PDA

View Full Version : Now North Korea? Russia, Syria, Iran, Palestinians, UN...

Kathianne
12-28-2016, 03:40 PM
The challenges of any new administration.

http://www.voanews.com/a/defector-north-korea-has-big-nuclear-plans/3653735.html

Defector: North Korea has Big Nuclear Plans December 28, 2016 1:35 AM
Next year will be the most opportune time for North Korea to bolster its nuclear program because of upcoming leadership changes in the United States and South Korea, according to a senior North Korean official who defected recently to the South.

"With South Korea holding presidential elections and the U.S. undergoing an administration transition, the North sees 2017 as the prime time for nuclear development," said Thae Yong-ho, who was North Korea's second highest ranking diplomat in London.

Thae defected to South Korea in August, becoming the most senior North Korean official to defect in almost 20 years.

At a news conference Tuesday with South Korean reporters, Thae made clear he was not aware of the status of North Korea's nuclear program but expressed confidence that China would not severely discipline North Korea for its nuclear program because the North's disintegration could produce a combined U.S.-friendly Korea.

Thae said North Korean leader Kim Jung Un has no plans to relinquish his country's nuclear weapons even if he is offered large sums of money. The exiled diplomat said Kim is expediting the country's nuclear development program with the intent of possessing nuclear weapons by the end of next year.

Gunny
12-28-2016, 03:45 PM

http://www.voanews.com/a/defector-north-korea-has-big-nuclear-plans/3653735.html

While a followup is definitely warranted, it's sounds like the usual from N Korea every new administration. You think Bully works for them?:laugh:

They are poor. They hat us but want our stuff. You have to give us some or we will nuke our own peninsula. That country would cease to exist if we opened up on them.

Elessar
12-28-2016, 03:49 PM

I am sure Obama will find some way to placate the fat little dictator's ass,
thus perpetuating his failed 'legacy'.

He pulls the trigger and that whole place would be glass in 30 minutes.

Gunny
12-28-2016, 03:51 PM

You have to give them credit for persistence. They have been the most failed country in the world for how long?:laugh:

Kathianne
12-28-2016, 03:53 PM

They already pulled off two nuclear tests this year. Pretty sure this is regarding after 1/20.

Elessar
12-28-2016, 03:55 PM
They already pulled off two nuclear tests this year. Pretty sure this is regarding after 1/20.

I figure strongly that stay-puff marshmallow boy is going to get faced down after 1/20.

Elessar
12-28-2016, 03:57 PM
You have to give them credit for persistence. They have been the most failed country in the world for how long?:laugh:

Geesh....70+ years?

Only the Chinese and Soviet Union were able to save them 1950-1954.

Gunny
12-28-2016, 03:57 PM

And Obama has done nothing. They blackmailed Clinton as well and I remember THAT well. This is what happens when good men do nothing. Evil flourishes. (Edmund Burke). Problem is, when you play with stakes this high, there are no do-overs. The best defense is a good offense. We should have stopped this long ago.

Kathianne
12-28-2016, 04:42 PM
And Obama has done nothing. They blackmailed Clinton as well and I remember THAT well. This is what happens when good men do nothing. Evil flourishes. (Edmund Burke). Problem is, when you play with stakes this high, there are no do-overs. The best defense is a good offense. We should have stopped this long ago.

But didn't. Thus it's a challenge Trump is likely to face early on, along with the others I listed and more likely than not, others.

Gunny
12-28-2016, 05:54 PM
But didn't. Thus it's a challenge Trump is likely to face early on, along with the others I listed and more likely than not, others.

Well, Kath, here come the boo birds.:laugh: Trump isn't going to do crap. There's a lot more involved than running your mouth on tv. You have to be willing to pull the trigger. More importantly, you have to know what you're aiming at when you do.

I hope his generals are good as people think and he is willing to listen to them. His forte is NOT international military relations. It's construction worker.