PDA

View Full Version : CNN panics and releases statement

jimnyc
01-11-2017, 01:52 PM
Like another dodo here, CNN fell for fake news again and ran with it. And now that Trump has called them out, and refused to answer their questions at a presser, they are going to cover their butts... Which major news media relies SOLELY on "buzzfeed"? About a president no less. Idiots.

I get it though. They are all still hurting, and they WANT such things to be true, so no need to verify. :)

---

CNN Statement Distances Network from Buzzfeed Fake News Dossier

CNN has released a statement trying to distance their reports from BuzzFeed’s decision to publish unverifiable memos about to president-elect Donald Trump.
Midday Tuesday, CNN tweeted a full statement from their Twitter account saying,

CNN’s decision to publish carefully sourced reporting about the operations of our government is vastly different than BuzzFeed’s decision to publish unsubstantiated memos. The Trump team knows this. They are using BuzzFeed’s decision to deflect from CNN’s reporting, which has been matched by the other major news organisations.

The statement continues,

We are fully confident in our reporting. It represents the core of what the First Amendment protects, informing the people of the inner workings of their government; in this case, briefing materials prepared for President Obama and President-elect Trump last week. We made it clear that we were not publishing any of the details of the 35-page document because we have not corroborated the report’s allegations.

http://www.breitbart.com/2016-presidential-race/2017/01/11/cnn-distances-itself-from-buzzfeed-russia-claims/

NightTrain
01-11-2017, 07:15 PM
CNN and Buzzfeed got their asses severely chewed by Trump at that press conference.

I expect some gloating at rival news outfits after that, and it should be entertaining. :popcorn:

KarlMarx
01-11-2017, 07:19 PM
So Buzzfeed ran with unconfirmed, unvetted news stories about Trump. I guess the word "Journalistic Standards" comes to mind here or should I say the lack of them.

You know it's pretty pathetic when these people's hatred of Trump is so great that they are willing to publish, what amounts to, libel.

jimnyc
01-11-2017, 07:33 PM
So Buzzfeed ran with unconfirmed, unvetted news stories about Trump. I guess the word "Journalistic Standards" comes to mind here or should I say the lack of them.

You know it's pretty pathetic when these people's hatred of Trump is so great that they are willing to publish, what amounts to, libel.

AND then a few other agencies - like CNN running with it without any standards. Then you'll see some liberals post retarded things about the lame story, and no doubt they won't acknowledge anything...

darin
01-12-2017, 05:31 AM
AND then a few other agencies - like CNN running with it without any standards. Then you'll see some liberals post retarded things about the lame story, and no doubt they won't acknowledge anything...

As horny as they were to bow before Obama, they are that horny when they see anything that even remotely paints trump in a bad light; true or not.