PDA

View Full Version : Mariah!

Abbey Marie
01-01-2017, 11:06 AM
Did anyone see that debacle last night? Mariah was the headliner, and she literally stood there not singing an entire song, while her dancers kept dancing. I'll add a YouTube video when I'm on my PC.

Black Diamond
01-01-2017, 11:14 AM
Did anyone see that debacle last night? Mariah was the headliner, and she literally stood there not singing an entire song, while her dancers kept dancing. I'll add a YouTube video when I'm on my PC.

Only music I saw was Lionel Richie.

jimnyc
01-01-2017, 11:22 AM

You can see it in the first 10 seconds of this one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ZJCjnmuWnc

Abbey Marie
01-01-2017, 11:33 AM
Thanks, Jim. Her first song is the one where she doesn't sing at all

jimnyc
01-01-2017, 11:47 AM
Thanks, Jim. Her first song is the one where she doesn't sing at all

Just saw this now too. She blames issues. Fact is, the lyrics were playing in the background, she was busted.

Mariah Carey Bungles Her New Year's Eve Show, Stops Singing

NEW YORK (AP) — Mariah Carey has ushered in 2017 with a botched performance on "Dick Clark's New Year's Rockin' Eve with Ryan Seacrest" on ABC.

The singer appeared to have technical difficulties during her live performance Saturday night in Times Square. She even stopped singing her song "Emotions," paced the stage and told the audience to finish the lyrics for her.

She told the crowd, "I'm trying to be a good sport here."

Carey headlined the festivities in Times Square, where about a million revelers jammed in to greet the new year.

A representative for the singer confirmed there were technical difficulties.

Carey took to Instagram after the performance saying, "Here's to making more headlines in 2017."

https://www.yahoo.com/music/mariah-carey-bungles-her-times-square-show-stops-061356088.html

Russ
01-01-2017, 12:04 PM
Ha, she's such an idiot. She doesn't even know the words for her own song, and then she couldn't even lip synch the follow-up song. Watching the "performance", I was trying to decide if she was high or just an idiot, and I ended up firmly convinced toward the "just an idiot" opinion.

Abbey Marie
01-01-2017, 04:01 PM
Russ and I were at a NYE party, with the ABC festivities on in the background while we all played games. When this nonsense started, the whole room stopped playing and watched her like the train wreck she was. It was truly a debacle.

Kathianne
01-01-2017, 04:08 PM
Russ and I were at a NYE party, with the ABC festivities on in the background while we all played games. When this nonsense started, the whole room stopped playing and watched her like the train wreck she was. It was truly a debacle.

The party sounds like fun. I love board games or even card games. I fell asleep, knowing I had to get up to work this morning. 2017 came anyways! ;)

Abbey Marie
01-01-2017, 04:13 PM
The party sounds like fun. I love board games or even card games. I fell asleep, knowing I had to get up to work this morning. 2017 came anyways! ;)

It was! Best part- we were invited by our daughter's friend and her fiancé. Nice mix of young and "older". I hardly drank and didn't get too wound up, but had lots of fun anyway.

Bilgerat
01-01-2017, 07:38 PM
https://scontent-mia1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/15823233_1270700016309736_1730301477755520059_n.jp g?oh=37489e209d46e6fe5bf9b322c33d8c70&oe=592376FD

Kathianne
01-01-2017, 08:00 PM
It was! Best part- we were invited by our daughter's friend and her fiancé. Nice mix of young and "older". I hardly drank and didn't get too wound up, but had lots of fun anyway.

What games did you play? My kids and their friends had some fun ones. One was something with railroad building, another that could get sort of risque/raunchy depending on those playing. Lots of others, it's kinda cool that they still like the 'old types' of games.

Gunny
01-01-2017, 08:27 PM
Only music I saw was Lionel Richie.

Evanescence. Mariah who?

Oh yeah. That song from Paint Your Wagon. They call the wind Mariah.

Abbey Marie
01-01-2017, 09:52 PM
What games did you play? My kids and their friends had some fun ones. One was something with railroad building, another that could get sort of risque/raunchy depending on those playing. Lots of others, it's kinda cool that they still like the 'old types' of games.

Pictionary and Taboo. On an easel, and I can't draw at all. :laugh2:

NightTrain
01-02-2017, 11:24 AM
Never been a fan.

And I don't get the whole Lip Synch thing - people paid to hear you sing live, and you cheat by pretending to sing? If I wanted to hear the studio recording, a CD or YouTube is available for that.

Singers that lip synch should be caught in front of everyone, imo.

Gunny
01-02-2017, 11:34 AM
Never been a fan.

And I don't get the whole Lip Synch thing - people paid to hear you sing live, and you cheat by pretending to sing? If I wanted to hear the studio recording, a CD or YouTube is available for that.

Singers that lip synch should be caught in front of everyone, imo.

Not a fan either. But she has/had talent as a singer. No excuse for lip syncing.

They get busted all the time though. Watch World's Dumbest sometime. Foreign singers are the worst. They have no plan on recovering from jacking up.:laugh:

Black Diamond
01-02-2017, 11:40 AM
Bring in milli vanilli next time.

Abbey Marie
01-02-2017, 11:42 AM
The way-off lip synching wasn't the worst part. Here's part of the first song, where she didn't even try to sing. There are even worse parts, but you get the idea.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/-puaW9QM7ww" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>

Gunny
01-02-2017, 11:46 AM
The way-of lip synching wasn't the worst part. Here's the first song, where she didn't even try to sing.

<iframe src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/-puaW9QM7ww" allowfullscreen="" width="560" height="315" frameborder="0"></iframe>

Hate to be the fake boobs party crasher here but total turn off. I don't care who or what you are, but if you got fake ones, channel change time. I don't have to get past that to whatever else she screwed up.

NightTrain
01-02-2017, 12:01 PM
Hate to be the fake boobs party crasher here but total turn off. I don't care who or what you are, but if you got fake ones, channel change time. I don't have to get past that to whatever else she screwed up.

Whatsamatta with you? :slap:

Boobs make the world go 'round. And the bigger, the better.

Gunny
01-02-2017, 12:08 PM
Whatsamatta with you? :slap:

Boobs make the world go 'round. And the bigger, the better.

Nah. Want the person, not the bra size. And fake boobs feel like just what they are -- plastic. And no, it wasn't my idea. I was fine. Little Miss "Ithink I need bigger ones" came up with the plan.

I like real people. Hard to come by nowadays.

DLT
01-02-2017, 01:21 PM
Ha, she's such an idiot. She doesn't even know the words for her own song, and then she couldn't even lip synch the follow-up song. Watching the "performance", I was trying to decide if she was high or just an idiot, and I ended up firmly convinced toward the "just an idiot" opinion.

Either way.... she was having to 'get help' going up and down the steps as one of the "dancers" served as her personal crutch. It could have been that she was high AND stupid. Dunno....but it looked pretty lame.

NightTrain
01-02-2017, 02:35 PM
Nah. Want the person, not the bra size. And fake boobs feel like just what they are -- plastic. And no, it wasn't my idea. I was fine. Little Miss "Ithink I need bigger ones" came up with the plan.

I like real people. Hard to come by nowadays.

You'd better get a 2nd opinion. They're pretty realistic these days.