has anyone else read this yet? What did you think? What were your favorite parts?

I would have to say mine was the 19 years later chapter as I always wanted Harry and Ginny to be together and Ron and Hermione to betogether so it worked out nicely. I wasn't fond of Tonks, Lupin, Dobby, Madeye, Harry's Owl and The Weasley Brother getting killed. Also I really had a change of heart about Snape they he loved Harry all along and was as close as he was with Harry's mom and that's why he stopped being a Death Eater at the risk of his life to save her and her son.

It left out what happened twords Harry and Draco. They appear to be friends at the end of the book when they are all taking their kids to the Hogwarts Express. It also left out what happened to Luna and the Weasley's or what Harry, Ginny, Ron and Hermione where doing now. Where did Harry and Ginny go? Did they move to Godric's Hallow to be closer to Harry's parents since that is where they are burried, that's where the house they died in was, their War Memorial Statue was there, That's where Dumbledore had lived and the birthplace of Godrick Gryffindor was from. It also left out about Lupin and Tonks son if he went to live with Harry and Ginny and if they raised him. Being the whole Godparents business was big during the series but it failed to mention who the Godparents to Harry and Ginny's and Ron and Hermione's kids was. I would suspect that they were Godparents to eachother's kids, and then since there were a few kids maybe Hagrid? Dunno maybe i've been reading into this to much. :laugh2:

I was also hoping that maybe when The Dark Lord was killed at the end of the book that the people that he killed would come back, that was a little far fetched, but so is the whole series.

Im curious to see how much they cut out of the movie......... They can't cut too much out or a lot of it wont make sense. I wonder how long it will be? I I am not to thrilled about the giant spider part......... They can leave that out LOL.

Im also curious to see how long the sixth movie will be. It comes out November 2008 and The seventh movie will come out in 2010, supposedly. I think it will come out sooner as the kids are growing rapidly and they need to get it done before they look two old, maybe they will shot them back to back like they did Pirates 2 and 3?

jackass
07-31-2007, 09:00 PM
*It also left out about Lupin and Tonks son if he went to live with Harry and Ginny and if they raised him.

Well you keep hoping that she writes another book. Here is her chance. Lupin and Tonks died just like Harry's parents. Could be a whole new series!

nevadamedic
08-01-2007, 07:47 PM
Well you keep hoping that she writes another book. Here is her chance. Lupin and Tonks died just like Harry's parents. Could be a whole new series!

At the end of the 7th book he already graduated Hogwarts.......... There is a petition going to keep her writing books.

Nienna
08-01-2007, 10:03 PM
HA! I TOTALLY called the Snape being in love with Harry's mother and being on the good side! :D

I saw no reason Fred Weasley had to be killed, or Hagrid. I was disappointed in Dumbledore.

I thought there might be a chance at another series with Harry's son...

nevadamedic
08-06-2007, 01:02 AM
HA! I TOTALLY called the Snape being in love with Harry's mother and being on the good side! :D

I saw no reason Fred Weasley had to be killed, or Hagrid. I was disappointed in Dumbledore.

I thought there might be a chance at another series with Harry's son...

:slap: Hagrid didn't die! Re-Read 19 years later. :poke:

Why were you mad at Dumbledore? I was surprised to hear that Snape loved Harry as he sure as hell didn't show it!

Gaffer
08-06-2007, 06:46 PM
I spent a week and a half reading all the books. Never read any of them before. I throughly enjoyed them. Like you NM I had questions about what happened to everyone after the fact. The last chapter didn't give enough info on what all went on and who actually survived. Or what happened to the surviving Death Eaters. She may have left it vague just in case she decides to write another one.

For the last movie the battle of Hogwarts would be pretty spectacular. As it seems the better part of the wizard world were there.

Nienna
08-29-2007, 07:51 PM
I also thought the Longbottoms were faking their insanity, and would come out to fight Voldemort in the end. :(

I was disappointed in Dumbledore because he wasn't all-wise & stuff.

nevadamedic
08-29-2007, 07:56 PM
I also thought the Longbottoms were faking their insanity, and would come out to fight Voldemort in the end. :(

I was disappointed in Dumbledore because he wasn't all-wise & stuff.

:poke::slap::poke: