PDA

View Full Version : Trump assigns anti vaxxer to vax safty commission

pete311
01-10-2017, 04:12 PM
This is one of his worst appointments. Boggles the mind. Puts children at risk now.
http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/robert-kennedy-jr-says-hes-accepted-job-offer-from-trump/

How many anti vaxxers are here even though it total junk science. Vax do not cause autism. End of story.

Kathianne
01-10-2017, 04:28 PM
This is one of his worst appointments. Boggles the mind. Puts children at risk now.
http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/robert-kennedy-jr-says-hes-accepted-job-offer-from-trump/

How many anti vaxxers are here even though it total junk science. Vax do not cause autism. End of story.

I am strongly pro-vaccines, think anyone that has gone with fake Lancet and 'Hollywood types' need to read a bit.

With that said, how hard is it to post a correct link?

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/robert-kennedy-jr-says-hes-accepted-job-offer-from-trump/ar-BBy7z6P

pete311
01-10-2017, 05:04 PM
I am strongly pro-vaccines, think anyone that has gone with fake Lancet and 'Hollywood types' need to read a bit.

With that said, how hard is it to post a correct link?

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/robert-kennedy-jr-says-hes-accepted-job-offer-from-trump/ar-BBy7z6P

It was correct at the time, must have been temporary

jimnyc
01-10-2017, 07:10 PM

I am also pro vaccine. I DO have an issue with parents that outright refuse to vaccine their children.

With that said, I don't see ANYONE taking office and somehow ending the use of vaccines.

aboutime
01-10-2017, 07:15 PM

petey. Do you have any children? Or do you plan to have any children?

You sound like the typical Uninformed, Liberal, DNC member who always yells that Republicans are gonna starve children, and make Old people die in their wheelchairs.

YOU should grow a brain before bringing any more of your BS here. SAVE YOURSELF, and refuse to get any vax's for your children. You think life is short. You can make it shorter....all for YOU.

BoogyMan
01-10-2017, 07:53 PM
I am quite pro vaccine, but as an engineer I have to question ANY person who would discount the input of someone simply because they hold reservations about a particular focused topic.

It seems that Thiomersal is the root of Kennedy's concern with regard to SOME vaccines, not all. Thiomersal is an organomercury compound and it SHOULD cause us to take great care. Skepticism is, quite frankly, one of the roots of good science.

Kathianne
01-10-2017, 09:27 PM
I am also pro vaccine. I DO have an issue with parents that outright refuse to vaccine their children.

With that said, I don't see ANYONE taking office and somehow ending the use of vaccines.

It's not a matter of ending the use of vaccines, it's permission implied on parents choosing not to vaccinate their children, for fear that THEIR kid might have a reaction. Of course, if enough choose that, the herd immunity is gone, as has been seen in some parts of CA and WA. Then those fragile children, that cannot be immunized are at super risk.

jimnyc
01-10-2017, 09:41 PM
It's not a matter of ending the use of vaccines, it's permission implied on parents choosing not to vaccinate their children, for fear that THEIR kid might have a reaction. Of course, if enough choose that, the herd immunity is gone, as has been seen in some parts of CA and WA. Then those fragile children, that cannot be immunized are at super risk.

Anyone relying on Kennedy or Trump or ANYONE in the government, to make decisions for them pertaining to their safety or the safety of their child - is a big dum dum if you ask me. :)

I knew of vaccines my whole life, but only from my parents, school and doctor. When we had a child, the doctors are who told us what was best and when it was needed... as do the schools remind of dates needed as well. I'm not saying others don't, but I can't fathom someone seeing Kennedy in Washington and changing their minds.

He's also only chairing a commission (not that that's not important) - but I believe isn't it the FDA that determines the vaccines? I wouldn't listen to either of them 2 and their opinions on what foods and what other drugs are good for me either.

Kathianne
01-10-2017, 09:58 PM
Anyone relying on Kennedy or Trump or ANYONE in the government, to make decisions for them pertaining to their safety or the safety of their child - is a big dum dum if you ask me. :)

I knew of vaccines my whole life, but only from my parents, school and doctor. When we had a child, the doctors are who told us what was best and when it was needed... as do the schools remind of dates needed as well. I'm not saying others don't, but I can't fathom someone seeing Kennedy in Washington and changing their minds.

He's also only chairing a commission (not that that's not important) - but I believe isn't it the FDA that determines the vaccines? I wouldn't listen to either of them 2 and their opinions on what foods and what other drugs are good for me either.

Our parents grew up knowing friends, family that had polio, had died or were blinded from measles, become infertile due to mumps, had suffered from whooping cough, or had contracted tetanus. They weren't going to put their kids through any of those if they could avoid it or at best minimize the symptoms.

For the past 25 years, those having children likely know of no one that had those diseases. Small pox and polio have been eliminated, but the rest have made some comebacks.

First was the lie of Lancet. When retracted for false claims, others connected with 'conspiracy ideas' kept the stories going. Made its way to mainstream reporting, especially when picked up by pre-politician Trump and Kennedy. Magazines like Parents had articles by those that kept pushing the narrative.

So, a few of those who read about such concerns chose to not to vaccinate. Slowly it became the 'gluten free' cause of many young parents. At first they'd claim a religious exemption when trying to enroll their kids in schools, then it became big enough numbers that schools pretty much started looking away at the requirements. UNTIL, the herd immunity began to break down, as pediatricians were warning would happen.

Noir
01-11-2017, 09:17 AM
Good grief, great appointment :rolleyes:

jimnyc
01-11-2017, 12:50 PM
Good grief, great appointment :rolleyes:

Yes, a democrat nitwit, I agree. Should have left him where he belongs, on the left with you guys rolling his eyes as he always does. He's also a HUGE believer in global warming. I know, I know - good grief, the beliefs of this idiot.

jimnyc
01-11-2017, 12:54 PM
This is awesome reading forums around the web and news articles, and then watching the liberals whine and gnash their teeth about this guy - not aware that he's one of their own. Then in the places I've looked, once they're told he's a democrat, I don't see those folks replying after that! LOL

Noir
01-11-2017, 01:05 PM
This is awesome reading forums around the web and news articles, and then watching the liberals whine and gnash their teeth about this guy - not aware that he's one of their own. Then in the places I've looked, once they're told he's a democrat, I don't see those folks replying after that! LOL

Is vacation considered a party political policy is the states?

jimnyc
01-11-2017, 01:07 PM
Is vacation considered a party political policy is the states?

Wasn't referring to you ya big egghead!! I was speaking of other places I've been reading about this. As you know, many are outraged over ANYONE Trump nominates for anything. And of course many jumped all over this one. Many on the right, if not most, will disagree with this stance and appt. I disagree with it. Kennedy is an idiot.