PDA

View Full Version : Joe Biden 2016

Black Diamond
01-07-2017, 04:24 PM
Will Democrats look back in history and imagine what might have been?

Elessar
01-07-2017, 05:23 PM
Will Democrats look back in history and imagine what might have been?

Explain BD...but I really doubt it.

Black Diamond
01-07-2017, 05:29 PM
Explain BD...but I really doubt it.

If Biden runs, he beats Hillary for sure. He's vice President of the united States with asshole in chief's endorsement. He doesnt have the ugliness nor the FBI up his ass.

Elessar
01-07-2017, 05:33 PM
If Biden runs, he beats Hillary for sure. He's vice President of the united States with asshole in chief's endorsement. He doesnt have the ugliness nor the FBI up his ass.

Hillary is toast - done with.

Biden cannot pour piss out of a boot even with the instructions etched on the heel.

Black Diamond
01-07-2017, 05:35 PM
Hillary is toast - done with.

Biden cannot pour piss out of a boot even with the instructions etched on the heel.

They didn't stop Obama.

If Biden had run, do you think he beats Hillary and then Trump? Hillary is now labeled the worst candidate in history. This a theory I am testing in a way.

Kathianne
01-07-2017, 05:37 PM
I don't know that Biden would have beat Trump, I was so wrong in how folks would take his words. I do think he would have beat Hillary, as he didn't have the ethics problems and really does get along with most people. He's not really the clown he plays.

Black Diamond
01-07-2017, 05:41 PM
I don't know that Biden would have beat Trump, I was so wrong in how folks would take his words. I do think he would have beat Hillary, as he didn't have the ethics problems and really does get along with most people. He's not really the clown he plays.

Do you agree with krauthammers contention? Whenever Obama's policies are on the ballot but Obama isn't, it's a a huge loss for Dems?

Kathianne
01-07-2017, 05:48 PM
Do you agree with krauthammers contention? Whenever Obama's policies are on the ballot but Obama isn't, it's a a huge loss for Dems?

Do you have a link? I'd need more to draw a conclusion.

Black Diamond
01-07-2017, 06:45 PM
Do you have a link? I'd need more to draw a conclusion.

He said it on O'Reilly right after election. I will try to find it.

aboutime
01-07-2017, 07:12 PM
http://icansayit.com/images/bidenwal.jpg

http://icansayit.com/images/bidenbiggy.jpg

Joe is always good for a laugh, or two.:laugh:

Kathianne
01-07-2017, 07:25 PM
He said it on O'Reilly right after election. I will try to find it.

I will say that I think that Obama is personally popular, but his 'agenda' was never accepted by most. IOW, his policies were what led to all of the losses in the house, senate, state government positions. Yet, 'we' love our first black president. Not a good reason to vote for someone, skin color.

Black Diamond
01-07-2017, 07:30 PM
http://icansayit.com/images/bidenwal.jpg

http://icansayit.com/images/bidenbiggy.jpg

Joe is always good for a laugh, or two.:laugh:

He is. I think, for better or worse, Trump would have bullied the hell out of Biden in the debates.

Black Diamond
01-07-2017, 07:33 PM
He is. I think, for better or worse, Trump would have bullied the hell out of Biden in the debates.

I don't know. Maybe Biden would have done better against him than Jeb did.

fj1200
01-07-2017, 09:26 PM

Taking the other side of that it's hard to call anything around the POTUS vote as a "huge win" for any side. It might just boil down to would Biden have spent more time in WI, MI, and PA? He's far less unlikable than hrc without the entitlement attitude. But a full-time Biden on the trail would probably show him as quite the train wreck.

But to answer your question; yes, they'll look back and say what if.

Black Diamond
01-07-2017, 09:33 PM
Taking the other side of that it's hard to call anything around the POTUS vote as a "huge win" for any side. It might just boil down to would Biden have spent more time in WI, MI, and PA? He's far less unlikable than hrc without the entitlement attitude. But a full-time Biden on the trail would probably show him as quite the train wreck.

But to answer your question; yes, they'll look back and say what if.
Populism got Trump elected.

fj1200
01-07-2017, 09:51 PM
Populism got Trump elected.

But conservatism would have won the popular vote IMO. But they'll ask the question but the main point is that they do not really have a bench from which to choose good candidates. There may be some that look good on paper but they're getting shellacked across the country and have been for awhile.

Black Diamond
01-07-2017, 09:53 PM
But conservatism would have won the popular vote IMO. But they'll ask the question but the main point is that they do not really have a bench from which to choose good candidates. There may be some that look good on paper but they're getting shellacked across the country and have been for awhile.

I don't see Cruz picking off Pennsylvania or Michigan. Popular vote doesn't matter.

Black Diamond
01-07-2017, 09:55 PM
I don't see Cruz picking off Pennsylvania or Michigan. Popular vote doesn't matter.

I also think Cruz gets crushed in California.

fj1200
01-07-2017, 09:56 PM

I do, hrc doesn't do better against him than trump IMO. Popular vote gains credibility and political capital IMO.

fj1200
01-07-2017, 09:57 PM
I also think Cruz gets crushed in California.

California doesn't matter. ;)

Black Diamond
01-07-2017, 09:58 PM
California doesn't matter. ;)

It speaks to your popular vote argument

fj1200
01-07-2017, 10:00 PM
It speaks to your popular vote argument

He doesn't have to win it, he just has to do better.

Black Diamond
01-07-2017, 10:08 PM
I do, hrc doesn't do better against him than trump IMO. Popular vote gains credibility and political capital IMO.

Cruz would have won all the debates handily but lost when it mattered. What message would have resonated in those states that hadn't the previous 30 years?

The coronation argument you mentioned has merit. Trump worked his butt off and fought until the very end while Hillary thought her blue wall was impenetrable. Trump was in Grand Rapids late Monday night and into election day. He went to seven states in two days. He never quit. And cocky and confident to the end.

Black Diamond
01-07-2017, 10:09 PM
He doesn't have to win it, he just has to do better.

Cruz the gay hating bigot do better in California?

Black Diamond
01-07-2017, 10:09 PM
Take California out of the picture and Trump wins popular vote

fj1200
01-07-2017, 10:14 PM
Cruz would have won all the debates handily but lost when it mattered. What message would have resonated in those states that hadn't the previous 30 years?

The coronation argument you mentioned has merit. Trump worked his butt off and fought until the very end while Hillary thought her blue wall was impenetrable. Trump was in Grand Rapids late Monday night and into election day. He went to seven states in two days. He never quit. And cocky and confident to the end.

Including OH, 3 of those 4 states have Republican governors, it's folly to think only trump wins those states. I heard Gingrich make the argument but hrc was such a bad candidate it's not an automatic that she wins. But back to your Biden question... who knows.

fj1200
01-07-2017, 10:17 PM
Cruz the gay hating bigot do better in California?

I don't think he loses it 66-32. He beats the p***** grabber. :poke:

Take California out of the picture and Trump wins popular vote

Meh, all states matter.

Black Diamond
01-07-2017, 10:21 PM
I don't think he loses it 66-32. He beats the p***** grabber. :poke:

Meh, all states matter.

Hey when you're famous they let you do it.

fj1200
01-07-2017, 10:29 PM
Hey when you're famous they let you do it.

Being establishment has its perks. ;)

Gunny
01-08-2017, 04:04 AM

There would have to be "conservatism" before you can claim it won anything. Fed up is NOT conservative. It is what is says. Fed up.

Gunny
01-08-2017, 04:13 AM
In my honest opinion, Biden would have won. This election was not about Trump. It was a bout throwing out old trash. The people spoke. No Hillary.

I'd love to see a poll on who voted for Trump vs who voted against Hillary. Count me in the latter group.

Russ
01-08-2017, 01:42 PM
In my honest opinion, Biden would have won. This election was not about Trump. It was a bout throwing out old trash. The people spoke. No Hillary.

I'd love to see a poll on who voted for Trump vs who voted against Hillary. Count me in the latter group.

I have to agree with BD and Gunny. If Biden would have run, I think he would have won. He didn't need to worry about WI or PA or OH, everyone just thinks he's affable old Joe. Lucky for us he didn't run.

Gunny
01-08-2017, 03:09 PM
I have to agree with BD and Gunny. If Biden would have run, I think he would have won. He didn't need to worry about WI or PA or OH, everyone just thinks he's affable old Joe. Lucky for us he didn't run.

Politically? Dumb move. Personally? I understand his POV, I've been in charge since forever and you just reach a point where you say enough. I know if something happened to my daughter I would be devastated. There ain't a band aid big enough to fix THAT.

I do think however he would have won had he run.

fj1200
01-08-2017, 03:17 PM
There would have to be "conservatism" before you can claim it won anything. Fed up is NOT conservative. It is what is says. Fed up.

It's called speculation.

fj1200
01-08-2017, 03:19 PM

And who voted for the Constitution.

Gunny
01-08-2017, 03:50 PM
It's called speculation.

Of course. And you know I ain't on the Trumpie bandwagon. If you don't, you can't read. This was a referendum against Hitlery. We, the people, came out and voted against her. Not FOR him.

Biden would have been a tougher obstacle. Not as much baggage. I was actually worried they would figure out a way to weasel his butt in. And if anyone on the left had a brain cell, they could have. That would have completely changed the dynamics. People on the right don't hate him like they do Hitlery. Their motivation to show and vote would have been affected.

fj1200
01-08-2017, 03:59 PM
Of course. And you know I ain't on the Trumpie bandwagon. If you don't, you can't read. This was a referendum against Hitlery. We, the people, came out and voted against her. Not FOR him.

Biden would have been a tougher obstacle. Not as much baggage. I was actually worried they would figure out a way to weasel his butt in. And if anyone on the left had a brain cell, they could have. That would have completely changed the dynamics. People on the right don't hate him like they do Hitlery. Their motivation to show and vote would have been affected.

No disagreement here. It was the Republican election to lose IMO and we almost did. I'm wondering if there is any exit polling about why folks voted a certain way; against her, for the Constitution, etc.

Elessar
01-08-2017, 04:05 PM
My disappointment with Biden was that as a far more experienced Senator,
he should have tempered some of Obama's brain farts. He should have influenced better.

He didn't.

Gunny
01-08-2017, 04:07 PM
No disagreement here. It was the Republican election to lose IMO and we almost did. I'm wondering if there is any exit polling about why folks voted a certain way; against her, for the Constitution, etc.

I want to see that poll. And if you've read my crap over the years, you know I hate polls. I just think it would be interesting.

Fact is, IMO, when the right comes out and votes, the left is left out. We are the majority. The left bitches about the EC but they should thank God for it. The trick is getting us to take off work and go vote. The RNC/GOP can't do simple math.

Gunny
01-09-2017, 12:50 AM
And who voted for the Constitution.

I can tell you this: probably most of us military folk. I can't speak for any civvie mindset. I make a lousy civilian. But we are not trained politically. We swear to uphold and defend the Constitution. People like to call us brainwashed, but at least it's brainwashing to see things clearly for what they are. I served under Carter and Clinton the same way I served under Reagan and Bush. I did my job. All of this political BS is after the fact crap for me.

My job was to accomplish the mission and bring everybody home. I didn't care about anything else. I was responsible for THOSE people and I knew their families. I didn't care what I had to destroy or what I had to do to make that happen.

All of this political crap? For talking heads. And that lying moron Balu.