PDA

View Full Version : Possible Russia Meddled With Both Sides-Just Released Clinton Info Though

Kathianne
01-10-2017, 05:44 PM
Does it matter? Is it ok now that Trump is elected?

http://www.cnn.com/2017/01/10/politics/donald-trump-intelligence-report-russia/index.html

Intel chiefs presented Trump with claims of Russian efforts to compromise himBy Evan Perez (http://www.cnn.com/profiles/evan-perez-profile), Jim Sciutto (http://www.cnn.com/profiles/jim-sciutto), Jake Tapper (http://www.cnn.com/profiles/jake-tapper-profile) and Carl Bernstein, CNN

Updated 5:15 PM ET, Tue January 10, 2017

(CNN)Classified documents presented last week to President Obama and President-elect Trump included allegations that Russian operatives claim to have compromising personal and financial information about Mr. Trump, multiple US officials with direct knowledge of the briefings tell CNN.

The allegations were presented in a two-page synopsis that was appended to a report on Russian interference in the 2016 election. The allegations came, in part, from memos compiled by a former British intelligence operative, whose past work US intelligence officials consider credible. The FBI is investigating the credibility and accuracy of these allegations, which are based primarily on information from Russian sources, but has not confirmed many essential details in the memos about Mr. Trump.

The classified briefings last week were presented by four of the senior-most US intelligence chiefs -- Director of National Intelligence James Clapper, FBI Director James Comey, CIA Director John Brennan, and NSA Director Admiral Mike Rogers.

One reason the nation's intelligence chiefs took the extraordinary step of including the synopsis in the briefing documents was to make the President-elect aware that such allegations involving him are circulating among intelligence agencies, senior members of Congress and other government officials in Washington, multiple sources tell CNN.

These senior intelligence officials also included the synopsis to demonstrate that Russia had compiled information potentially harmful to both political parties, but only released information damaging to Hillary Clinton and Democrats. This synopsis was not an official part of the report from the intelligence community case about Russian hacks, but some officials said it augmented the evidence that Moscow intended to harm Clinton's candidacy and help Trump's, several officials with knowledge of the briefings tell CNN.

The two-page synopsis also included allegations that there was a continuing exchange of information during the campaign between Trump surrogates and intermediaries for the Russian government, according to two national security officials.

Sources tell CNN that these same allegations about communications.

Elessar
01-10-2017, 06:00 PM
Does it matter? Is it ok now that Trump is elected?

http://www.cnn.com/2017/01/10/politics/donald-trump-intelligence-report-russia/index.html

Well....if the information is accurate, it is good to be aware such things have been done
and increase safeguards against them.

pete311
01-10-2017, 06:14 PM
I don't believe it changed the outcome, but never the less the gov needs to take cyber security extremely seriously

jimnyc
01-10-2017, 07:17 PM
I think Trump should have met with the top of the top intel guys prior to spouting off.

I DO believe Russia was involved - as far as perhaps propaganda, invading social media and other things... but until I see proof given - proof that the independent techies out there can review, I still believe that Russia was NOT the group who handed over emails to Wikileaks. But I admit I could be wrong - but I want evidence. I mean, what in the world could be harmed by proving it?

And me too - I DO NOT think this made any scratch in the outcome. No machines were touched. The stuff released SHOULD have been released - it was KARMA. Still to this day, more interested in Russia or Trump, and less so on what was in the emails and the rigging of the primaries and such.

Elessar
01-10-2017, 08:08 PM
I don't believe it changed the outcome, but never the less the gov needs to take cyber security extremely seriously

Yeah, but where are the halts taken?
This crap has gone on for 8 years.

The lame-duck administration has refused to do anything all along.
The technology is there...it just has to be implemented.

gabosaurus
01-10-2017, 10:03 PM
This should be interesting. No wonder Trump is playing lap dog to Putin. :cool:

http://www.smh.com.au/world/donald-trump-shown-claims-of-russian-efforts-to-compromise-him-cnn-20170110-gtp8qy.html

Among the compromising material - or "kompromat" - that Russian authorities had obtained on Mr Trump was a claim that he hired the presidential suite of the Ritz-Carlton hotel in Moscow where President Barack Obama and his wife, Michelle, had stayed during an official trip to Russia.

He hired prostitutes to perform a sex act commonly known as a "golden shower" on the bed where the Obamas had previously slept, the material read.

Little-Acorn
01-10-2017, 10:30 PM
Oh no!

You mean they somehow found out Trump made some comment about grabbing by the p*ssy? Or his hands are the wrong size? Or that some woman accused him to pressing against her too much? or etc.?

How on earth would they have found those things out?

It MUST have been secret, high-tech hacking, no other way they could have gotten that information.

The Russians must be scaring the bejeezus out of Trump now, threatening to make that info public if he doesn't do what they say.

Right?

aboutime
01-10-2017, 10:37 PM

http://www.smh.com.au/world/donald-trump-shown-claims-of-russian-efforts-to-compromise-him-cnn-20170110-gtp8qy.html

Sounds like more Wishful-Fantasy dreaming by gabby again. Jealous that nobody really takes anything she says seriously. So, she comes here to spread her KGB trash news, already made public..last year.

Convince yourself that all of your lies, fabrications, and dreams are real gabby. You owe it to yourself to SELF-GRATIFY, and make you feel the OBAMA TINGLE on your legs. Kinda got that WET SPOT feeling now???

Balu
01-10-2017, 11:30 PM

Thank you for the thread.
It really was interesting, especially for me, Russian, to find out what the Australians in Sydney think about Trump-Putin bunch and the attitude of Americans towards this. (I am not joking at all :rolleyes3:)
In the years of my youth I was very fond of science fiction. This article returned me back to that nice time. http://s20.rimg.info/0087e245783523af5f071c4136182f59.gif (http://smayliki.ru/smilie-1283233575.html)

Kathianne
01-11-2017, 12:01 AM
There may well be truth to these reports or not. This seems to be most reflective of my thinking on what may be the way things fall:

https://lawfareblog.com/about-explosive-trump-story-take-deep-breath

Fourth, it is significant that the document contains highly specific allegations, many of which are the kind of facts it should be possible to prove or disprove. This is a document about meetings that either took place or did not take place, stays in hotels that either happened or didn’t, travel that either happened or did not happen. It should be possible to know whether at least some of these allegations are true or false.

Finally, fifth, it is important to emphasize that this is not a case of the intelligence community leaking sensitive information about an investigative subject out of revenge or any other improper motive. This type of information, referencing sensitive sources and methods and the identities of U.S. persons, is typically treated by the intelligence community with the utmost care. And this material, in fact, does not come from the intelligence community; it comes, rather, from private intelligence documents put together by a company. It is actually not even classified.

Buzzfeed has the 'unsubstantiated' "facts". I'm not linking, I think it was insane of them to publish them.

I've read some though, mostly tipped off by Trump tweets and those supporting him. Bottom line, some or all are unlikely true, by publishing 'fake news' they've opened the door to all being brushed off as false, even if later shown not to be.

Balu
01-11-2017, 12:10 AM
I think Trump should have met with the top of the top intel guys prior to spouting off.

I DO believe Russia was involved - as far as perhaps propaganda, invading social media and other things... but until I see proof given - proof that the independent techies out there can review, I still believe that Russia was NOT the group who handed over emails to Wikileaks. But I admit I could be wrong - but I want evidence. I mean, what in the world could be harmed by proving it?

And me too - I DO NOT think this made any scratch in the outcome. No machines were touched. The stuff released SHOULD have been released - it was KARMA. Still to this day, more interested in Russia or Trump, and less so on what was in the emails and the rigging of the primaries and such.
A good and professional approach!
The common practice of the special services is: either the event is not a subject to publicity at all, or the service provide video evidence as the basis of the measures to be taken.
"Former adviser to former British Prime Minister Tony Blair acknowledged espionage against Russia using equipment disguised as a stone. The scandalous story happened 6 years ago. Then we were shown footage of the FSB operative shooting, in which the British embassy employees use a transmitter located in a Moscow park."

Gunny
01-11-2017, 12:19 AM
There may well be truth to these reports or not. This seems to be most reflective of my thinking on what may be the way things fall:

https://lawfareblog.com/about-explosive-trump-story-take-deep-breath

Buzzfeed has the 'unsubstantiated' "facts". I'm not linking, I think it was insane of them to publish them.

I've read some though, mostly tipped off by Trump tweets and those supporting him. Bottom line, some or all are unlikely true, by publishing 'fake news' they've opened the door to all being brushed off as false, even if later shown not to be.

Let's be real here ... I've grabbed women by the crotch and they have grabbed back. It never meant anything until the 90s. All this PC crap is annoying. I was a boy. She was a girl. We would wrestle in the yard. She was a tough little bird too. :laugh:

Who gives a crap? This is looking for an excuse to point a finger.

We're not supposed to like women anymore? I mean really ....

Kathianne
01-11-2017, 12:21 AM
Let's be real here ... I've grabbed women by the crotch and they have grabbed back. It never meant anything until the 90s. All this PC crap is annoying. I was a boy. She was a girl. We would wrestle in the yard. She was a tough little bird too. :laugh:

Who gives a crap? This is looking for an excuse to point a finger.

We're not supposed to like women anymore? I mean really ....

Actually this isn't that.

Kathianne
01-11-2017, 12:24 AM
threads merged, likely more is going to be added.

Gunny
01-11-2017, 12:37 AM
Actually this isn't that.

I'm going with what I read, ma'am. It's about being PC to me. I'm trying to leave the commie alone and let him say what he wants. That whole you knowing me since forever goes 2 ways. You KNOW what happens when I engage. I might be all jacked up. but I can still fight. Kinda weird but I'm running with it.

And you're a midget. :laugh:

Seriously, I just try to not get mad.

Kathianne
01-11-2017, 12:44 AM
I'm going with what I read, ma'am. It's about being PC to me. I'm trying to leave the commie alone and let him say what he wants. That whole you knowing me since forever goes 2 ways. You KNOW what happens when I engage. I might be all jacked up. but I can still fight. Kinda weird but I'm running with it.

And you're a midget. :laugh:

Seriously, I just try to not get mad.

This has to do with the CNN article and what has come out since. The CNN article is linked in OP, but many don't like to read them. My guess is it will be all over the news tomorrow or next day.

Meanwhile, Buzzfeed published 'unsubstantiated claims' that CNN and nearly all media chose, correctly, not to do.

Tonight this is breaking:

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-01-10/4chan-claims-have-fabricated-anti-trump-report-hoax

4Chan Claims To Have Fabricated Anti-Trump Report As A Hoax

Again, this is more related to the stuff Buzzfeed published, but it will have an effect.

Gunny
01-11-2017, 01:01 AM
This has to do with the CNN article and what has come out since. The CNN article is linked in OP, but many don't like to read them. My guess is it will be all over the news tomorrow or next day.

Meanwhile, Buzzfeed published 'unsubstantiated claims' that CNN and nearly all media chose, correctly, not to do.

Tonight this is breaking:

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-01-10/4chan-claims-have-fabricated-anti-trump-report-hoax

Again, this is more related to the stuff Buzzfeed published, but it will have an effect.

I'm sorry. I can't read all that anymore.

Kathianne
01-11-2017, 01:04 AM
I'm sorry. I can't read all that anymore.

No worries. Like I said, pretty sure this will all be on the regular news soon. Buzzfeed made a huge misstep here.

Gunny
01-11-2017, 01:15 AM
No worries. Like I said, pretty sure this will all be on the regular news soon. Buzzfeed made a huge misstep here.

Might not bother you. It bothers the sh*t out of me. I was a monster. Now I got a 5 foot nothing chicky poo taking care of me.

jimnyc
01-11-2017, 01:18 PM
Funny how many liberals feel instantly for the hoax "fake news" :lol:

jimnyc
01-11-2017, 01:20 PM

Sworn Trump enemy John McCain admits HE handed smear dossier to FBI

Sworn Donald Trump enemy John McCain admitted Wednesday that he passed the dossier of claims of a Russian blackmail plot against the president-elect.

The Arizona senator issued a public statement amid mounting questions of his exact role in the affair - and how a document riddled with errors and unverifiable claims came to be published.

'Late last year, I received sensitive information that has since been made public,' he said.

'Upon examination of the contents, and unable to make a judgment about their accuracy, I delivered the information to the Director of the FBI.

'That has been the extent of my contact with the FBI or any other government agency regarding this issue.'

But the 2008 Republican loser, who disowned his party's candidate weeks before the election, may have been far more intimately involved than that.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4108960/How-Trump-s-nemesis-John-McCain-kicked-Kremlin-memo-scandal-handing-dossier-FBI-sending-emissary-abroad-collect-it.html#ixzz4VTjNCP1h