PDA

View Full Version : Treasury Nominee Mnuchin’s Bank - “Widespread Misconduct”

revelarts
01-12-2017, 01:06 PM
Treasury Nominee Steve Mnuchin’s Bank Accused of “Widespread Misconduct”
in Leaked Memo
...The memo obtained by The Intercept alleges that OneWest rushed delinquent homeowners out of their homes by violating notice and waiting period statutes, illegally backdated key documents, and effectively gamed foreclosure auctions.

In the memo (https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/3250383-OneWest-Package-Memo.html), the leaders of the state attorney general’s Consumer Law Section said they had “uncovered evidence suggestive of widespread misconduct” in a yearlong investigation. In a detailed 22-page request, they identified over a thousand legal violations in the small subsection of OneWest loans they were able to examine, and they recommended that Attorney General Kamala Harris file a civil enforcement action against the Pasadena-based bank. They even wrote up a sample legal complaint, seeking injunctive relief and millions of dollars in penalties.

But Harris’s office, without any explanation, declined to prosecute the case....
https://theintercept.com/2017/01/03/...n-leaked-memo/ (https://theintercept.com/2017/01/03/treasury-nominee-steve-mnuchins-bank-accused-of-widespread-misconduct-in-leaked-memo/)

So the proposed new Treasury Sec is an un-prosecuted Crooked banker.
way to "drain the Swamp" there Mr Trumphttp://www.politicalwrinkles.com/images/smilies/rolleye0011.gif

And look the California AG that refused to follow through was a DEMOCRAT.
Do we really have to point out that BOTH the left and the right are working WITH the establishment rich elites? The Treasury Dept is Suppose to REGULATE the Banks, to keep them honest. Is this guy going to do that? Seriously? Heck did the Former CITI Bank Guys that OBAMA placed in the Treasury Sec post do anything about the predatory and corrupt bankers?
the honest answer is, No.
the American public is being PLAYED.
It's odd to me that some will sincerely assert that there's NOTHING wrong with this picture. and THEIR side are really the good guys and the other side are just biased and or stupid and blind and out to destroy america.

This is the most blatant case of hiring a suspected bank robber to be the chief over the police bank robbery unit.

but but but we should just give the guy a chance right? I know some bankers they aren't monsters, why should we even consider he might not be PERFECTLY honest and the BEST person for the job? When he goes into gov't he'll magically become honest and only work for the welfare of the American people ...just like every does. right?

revelarts
01-12-2017, 01:18 PM
and as preemptive strike on the reply that "he was never prosecuted for it " therefore he must be honest.
well it seems Snowden and Julian Assange were never prosecuted but some here assume they are guilty without trial or conviction because of public evidence and reports.
To the point of self righteously calling for their executions and even their assignations WITHOUT prosecution, trial or convictions.

All i'm saying is that there is Publicly available evidence that this Mnuchin guy is in fact a CROOKED BANKER and that he SHOULD NOT be the U.S. Sec of Treasury.
I think he should be tried ...and then convicted... not elevated to the TOP regulator/advisor for the Banks

jimnyc
01-12-2017, 01:23 PM
If no prosecution, and it's only leaks we're basing this off of.... I think he/they SHOULD be given the penalties.....

With that said, my goal in stating so isn't to blame the president elect for nominating him, especially short of any convictions. It's possible it was the bank more so than just him, but the man in charge should be responsible nonetheless.

With that said, one would think folks would learn from yesterday and "leaked memos" and what not. I'll wait for facts and any responses and such. I couldn't care less if he gets the gig or not, so if proven, make him disappear and nominate someone else. But I wouldn't base it on leaked stuff, nor would I blame Trump for not basing decisions on lack of facts.

jimnyc
01-12-2017, 01:24 PM
All i'm saying is that there is Publicly available evidence that this Mnuchin guy is in fact a CROOKED BANKER

There was publicly available evidence yesterday that Trump was into golden showers too...