PDA

View Full Version : Mad Dog gets the waiver

jimnyc
01-12-2017, 03:28 PM
I'm thrilled he did as I love this guy!!! And his reference to Russia, sure doesn't sound like he'll be sucking up to Trump.

-----

Defense secretary pick Mattis calls Russia top threat, says Iran deal will be enforced

Defense secretary nominee James Mattis on Thursday ranked Russia and the national debt as top threats to U.S. national security and said that President Obama’s nuclear deal with Iran was “imperfect” but must be enforced.

“It’s not a deal I would have signed,” the retired Marine general said in a wide-ranging Senate Armed Services Committee hearing focused on his virtually certain confirmation. “But when America gives her word, we have to live up to it and work with our allies.”

During a three-hour appearance before lawmakers who rarely challenged him, Mattis repeatedly criticized Russia, promised that President-elect Donald Trump would enforce NATO’s automatic mutual-defense agreement, and said he had no plans to roll back the role of women or LGBTQ Americans in the military. He also put some distance between himself and his frequently cited nickname, “Mad Dog.” which he is known to loathe if it is used by people other than the Marines who served under him in combat.

“I assure you that nickname was given to me by the press, and some of you may have experienced similar occasions with the press where perhaps they did not get it quite right,” Mattis said, to approving chuckles from his audience.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/defense-secretary-pick-mattis-says-russia-top-threat-will-enforce-iran-deal-185357939.html

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
01-12-2017, 03:36 PM
I'm thrilled he did as I love this guy!!! And his reference to Russia, sure doesn't sound like he'll be sucking up to Trump.

-----

Defense secretary pick Mattis calls Russia top threat, says Iran deal will be enforced

Defense secretary nominee James Mattis on Thursday ranked Russia and the national debt as top threats to U.S. national security and said that President Obama’s nuclear deal with Iran was “imperfect” but must be enforced.

“It’s not a deal I would have signed,” the retired Marine general said in a wide-ranging Senate Armed Services Committee hearing focused on his virtually certain confirmation. “But when America gives her word, we have to live up to it and work with our allies.”

During a three-hour appearance before lawmakers who rarely challenged him, Mattis repeatedly criticized Russia, promised that President-elect Donald Trump would enforce NATO’s automatic mutual-defense agreement, and said he had no plans to roll back the role of women or LGBTQ Americans in the military. He also put some distance between himself and his frequently cited nickname, “Mad Dog.” which he is known to loathe if it is used by people other than the Marines who served under him in combat.

“I assure you that nickname was given to me by the press, and some of you may have experienced similar occasions with the press where perhaps they did not get it quite right,” Mattis said, to approving chuckles from his audience.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/defense-secretary-pick-mattis-says-russia-top-threat-will-enforce-iran-deal-185357939.html

I like Mathis but completely disagree about us honoring that infantile , give away the bank deal , the worm obama made with Iran!
Iran is our enemy more so than Russia or N. Korea either one.
The obama crap will leave stench for decades to come methinks-- easily the worst Prez this nation has ever been cursed to have had!!-Tyr

jimnyc
01-12-2017, 03:44 PM
I liked his responses here too. :)

-----

How Gen. James Mattis Answered Democrat Questions on Gays and Women in the Military

Senate Democrats challenged Gen. James Mattis for his previous statements questioning the decision to allow gays to serve openly in the military and to allow women to serve in combat roles.
“Frankly, Senator, I’ve never cared much about two consenting adults and who they go to bed with,” Mattis replied, when pressed by Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand (D-NY) about homosexuals serving openly in the military.

“Do you believe that openly serving homosexuals along with women in combat units is undermining our force?” Gillibrand continued.

“Senator my belief is that we have to stay focused on a military that is so lethal that on the battlefield that it will be the enemy’s longest day and their worst day when they run into that force,” he said.

Mattis would not say that he changed his views, but said he had no interest in trying to roll back immediately the social policies that were enacted by previous administrations.

He advised that Washington bureaucrats should prepare military leaders to handle the consequences of their social directives.

“I believe that if we are going to execute policies like this, we had better train our leaders so they can handle all things that come from a policy decided in this town,” he said.

Mattis specified that he had hundreds of women under his command serving on the front lines in the Iraq war.

“I have no plans to oppose women in any aspect of our military,” he stated.

Missouri Democrat Sen. Clarie McCaskill questioned how committed Mattis would be to allowing men and women to serve together in combat.

Matts said that he would not change the physical standards required for serving in combat or the military.

“The standards are the standards and when people meet that standards that’s the end of the discussion of that,” he said.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2017/01/12/gen-james-mattis-answers-questions-on-gays-and-women-in-the-military/

darin
01-13-2017, 02:37 AM
That guy is highly effective. Ooorah or whatever.

aboutime
01-14-2017, 09:52 PM
I like Mathis but completely disagree about us honoring that infantile , give away the bank deal , the worm obama made with Iran!
Iran is our enemy more so than Russia or N. Korea either one.
The obama crap will leave stench for decades to come methinks-- easily the worst Prez this nation has ever been cursed to have had!!-Tyr

Tyr. Read it again. Mathis DID NOT HONOR that deal in any way. Remember. As Defense Secretary, he will operate at the Pleasure of the President.
No way DOES MATHIS like the Iran deal, or the TWO BILLION DOLLAR ransom Obama paid.

Kathianne
01-14-2017, 10:12 PM
If I understood Mattis correctly he was saying 'we honor our commitments' and will enforce the details of the agreement. Thus, while we may have the 'short end' on the deal, we will enforce the agreements Iran committed to also.

Gunny
01-15-2017, 02:59 AM
I liked his responses here too. :)

-----

How Gen. James Mattis Answered Democrat Questions on Gays and Women in the Military

Senate Democrats challenged Gen. James Mattis for his previous statements questioning the decision to allow gays to serve openly in the military and to allow women to serve in combat roles.
“Frankly, Senator, I’ve never cared much about two consenting adults and who they go to bed with,” Mattis replied, when pressed by Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand (D-NY) about homosexuals serving openly in the military.

“Do you believe that openly serving homosexuals along with women in combat units is undermining our force?” Gillibrand continued.

“Senator my belief is that we have to stay focused on a military that is so lethal that on the battlefield that it will be the enemy’s longest day and their worst day when they run into that force,” he said.

Mattis would not say that he changed his views, but said he had no interest in trying to roll back immediately the social policies that were enacted by previous administrations.

He advised that Washington bureaucrats should prepare military leaders to handle the consequences of their social directives.

“I believe that if we are going to execute policies like this, we had better train our leaders so they can handle all things that come from a policy decided in this town,” he said.

Mattis specified that he had hundreds of women under his command serving on the front lines in the Iraq war.

“I have no plans to oppose women in any aspect of our military,” he stated.

Missouri Democrat Sen. Clarie McCaskill questioned how committed Mattis would be to allowing men and women to serve together in combat.

Matts said that he would not change the physical standards required for serving in combat or the military.

“The standards are the standards and when people meet that standards that’s the end of the discussion of that,” he said.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2017/01/12/gen-james-mattis-answers-questions-on-gays-and-women-in-the-military/

F-in A. Someone I like. Marine general, huh? Must be in the blood.