PDA

View Full Version : 2 House Democrats boycott inauguration

jimnyc
01-06-2017, 02:27 PM
See, this is how the media lied from day one. Yes, Trump got busted and spoke some nasty shit about women. But speak to his former wives, Melania, daughters, employees - he is not anti-woman and never was.

Trump is not anti-immigrant - he is anti-ILLEGAL immigrant. Pretty big difference. I don't see how he has an issue with latinos, and MANY supported him. I also don't see an issue with black folks. He DOES have an issue with muslims, and centered on folks coming from war countries and refugees from such places.

---

WASHINGTON - Two House Democrats are planning to boycott President-elect Donald Trump's inauguration to protest insulting comments Trump made during the campaign about women, minorities and other groups.

Reps. Katherine Clark of Massachusetts and Luis Gutierrez of Illinois said they are skipping the Jan. 20 ceremony at the Capitol as a matter of conscience.

"I could not look at my wife, my daughters or my grandson in the eye if I sat there and attended as if everything that candidate Donald Trump had said about women, Latinos, African-Americans, Muslims ... is OK or erased from my memory," Gutierrez said in a statement Thursday.

Clark said she respects the presidency and supports the peaceful transfer of power but that families in her district "are fearful that the anti-woman, anti-immigrant, anti-Muslim and divisive promises that drove the Trump campaign will become the policies affecting the health and safety of every American."

Read more here: http://www.mcclatchydc.com/news/politics-government/national-politics/article124836634.html#storylink=cpy

Elessar
01-06-2017, 02:41 PM
I am positive they will not be missed.

They can kneel with Kaepernick.