Some folks are all bark and no bite.

Gunny may be all bite and no bark?

Discuss.

Gunny
12-24-2016, 10:02 PM

Discuss.

Depends on the game. If you mean as a Marine I will use every means fair or foul to whip your ass. Unlike those who like to dismiss their enemies, I get in their heads. I know Uncle Ho's playbook better than he does. Come game time and suiting up? I'm your worst nightmare.

Little-Acorn
12-24-2016, 10:04 PM
If he were no bark, we'd never know he was here.

Balu
12-24-2016, 10:20 PM
Discuss.
There is a Russian saying "A dog which barks never bites." So, I see there is no sense in barking at each other. And then, sometimes barking is a mean to camouflage and hide own weakness. The ancient Romans used to say "Jupiter, you are getting angry? So you are not right"
And finally. Life is too short and unpredictable to be spoiled by barking and biting not only here. :slap:

Black Diamond
12-24-2016, 10:24 PM

On here, he has some bark.

In real life? Probably says two to three words and opens the door with your face.

Gunny
12-24-2016, 10:46 PM
On here, he has some bark.

In real life? Probably says two to three words and opens the door with your face.

In real life I don't talk. I watch. It's kind of hard to not "talk" on a medium based on written word. I've always been accused of being an ass and standoffish.

But I Have nothing to prove. People that talk too much are usually trying to prove something. Waste of time. Especially on the internet. When I talk about me, as I have said before, it's because I AM standoffish. My reference point to others is observation and experience. If you note, I discuss things I know about. Seen me in a stock market thread? I know it crashed in 29.

Want to play basketball? I'll hobble my crippled ass out and beat you. :laugh:

Gunny
12-24-2016, 10:57 PM
There is a Russian saying "A dog which barks never bites." So, I see there is no sense in barking at each other. And then, sometimes barking is a mean to camouflage and hide own weakness. The ancient Romans used to say "Jupiter, you are getting angry? So you are not right"
And finally. Life is too short and unpredictable to be spoiled by barking and biting not only here. :slap:

Agreed. Just because I can be your worst enemy doesn't mean I won't walk WAY out of my way to avoid confrontation. While I can be the most dangerous person you know, I am the least violent one you know. I abhor violence. People get hurt and die. There is nothing to be taken lightly about that. If you are going to use violence you better mean it and have a good reason.

Balu
12-24-2016, 11:09 PM
I would like to say a couple of words to defend Gunny, though he is in my ignore list and since that time I don't read his posts.
We all are subject to so called professional deformation and everybody has own top ceiling which make a person interesting for you or not. He is a serviceman, a sergeant, dedicated his life to the defense of his country and for this he is a man to be respected by definition. Thanks to such men you all can feel yourself in safety. Bear in mind the peculiarities of his service and that any military service is not a honey at all. So, he is as he is, and it is up to you either pay attention to him or ignore him like me if he is not interesting for you as an interlocutor. http://s.rimg.info/83d91a5b1e68c306bea5c23f9bc21630.gif (http://smayliki.ru/smilie-90186951.html)

Elessar
12-24-2016, 11:50 PM
I kind of think it is fair time to lighten up on him if you cannot figure the satire and humor he uses.

Yeah, he will push 'you' into a corner verbally and can contest with the best. But why pick
open a sore that was not already there of your own choosing?

You do not have to respond to some of his input...but some do it just to be contentious...

I respect him a lot, even though he tries to bust my gonads at times.

NightTrain
12-25-2016, 12:04 AM
He's just a big ol' teddy bear.

🐻

Gunny
12-25-2016, 12:42 AM

Ass. :slap:

NightTrain
12-25-2016, 12:44 AM
Ass. :slap:

I note that the charge wasn't disputed.

Case closed.

Black Diamond
12-25-2016, 12:45 AM
I kind of think it is fair time to lighten up on him if you cannot figure the satire and humor he uses.

Yeah, he will push 'you' into a corner verbally and can contest with the best. But why pick
open a sore that was not already there of your own choosing?

You do not have to respond to some of his input...but some do it just to be contentious...

I respect him a lot, even though he tries to bust my gonads at times.
I respect him too. That's why I started the thread. :)

Dude was a bouncer. That's where the opening the door with your face comment came from.

More later.

Gunny
12-25-2016, 12:54 AM
I would like to say a couple of words to defend Gunny, though he is in my ignore list and since that time I don't read his posts.
We all are subject to so called professional deformation and everybody has own top ceiling which make a person interesting for you or not. He is a serviceman, a sergeant, dedicated his life to the defense of his country and for this he is a man to be respected by definition. Thanks to such men you all can feel yourself in safety. Bear in mind the peculiarities of his service and that any military service is not a honey at all. So, he is as he is, and it is up to you either pay attention to him or ignore him like me if he is not interesting for you as an interlocutor. http://s.rimg.info/83d91a5b1e68c306bea5c23f9bc21630.gif (http://smayliki.ru/smilie-90186951.html)

Why put someone on ignore? Not only is it a weak move, it is tactically stupid. I'm going to respond. You pretending it's not there is like all these goofs pretending radical Islam doesn't exist. It's STILL there for everyone to see.

Aside from that, you take things too seriously. Lighten up. It's a message board. I'm in Texas. Ain't a whole lot going to happen unless you show up in my yard.

Black Diamond
12-25-2016, 12:57 AM

I think you may misunderstand. This ain't a bashing thread. And the ignore thing I don't get.

Gunny
12-25-2016, 01:09 AM
I think you may misunderstand. This ain't a bashing thread. And the ignore thing I don't get.

I've never gotten the ignore thing. It's weakness to me. I WILL exploit it. I ain't shutting up. You don't want to read what I have to say that everyone else is reading, who loses? Putting someone on ignore means you're a sounding post without the balls to man your own line.

Balu
12-25-2016, 01:17 AM
I always ignore those who can not behave themselves according to my view. And I don't want their posts to irritate my eyes. Moreover the persons who talk within a frame of labels and blinkers are not interesting for me to discuss anything. I am not in my service here, to keep on smiling to anybody whose dogmas I disagree with. I am sick and tired of this for the past decades.

Black Diamond
12-25-2016, 01:21 AM
I always ignore those who can not behave themselves according to my view. And I don't want their posts to irritate my eyes. Moreover the persons who talk within a frame of labels and blinkers are not interesting for me to discuss anything. I am not in my service here, to keep on smiling to anybody whose dogmas I disagree with. I am sick and tired of this for the past decades.

Russian oddity.....

Gunny
12-25-2016, 01:32 AM

First. I behave according to my view. not yours. I am a moderator. I am big on verbal warnings rather than just slamming you. IF you have me on ignore, you cannot see those verbal warnings. What choice do you leave me? Try being in a position of authority. I don't want to ban anyone but look at the position you put me in (hypothetically speaking).

From a personal point of view, using ignore is weak. It's running in the face of the enemy. When I open my mouth, agree or not, I'm manning my line. If I'm wrong, I'm wrong. I suck it up and move on. Bet you can find more admissions of being wrong from me on this board than from you.

Balu
12-25-2016, 01:32 AM
Russian oddity.....

Not at all.
I didn't say it when I opened a thread about our Ambassador killed in Turkey. But I may had seen him in 1971, when I conducted entrance interviews among entrants of our Institute prior to their entrance exams. So you can guess about my further life and service.

Black Diamond
12-25-2016, 01:33 AM
Not at all.
I didn't say it when I opened a thread about our Ambassador killed in Turkey. But I may had seen him in 1971, when I conducted entrance interviews among entrants of our Institute prior to their entrance exams. So you can guess about my further life and service.

OK.

Gunny
12-25-2016, 01:41 AM
Not at all.

Good thing you added this. So, by the way, I AM a US Marine. I'll break your ass in half with your interrogation bullshit. Been through that school, got the certificate and everything. You ain't got shit on what the SEALS will do to your ass. If you want a war, I'll give you one you won't believe.

So let's talk Christmas. What do y'all do over there for Christmas?

Black Diamond
12-25-2016, 01:43 AM
Good thing you added this. So, by the way, I AM a US Marine. I'll break your ass in half with your interrogation bullshit. Been through that school, got the certificate and everything. You ain't got shit on what the SEALS will do to your ass. If you want a war, I'll give you one you won't believe.

So let's talk Christmas. What do y'all do over there for Christmas?

Vodka, borscht, and the nutcracker.

Gunny
12-25-2016, 01:49 AM

That sucks. I'm not allowed to drink (the daughter will kill me) and I hate sausage. I think I know the NutCracker Suite by heart though. If it was 2 out of 3 we could get a Meatloaf song out of it.:laugh:

Black Diamond
12-25-2016, 01:51 AM
That sucks. I'm not allowed to drink (the daughter will kill me) and I hate sausage. I think I know the NutCracker Suite by heart though. If it was 2 out of 3 we could get a Meatloaf song out of it.:laugh:

I love meat loaf. Fat ass sells how many million albums.

Gunny
12-25-2016, 01:57 AM
I love meat loaf. Fat ass sells how many million albums.

Saw him in concert. Dude can down some Jack and sweat bullets. I was a hard partier back then and couldn't keep up with his ass. I totally wanted that girld from Paradise by the Dashboard Light.

How 70s. :laugh:

Gunny
12-25-2016, 02:00 AM
Saw him in concert. Dude can down some Jack and sweat bullets. I was a hard partier back then and couldn't keep up with his ass. I totally wanted that girld from Paradise by the Dashboard Light.

We know which two of us suck sitting around posting on Christmas Eve. We've been abandoned.

Balu
12-25-2016, 02:02 AM
Borscht (the Ukrainian first meal) at the Christmas or New Year table is more than oddball. :laugh:
And reverting to Gunny. I've read in quotes his post, which additionally proved that he has no clue of the subject he started speaking about. But he is a sergeant and I know what can potentially be expected from sergeant. That's why he with his ass is not interesting for me. He doesn't know such a simple thing that 'pure diplomats' don't have military ranks. So, I would recommend him to take care of his ass, just to be on the safe side. http://s19.rimg.info/aee19e2775457d135efdf745e7d94e15.gif (http://smayliki.ru/smilie-1224821991.html)

NightTrain
12-25-2016, 02:08 AM

I gotta ask... did you wear bell bottoms?

Gunny
12-25-2016, 02:10 AM
Borscht (the Ukrainian first meal) at the Christmas or New Year table is more than oddball. :laugh:
And reverting to Gunny. I've read in quotes his post, which additionally proved that he has no clue of the subject he started speaking about. But he is a sergeant and I know what can potentially be expected from sergeant. That's why he with his ass is not interesting for me. He doesn't know such a simple thing that 'pure diplomats' don't have military ranks. So, I would recommend him to take care of his ass, just to be on the safe side. http://s19.rimg.info/aee19e2775457d135efdf745e7d94e15.gif (http://smayliki.ru/smilie-1224821991.html)

I'll forgo the insults because it is Christmas Eve. Second chance, Want a war? I got one for you. You're pushing and I got nothing better to do. Play nice.

So what kind of decorations do y'all use? I am always interested in different cultures.

Gunny
12-25-2016, 02:18 AM
BTW ... did you think as a member of the staff I did not somehow know you can't ignore me? I didn't fall off the truck last night.

Black Diamond
12-25-2016, 02:22 AM
BTW ... did you think as a member of the staff I did not somehow know you can't ignore me? I didn't fall off the truck last night.

Did he put you on ignore before you were knighted?

Gunny
12-25-2016, 02:30 AM
Where'd we go? No more Christmas Eve with my commie buddy? Damn. I was getting all attached n shit. Guess we can't discuss Russian holidays. Which begs the question ... where are you from? I lived in Eastern Europe most of my childhood and you couldn't even get to the market.

Balu
12-25-2016, 02:32 AM
Did he put you on ignore before you were knighted?
Another proof of mental ability of Sergeants, and Gunny is not an exclusion. http://s3.rimg.info/a275a53363d0ff61431fd83140388e73.gif (http://smayliki.ru/smilie-322850151.html)

http://i87.fastpic.ru/big/2016/1225/22/95c94c01763dd77a09fde50b3eec9222.jpg

NightTrain
12-25-2016, 02:37 AM
Balu, would you like to admit you see everything Gunny posts?

He is a lowly mod, just like me.

Balu
12-25-2016, 02:51 AM

I gave you a picture which shows what I see on my monitor. And I can admit that I see such pictures indicating that Gunny is in my ignore list.
Please, see below another proof. http://s19.rimg.info/aee19e2775457d135efdf745e7d94e15.gif (http://smayliki.ru/smilie-1224821991.html)

http://i87.fastpic.ru/big/2016/1225/65/80ca0bc52045e16bcc87980f6c95c565.jpg

Gunny
12-25-2016, 02:54 AM

I'm looking for something to be pissed at. Commies top the list. Scroll back up. I tried to beg off. Twice..

You are nothing but a target to me, commie. Whoever the fuck you think you are, bring your shit. Polishing that office chair must hurt your ass. Man up your bullshit. I like to talk shit and run away.

Come on bitch. I know as much about your lack of intel as you do. Want to call me names and question me and my skills? Let's dance, bitch. You're a low-level nobody. Bring your game.

Gunny
12-25-2016, 03:05 AM
And I'm the asshole from Hell your mommy warned you about. Leave me the fuck alone. Unlike you, I will not back down from battle. Guess I ain't go enough blisters on my ass.

Gunny
12-25-2016, 03:15 AM
And I'm the asshole from Hell your mommy warned you about. Leave me the fuck alone. Unlike you, I will not back down from battle. Guess I ain't go enough blisters on my ass.

We're waiting on a response jackoff. Come on. You want to take me on? Get after it. You pissed off the wrong motherfucker. Bring your game or shut the fuck up and play nice. It's Christmas Eve. You've turned it into shit. Thanks.

NightTrain
12-25-2016, 03:21 AM
Gunny : this whole thread was a joke/prop function. You're a hero and respected.

Revel.

Gunny
12-25-2016, 03:36 AM
Gunny : this whole thread was a joke/prop function. You're a hero and respected.

Revel.

I am aware. You ask about making me angry don't freak on the answer. I'm not a hero. I lost boys in the field.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
12-25-2016, 09:12 AM
I gave you a picture which shows what I see on my monitor. And I can admit that I see such pictures indicating that Gunny is in my ignore list.
Please, see below another proof. http://s19.rimg.info/aee19e2775457d135efdf745e7d94e15.gif (http://smayliki.ru/smilie-1224821991.html)

http://i87.fastpic.ru/big/2016/1225/65/80ca0bc52045e16bcc87980f6c95c565.jpg

My two cents worth on this Balu.
Gunny and I are a lot alike(no disrespect intended Gunny).
We are both Southern men, both with very strong convictions in regards to how we carry ourselves, both would rather die than ever back down(southern trait that), both having anger control issues and learning to control such, we both are fighters( real fighters unlike these new generations) and we both come off as very abrasive(at first) until one gets to know us..

I walk with my 45 loaded,cocked and ready to go at all times myself. Its just something people these days arent used to, methinks.

'"Not taking sides", but a restart/rethink on the ignore thing is my suggestion my friend.
Hell, gunny reminds me of my older brother Jessie, who I so dearly love.
We Americans are a very diverse lot my friend.
And it may be true, that gunny and I are dinosaurs in how we interact with people, because we adhere to this principle-
"Äin't here to start any shit and damn sure ain't agonna take any shit!"(A Southern thang)

Know this Balu, I once was wilder than a mustang, meaner than a rattlesnake, prayed for a damn good fight every day(truth)..
Now I am tame as a lamb(;)), gentle as a baby(;)), and hope to avoid ever fighting- unless its absolutely called for!
One its ever called for-- it Katy bar the damn door. :laugh:

Merry Christmas to one all, this ole boy got family to visit and may even down a couple shots of very good whiskey today!-Tyr

Gunny
12-25-2016, 11:00 AM
My two cents worth on this Balu.
Gunny and I are a lot alike(no disrespect intended Gunny).
We are both Southern men, both with very strong convictions in regards to how we carry ourselves, both would rather die than ever back down(southern trait that), both having anger control issues and learning to control such, we both are fighters( real fighters unlike these new generations) and we both come off as very abrasive(at first) until one gets to know us..

I walk with my 45 loaded,cocked and ready to go at all times myself. Its just something people these days arent used to, methinks.

'"Not taking sides", but a restart/rethink on the ignore thing is my suggestion my friend.
Hell, gunny reminds me of my older brother Jessie, who I so dearly love.
We Americans are a very diverse lot my friend.
And it may be true, that gunny and I are dinosaurs in how we interact with people, because we adhere to this principle-
"Äin't here to start any shit and damn sure ain't agonna take any shit!"(A Southern thang)

Know this Balu, I once was wilder than a mustang, meaner than a rattlesnake, prayed for a damn good fight every day(truth)..
Now I am tame as a lamb(;)), gentle as a baby(;)), and hope to avoid ever fighting- unless its absolutely called for!
One its ever called for-- it Katy bar the damn door. :laugh:

Merry Christmas to one all, this ole boy got family to visit and may even down a couple shots of very good whiskey today!-Tyr

It ain't no big deal, tyr. He wnted to pull my chain and I didn't have anything better to do.:laugh: Back to the original point, if you're going to stir up some crap, don't go hightailing it the second the going gets rough. Ask some of the really old timers from here and USMB. I can be a real SOB if you go tugging on my cape. I just prefer to leave most of it alone. Unless I'm bored. :laugh: Christmas Eve after the rugrats are asleep and the presents done is BORED. :laugh:

Black Diamond
12-25-2016, 11:04 AM
It ain't no big deal, tyr. He wnted to pull my chain and I didn't have anything better to do.:laugh: Back to the original point, if you're going to stir up some crap, don't go hightailing it the second the going gets rough. Ask some of the really old timers from here and USMB. I can be a real SOB if you go tugging on my cape. I just prefer to leave most of it alone. Unless I'm bored. :laugh: Christmas Eve after the rugrats are asleep and the presents done is BORED. :laugh:

Interesting someone hurling insults and having the recipient on ignore.

Gunny
12-25-2016, 11:21 AM

Was a line in the original novel First Blood (not the movie .. I read the book before Sly did his thing) The reason Rambo didn't kill Teasle on the mountain is because he saw buttheads war medals. He expected him to stand and fight not go running down the mountain.

I expect people to stand and fight.

Balu
12-25-2016, 11:36 AM
If you're speaking about me I'm just expressing my attitude towards Gunny and nothing more. He is worth to be respected as a serviceman by definition. I told about this. I am accustomed to respect soldiers of any Army, even the hostile one. And also I explained the reasons why some from the board are on my ignore list. I prefer to speak with clever informed and broadminded persons. Unguided missiles of tremendous destructive power has never been of my interest if we are talking about talks in forums. http://s.rimg.info/83d91a5b1e68c306bea5c23f9bc21630.gif (http://smayliki.ru/smilie-90186951.html)

Gunny
12-25-2016, 11:53 AM
I gotta ask... did you wear bell bottoms?

Levi's big bells. You betcha.:laugh:

Gunny
12-25-2016, 12:03 PM
If you're speaking about me I'm just expressing my attitude towards Gunny and nothing more. He is worth to be respected as a serviceman by definition. I told about this. I am accustomed to respect soldiers of any Army, even the hostile one. And also I explained the reasons why some from the board are on my ignore list. I prefer to speak with clever informed and broadminded persons. Unguided missiles of tremendous destructive power has never been of my interest if we are talking about talks in forums. http://s.rimg.info/83d91a5b1e68c306bea5c23f9bc21630.gif (http://smayliki.ru/smilie-90186951.html)

Really. Bring your clever ass. You couldn't hang on your best day and my worst. What you prefer is to ignore anyone smarter than you and can see right through your little game. I got your number, bubba. I'm raised and trained to take you apart in as many pieces as it takes. I respect warriors. Men who stand and fight like men. I don't respect a lot of hot air.

fj1200
12-26-2016, 02:03 PM

Discuss.

Semantics.

Gunny
12-26-2016, 02:14 PM
Semantics.

Isn't it always? :)

fj1200
12-26-2016, 02:16 PM
Isn't it always? :)

Tru dat!

Gunny
12-26-2016, 03:45 PM
Oh, and bad news for you civilian slime (especially jimnyc ) Gunny's getting his power back. Going to be a bad day in Bedrock. All you little wussballs that have been nice to me are going to pay. :slap:

Trigg
12-26-2016, 03:49 PM
Oh, and bad news for you civilian slime (especially @jimnyc (http://www.debatepolicy.com/member.php?u=1) ) Gunny's getting his power back. Going to be a bad day in Bedrock. All you little wussballs that have been nice to me are going to pay. :slap: So I guess all of those who've been mean to you are off the hook then, good to know. :cool:

Gunny
12-26-2016, 04:03 PM
So I guess all of those who've been mean to you are off the hook then, good to know. :cool:No. They die first. Y'all get to be second.

Just kidding anyway. Thought I'd throw something out and see what I can hook. Looks like I caught me a fish, don't it? :laugh:

My crap is still so broken I don't even know which way is fixed.

jimnyc
12-26-2016, 04:40 PM
Oh, and bad news for you civilian slime (especially jimnyc ) Gunny's getting his power back. Going to be a bad day in Bedrock. All you little wussballs that have been nice to me are going to pay. :slap:

Be quiet dummy. :)

Abbey Marie
12-26-2016, 04:49 PM
No. They die first. Y'all get to be second.

Just kidding anyway. Thought I'd throw something out and see what I can hook. Looks like I caught me a fish, don't it? :laugh:

My crap is still so broken I don't even know which way is fixed.

http://s2.quickmeme.com/img/b3/b357afb398ee0904e94136f93dba959960d21728b305ebc028 1935ec56bd3514.jpg

Gunny
12-26-2016, 05:55 PM
Be quiet dummy. :)

You are last. I'll beat you with this cane. You'll be all embarrassed after a skinny old man whoops your ass.:slap:

Black Diamond
12-26-2016, 06:00 PM
You are last. I'll beat you with this cane. You'll be all embarrassed after a skinny old man whoops your ass.:slap:

I have always wondered at what point Muhammad Ali could no longer whip the shit out of 99 percent of the population.

Black Diamond
12-26-2016, 06:02 PM
I have always wondered at what point Muhammad Ali could no longer whip the shit out of 99 percent of the population.

If ever

Gunny
12-26-2016, 08:33 PM

As a fighter, I'd say he should have passed on most of his last fights. He took some unnecessary beatings for no reason. He had nothing left to prove. All the crap about blaming Parkinson's on boxing is just that to me. Crap. He was a man who chose his path in life. I'm jacked up as a direct result of the path I chose. I knew it was coming and was warned.

I'd do it again in a second. It sucks but I have no regrets. I had a blast. I wouldn't trade it for all the tea in China.

As far as Jim is concerned, I'd run over him on the granddaughter's tricycle. :laugh:

Elessar
12-26-2016, 10:50 PM
As a fighter, I'd say he should have passed on most of his last fights. He took some unnecessary beatings for no reason. He had nothing left to prove. All the crap about blaming Parkinson's on boxing is just that to me. Crap. He was a man who chose his path in life. I'm jacked up as a direct result of the path I chose. I knew it was coming and was warned.

I'd do it again in a second. It sucks but I have no regrets. I had a blast. I wouldn't trade it for all the tea in China.

As far as Jim is concerned, I'd run over him on the granddaughter's tricycle. :laugh:

You're just a jerk at times.

Honorable, but just a jerk!:poke:

P.S....respect the hell out of you.

Balu
12-26-2016, 11:07 PM
Semantics.
It is known that the smaller and weaker the toy-dog is, the louder and shrilly it barks and demonstrates it's fighting qualities. Large and strong dogs never bark unnecessarily. They usually warn by their growl.

http://cs31.babysfera.ru/a/9/e/9/36409618.272563757.jpeg

Gunny
12-27-2016, 02:32 AM
You're just a jerk at times.

Honorable, but just a jerk!:poke:

P.S....respect the hell out of you.

And I don't even have to practice. :)

Gunny
12-27-2016, 02:34 AM
It is known that the smaller and weaker the toy-dog is, the louder and shrilly it barks and demonstrates it's fighting qualities. Large and strong dogs never bark unnecessarily. They usually warn by their growl.

http://cs31.babysfera.ru/a/9/e/9/36409618.272563757.jpeg

If it don't bark on the internet, it's never heard.

Black Diamond
12-27-2016, 02:41 AM
If it don't bark on the internet, it's never heard.
Were you a bouncer before the Corps?

Gunny
12-27-2016, 01:34 PM
Were you a bouncer before the Corps?

As a matter of fact, I was. Biker bar in Miami.

Gunny
12-27-2016, 05:49 PM
So what do y'all think ..... I keep seeing these regrown hair infomercials. Should I care? I always figured I could just get me one of those cia pet things if it really bothered me. Do chia pets come in salt n pepper color?

jimnyc
12-27-2016, 06:32 PM
That's a cool looking little chihuahua. :) Gunny is more like a french bulldog...

http://i.imgur.com/TvxrKfI.jpg

Gunny
12-27-2016, 07:17 PM
That's a cool looking little chihuahua. :) Gunny is more like a french bulldog...

Depends on who you listen to. According to Balu, I'm a big, dumb grunt caveman with a club.:laugh:

Black Diamond
12-27-2016, 08:22 PM
So what do y'all think ..... I keep seeing these regrown hair infomercials. Should I care? I always figured I could just get me one of those cia pet things if it really bothered me. Do chia pets come in salt n pepper color?

Shave your head every day. Go for the Kojak look.

Black Diamond
12-27-2016, 08:23 PM
Depends on who you listen to. According to Balu, I'm a big, dumb grunt caveman with a club.:laugh:

You ain't dumb.

Black Diamond
12-27-2016, 08:24 PM

Oxymoron?

Gunny
12-27-2016, 08:48 PM
Oxymoron?

Ain't noting about me from France. We fight to the death where I come from. Remember the Alamo? It's about 8 miles from where I sit.

Black Diamond
12-27-2016, 09:07 PM
Ain't noting about me from France. We fight to the death where I come from. Remember the Alamo? It's about 8 miles from where I sit.
They all did fight to the death. And then some. Yikes.

Gunny
12-27-2016, 09:34 PM
They all did fight to the death. And then some. Yikes.

183 vs 3000? Sounds like a fair fight to me. Don't come down here looking for a party then go away saying we didn't throw one.:laugh:

Abbey Marie
12-28-2016, 11:15 AM
I wonder which dog breeds best represents everyone else? They do vary a lot in personality and looks.

I've always been partial to this look:

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/0a/c1/10/0ac110a9801131d81d6fcecde63af0e7.jpg

Black Diamond
12-28-2016, 11:26 AM
I wonder which dog breeds best represents everyone else? They do vary a lot in personality and looks.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/0a/c1/10/0ac110a9801131d81d6fcecde63af0e7.jpg
Is that an Irish setter?

jimnyc
12-28-2016, 11:26 AM
Oxymoron?

Well, I dunno about the Oxy part... :)

Abbey Marie
12-28-2016, 11:32 AM
Is that an Irish setter?

Yes Sir!

Balu
12-28-2016, 12:24 PM

A nice dog!
I had a Russian Spaniel. He was an excellent help and my best friend in hunting. He could dive up to 10 feet to get trophies.

http://зоомаркет.рф/sysfiles/10(25).jpg

http://volierprof.ru/images/porody-img/russkiy-spaniel-600-1.jpg

jimnyc
12-28-2016, 12:30 PM
That's a beautiful doggy, Balu!! Never heard of that one before. :)

Poor little ducky though. He'll be "peking duck" by the end of the day :(

Balu
12-28-2016, 12:35 PM
That's a beautiful doggy, Balu!! Never heard of that one before. :)

Poor little ducky though. He'll be "peking duck" by the end of the day :(

The Russian Spaniel is a relatively small dog with a height at the withers of 38 - 45 cm (15 - 17 3/4 inches). However, the small size does not affect the ability of this dog with a strong, well built, slightly elongated croup and long muscular legs, to work as well in the field as other much larger gun dogs. The Russian Spaniel's coat is skintight, not too long, with wavy fringes on the back of the legs and on the ears. Colors are usually white with dark (black, brown or red) spots and speckles. Head and ears are usually dark in color as well. Other coloring is allowed, and can vary from solids to tricolors. The Russian Spaniel has all the field qualities necessary for a gun dog: stamina, great sense of smell, energy during the search, persistence and inborn willingness to retrieve. These dogs start to work early in life and do not require a lot of training. The goal of a Russian Spaniel during the hunt is to seek out the bird, bring it up into the air, and after the shot and on command to retrieve the game. They are well equipped for the hunt of a marsh, field, woodland, arid-land bird and waterfowl as well as rabbits and other small game. Aside from the Russian Spaniels' hunting abilities, these dogs are great family pets: playful, loyal, great with children and can even perform the duty of a guard dog when necessary.

For details follow a link below. To my mind this is the best hunting breed to have in a city.

http://www.dogbreedinfo.com/russianspaniel.htm

Balu
12-30-2016, 02:41 AM
Gunny? :laugh:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4UWzDGG-0ys

Gunny
12-30-2016, 03:17 PM
Gunny? :laugh:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4UWzDGG-0ys

Too weak to be me. And too pretty. :laugh:

jimnyc
12-30-2016, 05:05 PM
I found another dog that reminds me of Gunny, and Gunny is even wearing his 'ugly Christmas sweater'

http://i.imgur.com/0RB36pj.jpg

Gunny
12-30-2016, 06:21 PM
I found another dog that reminds me of Gunny, and Gunny is even wearing his 'ugly Christmas sweater'

http://i.imgur.com/0RB36pj.jpg

I don't have any hair, douchewad. Do you ever do anything right? geez ...:slap:

Black Diamond
12-30-2016, 07:42 PM

I still say go for the Kojak look.

Black Diamond
12-30-2016, 08:05 PM
I still say go for the Kojak look.

Gunny loves ya baby. :laugh:

hjmick
12-30-2016, 08:24 PM
Bark or bite...

I've known Gunny on two boards. Never had a run in, never had a problem.

So... I'm not sure why people have a problem with the guy... And I have heard stories...

Black Diamond
12-30-2016, 08:25 PM
Bark or bite...

I've known Gunny on two boards. Never had a run in, never had a problem.

So... I'm not sure why people have a problem with the guy... And I have heard stories...

You've heard things.

hjmick
12-30-2016, 08:36 PM
You've heard things.

Not from this board, but yes...

Black Diamond
12-30-2016, 08:42 PM

You were supposed to get the raging bull reference, silly ass.

hjmick
12-30-2016, 08:58 PM

Do you have any idea how long it's been since I saw that movie?

Gunny
12-30-2016, 09:46 PM

Mick knows me from USMB when I ran it. Difference between being in charge and just a minion that takes out the trash. This is Jim's board and there are several admins between me and the top and I'm fine with it. I ran that board exactly like a jarhead. And I spent a LOT of time babysitting.

Deja vu, but I was looking at it today. Y'all are boring. :slap: I'm ashamed I helped create that monster. I'd clean house on that MFer from the owner on down. When I started there I didn't have jack. No fear in a repeat from me.

Point is, I will go out of my way to avoid confrontation. In real life, and on a message board. However, once engaged, you're going down. I've been banned from here. And several other joints. I don't know the meaning of taking shit nor mercy.

Mick's been around since forever. I don't recall a cross word. We mostly talk about bell bottoms and other 70s hippy junk. If you're trying to stir up some junk, I can give you a list of names.:laugh:

Black Diamond
12-30-2016, 09:48 PM
Do you have any idea how long it's been since I saw that movie?

It was so awkward... That scene.. You just want Jake to stop.

Black Diamond
12-30-2016, 09:51 PM
Mick knows me from USMB when I ran it. Difference between being in charge and just a minion that takes out the trash. This is Jim's board and there are several admins between me and the top and I'm fine with it. I ran that board exactly like a jarhead. And I spent a LOT of time babysitting.

Deja vu, but I was looking at it today. Y'all are boring. :slap: I'm ashamed I helped create that monster. I'd clean house on that MFer from the owner on down. When I started there I didn't have jack. No fear in a repeat from me.

Point is, I will go out of my way to avoid confrontation. In real life, and on a message board. However, once engaged, you're going down. I've been banned from here. And several other joints. I don't know the meaning of taking shit nor mercy.

Mick's been around since forever. I don't recall a cross word. We mostly talk about bell bottoms and other 70s hippy junk. If you're trying to stir up some junk, I can give you a list of names.:laugh:

Tell the truth. You enjoyed the battles with Shogun.

Gunny
12-30-2016, 10:15 PM
Tell the truth. You enjoyed the battles with Shogun.

I did. But I got in his head and he left. All I had to do was be nice to him. Screwed his game all the hell up.:laugh:

I thought he was an intelligent guy once you read through the smokescreen.

Elessar
12-30-2016, 11:21 PM
I did. But I got in his head and he left. All I had to do was be nice to him. Screwed his game all the hell up.:laugh:

Shit. You are a pussycat when people address you with common sense and decency.
As it should be done, by the way.

Black Diamond
12-30-2016, 11:27 PM

I thought the dude was hilarious. Funniest guy on the board.

But he didn't play by anyone's rules.

Gunny
12-30-2016, 11:42 PM
Times have changed. The Shogun I used to debate with could actually debate. I respect that. He's the last person I recall before everything turned into name calling. We'd go page for page. I just recall you got to be on your toes with him or he'll rip your knickers.

And there was no pussycat going on then, It was no quarter asked nor given.

Black Diamond
12-30-2016, 11:56 PM
Times have changed. The Shogun I used to debate with could actually debate. I respect that. He's the last person I recall before everything turned into name calling. We'd go page for page. I just recall you got to be on your toes with him or he'll rip your knickers.

Oh that too. He had a ton of energy. And a ton of ammo. You'd better be awake.

Gunny
12-30-2016, 11:57 PM

And you when it sucks to be him? Regardless all the BS he pulled, I knew I could count on him to do the right thing. And he knew he was going to. I'll take a Marine like that on any given day to include holidays.

Black Diamond
12-31-2016, 01:43 AM

I have too. But in some cases, consider the source.

Gunny
12-31-2016, 02:23 AM
[QUOTE=Black Diamond;849780]I have too. But in some cases, consider the source.[/QUOT
Y'all believe even half the stories on that board need to have your heads examined. I didn't have enough time to pull 0ff any of that crap, I barely had time to look at the board. And i don't hang in PM and social media is a foreign country to me.

Black Diamond
12-31-2016, 02:31 AM
[QUOTE=Black Diamond;849780]I have too. But in some cases, consider the source.[/QUOT
Y'all believe even half the stories on that board need to have your heads examined. I didn't have enough time to pull 0ff any of that crap, I barely had time to look at the board. And i don't hang in PM and social media is a foreign country to me.
I can think of a source that was batshit crazy certifiably insane. That's what I meant.

Gunny
12-31-2016, 02:44 AM
[QUOTE=Gunny;849781]
I can think of a source that was batshit crazy certifiably insane. That's what I meant.

You still BBQ? I need a new recipe.

Black Diamond
12-31-2016, 02:47 AM
[QUOTE=Black Diamond;849782]

You still BBQ? I need a new recipe.

I think there is a former mod from over there who started his own board you could use for the meat. I don't mean Jim either.

jimnyc
12-31-2016, 09:23 AM

Ok then, now I KNOW I really found the "Gunny Dog". Looks like he even has an attitude like you!!

http://i.imgur.com/4Qhp3oo.png

jimnyc
12-31-2016, 06:43 PM
Here's both Gunny and myself. I know the big ugly dog is tied up and far enough away, so I can tease and talk shit and act tough and get away with it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DNeaZz9Vt6Q

Elessar
12-31-2016, 08:07 PM
Here's both Gunny and myself. I know the big ugly dog is tied up and far enough away, so I can tease and talk shit and act tough and get away with it!

Damn....that little kit did not really back down from that Rottie until the last!

Gunny
12-31-2016, 11:28 PM
Ok then, now I KNOW I really found the "Gunny Dog". Looks like he even has an attitude like you!!

http://i.imgur.com/4Qhp3oo.png

I am well manicured, dirtball. l

Balu
01-01-2017, 05:35 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DNeaZz9Vt6Q

The key words describing the Nature? If it is so, it sounds in unison with my clip "Mozart is a Create Composer, Sir!" http://s19.rimg.info/aee19e2775457d135efdf745e7d94e15.gif (http://smayliki.ru/smilie-1224821991.html)

Gunny
01-01-2017, 12:12 PM
The key words describing the Nature? If it is so, it sounds in unison with my clip "Mozart is a Create Composer, Sir!" http://s19.rimg.info/aee19e2775457d135efdf745e7d94e15.gif (http://smayliki.ru/smilie-1224821991.html)

? Make sense? What's Mozart got to do with Jim turning me into an ugly little dog?

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
01-01-2017, 02:36 PM
True and Davy Crockett and his men were from the South- from Tennessee, Bowie was from the southern regions as well. :beer: :beer:
Fighting to the death(when called for) just comes in the blood if one is a true Southerner IMHO..-Tyr

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
01-01-2017, 02:44 PM
True and Davy Crockett and his men were from the South- from Tennessee, Bowie was from the southern regions as well. :beer: :beer:
Fighting to the death(when called for) just comes in the blood if one is a true Southerner IMHO..-Tyr

Gunny
01-01-2017, 02:57 PM

Did we not mention the paternal side of the family? Southern TN - Northern Alabama. My last name is well known around New Market. The US wouldn't exist if Southerners hadn't stomped the crap out of the Brits. The idiots that re-write history tend to forget basic fact.

Black Diamond
01-01-2017, 03:07 PM

I saw a movie when I was a kid about the Alamo. I remember Santa Ana saying he wanted to find the bodies of Crockett and Bowie and "I will dip my fingers in their blood".

Gunny
01-01-2017, 03:20 PM
I saw a movie when I was a kid about the Alamo. I remember Santa Ana saying he wanted to find the bodies of Crockett and Bowie and "I will dip my fingers in their blood".Texas history class time:

183 men took on between 2-3k, depending on who you want to listen to. Santa Ana was about as smart as an LCPl. The strategy was to hold his forces as bay, giving Houston time to build an army. Santa Ana won two victories -- at great cost -- The Alamo and the massacre at Goliad. Then he got his ass whipped so bad he was caught hiding in a private's uniform.

Lesson learned: don't screw with us hillbillies. You're writing a check you can't cash.

Black Diamond
01-18-2017, 06:35 PM
Were you a Gunnery Sergeant when you were a drill instructor? I am wondering if a recruit ever called you "Sergeant" instead and how long it took for him to reattach his head. :cool:

Gunny
01-18-2017, 07:03 PM
Were you a Gunnery Sergeant when you were a drill instructor? I am wondering if a recruit ever called you "Sergeant" instead and how long it took for him to reattach his head. :cool:

I was a Sgt an a Staff Sgt. Marines address other Marines by rank. Gunny and Top are the only two nick's I know of you can use. Recruits are required to address you by full rank. Most t of them screw up by calling you "you".

I was however never abusive to privates and would not tolerate any such behavior.

Black Diamond
03-21-2017, 04:16 PM
So vain. Probably thinks this thread is about him.

Gunny
03-21-2017, 04:38 PM
So vain. Probably thinks this thread is about him.

Well I walked into Saratoga and MY horse naturally won. I'm where I should be all the time, and when I'm not ......:laugh::laugh:

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
03-21-2017, 04:55 PM
Well I walked into Saratoga and MY horse naturally won. I'm where I should be all the time, and when I'm not ......:laugh::laugh:

Back when that song was popular, I had in one summer three different girlfriends call into the local radio station and have that song played , dedicated on the air to me. I was separated from my first wife getting divorced then .
She called the radio station and asked them not to take those dedications again.
My friend, Gary worked there, he took her call.
Told her this, after we played those dedications we got two different girls from Trumann call in to request the same.
Robert must not be home weeping all alone about you cheating on him....
and he was correct,I wasn't -even tho' I wanted to do just that..
Love is a bitch sometimes, and even when totally ffked over, its best sometimes, to just get back in the damn saddle and ride hell for leather to burn the pains away.-Tyr

Gunny
03-21-2017, 05:04 PM
Back when that song was popular, I had in one summer three different girlfriends call into the local radio station and have that song played , dedicated on the air to me. I was separated from my first wife getting divorced then .
She called the radio station and asked them not to take those dedications again.
My friend, Gary worked there, he took her call.
Told her this, after we played those dedications we got two different girls from Trumann call in to request the same.
Robert must not be home weeping all alone about you cheating on him....
and he was correct,I wasn't -even tho' I wanted to do just that..
Love is a bitch sometimes, and even when totally ffked over, its best sometimes, to just get back in the damn saddle and ride hell for leather to burn the pains away.-TyrDude. Jim calls ME old. I was like 12 or 13 when that song came out. Girls were just entering the radar zone.:laugh:

BUT ... I loved Carly Simon. She was HOT.

Oh and I ain't no cherry when it comes to that song. Had it tossed at me more than twice over the years.:laugh:

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
03-21-2017, 05:40 PM
Dude. Jim calls ME old. I was like 12 or 13 when that song came out. Girls were just entering the radar zone.:laugh:

BUT ... I loved Carly Simon. She was HOT.

Oh and I ain't no cherry when it comes to that song. Had it tossed at me more than twice over the years.:laugh:
Damn straight she was hot but not as hot as Rachel Ward from the Thornbirds series.
I would have found giants and slain legions to have been with that epic beauty.
I still have the occasional dream where she appears.. ;)--Tyr

Gunny
03-21-2017, 08:20 PM
Damn straight she was hot but not as hot as Rachel Ward from the Thornbirds series.
I would have found giants and slain legions to have been with that epic beauty.
I still have the occasional dream where she appears.. ;)--TyrNot sure about you, but Rachel Ward is a tad young for me. Lynda Carter is more my speed.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
03-21-2017, 09:23 PM
Not sure about you, but Rachel Ward is a tad young for me. Lynda Carter is more my speed.

Click the link below for her picture when she was young..
I took notice of her when I was 22 years old and she was 19.-Tyr

[QUOTE]https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q=rachel+ward+age&*

Rachel Ward/Age
Image result for Rachel Ward age
59 years
Birth September 12, 1957

Black Diamond
03-22-2017, 03:58 AM
Not sure about you, but Rachel Ward is a tad young for me. Lynda Carter is more my speed.
Wonder Woman doesn't age.

Gunny
03-22-2017, 09:11 AM
Wonder Woman doesn't age.

Think she uses stick? Or roll on?

Black Diamond
07-02-2017, 02:42 AM
Was it an adjustment going from junior drill instructor to senior
drill instructor? Different role yes ?

Gunny
07-02-2017, 09:03 PM
Was it an adjustment going from junior drill instructor to senior
drill instructor? Different role yes ?Very much so. Two different roles. There are 3 roles -- Sr, the heavy jr, and the 3rd hat. the heavy is the ass momma warns you about Marine Drill Instructors. The other jr usually can play heavy or Sr if need be. He's grooming to be a Sr. The Sr is "daddy". Without "daddy" recruits feel they have no recourse for whatever their flavor bitch of the day is.

In Full Metal Jacket, R. Lee Ermey perfectly played a Drill Instructor except he was the Sr Hat (the black leather belt), but played the role of the heavy. The Sr being the heavy thrlows the balance of the psychology out of whack. A recruit's next step for recourse is to go through the company; which, means going outside the platoon and you're a rat.

Black Diamond
11-22-2017, 04:58 PM
Are the stereotypes fair ? Do you marines spend all your free time playing video games ?

Gunny
11-22-2017, 06:47 PM
Are the stereotypes fair ? Do you marines spend all your free time playing video games ?:laugh:

I played like 3-4 video games back in the early 80s before I had kids. Since then I think all I managed to do was get hooked on tetris, solitaire and ma-jong when on flats when I finally got enough rank to have computer access. I don't play them still.

You will have to be specific on stereotypes. There are a lot, we beind so well-mannered and all :)

LongTermGuy
11-23-2017, 10:07 PM

The insider speaks....:laugh:^^

Gunny be OK...he means well.... Took me awhile to get it....:coffee:

http://www.rockytopinsider.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/bielemaaa.gif
:laugh:

Gunny
11-23-2017, 10:28 PM
Ever watched a Russian TV show? No wonder them commies always get shot. They don't speak English. i don't know what "I surrender" is in Russian :whistling2:

Black Diamond
08-24-2018, 09:10 PM
How much did you make your recruits run? Five miles per day every day? And was that at your discretion or the marine corps ?

Gunny
08-24-2018, 09:37 PM
How much did you make your recruits run? Five miles per day every day? And was that at your discretion or the marine corps ?Recruits? T-1 through T-73 at MCRD is scheduled down to each period of instruction, each day, to include PT. PT was usually run in series (2 platoons) or companies (4 platoons). Actual running for time and distance was done then.

"Thrashing privates" was usually done during transit time. I was never a big fan of pushups/mountain climbers/bends-n-thrusts for no reason.

So I was watching Crossfit 2018 and they were talking how they had five days of Hell to endure. I was wondering why only 5? Drill Instructor school was 9 weeks. Boot camp is 13 weeks. Guess they walk on their hands better.

Gunny
08-24-2018, 09:41 PM
Oh yeah. The distance was 3-5 miles. Usually 3. That is minimum requirement for Marines. 3 miles in 27 minutes or less.

NightTrain
08-25-2018, 02:00 AM

Discuss.

He's just a big, cuddly teddy bear.

Oh, sure, he might act fierce... like a fuzzy little kitten attacking a ball of yarn.

http://www.debatepolicy.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=11648&stc=1