PDA

View Full Version : Guess who is paying for the wall

pete311
01-05-2017, 10:24 PM
"I will make Mexico play for that wall. Mark my words."

What a joke.
http://www.cnn.com/2017/01/05/politics/border-wall-house-republicans-donald-trump-taxpayers/index.html

Elessar
01-06-2017, 01:22 AM
Read it and you will see it is not over yet.

Obama did not secure our borders at all, but allowed sanctuary cities and the sanctuary
state of California to exist in defiance of our laws. Even Bill Clinton was tougher and so
was GWB.

Time to wake up!

jimnyc
01-06-2017, 11:39 AM

What a joke.
http://www.cnn.com/2017/01/05/politics/border-wall-house-republicans-donald-trump-taxpayers/index.html

So he's looking for the quick money to build it, and then will have Mexico "refund" that money over time. Did you think he was going to force Mexico to overnight a check on the 20th? His goal all along was to make the money slowly via products being shipped into America and what not. Did you think that would also be overnight? And we want the wall/protection ASAP. So this route makes the most sense.

The joke is on you.

Noir
01-06-2017, 12:32 PM
So he's looking for the quick money to build it, and then will have Mexico "refund" that money over time. Did you think he was going to force Mexico to overnight a check on the 20th? His goal all along was to make the money slowly via products being shipped into America and what not. Did you think that would also be overnight? And we want the wall/protection ASAP. So this route makes the most sense.

The joke is on you.

the plan is to raise money via imports?

jimnyc
01-06-2017, 12:50 PM

That will be a portion, yes.

pete311
01-06-2017, 01:06 PM
lol so naive. You are so deep in Trumps pants.

Noir
01-06-2017, 01:07 PM
That will be a portion, yes.

:laugh:
Well that's vague enough for victory to be claimed no matter the outcome, great stuff.

Bilgerat
01-06-2017, 01:09 PM
I have a thought

Just who is paying for the LACK of a wall

The US Taxpayer, that's who!

So let's go ahead and build the wall, then tax the imports AND the money that the immigrants are sending back to Mexico.

:salute: I'm Bilgerat, and I approve this message! :salute:

pete311
01-06-2017, 01:13 PM
then tax the imports AND the money that the immigrants are sending back to Mexico.

This is very difficult and will be costly

NightTrain
01-06-2017, 01:17 PM

It will be cheaper in the long run to have the wall, by a long shot.

Just monies wired out of the USA to Mexico are $25 Billion annually. That's money that's lost to the country completely, and only benefits Mexico & Mexicans. That's not counting money to any other country.

Put a 30% tax on that money to those that can't prove citizenship, and BOOM! There's your wall.

Pretty easy, yes?

pete311
01-06-2017, 01:19 PM
We all know in a couple years the wall will be built with tax payer money and Trump will move on. It will be brought up and you'll just suck his dick saying at least the wall is up, that's all you cared about. You guys are so phony. Trump can break promises, raise taxes, increase national debt and all you care about is a damn wall. Narrow and simple minded while the world laughs and watches us fall behind worrying about a wall. In a global world, you build bridges, not walls.

Bilgerat
01-06-2017, 01:19 PM

So we do, nothing?

Or do we shut off the "supply" then mop up?

:saluting2: BUILD THE WALL! :saluting2:

NightTrain
01-06-2017, 01:25 PM
We all know in a couple years the wall will be built with tax payer money and Trump will move on. It will be brought up and you'll just suck his dick saying at least the wall is up, that's all you cared about. You guys are so phony. Trump can break promises, raise taxes, increase national debt and all you care about is a damn wall. Narrow and simple minded while the world laughs and watches us fall behind worrying about a wall. In a global world, you build bridges, not walls.

I want a wall, and I am completely comfy with it being 100% taxpayer funded.

Making the illegals and Mexico pay for it is just icing on the cake, but I don't care who pays for it either way.

I love how you run around shrieking that Trump is wrong, and he's lying, but the fact is that he's been 100% truthful and accurate so far.

So, Petey, nurse that butthurt a little longer, little fella.

He isn't even President yet, and here you are, snarling and snapping at his ankles like a good Soros Muppet.

pete311
01-06-2017, 01:29 PM

Just monies wired out of the USA to Mexico are $25 Billion annually. That's money that's lost to the country completely, and only benefits Mexico & Mexicans. That's not counting money to any other country.

Put a 30% tax on that money to those that can't prove citizenship, and BOOM! There's your wall.

Pretty easy, yes?

Most of the money sent is by illegals. I thought you wanted them out? Now you want them to stay and pay for the wall?

pete311
01-06-2017, 01:30 PM
I want a wall, and I am completely comfy with it being 100% taxpayer funded.

Making the illegals and Mexico pay for it is just icing on the cake, but I don't care who pays for it either way.

I love how you run around shrieking that Trump is wrong, and he's lying, but the fact is that he's been 100% truthful and accurate so far.

So, Petey, nurse that butthurt a little longer, little fella.

He isn't even President yet, and here you are, snarling and snapping at his ankles like a good Soros Muppet.

The hell do you know living up in bum fuck alaska?

Noir
01-06-2017, 01:30 PM

Pretty easy, yes?

You are aware of the existence of the Internet?

pete311
01-06-2017, 01:31 PM

Now is the time to invest in bitcoin

NightTrain
01-06-2017, 01:35 PM
The hell do you know living up in bum fuck alaska?

Evidently, a great deal more than you do.

How are our respective track records comparing? You're on the wrong side of every issue that's about to be corrected.

How's that feel, Petey? Are those creaky wheels starting to produce a picture for you?

Don't fret. Soon Soros will have some more talking points for you to mindlessly parrot so he can profit. But you'll lose again, like you always do. Sheep.

NightTrain
01-06-2017, 01:38 PM

Illegals dabbling in bitcoin? Really?

Well, here's your chance, Noir. You can start holding classes for illegals in the intricacies of underworld digital currency. It's a sure thing and you'll make millions!

NightTrain
01-06-2017, 01:40 PM
Most of the money sent is by illegals. I thought you wanted them out? Now you want them to stay and pay for the wall?

Oh, rest assured, Petey : They'll get booted out.

It'll take a while to round all of them up and deport their asses, but in the meantime they can fund the very Wall that will keep them out for good.

Win / Win, yes?

Black Diamond
01-06-2017, 01:48 PM
How about we kick the illegals out and make them build the wall from the southern side. :)

jimnyc
01-06-2017, 01:54 PM

Why? Because I believe he will in fact find ways to gain more money from Mexico? How does that make me "in his pants"?

:laugh:
Well that's vague enough for victory to be claimed no matter the outcome, great stuff.

Did I not answer your question? I honestly didn't realize you wanted anything more in depth. I thought you were serious in asking if that was part of his plan.

But if you want to be a dick - head off to google and learn for yourself of his plan. He's detailed it quite a few times. This way you don't have to look like you're asking someone a genuine question, and then turn into a little prick when they answer your question.

Pretty easy, yes?

Also part of his stated plan...

Really Pete? Beneath you. But liberals of all kinds, and their tolerance levels, have severely changed since November.

And a TON from legals sending money "home". A double whammy.

As you are?

Black Diamond
01-06-2017, 01:55 PM

Yes. Invented by Al Gore.

jimnyc
01-06-2017, 01:57 PM

Odd. I guess the latter doesn't allow for you to turn into a little America hating, religion hating douchebag though. :dunno:

Noir
01-06-2017, 01:59 PM
Illegals dabbling in bitcoin? Really?

Well, here's your chance, Noir. You can start holding classes for illegals in the intricacies of underworld digital currency. It's a sure thing and you'll make millions!

Not just bitcoin, peer to peer currency exchange is an easily accessible technology, and once you're slapping 20% and 30% tax rates on things further innovation and ease of use is guaranteed. And that's without going into any failings in the system itself.

NightTrain
01-06-2017, 02:02 PM
How about we kick the illegals out and make them build the wall from the southern side. :)

Well, I'd much rather that good old fashioned American labor do the job. We want it built to last, right?

In other news, Sheriffs as far away as Boston are pledging their local convicts to build the wall. Now that's good thinking - the convicts can learn a trade, the wall gets built, and illegals get to pay for it.

https://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2017/01/04/bristol-sheriff-offers-trump-inmates-help-build-wall/IcRa1ELU9IotLlyjXFxvwK/story.html

That's right, Petey! We've just gone trifecta!

Win / Win / Win.

Say it with me, Petey : Thank you, President Trump!

NightTrain
01-06-2017, 02:08 PM
Not just bitcoin, peer to peer currency exchange is an easily accessible technology, and once you're slapping 20% and 30% tax rates on things further innovation and ease of use is guaranteed. And that's without going into any failings in the system itself.

I think, somehow, you've vastly overestimated the sophistication of the group of people we're talking about here.

And even if that were possible, do you think that the U.S. Government is clueless with regard to digital money transfers? The IRS is extremely talented at ferreting out such schemes and they have thousands of people working that illegal interweb honey hole every single day.

You're working on the assumption that this internet money laundering / transferring thing is brand new. The mob, drug dealers and tax cheats have been doing it for years and they are very good - and they get caught. Google it.

Somehow I think that Pablo from Chihuahua isn't going to be very successful at it.

NightTrain
01-06-2017, 02:11 PM
Yes. Invented by Al Gore.

That sure was nice of AlGore. Very humanitarian of him.

We should put him in for a Nobel Prize.

Bilgerat
01-06-2017, 02:13 PM
I think, somehow, you've vastly overestimated the sophistication of the group of people we're talking about here.

And even if that were possible, do you think that the U.S. Government is clueless with regard to digital money transfers? The IRS is extremely talented at ferreting out such schemes and they have thousands of people working that illegal interweb honey hole every single day.

You're working on the assumption that this internet money laundering / transferring thing is brand new. The mob, drug dealers and tax cheats have been doing it for years and they are very good - and they get caught. Google it.

Somehow I think that Pablo from Chihuahua isn't going to be very successful at it.

Not to mention the "abilities" of the folks in the barrios to hook into the internet.

I'm thinking that ISP's are few and far between (lol)

NightTrain
01-06-2017, 02:20 PM
Not to mention the "abilities" of the folks in the barrios to hook into the internet.

I'm thinking that ISP's are few and far between (lol)

Well, they can always do their illegal money transfers in one of those super-secure internet cafes downtown.

jimnyc
01-06-2017, 02:20 PM

Yup, and of that's how the illegals plan on taking advantage with the money they gain... this is something I wouldn't mind seeing regulation on then. If the companies won't play ball, then they don't play in America. There are always back doors and ways to avoid things, but the average illegal won't have that knowledge anyway. The majority will look to be sending cash or checks, then money orders, and then maybe online avenues, and THEN maybe the encrypted ways. Simply cover the bases. And if a few still manage to get money through, at least it will be hell for the majority.

pete311
01-06-2017, 02:24 PM

I think you underestimate them and you obviously don't understand how bitcoin and other block chain currencies work.

Little-Acorn
01-06-2017, 02:24 PM

TRANSLATION: I can't refute what you said, but I hate it anyway. So I'll smear and insult you, denigrate your intelligence, ignore what you posted, and hope that somebody somewhere believes me instead of you.

jimnyc
01-06-2017, 02:30 PM
I think you underestimate them and you obviously don't understand how bitcoin and other block chain currencies work.

I think you underestimate how they can force compliance if they want domains to work in the USA.

pete311
TRANSLATION: I can't refute what you said, but I hate it anyway. So I'll smear and insult you, denigrate your intelligence, ignore what you posted, and hope that somebody somewhere believes me instead of you.

That's what we do in this community right?

NightTrain
Yup, and of that's how the illegals plan on taking advantage with the money they gain... this is something I wouldn't mind seeing regulation on then. If the companies won't play ball, then they don't play in America. There are always back doors and ways to avoid things, but the average illegal won't have that knowledge anyway. The majority will look to be sending cash or checks, then money orders, and then maybe online avenues, and THEN maybe the encrypted ways. Simply cover the bases. And if a few still manage to get money through, at least it will be hell for the majority.

Yeah, the favored way to fly under the radar is with Western Union, the preferred way for the Nigerian scammers - and scammers everywhere, actually. When you have banks involved, there's a record and the danger of getting busted goes up exponentially.

I can see banks in Mexico, Guatemala & Honduras turning a blind eye to such activities as they are now - because ripping off Americans is just good clean fun - but when you have an actual functioning DOJ and Administration going to those countries with records and demanding enforcement of banking laws, those banks will get reigned in, hard.

So that leaves Western Union type companies, and they'll be brought to heel easily.

You're right, there will always be SOME way to sneak money out of the country, but that'll be a relative trickle compared to the torrent we've got going now.

Elessar
01-06-2017, 02:31 PM
I have a thought

Just who is paying for the LACK of a wall

The US Taxpayer, that's who!

So let's go ahead and build the wall, then tax the imports AND the money that the immigrants are sending back to Mexico.

:salute: I'm Bilgerat, and I approve this message! :salute:

You are completely accurate.

jimnyc
01-06-2017, 02:31 PM

Everyone here speaks to you like that?

pete311
01-06-2017, 02:32 PM
I think you underestimate how they can force compliance if they want domains to work in the USA.

What? Block chain currencies are outside the grasp of governments.

pete311
01-06-2017, 02:33 PM
Everyone here speaks to you like that?

At least half

NightTrain
01-06-2017, 02:34 PM

http://www.debatepolicy.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=9593&stc=1

Elessar
01-06-2017, 02:39 PM
At least half

You bring it on to yourself. Rarely do you have anything positive to say on an issue that liberals
soil their diapers over.

If you do not want our laws on immigration enforced, how many of them are you willing to house in your abode?
Convert your garage for them...maybe 15-20?

NightTrain
01-06-2017, 02:45 PM

Explain how Pablo picking almonds in California is going to be able to send money to El Guapo down in Chihuahua under the radar using underworld digital currency.

Educate me, you International Banking Man of Mystery.

pete311
01-06-2017, 03:51 PM
Explain how Pablo picking almonds in California is going to be able to send money to El Guapo down in Chihuahua under the radar using underworld digital currency.

Educate me, you International Banking Man of Mystery.

This is not rocket science. There are hundreds of services around the world that offer ways to buy bitcoins and hundreds of services around the world that allow you to transfer them. It's completely decentralized, secure and anonymous.

Abbey Marie
01-06-2017, 04:00 PM
Dems would bring in Hitler youth if they thought it would gain them votes.

Defund Planned No-Parenthood, and use that money as a starter for the wall. Then we can engrave tallies on the stones of every murdered child and body part sold. Of course, the numbers would quickly surpass the available stones.

pete311
01-06-2017, 04:06 PM
Dems would bring in Hitler youth if they thought it would gain them votes.

Defund Planned No-Parenthood, and use that money as a starter for the wall. Then we can engrave tallies on the stones of every murdered child and body part sold. Of course, the numbers would quickly surpass the available stones.

Abortions don't kill children

Abbey Marie
01-06-2017, 04:07 PM
Abortions don't kill children

:rolleyes: Sure they do.

Walls don't kill Mexicans

NightTrain
01-06-2017, 04:35 PM
This is not rocket science. There are hundreds of services around the world that offer ways to buy bitcoins and hundreds of services around the world that allow you to transfer them. It's completely decentralized, secure and anonymous.

Hey, I'm all for it!

This just in yesterday : Bitcoin value crashes by 20%.

Bitcoin made headlines earlier this week when the cryptocurrency value surpassed $1000, its highest valuation since 2013, but Bitcoin traders didn’t enjoy the sudden increase for too long as the price began to fall rapidly. By 8AM EST on Thursday a single coin was valued at $892.

http://www.breitbart.com/tech/2017/01/05/bitcoin-value-crashes-nearly-twenty-percent/

Pablo is going to have to really save up his pesos to buy an $892 bit coin, even if he somehow manages to navigate to a place to purchase one - without a credit card, of course, because they can be tracked. Maybe Pablo can send a check to the bitcoin vendor? No, that requires a bank. Maybe he can Western Union money to a bitcoin seller? That sounds legit.

Especially difficult when the employers illegally employing the illegals get hammered by a functioning DOJ.

Oh, and the welfare crap illegals get is going to be defunded, too.

pete311
01-06-2017, 04:38 PM
Hey, I'm all for it!

This just in yesterday : Bitcoin value crashes by 20%.

http://www.breitbart.com/tech/2017/01/05/bitcoin-value-crashes-nearly-twenty-percent/

Pablo is going to have to really save up his pesos to buy an $892 bit coin, even if he somehow manages to navigate to a place to purchase one - without a credit card, of course, because they can be tracked. Maybe Pablo can send a check to the bitcoin vendor? No, that requires a bank. Maybe he can Western Union money to a bitcoin seller? That sounds legit.

Especially difficult when the employers illegally employing the illegals get hammered by a functioning DOJ.

Oh, and the welfare crap illegals get is going to be defunded, too.

Yes bitcoins are still volatile , but have come a long way and are accepted as payment by many big chains. You don't have to buy an entire bit coin... There are literally hundreds of ways to buy a bit coin. One is even by exchanging gift cards or even depositing cash to a bank account and then the supplier send you the bitcoins. For fucks sake read up on this stuff.

NightTrain
01-06-2017, 05:03 PM
Yes bitcoins are still volatile , but have come a long way and are accepted as payment by many big chains. You don't have to buy an entire bit coin... There are literally hundreds of ways to buy a bit coin. One is even by exchanging gift cards or even depositing cash to a bank account and then the supplier send you the bitcoins. For fucks sake read up on this stuff.

And you somehow think that this sort of activity would go unnoticed & unchecked by the US Government to the tune of $25 Billion annually?

Ol Trump would be completely sidelined, right? :laugh:

pete311
01-06-2017, 05:09 PM
And you somehow think that this sort of activity would go unnoticed & unchecked by the US Government to the tune of $25 Billion annually?

Ol Trump would be completely sidelined, right? :laugh:

You still don't understand how block chain currencies work do you. The gov would be as successful as they are trying to stop digital pirating. Guess who's winning.

NightTrain
01-06-2017, 05:19 PM
You still don't understand how block chain currencies work do you. The gov would be as successful as they are trying to stop digital pirating. Guess who's winning.

Are you aware that the Gov can and does monitor virtually all internet traffic? Do you understand that it isn't talked about because people freak out over it?

I build components of the internet for a living. I create turn-key networks. I know how they work, and I have a good idea as to where the monitoring takes place at key fiber hubs.

Ever wonder how the FBI has private emails from a terrorist within 24 hours of the terrorist doing terroristy things? Along with all the people he's talked to and followed on the interwebs?

The moment that the Government is interested in shutting down exchange sites, it's done. Finished. And the next one. And the next one after that. Like Dominoes.

It is a simple matter to block American traffic to Uzbekistan underbelly sites. And those in Scotland. And Poland.

I enjoy you espousing your fervent hopes that Trump will be thwarted, Petey... but you had a better chance at corrupting Republican delegates than thwarting this. And we're all still laughing about that.

pete311
01-06-2017, 05:25 PM
Are you aware that the Gov can and does monitor virtually all internet traffic? Do you understand that it isn't talked about because people freak out over it?

I build components of the internet for a living. I create turn-key networks. I know how they work, and I have a good idea as to where the monitoring takes place at key fiber hubs.

Ever wonder how the FBI has private emails from a terrorist within 24 hours of the terrorist doing terroristy things? Along with all the people he's talked to and followed on the interwebs?

The moment that the Government is interested in shutting down exchange sites, it's done. Finished. And the next one. And the next one after that. Like Dominoes.

It is a simple matter to block American traffic to Uzbekistan underbelly sites. And those in Scotland. And Poland.

I enjoy you espousing your fervent hopes that Trump will be thwarted, Petey... but you had a better chance at corrupting Republican delegates than thwarting this. And we're all still laughing about that.

Nope, you still don't understand how block chain currencies work. Not a clue.

NightTrain
01-06-2017, 05:31 PM
Nope, you still don't understand how block chain currencies work. Not a clue.

Learn me up, Son!

I'm willing to wager a substantial sum that I understand it a hell of a lot better than you do. But have at it.

NightTrain
01-06-2017, 05:38 PM
Also, Pablo may have a problem with the fact that Bitcoin is not legal in Mexico.

Yeah, that's a significant hurdle as well.

Bilgerat
01-06-2017, 05:48 PM
Also, Pablo may have a problem with the fact that Bitcoin is not legal in Mexico.

http://s2.quickmeme.com/img/d3/d3c31deb9c912ae961d56c06b92c45c1928001b89a8492c770 000411581ec28f.jpg

pete311
01-06-2017, 06:24 PM

It is not illegal, not that it matters, google how bitcoin works already

NightTrain
01-06-2017, 06:41 PM
It is not illegal, not that it matters, google how bitcoin works already

It matters little, Petey.

Mexico and illegals will pay for the wall, end of story.

And that's a feel-good scenario that every American can celebrate! Think of that... the Great Wall of America. It'll make a great postcard.

I'm pretty excited about regaining control over our borders, Petey. Aren't you?

pete311
01-06-2017, 07:09 PM
It matters little, Petey.

Mexico and illegals will pay for the wall, end of story.

And that's a feel-good scenario that every American can celebrate! Think of that... the Great Wall of America. It'll make a great postcard.

I'm pretty excited about regaining control over our borders, Petey. Aren't you?

ok if you say so

jimnyc
01-06-2017, 07:18 PM
What? Block chain currencies are outside the grasp of governments.

Perhaps so, but they can easily make it so that domains disappear and/or won't load, if they aren't in compliance with law (if there is a law down the road, this is just talk). Making a domain not load within our borders wouldn't be hard to accomplish. IF that were to happen, I'm betting that that many bitcoin banks/vendors will quickly fall into alignment, or lose money.

aboutime
01-06-2017, 07:19 PM
ok if you say so

petey. You could have used the word 'WHATEVER' instead of what you said above.

That has become the Liberal, Hypocrite, Hater's key word for refusing to discuss something that proves you believe lies, and would tell them until the cows come home..rather than place yourself in any position of personal, honest responsibility.

pete311
01-06-2017, 07:19 PM
I can't see what you wrote because you are on my ignore list

jimnyc
01-06-2017, 07:21 PM

These posts are the lamest, but at least you didn't include a photo as well. :rolleyes: And yes, I think I did this ONCE over all these years, and it was lame as hell when I said it too.

aboutime
01-06-2017, 08:05 PM

Sure thing petey. So, since you can't see my post. What are you talking about? If you have me on IGNORE. How did you manage to EVENKNOW I posted anything to you?

You honestly aren't smart enough to figure that out?????:clap: And how it makes you look?:clap:

tailfins
01-06-2017, 09:47 PM

The joke is on you.

All Trump needs to make that technically happen is the right accounting trick.

tailfins
01-06-2017, 09:51 PM
These posts are the lamest, but at least you didn't include a photo as well. :rolleyes: And yes, I think I did this ONCE over all these years, and it was lame as hell when I said it too.

I prefer actively deciding that someone isn't worth acknowledging. It provides more satisfaction than just hiding their posts when you log in. Plus you still see their posts on days one considers Debate Policy not worth logging in to.

jimnyc
01-06-2017, 10:05 PM
I prefer actively deciding that someone isn't worth acknowledging. It provides more satisfaction than just hiding their posts when you log in. Plus you still see their posts on days one considers Debate Policy not worth logging in to.

If someone isn't worth posting with or acknowledging, then there's no need for folks to make a post pointing that person out, only to state they have them on ignore.

SassyLady
01-06-2017, 10:13 PM

:believecrap:

SassyLady
01-06-2017, 10:40 PM
Snowflakes like Pete and BP are used to how politicians get things done and don't understand how a business person makes things happen. The government doesn't have to make a profit, however, business owners do. Therefore, I'm sure that Trump will make it happen by eliminating over spending in other areas of the government... such as denying benefits for illegal aliens. Everyone keeps wondering how we can deport so many illegal aliens. I'm pretty sure if we quit giving them benefits most will just go home.

Also, if we enforce fines on employers for hiring illegals it will help pay for wall. Even if wall is built, illegals will find a way in so we need to make it not so desirable to live here.

jimnyc
01-06-2017, 10:48 PM
And fwiw, those that think and swear that such things can't be traced, and business/domain owners can't simply be put out of business - the government has already been looking for ways to regulate bitcoin. While I know it's different, there used to be another way of using a "virtual" way of doing transactions online, folks said it was impossible to trace - so confident that it was used for folks to buy/sell drugs around the world, and they got away with it for awhile. Look up "silk road".

And as a result, it got the IRS and the DHS a little curious.

They wanted to regulate bitcoin not long after that crap went down.

Even the UK announced in 2015 that they planned on regulating bitcoin as it was being used for money laundering, so this is far from just the USA.

And then bitcoin exchanges - they're already being regulated.

Here's a decent read from a few years ago. And like I said, if they don't cooperate, they can shut down exchanges, and also domains.

---

The bitcoin exchange that Coinbase launched in January, for trading the controversial digital currency, had great expectations on its shoulders.

"It’s certainly a breakthrough for the space as a whole," said bitcoin evangelist Roger Ver when news broke that the New York Stock Exchange was one of Coinbase's backers. (The company's nearly $107 million in venture capital is second only to the $116 million raised by secretive startup 21.) "The Coinbase exchange brings a new level to the bitcoin world," said Daniel Palacio, founder of Authy.

But there are even greater expectations for all the exchanges that will come next.

Bitcoin exchanges already exist, such as Bitstamp—which has reopened after falling victim to a hack in January—Bitfinex, and BTCChina. TeraExchange, launched last October, allows for bitcoin derivatives trading. But Coinbase's exchange was hyped as the country's first "regulated" bitcoin exchange. (There has been dispute over this label. Coinbase is not yet officially licensed in New York, for example, where the state's Department of Financial Services has come up with BitLicense, a set of regulations for digital currency companies.)

Now there is widespread excitement over additional regulated exchanges to come, as well as over regulation in general. Last year, the IRS released regulatory guidelines over bitcoin and taxes, and just this month the U.K. Treasury came out with a report about the need to regulate bitcoin, and stating its plan to apply anti-money laundering rules to bitcoin exchanges. "We saw a lot of regulation last year," says Authy's Palacio. "I think we can see that it’s here to stay. It’s no longer a couple of techies using it."

Rest here - http://fortune.com/2015/03/24/bitcoin-regulated-exchanges-winklevoss-coinbase/

NightTrain
01-06-2017, 11:02 PM
No, no, no, Jim. :slap:

It's all very mysterious and untraceable and operates outside of any government oversight or banking laws.

Petey said so.

NightTrain
01-06-2017, 11:17 PM
Snowflakes like Pete and BP are used to how politicians get things done and don't understand how a business person makes things happen. The government doesn't have to make a profit, however, business owners do. Therefore, I'm sure that Trump will make it happen by eliminating over spending in other areas of the government... such as denying benefits for illegal aliens. Everyone keeps wondering how we can deport so many illegal aliens. I'm pretty sure if we quit giving them benefits most will just go home.

Also, if we enforce fines on employers for hiring illegals it will help pay for wall. Even if wall is built, illegals will find a way in so we need to make it not so desirable to live here.

First order of business needs to be HARSH enforcement of every single employer who employs the illegals. Make it real easy, like a 5-year stretch in Club Fed per illegal hired. That bullshit will disappear overnight.

Then the roundup begins and the buses and trains start hauling them to El Paso, and unceremoniously tossed across the border with the reminder that next time they will serve a 5-year stretch in Club Fed, then deported via catapult. A $5 gift card to Taco Bell for those that self-deport. We can be generous here.

Jan 21st I'd like to see ground broken for a nice, 20-foot-high concrete wall... but I'm realistic enough to settle for Jan 22nd.

BoogyMan
01-07-2017, 12:20 AM

Break promises, raise taxes, increase national debt? Did you sleep through the Obama years or are you simply choosing dishonesty as a rhetorical device?

NightTrain
01-07-2017, 12:33 AM
Break promises, raise taxes, increase national debt? Did you sleep through the Obama years or are you simply choosing dishonesty as a rhetorical device?

Let's not forget Most Transparent Administration in History!

Oh yeah, and that bit about racial tensions. Can't forget about how he was supposed to make that better. I was born in 1970, and I have never seen racial tensions and indeed, atrocities so focused.

tailfins
01-07-2017, 10:13 AM

Trump was elected as a Republican. That means that he volunteered to uphold a higher standard.

Gunny
01-07-2017, 10:18 AM
You bring it on to yourself. Rarely do you have anything positive to say on an issue that liberals
soil their diapers over.

If you do not want our laws on immigration enforced, how many of them are you willing to house in your abode?
Convert your garage for them...maybe 15-20?

Sorry but you set yourself up. You can get about 60 mexicans in one garage. They'll think you got 'em a plantation.:laugh2:

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
01-07-2017, 10:23 AM

What a joke.

He made billions, and it wasn't by being dumb in financial matters.
Do not worry, as Prez he gets to use those mightily praised new expansive Presidential powers!
YOU KNOW, THE ONES YOU LIBS PRAISED THE OBAMA TO THE HIGH HEAVENS FOR USING!
And such powers give him numerous ways to force Mexico to pay.
Can you say, Executive Orders, Peteyboy??? :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:--Tyr

tailfins
01-07-2017, 11:34 AM
If someone isn't worth posting with or acknowledging, then there's no need for folks to make a post pointing that person out, only to state they have them on ignore.

That's a very good point. I still don't like hiding peoples posts. That means you can't look down your nose at those who deserve it. Besides that, the Peanut Gallery can be quite entertaining (for those that understand my Vaudevillian reference). I just post my B-list material here anyway.

gabosaurus
01-07-2017, 11:47 AM
No wall. No deportations. No ban on Muslims immigrating. No watch list. No jail for Hillary. No swamp draining.

You do get the guy who will Make America Grate Again. :cool:

Little-Acorn
01-09-2017, 03:18 AM

What you mean "we", Kimosabe?

Drummond
01-09-2017, 06:25 AM
There's hardly anything of value I can add to this thread, unfortunately. I for one don't understand bitcoins .. and I've no problem in admitting it (why would I have ?).

On the wider point of internet monitoring, which was brought up earlier - well, I know that the UK Government has the capability of monitoring all internet traffic, and has had that ability for several years, at least (GCHQ alone is well up to the task). The discussion in my country hasn't been about the ability to do it, but whether or not our society can accept such a form of 'intrusion'.

But if we can do that, I'm very sure that the US can do it, too, and probably more easily and with greater expertise. So in this area alone, Pete's argument falls down.

Part of the weakness of Leftie arguing is the naivety that goes with it. We Conservatives live in the REAL world.

Elessar
01-09-2017, 01:33 PM

That is the chicken-shit way out. If I do not like what I am reading, I will either reply or
pass it over. What is so hard about that?

Elessar
01-09-2017, 01:37 PM
Sorry but you set yourself up. You can get about 60 mexicans in one garage. They'll think you got 'em a plantation.:laugh2:

Hey....I was being generous....

Shit-head :laugh:

Elessar
01-09-2017, 01:40 PM
There's hardly anything of value I can add to this thread, unfortunately. I for one don't understand bitcoins .. and I've no problem in admitting it (why would I have ?).

On the wider point of internet monitoring, which was brought up earlier - well, I know that the UK Government has the capability of monitoring all internet traffic, and has had that ability for several years, at least (GCHQ alone is well up to the task). The discussion in my country hasn't been about the ability to do it, but whether or not our society can accept such a form of 'intrusion'.

But if we can do that, I'm very sure that the US can do it, too, and probably more easily and with greater expertise. So in this area alone, Pete's argument falls down.

Part of the weakness of Leftie arguing is the naivety that goes with it. We Conservatives live in the REAL world.

I know for a fact that there are several agencies capable of tracing any message right down to
the very keyboard that composed it.

FBI, NSA, FCC, CIA...and the various military security branches.

pete311
01-09-2017, 03:46 PM
That is the chicken-shit way out. If I do not like what I am reading, I will either reply or
pass it over. What is so hard about that?
Then why does the feature exist. Why add something to the community that is frowned upon. I'm tired of passing over every other post. There are about exactly 2-3 people on this forum worth replying to.

CSM
01-09-2017, 04:20 PM
Then why does the feature exist. Why add something to the community that is frowned upon. I'm tired of passing over every other post. There are about exactly 2-3 people on this forum worth replying to.

Then why, pray tell, do you bother to post here?

pete311
01-09-2017, 04:28 PM
Then why, pray tell, do you bother to post here?
Debating with those with coherent opposite views is important for growth.

Gunny
01-09-2017, 04:38 PM

It exists for pansies who have an alligator mouth and bumblebee ass. You think you got the balls to throw words out there, but you come up real short on defending what you say. If you are going to engage in combat, then engage.

The ignore function is like the kid who thinks if he turns his back on the room no one can see him. Everyone else is still reading what you post. You just can't see what they are saying back.

And THAT is my personal opinion and how I did business. It does not represent the policy of this board.

pete311
01-09-2017, 04:46 PM
It exists for pansies who have an alligator mouth and bumblebee ass.
beautiful poetry

Gunny
01-09-2017, 05:09 PM
It exists for pansies who have an alligator mouth and bumblebee ass. You think you got the balls to throw words out there, but you come up real short on defending what you say. If you are going to engage in combat, then engage.

The ignore function is like the kid who thinks if he turns his back on the room no one can see him. Everyone else is still reading what you post. You just can't see what they are saying back.

And THAT is my personal opinion and how I did business. It does not represent the policy of this board.

Dude, you pissed off the Sergeant Major. You're on your own. I need to PM my vehicle down at Motor T or something. You just opened a can of whoopass you can't cash.

jimnyc
01-09-2017, 06:05 PM
Resident upset liberals:

Get your wallets out!! Time to pony up a few $$$ to help with this great wall coming our way!!! What's that? You don't want to spend the $$?? Now you know how normal folks felt about obamacare! Only difference is, Obamacare is about to be dead and long gone - but our wonderful wall will last and last and last!! :laugh:

pete311
01-09-2017, 06:06 PM
Resident upset liberals:

Get your wallets out!! Time to pony up a few $$$ to help with this great wall coming our way!!! What's that? You don't want to spend the $$?? Now you know how normal folks felt about obamacare! Only difference is, Obamacare is about to be dead and long gone - but our wonderful wall will last and last and last!! :laugh:
really? only difference? one saves lives the other does what?

jimnyc
01-09-2017, 06:23 PM
really? only difference? one saves lives the other does what?

I believe folks can still have insurance? And likely less $$. And they won't be LIED to and told they can keep doctors and what not. Lives are STILL saved with or without, folks just need to hit a hospital if it is THAT desperate and they don't have insurance. Most community hospitals will help the indigent. Regardless, I have no issue with lives saved, just the shitty design of obamacare.

But that aside, the wall IS going up, contrary to what some say or think.

Some are like the idiot Fox from Mexico, saying he "won't pay for that fukken racist wall". How is doing what SO MANY other countries do, and what Mexico wants to do them very selves - racist?

But it's going up. Ante up!!

CSM
01-09-2017, 06:28 PM
I believe folks can still have insurance? And likely less $$. And they won't be LIED to and told they can keep doctors and what not. Lives are STILL saved with or without, folks just need to hit a hospital if it is THAT desperate and they don't have insurance. Most community hospitals will help the indigent. Regardless, I have no issue with lives saved, just the shitty design of obamacare.

But that aside, the wall IS going up, contrary to what some say or think.

Some are like the idiot Fox from Mexico, saying he "won't pay for that fukken racist wall". How is doing what SO MANY other countries do, and what Mexico wants to do them very selves - racist?

But it's going up. Ante up!!

Mexico does not want that wall for a variety of reasons. One factor is that if there are fewer ways that illegals and drug smugglers can get into the US, the more of them stay in Mexico. Mexico's problems with poverty and the drug cartels explode if the US puts up an EFFECTIVE wall....

jimnyc
01-09-2017, 06:31 PM
I wonder if the liberals also find THIS racist and deplorable?

Now Mexico wants to build a border wall with Central America to keep out illegal immigrants from El Salvador, Honduras and Guatemala

It seems Mexico agrees with Donald Trump's plans to build a wall to keep out illegal immigrants - but only on its southern border with Central America.

Mexicans are calling for the border wall to keep out Guatemalans, Salvadorans and Hondurans fleeing violence in their own countries.

They complain 'hordes' of immigrants pass through on their way to the United States -who are then simply deported back to Mexico rather than their home countries by the US.

Central American migrants are left stuck in border cities with Mexican officials unable to afford to send them back to their own countries, according to an article by one of the largest newspapers in the border state of Tamaulipas, El Mañana, titled: 'Yes to the Border Wall … but in Mexico's South.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3790116/Mexico-wants-build-border-wall-Central-America-illegal-immigrants.html#ixzz4VJIiWfYp

Black Diamond
01-09-2017, 07:03 PM
So Canada and Mexico are doing their part to defend their southern borders.

Bigots.

Elessar
01-09-2017, 07:07 PM

You are confusing. Why use it it you question the availability of it?
Just being a contrary whiner is why - there, I answered for you.

Elessar
01-09-2017, 07:11 PM
I wonder if the liberals also find THIS racist and deplorable?

Now Mexico wants to build a border wall with Central America to keep out illegal immigrants from El Salvador, Honduras and Guatemala

It seems Mexico agrees with Donald Trump's plans to build a wall to keep out illegal immigrants - but only on its southern border with Central America.

Mexicans are calling for the border wall to keep out Guatemalans, Salvadorans and Hondurans fleeing violence in their own countries.

They complain 'hordes' of immigrants pass through on their way to the United States -who are then simply deported back to Mexico rather than their home countries by the US.

Central American migrants are left stuck in border cities with Mexican officials unable to afford to send them back to their own countries, according to an article by one of the largest newspapers in the border state of Tamaulipas, El Mañana, titled: 'Yes to the Border Wall … but in Mexico's South.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3790116/Mexico-wants-build-border-wall-Central-America-illegal-immigrants.html#ixzz4VJIiWfYp

It is amazing that Mexico has very strict immigration laws, but look aside when
Central American hoards pass their southern border en-route to the USA.

Rather curious, I should think.

aboutime
01-09-2017, 07:36 PM
beautiful poetry

Gotta agree with you petey. Gunny was talking ONLY about you. But you call it beautiful? Tell us more about yourself.