PDA

View Full Version : Meryl Streep Tears Into Trump in Golden Globes Speech

Balu
01-09-2017, 09:51 AM
<header class="story-header" id="story-header">Meryl Streep Tears Into Trump in Golden Globes SpeechBy REUTERS<time class="dateline" itemprop="dateModified" content="2017-01-09T02:18:30-05:00" datetime="2017-01-09T02:18:30-05:00">JAN. 9, 2017, 1:27 A.M. E.S.T.</time>
Continue reading the main story (http://www.nytimes.com/reuters/2017/01/09/arts/09reuters-awards-goldenglobes-merylstreep.html?_r=2#story-continues-1) Share This Page Continue reading the main story (http://www.nytimes.com/reuters/2017/01/09/arts/09reuters-awards-goldenglobes-merylstreep.html?_r=2#story-continues-1)

</header> BEVERLY HILLS, Calif. — Actress Meryl Streep turned a Golden Globe acceptance speech into a scathing attack on U.S. President-elect Donald Trump, saying she had been heartbroken by his imitation of a disabled reporter during his campaign.
"There was one performance this year that stunned me," Streep, 67, said as she was honored with the Cecil B. DeMille lifetime achievement award Sunday night.
"It sank its hooks in my heart. Not because it was good. It was that moment when the person asking to sit in the most respected seat in our country imitated a disabled reporter."
The three-time Oscar winner was referring to a 2015 incident at a South Carolina rally when Trump flailed his arms and slurred in his speech in an apparent mocking of New York Times reporter Serge Kovaleski, who has a physical disability. Trump later denied that he was imitating the reporter.
"It kind of broke my heart when I saw it and I still can't get it out of my head because it wasn't in a movie. It was real life," Streep said.
Advertisement

Continue reading the main story (http://www.nytimes.com/reuters/2017/01/09/arts/09reuters-awards-goldenglobes-merylstreep.html?_r=2#story-continues-1)
"This instinct to humiliate when it's modeled by someone in the public platform by someone powerful it filters down into everybody's life. Disrespect invites disrespect. Violence incites violence."
In a brief telephone interview with the New York Times, Trump said he was "not surprised" that he had come under attack from "liberal movie people."
He said he had not seen Streep's remarks or the Globes ceremony, but called the actress "a Hillary lover," in reference to her high-profile support for his rival Hillary Clinton.
Actors and studio executives in heavily Democratic Hollywood were mostly behind Clinton.
While Streep did not name Trump directly, she used almost the entire speech to criticize his behavior and policies, while calling for Hollywood to stand strong against any attacks and to support a free press through organizations such as the Committee to Protect Journalists.
The audience sat in stunned silence for much of it.
Streep earned a cheer from the crowd when she said that, "Hollywood is crawling with outsiders and foreigners."
"If you kick them all out, you'll have nothing to watch but football and mixed martial arts, which are not art," she said, as the audience cheered on.
Trump, who takes office on Jan. 20, made a tough stance on immigration a cornerstone of his campaign.
Streep ended her speech with a nod to her long-time friend, "Star Wars" actress Carrie Fisher, who died last month after a heart attack.
Advertisement

Continue reading the main story (http://www.nytimes.com/reuters/2017/01/09/arts/09reuters-awards-goldenglobes-merylstreep.html?_r=2#story-continues-2)
"As my friend, the dear departed Princess Leia, said to me once, 'Take your broken heart and make it into art'," Streep said, her voice cracking with emotion.
The Committee to Protect Journalists tweeted to the actress, "Thank you Meryl Streep for your generosity &amp; support of our mission to protect journalists and press freedom around the world."
Streep has been nominated for a Golden Globe 30 times and won eight times. She joins Denzel Washington, George Clooney, Woody Allen and Jodie Foster as recipients of the Cecil B. DeMille award.
(Reporting by Piya Sinha-Roy; Editing by Leela de Kretser and Mary Milliken)
Continue reading the main story (http://www.nytimes.com/reuters/2017/01/09/arts/09reuters-awards-goldenglobes-merylstreep.html?_r=2#whats-next)

CSM
01-09-2017, 09:53 AM
I really don't give a rat's ass what any actor/actress thinks. Just another snowflake (who happens to make a living pretending to be somebody else).

Balu
01-09-2017, 10:32 AM
I really don't give a rat's ass what any actor/actress thinks. Just another snowflake (who happens to make a living pretending to be somebody else).

Perhaps it will be interesting, but in the Russian Empire, actors and other hypocrites as well as suicides were not buried inside the cemetery fence.

Abbey Marie
01-09-2017, 10:33 AM
How can anyone watch these awards shows?

pete311
01-09-2017, 10:35 AM
Award shows are even lower than reality TV, but... wtf, why does Trump have the thinnest skin in history? For all that tough exterior he is pudding on the inside. And good lord the Conway "you don't know what's in his heart" excuse is embarrassing.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
01-09-2017, 10:59 AM
<header class="story-header" id="story-header">Meryl Streep Tears Into Trump in Golden Globes SpeechBy REUTERS<time class="dateline" itemprop="dateModified" content="2017-01-09T02:18:30-05:00" datetime="2017-01-09T02:18:30-05:00">JAN. 9, 2017, 1:27 A.M. E.S.T.</time>
Continue reading the main story (http://www.nytimes.com/reuters/2017/01/09/arts/09reuters-awards-goldenglobes-merylstreep.html?_r=2#story-continues-1) Share This Page Continue reading the main story (http://www.nytimes.com/reuters/2017/01/09/arts/09reuters-awards-goldenglobes-merylstreep.html?_r=2#story-continues-1)

</header> BEVERLY HILLS, Calif. — Actress Meryl Streep turned a Golden Globe acceptance speech into a scathing attack on U.S. President-elect Donald Trump, saying she had been heartbroken by his imitation of a disabled reporter during his campaign.
"There was one performance this year that stunned me," Streep, 67, said as she was honored with the Cecil B. DeMille lifetime achievement award Sunday night.
"It sank its hooks in my heart. Not because it was good. It was that moment when the person asking to sit in the most respected seat in our country imitated a disabled reporter."
The three-time Oscar winner was referring to a 2015 incident at a South Carolina rally when Trump flailed his arms and slurred in his speech in an apparent mocking of New York Times reporter Serge Kovaleski, who has a physical disability. Trump later denied that he was imitating the reporter.
"It kind of broke my heart when I saw it and I still can't get it out of my head because it wasn't in a movie. It was real life," Streep said.
Advertisement

Continue reading the main story (http://www.nytimes.com/reuters/2017/01/09/arts/09reuters-awards-goldenglobes-merylstreep.html?_r=2#story-continues-1)
"This instinct to humiliate when it's modeled by someone in the public platform by someone powerful it filters down into everybody's life. Disrespect invites disrespect. Violence incites violence."
In a brief telephone interview with the New York Times, Trump said he was "not surprised" that he had come under attack from "liberal movie people."
He said he had not seen Streep's remarks or the Globes ceremony, but called the actress "a Hillary lover," in reference to her high-profile support for his rival Hillary Clinton.
Actors and studio executives in heavily Democratic Hollywood were mostly behind Clinton.
While Streep did not name Trump directly, she used almost the entire speech to criticize his behavior and policies, while calling for Hollywood to stand strong against any attacks and to support a free press through organizations such as the Committee to Protect Journalists.
The audience sat in stunned silence for much of it.
Streep earned a cheer from the crowd when she said that, "Hollywood is crawling with outsiders and foreigners."
"If you kick them all out, you'll have nothing to watch but football and mixed martial arts, which are not art," she said, as the audience cheered on.
Trump, who takes office on Jan. 20, made a tough stance on immigration a cornerstone of his campaign.
Streep ended her speech with a nod to her long-time friend, "Star Wars" actress Carrie Fisher, who died last month after a heart attack.
Advertisement

Continue reading the main story (http://www.nytimes.com/reuters/2017/01/09/arts/09reuters-awards-goldenglobes-merylstreep.html?_r=2#story-continues-2)
"As my friend, the dear departed Princess Leia, said to me once, 'Take your broken heart and make it into art'," Streep said, her voice cracking with emotion.
The Committee to Protect Journalists tweeted to the actress, "Thank you Meryl Streep for your generosity &amp; support of our mission to protect journalists and press freedom around the world."
Streep has been nominated for a Golden Globe 30 times and won eight times. She joins Denzel Washington, George Clooney, Woody Allen and Jodie Foster as recipients of the Cecil B. DeMille award.
(Reporting by Piya Sinha-Roy; Editing by Leela de Kretser and Mary Milliken)
Continue reading the main story (http://www.nytimes.com/reuters/2017/01/09/arts/09reuters-awards-goldenglobes-merylstreep.html?_r=2#whats-next)

ONCE SHE WAS PRETTY AND GAINED FAME FOR HER ACTS
NOW SHE IS UGLY, OLD AND SPEAKING WITHOUT FACTS
WHY SHOULD WE GIVE WEIGHT TO HER SILLY BLATHER
WHEN SHE IS AS STUPID NOW, AS ONCE WAS DAN RATHER.....:laugh::laugh::laugh:

WILL BE A COLD DAY IN HELL BEFORE I GIVE ANY ADDED WEIGHT TO ANY PERSON'S POLITICAL VIEWS JUST BECAUSE THEY ARE RICH OR FAMOUS!! --TYR

pete311
01-09-2017, 11:24 AM
WILL BE A COLD DAY IN HELL BEFORE I GIVE ANY ADDED WEIGHT TO ANY PERSON'S POLITICAL VIEWS JUST BECAUSE THEY ARE RICH OR FAMOUS!! --TYR

Like Trump?

CSM
01-09-2017, 11:31 AM
Like Trump?

Hmm...let me know when Ms. Streep gets elected (or even runs) President would ya? We conservatives are just so out of touch and have to rely on folks like you to tell us what to think.... oh wait..... never mind!

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
01-09-2017, 11:44 AM
Hmm...let me know when Ms. Streep gets elected (or even runs) President would ya? We conservatives are just so out of touch and have to rely on folks like you to tell us what to think.... oh wait..... never mind!

Only clue little lost Peteyboy ever had was when his date asked him to go jump in the nearest lake.
And only then after he found that it was both deep and ice cold!--:laugh:-Tyr

pete311
01-09-2017, 11:45 AM

So only elected officials are worth listening to? Elected officials are the oracles of our time? No one wiser?

pete311
01-09-2017, 11:47 AM
Only clue little lost Peteyboy ever had was when his date asked him to go jump in the nearest lake.
And only then after he found that it was both deep and ice cold!--:laugh:-Tyr

seriously stop writing in riddles and parables

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
01-09-2017, 11:49 AM
Like Trump?

Seems like me and tens of millions of other American's saw, heard and felt his *** PRESIDENCY WOULD BE LIGHT-YEARS BETTER***, THAN THAT UGLY, CORRUPT WITCH YOU LOONS TRIED TO INSTALL.

Say, isn't your little bowl of fruit-loops getting too soggy now from all the baby-tears yo' lib-minded dumb-ass has been splashing about as of late??
Or do you like weak and watered down cereal to go along with your weak minded blather?-Tyr

CSM
01-09-2017, 11:51 AM
So only elected officials are worth listening to? Elected officials are the oracles of our time? No one wiser?

Ms. Streep has had and will continue to have ZERO impact on my life at any level. This holds true for all the Hollywierd talking heads ....

Are you implying that actors/actresses are the oracles of our time? That they are wiser than anyone else? Really??? No wonder you hold the beliefs that you espouse on this board....

pete311
01-09-2017, 11:58 AM
Ms. Streep has had and will continue to have ZERO impact on my life at any level. This holds true for all the Hollywierd talking heads ....

Are you implying that actors/actresses are the oracles of our time? That they are wiser than anyone else? Really??? No wonder you hold the beliefs that you espouse on this board....

People should be judged on the content of their words and not by their position, end of story.

Abbey Marie
01-09-2017, 12:05 PM
I think that entertainers and politicians have at their core a similar desire for attention. I don't listen to either to form my political beliefs. I'm actually able to do that on my own, as are most people on this board. But I will give the edge to a politician over any actor, to know what is achievable in government.

I'd love to see how Dems would react if Trump talked almost exclusively about what's wrong with Meryl Streep/ the movies, during his Inauguration. Do you get it now, Pete?

It takes an an enormous ego for an actress to think that people want to hear her bully pulpit thoughts on politics during an awards show especially. But then, that's who this sillly business attracts in the first place.

Balu
01-09-2017, 12:12 PM

Don't worry! Everything is not so bad, till you have replies to your posts.
Even you are a worth person to listen to without putting you into an ignore list. So, you have yet where to fall down to. :laugh:

CSM
01-09-2017, 12:20 PM
People should be judged on the content of their words and not by their position, end of story.

It obviously is not that simple (but you knew that already didn't you!). Hmmm, so which words and content should we judge HRC by ... the ones she stated publicly or the ones she tried to prevent the public from knowing with the release of her emails? Maybe you do not believe humans are capable of lying, deception or insincerity? Just trying to figure out just how stupid you think the rest of us really are....

CSM
01-09-2017, 12:35 PM

On a side note, this statement intrigues me. One could presume that we should take medical advice from a janitor versus a doctor (content over position). No thanks. Legal advice from Charles Manson vs. a practicing lawyer? No thanks. That might be the end of story for you but it sure as hell isn't for me. It does explain a lot about your way of thinking, though.

Balu
01-09-2017, 12:35 PM

You are wrong!
People in general and everybody in particular should be judged and estimated by their deeds, but not by their words. Otherwise you risk to play a role of a looser in poker till the rest of your life. :laugh:

NightTrain
01-09-2017, 01:11 PM

People are judged on both, you silly moonbat.

And that would explain that red reputation bar you're sporting.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
01-09-2017, 01:28 PM
People are judged on both, you silly moonbat.

And that would explain that red reputation bar you're sporting.

Hell, I saw that red bar he sports, I just thought it was a badge given to him, for his having he biggest red-ass over HRC LOSING..
That or else his own personal advertisement of red-ass salve.--:laugh:-Tyr

Elessar
01-09-2017, 02:09 PM

Sum it up. What experience do actors and entertainers have?
They are led around by the nose and have been indoctrinated into what to think and say
in spite of common sense.

pete311
01-09-2017, 03:43 PM
On a side note, this statement intrigues me. One could presume that we should take medical advice from a janitor versus a doctor (content over position). No thanks. Legal advice from Charles Manson vs. a practicing lawyer? No thanks. That might be the end of story for you but it sure as hell isn't for me. It does explain a lot about your way of thinking, though.
Tell that to Trump and all the people he's promoting to his cabinet with little to no experience in the position.

pete311
01-09-2017, 03:44 PM
They are led around by the nose and have been indoctrinated into what to think and say
What Maryl Streep said requires no experience other than being a decent human being.

Black Diamond
01-09-2017, 04:09 PM
Love her Jill Stein haircut.

CSM
01-09-2017, 04:15 PM
Tell that to Trump and all the people he's promoting to his cabinet with little to no experience in the position.

So you are an advocate that no new appointees should be allowed in cabinet positions ... only those with experience at being a cabinet member should be nominated or appointed.. got it.

With that philosophy, we should have a king and not a president. I amazed you support HRC as president as she had NO EXPERIENCE in the position. Makes me wonder how you can support Obama as president too since he had NO EXPERINCE in the position.

CSM
01-09-2017, 04:18 PM
What Maryl Streep said requires no experience other than being a decent human being.

Doesn't take much thought either... anxiety maybe but more likely memorizing lib talking points ... actors are good at memorizing scripts or so I am told....

pete311
01-09-2017, 04:24 PM
So you are an advocate that no new appointees should be allowed in cabinet positions ... only those with experience at being a cabinet member should be nominated or appointed.. got it.

With that philosophy, we should have a king and not a president. I amazed you support HRC as president as she had NO EXPERIENCE in the position. Makes me wonder how you can support Obama as president too since he had NO EXPERINCE in the position.

Experience related to the position...

Gunny
01-09-2017, 04:44 PM

Nope. People that have a brain cell and some common sense are worth listening to. Actors using an unfair advantage via media access are not on the list. Media access does not make a stupid rant any righter than it is.

CSM
01-09-2017, 04:53 PM

So you are now retracting your original statement ".....with little to no experience in the position."

Experience related to the position could be anything from "I read about on Facebook" to "I was on the receiving end of regulations enforced by that government agency" ...

Gunny
01-09-2017, 05:00 PM
So you are now retracting your original statement ".....with little to no experience in the position."

Experience related to the position could be anything from "I read about on Facebook" to "I was on the receiving end of regulations enforced by that government agency" ...

Clue for petey ... and it don't come from Hollyweird .. DOn't piss off the Sergeant Major. They like to drink coffee. beer and eat donuts. A good day is the day you don't see him. Geez ,.. talk about poking a bear ....

CSM
01-09-2017, 05:10 PM
Clue for petey ... and it don't come from Hollyweird .. DOn't piss off the Sergeant Major. They like to drink coffee. beer and eat donuts. A good day is the day you don't see him. Geez ,.. talk about poking a bear ....

Don't worry Gunny...play time is almost over. Just testing Pete's mental agility.....

Gunny
01-09-2017, 05:16 PM
Don't worry Gunny...play time is almost over. Just testing Pete's mental agility.....

Not worried about YOU. Don't kill Petey.

CSM
01-09-2017, 05:21 PM
Not worried about YOU. Don't kill Petey.

I would not think of doing such a thing... or at least not so anyone could prove anything in a court of law!

Pete's ok...sort of a male version of Gabby... you just can't take anything they post too seriously or too personally....

jimnyc
01-09-2017, 05:36 PM

Sure, you know she's SO decent that you don't even know how her name is spelled. You believe what an ACTOR states.

Gunny
01-09-2017, 05:38 PM
I would not think of doing such a thing... or at least not so anyone could prove anything in a court of law!

Pete's ok...sort of a male version of Gabby... you just can't take anything they post too seriously or too personally....

I know, but I'm the Gunny. remember? I know who gets stuck with the paperwork. If you kill his ass it's going to be annoying since I detest paperwork. Bury him in the back yard or something please .....

CSM
01-09-2017, 06:22 PM
I know, but I'm the Gunny. remember? I know who gets stuck with the paperwork. If you kill his ass it's going to be annoying since I detest paperwork. Bury him in the back yard or something please .....

woodchipper.... no internment necessary

Elessar
01-09-2017, 07:33 PM

Wrong. Actors think once they get a microphone in their face that their spouting out personal
beliefs not even affiliated with the venue and purpose is meaningful.

It is self aggrandizing hogwash.

aboutime
01-09-2017, 07:40 PM
The entire Hollyweird crowd of selfish, arrogant, under-educated, college drop-outs, who THINK only they know Everything are a total waste of humanityl.

I wonder when they will (if ever) catch on...NOBODY REALLY CARES what they think, or say? As Forest Gump's Mama said..."STUPID IS, AS STUPID DOES!" And they prove it.

KarlMarx
01-09-2017, 07:58 PM
How can anyone watch these awards shows?

Talk about the epitome of know-it-all-ness...

Those a$$holes live in gated communities, in mansions, and have chauffeurs driving them around.

Meryl Streep doesn't do housework, make her bed, buy her own groceries and probably has someone to dress her.

They have accountants, tax attorneys, and don't balance their checkbooks

They don't raise their children, that's what nannies are for

They don't do anything but act... after all, working for a living, why that's beneath them!

They don't send their kids to the same schools as ours because, after all, they are better than us

They don't produce anything, their livelihood is playing make believe

They don't do anything that we do, they don't believe in anything we do.

They have about as much in common with the Common Man as the rest of us have in common with Cave Men.

They've fooled themselves into believing that they know what our lives are all about.

They stand there looking down at us in smug contempt thinking that they know better than the rest of us.

And those bastards can't even keep their word. Barbara Streisand, Rose O'Donut, and the rest of those liberal crybabies publicly threatened to leave the country if Trump won and here they are.

Someone ought to call them on it.

Perhaps President Trump should build a wall around Hollywood.

pete311
01-09-2017, 08:00 PM

ugh, you know Trump ran a half baked reality show for like 10 years right?

Russ
01-09-2017, 08:07 PM

That would have let Obama out. His entire experience was "community organizer" and "speaker"

Elessar
01-09-2017, 08:09 PM

And those bastards can't even keep their word. Barbara Streisand, Rose O'Donut, and the rest of those liberal crybabies publicly threatened to leave the country if Trump won and here they are.

I am waiting to hear confirmation that they got their plane tickets!
And Judge Ruth Bader Ginsberg!

aboutime
01-09-2017, 08:10 PM
ugh, you know Trump ran a half baked reality show for like 10 years right?

Right you are petey. And EVEN TRUMP got more viewers on his worst nights, than that DUMB BUNCH DID LAST NIGHT.

Would you like to explain that in more detail?

pete311
01-09-2017, 08:11 PM
That would have let Obama out. His entire experience was "community organizer" and "speaker"
right...

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
01-09-2017, 08:15 PM

Those a$$holes live in gated communities, in mansions, and have chauffeurs driving them around.

Meryl Streep doesn't do housework, make her bed, buy her own groceries and probably has someone to dress her.

They have accountants, tax attorneys, and don't balance their checkbooks

They don't raise their children, that's what nannies are for

They don't do anything but act... after all, working for a living, why that's beneath them!

They don't send their kids to the same schools as ours because, after all, they are better than us

They don't do anything that we do, they don't believe in anything we do.

They have about as much in common with the Common Man as the rest of us have in common with Cave Men.

They've fooled themselves into believing that they know what our lives are all about.

They stand there looking down at us in smug contempt thinking that they know better than the rest of us.

FF'ING BRAVOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!! :beer: :saluting2: :beer: :clap:

Elessar
01-09-2017, 08:27 PM
woodchipper.... no internment necessary

You're silly at times!:laugh:

Elessar
01-09-2017, 08:34 PM
right...

So, what are his genuine positive points?

What did he do besides draw a new racial line in this country?
What did he do besides embarrass us in front of our allies?
What did he do besides tear down our local law enforcement?
What did he do besides weaken our military to damn near a third world power?
What did he do besides destroy small business, Mom and Pop stores?
What did he do besides skyrocket health care to only benefit the welfare and illegals?

Show us something.

jimnyc
01-09-2017, 08:45 PM
right...

Hell, the man was barely getting comfy in congress before he was gone. He may have more experience than what you replied to - but it sure as hell wasn't as a senator.

Bilgerat
01-09-2017, 09:17 PM
https://scontent-atl3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/15894459_1251846241573065_7726664742767271678_n.jp g?oh=58ef5d8741f5a2a8f155a1c79dca7494&oe=591C39C9

aboutime
01-09-2017, 10:06 PM
https://scontent-atl3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/15894459_1251846241573065_7726664742767271678_n.jp g?oh=58ef5d8741f5a2a8f155a1c79dca7494&oe=591C39C9

Memories of STREEPTHROAT??? The Missing 18 Minutes at the Globes Explained.:evillaughsign: http://icansayit.com/images/nixon.gif

Gunny
01-09-2017, 11:08 PM
Memories of STREEPTHROAT??? The Missing 18 Minutes at the Globes Explained.:evillaughsign: http://icansayit.com/images/nixon.gif

Any leftwingnutjob calling anyone else a bully is the joke of the century.

fj1200
01-10-2017, 03:07 PM

And they are different than others how???

fj1200
01-10-2017, 03:12 PM
trump should love the film industry.

Many of the leading motion picture studios are part of larger media conglomerates that often include television, video and streaming services, music services, newspaper, cable and magazine segments, and much of this constitutes online content. The U.S. filmed entertainment sector enjoyed a trade surplus of $16.3 billion in 2014 (latest data available). The industry offers attractive possibilities for foreign investors, both large and small, and provides film production tax incentives. Across all sectors, there are opportunities for investments and growth both in joint partnerships, production and tax discounts in many U.S. States, and the creation of TV formats and content for streaming. With the shift toward digital production and distribution, foreign firms are seeking out U.S. digital and animation expertise, and new formats.
https://www.selectusa.gov/media-entertainment-industry-united-states

Gunny
01-10-2017, 03:20 PM

Media access. Then there's the whole hypocrisy thing. It's as big a fraud as the NFL. Hollyweirdo's set the example for who exactly? Sheep.

fj1200
01-10-2017, 03:25 PM
Media access. Then there's the whole hypocrisy thing. It's as big a fraud as the NFL. Hollyweirdo's set the example for who exactly? Sheep.

The question related to experience. They have the same experience as the majority of Americans. They do have a ready platform though from which they can be loony.

Gunny
01-10-2017, 03:42 PM
The question related to experience. They have the same experience as the majority of Americans. They do have a ready platform though from which they can be loony.

I'm a total p*ck on the topic and plead guilty as hell. You're an entertainer. So entertain. If I want your politics, I'll put on politics. I refuse to and will not support loony tune entertainers. No products, movies nor anything else.

And let's be real here ... when was the last time Meryl Streep was relevant? The 70s? Who cares what she has to say? Yet the sheeple will come out.

Who even cares about these awards? I'm surprised Obama hasn't awarded himself one. These leftwingers can whine until the cows come home but the fact is, enough people got together for whatever reasons and said enough of this whacky sh*t.

If you are an actor, act. Know your role and shut your mouth.

Balu
01-10-2017, 03:59 PM

You really think that celebrities have the same experience as the majority of Americans?
Have you ever seen your movie 'Overboard'? If you haven't, do it at once! It will return you back to reality.

Kathianne
01-10-2017, 04:05 PM
To me this is 'much ado about nothing.' The opinion of 'celebrities' counts no more or less than anyone else's, they just have a noisier platform.

I don't get those that think Meryl Streep's comments are important, those that agree with her, already did. For the rest of us, phttt.

That's all the time I'm wasting on this.

Gunny
01-10-2017, 04:46 PM
To me this is 'much ado about nothing.' The opinion of 'celebrities' counts no more or less than anyone else's, they just have a noisier platform.

I don't get those that think Meryl Streep's comments are important, those that agree with her, already did. For the rest of us, phttt.

That's all the time I'm wasting on this.

Not Meryl Streep herself. It's the point. Got 2 pages on this message board over her comments. When was the last time she did anything? I think I had hair.

And I don't do social media beyond this board but I can just imagine what is on the net.

My complaint is these creatures taking unfair advantage of media. Hell. I got something to say. Sometimes. I think.:laugh:

Kathianne
01-10-2017, 04:48 PM
Think of the media as an extension of the DNC, then you get that there's no 'taking advantage of them.'

Gunny
01-10-2017, 04:55 PM
Think of the media as an extension of the DNC, then you get that there's no 'taking advantage of them.'

Ma"am, I am well aware of how the media works. Got a few years of journalism and film making under the belt. I just didn't realize until I was older how much people believe this crap and can't or won't see through it. rule #1: lead the reader to the conclusion you want them to come to. Simplistic.

Boggles the mind that average joe just takes it as truth.

Elessar
01-10-2017, 06:14 PM
Award shows are even lower than reality TV, but... wtf, why does Trump have the thinnest skin in history? For all that tough exterior he is pudding on the inside. And good lord the Conway "you don't know what's in his heart" excuse is embarrassing.

I missed this one.

If he has thin skin and fires back quickly, then why do you do the same with smart-assed comments to others?

Thin-skinned yourself perhaps?

hjmick
01-10-2017, 06:18 PM
The best Op-Ed piece about Streep's speech:

Meryl Streep's anti-Trump speech is everything wrong with liberalism (http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/opinion/meryl-streeps-anti-trump-speech-is-everything-wrong-with-liberalism/ar-BBy5yZ8?li=BBnb7Kz)

As for Trump's thin skin, someone needs to revoke his Twitter privileges... He more resembles a petulant twelve year old than the next President of the United States...

Elessar
01-10-2017, 06:28 PM

Some of them think that being an A-list celebrity vaults them into nationwide
respect of opinion.

That is horseshit. Most all of them could probably not be able to parallel
park a car.

We have smarter and more practical people in this forum than the Hollywood / Madison Avenue Elite

Elessar
01-10-2017, 06:31 PM
The best Op-Ed piece about Streep's speech:

Meryl Streep's anti-Trump speech is everything wrong with liberalism (http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/opinion/meryl-streeps-anti-trump-speech-is-everything-wrong-with-liberalism/ar-BBy5yZ8?li=BBnb7Kz)

As for Trump's thin skin, someone needs to revoke his Twitter privileges... He more resembles a petulant twelve year old than the next President of the United States...

Yeah...he needs to escape that Twitter use.

aboutime
01-10-2017, 06:48 PM
Let's not forget. Trump was elected as our next President. If he wants to use Twitter as a method of actually communicating HONEST FACTS, and letting people know WHEN THE PRESS, or POLITICIANS are Lying about him, or others..TRUMP, as a U.S. Citizen, also has the very same FIRST AMENDMENT RIGHTS the rest of us do.

Granted, he may be called THIN SKINNED, or any of the OTHER bothersome accusations being flashed around. BUT...Look at how much ATTENTION he gets, compared to the MSM twisting their Ideological SLANTS, filled with LIES.

Put yourself in his place, knowing your only way of actually speaking to millions at one time is Twitter. What a tool he has to get instant reactions out to WE THE PEOPLE.
TIME FOR ALL OF US TO ADVANCE TOGETHER. TECHNOLOGY RULES NOW.

jimnyc
01-10-2017, 07:02 PM
One great difference between Trump, who was involved in the industry - while others use their celebrity to whine and bitch and protest - Trump long considered problems and said if it were ever necessary, he would run. He then ran. At least he's trying to make a change and be active.

aboutime
01-10-2017, 07:08 PM
Trump wants All Americans to remember, and become Americans again.
http://youtu.be/mxa4HDgfWFs

About time for ALL Americans to remember JFK's words again.

Elessar
01-11-2017, 02:13 AM
Let's not forget. Trump was elected as our next President. If he wants to use Twitter as a method of actually communicating HONEST FACTS, and letting people know WHEN THE PRESS, or POLITICIANS are Lying about him, or others..TRUMP, as a U.S. Citizen, also has the very same FIRST AMENDMENT RIGHTS the rest of us do.

Granted, he may be called THIN SKINNED, or any of the OTHER bothersome accusations being flashed around. BUT...Look at how much ATTENTION he gets, compared to the MSM twisting their Ideological SLANTS, filled with LIES.

Put yourself in his place, knowing your only way of actually speaking to millions at one time is Twitter. What a tool he has to get instant reactions out to WE THE PEOPLE.
TIME FOR ALL OF US TO ADVANCE TOGETHER. TECHNOLOGY RULES NOW.

Thin skinned my ass. He fights back. Thin skinned is the liberals that whine and moan all
of the time,

fj1200
01-11-2017, 09:06 AM
I'm a total p*ck on the topic and plead guilty as hell. You're an entertainer. So entertain. If I want your politics, I'll put on politics. I refuse to and will not support loony tune entertainers. No products, movies nor anything else.

And let's be real here ... when was the last time Meryl Streep was relevant? The 70s? Who cares what she has to say? Yet the sheeple will come out.

Who even cares about these awards? I'm surprised Obama hasn't awarded himself one. These leftwingers can whine until the cows come home but the fact is, enough people got together for whatever reasons and said enough of this whacky sh*t.

If you are an actor, act. Know your role and shut your mouth.

Relevant? She's an actress who's still working and according to some making good movies. I may not care what she has to say but it's shortsighted to whine about her abilities as an actress and certainly beneath a POTUS-to-be.

You really think that celebrities have the same experience as the majority of Americans?
Have you ever seen your movie 'Overboard'? If you haven't, do it at once! It will return you back to reality.

The question involves political experience. She has what most have as well as right to comment.

fj1200
01-11-2017, 09:10 AM
Some of them think that being an A-list celebrity vaults them into nationwide
respect of opinion.

That is horseshit. Most all of them could probably not be able to parallel
park a car.

We have smarter and more practical people in this forum than the Hollywood / Madison Avenue Elite

Who cares what they think. It doesn't make your experience automatically better than theirs. By your logic though we should rightly ignore the "blatherings" of Tom Seleck, Gary Sinise, Clint Eastwood, (insert favorite righty actor here), etc.

Gunny
01-11-2017, 09:17 AM
Relevant? She's an actress who's still working and according to some making good movies. I may not care what she has to say but it's shortsighted to whine about her abilities as an actress and certainly beneath a POTUS-to-be.

The question involves political experience. She has what most have as well as right to comment.

Let's be clear .. ain't no whining. I'm in Gunny attack mode. Only one direction that goes.

She can say what she wants. And suffer the consequences of opening her mouth. She has her rights ... I have mine. I keep my mouth shut unless I am willing to engage, and I accept the consequences. These Hollyweirdo's think they are above the consequences of their actions.

Not with me.

Elessar
01-11-2017, 02:56 PM
Let's be clear .. ain't no whining. I'm in Gunny attack mode. Only one direction that goes.

She can say what she wants. And suffer the consequences of opening her mouth. She has her rights ... I have mine. I keep my mouth shut unless I am willing to engage, and I accept the consequences. These Hollyweirdo's think they are above the consequences of their actions.

Not with me.

Some people just cannot get that clear.

Gunny
01-11-2017, 03:11 PM

You and I understand that as first responders. We act and it means life or death. These pampered little idiots don't know what that means. Biggest threat to them is not getting dessert. They don't have to make a call and move. They sit around and whine.

I can just see me, sitting in the desert, and whining like a bitch because it ain't going my way. A luxury I could not afford.

fj1200
01-11-2017, 10:27 PM

Not with me.

And all that is just like "the little people."