PDA

View Full Version : kids home from college

Trigg
12-28-2016, 03:20 PM
My adorable, smart, hardworking children are ALL home for their college brakes.

While I LOVE having them home (for the first few days anyway :) ) they are starting to drive me a little batty.

My oldest actually finished his classes in December and has been busily sending out applications--------and little else. His room looks like a tornado hit it and I've decided that closing the door whenever possible is my best course of action. It is saving me the trouble of completely loosing my cool.

My 19 year old usually lives with my mom because it is a closer commute to his college, I vacuumed up there today and it sounded like I was vacuuming up rocks or something.

They all had things to do today wheeeeeeeeeeee (the 19yr old took the 14yr old with him) and the house is blissfully quiet.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HEAVEN

Gunny
12-28-2016, 03:22 PM
My adorable, smart, hardworking children are ALL home for their college brakes.

While I LOVE having them home (for the first few days anyway :) ) they are starting to drive me a little batty.

My oldest actually finished his classes in December and has been busily sending out applications--------and little else. His room looks like a tornado hit it and I've decided that closing the door whenever possible is my best course of action. It is saving me the trouble of completely loosing my cool.

My 19 year old usually lives with my mom because it is a closer commute to his college, I vacuumed up there today and it sounded like I was vacuuming up rocks or something.

They all had things to do today wheeeeeeeeeeee (the 19yr old took the 14yr old with him) and the house is blissfully quiet.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HEAVEN

I hear ya. PUH-LEASE go back to school.:laugh:

Elessar
12-28-2016, 03:29 PM
Just had my son home from University and he brought his girlfriend along.

She's a delightful girl. I was happy to meet her. She fell in love my my
simpleton cat.

They had to leave today because he starts classes again next week.

Kathianne
12-28-2016, 03:32 PM
Miss having the kids at home, but then again, wouldn't have done ok if they didn't leave after school. Sort of a bittersweet victory that one! LOL!

Elessar
12-28-2016, 03:36 PM
Miss having the kids at home, but then again, wouldn't have done ok if they didn't leave after school. Sort of a bittersweet victory that one! LOL!

It has been tough for me, seeings how I raised him alone for half of his life.

Always my focus...and he is off to make his mark now. Going for his
Doctorate in Physical Therapy.

Gunny
12-28-2016, 03:38 PM

I have little rugrats (4 & 8). There's a reason grandparents aren't parents. I need my nap. :laugh:

Elessar
12-28-2016, 03:41 PM
I have little rugrats (4 & 8). There's a reason grandparents aren't parents. I need my nap. :laugh:

You old softie Jarhead. You adore those little ones!

Gunny
12-28-2016, 03:49 PM
You old softie Jarhead. You adore those little ones!

They don't follow orders. When it's nap time, you lay your little tail down in an orderly manner and when I give the command sleep, close your eyes and sleep. Nothing in that command says bounce on grandpa.

Elessar
12-28-2016, 03:53 PM
They don't follow orders. When it's nap time, you lay your little tail down in an orderly manner and when I give the command sleep, close your eyes and sleep. Nothing in that command says bounce on grandpa.

Awww, shit. They are not squaddies...just go with the flow. Even you can do that!:laugh:

Bilgerat
12-28-2016, 04:21 PM
Both My Lady & I are "empty nesters". Her two are like mine, grown & gone.

So we just have the two fur girls and the pony (who shall be referred to as "Hairy Houdini" for her ability to get out of the back pasture)

But I hear Gunny, when we are up in Maine and have the older Grandkids, they can wear me out!

Gunny
12-28-2016, 04:22 PM
Awww, shit. They are not squaddies...just go with the flow. Even you can do that!:laugh:

I can hang them by their ankles from the celing fan. I may be getting a little more well, but them kids hurt. :laugh:

Abbey Marie
12-28-2016, 08:34 PM

My cousins' son lived with us during one of his clinicals for the same program. It's harder that I would have guessed.

Kathianne
12-28-2016, 08:45 PM

So you did good! Very good! ;) Reminds me of the eagles I'm watching, got to take very good care before and after birth. Then it's making sure they don't break their necks. Then teaching them to fly, then letting them soar. All good, but as you say, bittersweet with more than a few tears.

Gunny
12-28-2016, 09:02 PM
Geez. Kathianne's getting sappy. Not sure I can take this. Would someone give her a ride home?:laugh:

Kathianne
12-28-2016, 09:04 PM
Geez. Kathianne's getting sappy. Not sure I can take this. Would someone give her a ride home?:laugh:

Seriously, I am pretty sappy in RL. You already know I can be ever so sensitive, especially about my insensitivity. LOL!

Gunny
12-28-2016, 09:16 PM
Seriously, I am pretty sappy in RL. You already know I can be every so sensitive, especially about my insensitivity. LOL!

Ms Sensitivity. I'll have to remember that. I know you're sappy about your kids though and what it's like to not be home.

Trigg
12-29-2016, 10:20 AM
Both My Lady & I are "empty nesters". Her two are like mine, grown & gone.

So we just have the two fur girls and the pony (who shall be referred to as "Hairy Houdini" for her ability to get out of the back pasture)

But I hear Gunny, when we are up in Maine and have the older Grandkids, they can wear me out!

I have quite a while before I get to that point. My youngest is only a freshman in HS and I have one who's a freshman in college. I know I'm going to be lonely when they do all finally move out. My daughter graduates wtih her Bio/chem degree this May and is planning to save for a few months and move out permanently in Aug. While my oldest should be out in the next month or so depending on the job interviews, he just graduated with a degree in Mechanical Engineering.

I hope they live close enough to visit, but with all of them home for the first time in MONTHS it takes some getting used to.

CSM
12-29-2016, 10:27 AM
All our of my sons were home for the holiday this year. One coming off deployment and one heading out...two waiting. Interesting conversations between the old CSM, the CW3, the 2d LT, the soon to be CSM and one swabbie... nobody else had a clue what we were talking about!