PDA

View Full Version : Super Bowl picks anyone?

gabosaurus
01-03-2017, 09:16 PM
My favorite Steelers mega-fan is forecasting a Steelers vs. Cowboys game and planning her trip to Houston. Which wouldn't be difficult since her parents still live in the Dallas area. And I don't doubt her ability to find a ticket since she somehow ended at the 2011 game in Dallas.

I would even be down for a Pittsburgh-Dallas game. The old veteran vs. the brash newcomer for all the marbles. I'm sure Jim wouldn't mind, either.

Gunny
01-03-2017, 09:38 PM
My favorite Steelers mega-fan is forecasting a Steelers vs. Cowboys game and planning her trip to Houston. Which wouldn't be difficult since her parents still live in the Dallas area. And I don't doubt her ability to find a ticket since she somehow ended at the 2011 game in Dallas.

I would even be down for a Pittsburgh-Dallas game. The old veteran vs. the brash newcomer for all the marbles. I'm sure Jim wouldn't mind, either.

The Steelers won't beat the Cowboys. If they make it, New England will. The Cowboys are straight up, in your face run over your ass. If Bilicheck can overcome that, NE will win. Dallas is too predictable and so is Jones. He can snatch defeat from the jaws of victory in a second.

Elessar
01-03-2017, 10:42 PM
I do not like them, but I see the Cowboys.

Gunny
01-04-2017, 01:37 AM
I do not like them, but I see the Cowboys.

I'm not talking "like" bubba. I'm from South Texas. I wish I had sticker that said "Dallas Cowboys" Disappointing since 66". :laugh: I am actually a Steelers fan and always have been. But, I'm a Cowboys fan too. Love/hate relationship.

I Hate New England, I'm also a Dolphins fan. Only place I lived where I just disliked every team was SoCal, I just didn't bother watching. And DC. Home of the Deadskins (and I know you're a Deadskin fan -- all in fun). I hated the Plowboys because of my brother who can't STFU about them and took grear delight in the Steelers beating their butts and rubbing it in his face. THEN I got stationed in DC around diehard Deadskin fans.

Solved THAT problem real quick.

jimnyc
01-04-2017, 11:46 AM
In a perfect world I would LOVE the bowl to be Steelers vs. Cowboys. But with reality in mind, I see it more likely as NE vs. Dallas.

Wild card possibilities to beat either of those teams - Pittsburgh and KC in the AFC - and then Green Bay and Atlanta in the NFC. But I wouldn't bet on them.

Gunny
01-04-2017, 11:49 AM
In a perfect world I would LOVE the bowl to be Steelers vs. Cowboys. But with reality in mind, I see it more likely as NE vs. Dallas.

Wild card possibilities to beat either of those teams - Pittsburgh and KC in the AFC - and then Green Bay and Atlanta in the NFC. But I wouldn't bet on them.

You're forgetting the wild card. Jones is going to screw this up. Watch.

fj1200
01-04-2017, 01:06 PM
The Lions in 3.

jimnyc
01-04-2017, 03:12 PM
The Lions in 3.

I wouldn't discount the possibility!! Going into the playoffs as a wild card, with a 9-7 record, and having to win 3 games on the road. The Steelers and the Giants both did that in the past 15 years!!

Black Diamond
01-04-2017, 03:15 PM
The Lions in 3.

Are you talking about the Detroit Lions?

Lol

Bilgerat
01-04-2017, 06:02 PM
https://scontent-atl3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/15871797_370028930031192_6534640918523707049_n.jpg ?oh=68509996d83fa95a0f83fb0877522e4b&oe=591B392A

fj1200
01-05-2017, 11:08 AM
Are you talking about the Detroit Lions?

Lol

Of course, I always pick the Lions.

SassyLady
01-06-2017, 10:58 PM
Cowboys v Steelers

Gunny
01-07-2017, 12:15 AM
Cowboys v Steelers

N-O-O-O .... I'm confused enough. I hate that matchup, I don't know who to root for and feel like a traitor if I pick a side. I'd like to see the Cowboys just stomp the sh*t out of NE. I'd actually like to mix some Cowboys and Steelers and watch them stomp NE. This is like last election to me ... making sure the pussies don't win.

pete311
01-07-2017, 10:41 AM
Packers for the win. Discount double check Godgers will take them there.

Gunny
01-07-2017, 09:32 PM
Of course, I always pick the Lions.

I don't know dude. I think the Lions need some lube the way the ref's are screwing them.

fj1200
01-07-2017, 09:58 PM
I don't know dude. I think the Lions need some lube the way the ref's are screwing them.

I got a system.

Gunny
01-07-2017, 10:36 PM
How to get screwed by NFL bullsh*t calls ... be a Lions fan. This is one hell of a hoser game.

Black Diamond
01-07-2017, 10:42 PM
How to get screwed by NFL bullsh*t calls ... be a Lions fan. This is one hell of a hoser game.

I hate the lions but they get hosed more than anyone.

Gunny
01-07-2017, 10:48 PM
I hate the lions but they get hosed more than anyone.

I don't like the Lions. Just watching the game. I DO hate NFL officials. If you could screw a team over more, call them the Cowboys. The Lions have gotten some one-sided BS from Hell. They aren't getting out played. They are getting out-refereed.

Gunny
01-07-2017, 11:09 PM
I don't like the Lions. Just watching the game. I DO hate NFL officials. If you could screw a team over more, call them the Cowboys. The Lions have gotten some one-sided BS from Hell. They aren't getting out played. They are getting out-refereed.

And Al Michaels and Chris Collinsworth need a round each. Talk about NFL coroprate kiss asses. You can only suck so much d*ck. I guess. Hell, I don't know. But them two need to get off it. Geez

Russ
01-08-2017, 12:05 PM
Right now it unfortunately looks like it might be Dallas vs. New England, which kind of reminds me of the Iran-Iraq war - I'm rooting strongly against both sides.

Abbey Marie
01-08-2017, 12:07 PM
The Lions in 3.

Oops.

Gunny
01-08-2017, 01:55 PM
Right now it unfortunately looks like it might be Dallas vs. New England, which kind of reminds me of the Iran-Iraq war - I'm rooting strongly against both sides.

I've never understood why some people hate the Cowboys. Success? They've disappointed as many times as they've won. Nice outfits? Can't be that. Not if you remember those tacky as Hell old Silver ones.

I win whether they win or lose. Another slap in Jerry Jones' face won't bother me a bit. He could screw up boiling water. Look at their last game? If I shell out to see the Plowboys and Beagles play, you don't go pulling the starters in the 1st quarter. Been to a couple of Spurs games like that. Dude, I paid for this sh*t and watching Johnny Rotencrotch come in from the last row on the bench is NOT what I shelled out for.

Back on track .. I rarely watch pro football for the reasons I previously stated ... the officials and the NFL hypocrites in general. They totally just put the screws to the Lions.

Black Diamond
01-08-2017, 02:18 PM
I've never understood why some people hate the Cowboys. Success? They've disappointed as many times as they've won. Nice outfits? Can't be that. Not if you remember those tacky as Hell old Silver ones.

I win whether they win or lose. Another slap in Jerry Jones' face won't bother me a bit. He could screw up boiling water. Look at their last game? If I shell out to see the Plowboys and Beagles play, you don't go pulling the starters in the 1st quarter. Been to a couple of Spurs games like that. Dude, I paid for this sh*t and watching Johnny Rotencrotch come in from the last row on the bench is NOT what I shelled out for.

Back on track .. I rarely watch pro football for the reasons I previously stated ... the officials and the NFL hypocrites in general. They totally just put the screws to the Lions.

That's Jerry.

Gunny
01-08-2017, 03:00 PM
That's Jerry.
Oh he'll screw this up. Just a matter of how. Odds are REAL good it will involve Tony Homo aka Dandy White Jr, Get to the big game nd blow it out my ass.

Otherwise, somebody's going to have to out-think Billicheck. The team is not set out that way. One dimensional. If they can't just run over your ass, they don't have a backup plan.

fj1200
01-08-2017, 03:15 PM
Oops.

I didn't say it was a good system. But from what I hear the refs won the game.

Gunny
01-08-2017, 05:40 PM

That game was f*cked up. If you were a Lion, just look for the flag. I remember back in the day, Jerry Seimens who was promoted to head of NFL referees (go figure) would just screw the Cowboys. That's when I quit watching football.

I HATE unfairness in a game.

Black Diamond
01-08-2017, 05:50 PM

The refs helped. But so did the lions receivers and the lions run defense (or lack thereof).

Gunny
01-08-2017, 09:07 PM
The refs helped. But so did the lions receivers and the lions run defense (or lack thereof).

True dat. Their inability to catch a football was quite obvious. While I consider that inexcusable the ref's tossed out their best receiver on a BS call.