PDA

View Full Version : Biden awarded presidential Medal of Freedom - I have no words...

Balu
01-12-2017, 08:58 PM
<cite class="el-editorial-source">Biden awarded presidential Medal of Freedom

(CNN)</cite>President Barack Obama surprised an emotional Vice President Joe Biden (http://www.cnn.com/2013/01/22/us/joe-biden-fast-facts/) Thursday by presenting him the Presidential Medal of Freedom, the nation's highest civilian honor, during a White House ceremony.

"For your faith in your fellow Americans, for your love of country and for your lifetime of service that will endure through the generations, I'd like to ask the military aide to join us on stage," Obama said in the ceremony. "For my final time as President, I am pleased to award our nation's highest civilian honor, the Presidential Medal of Freedom."
Biden, who appeared extremely emotional during the tribute and was seen tearing up, accepted the award but said he did not deserve it.
"This honor is not only well beyond what I deserve, but it's a reflection of the extent and generosity of your spirit," Biden said. "I don't deserve this but I know it came from the President's heart."
Biden confirms Obama, VP were briefed on unsubstantiated claims against Trump (http://www.cnn.com/2017/01/12/politics/joe-biden-donald-trump-intelligence-report/index.html)
Read More

Before surprising Biden with the award, Obama gave lengthy and colorful remarks praising Biden, his wife Dr. Jill Biden and his children and grandchildren.
"This is the kind of family that built this country," Obama said. "That's why my family is honored to call ourselves honorary Bidens."
Obama noted that while their term is almost over the two will be "forever binded as a family,"
"If you can't admire Joe Biden as a person you've got a problem," Obama said quoting a Republican senator. "He's as good a man as God ever created."
Biden, who was shocked by the entire gathering, said he had no "inkling" it was going to happen. The Vice President said he thought he was coming to toast senior staff with the first lady and his wife Jill Biden.

http://edition.cnn.com/2017/01/12/politics/biden-awarded-presidential-medal-of-freedom/index.html?sr=twCNN011217biden-awarded-presidential-medal-of-freedom1037PMVODtopVideo&linkId=33338322

Drummond
01-12-2017, 09:18 PM
<cite class="el-editorial-source">Biden awarded presidential Medal of Freedom

(CNN)</cite>President Barack Obama surprised an emotional Vice President Joe Biden (http://www.cnn.com/2013/01/22/us/joe-biden-fast-facts/) Thursday by presenting him the Presidential Medal of Freedom, the nation's highest civilian honor, during a White House ceremony.

"For your faith in your fellow Americans, for your love of country and for your lifetime of service that will endure through the generations, I'd like to ask the military aide to join us on stage," Obama said in the ceremony. "For my final time as President, I am pleased to award our nation's highest civilian honor, the Presidential Medal of Freedom."
Biden, who appeared extremely emotional during the tribute and was seen tearing up, accepted the award but said he did not deserve it.
"This honor is not only well beyond what I deserve, but it's a reflection of the extent and generosity of your spirit," Biden said. "I don't deserve this but I know it came from the President's heart."
Biden confirms Obama, VP were briefed on unsubstantiated claims against Trump (http://www.cnn.com/2017/01/12/politics/joe-biden-donald-trump-intelligence-report/index.html)
Read More

Before surprising Biden with the award, Obama gave lengthy and colorful remarks praising Biden, his wife Dr. Jill Biden and his children and grandchildren.
"This is the kind of family that built this country," Obama said. "That's why my family is honored to call ourselves honorary Bidens."
Obama noted that while their term is almost over the two will be "forever binded as a family,"
"If you can't admire Joe Biden as a person you've got a problem," Obama said quoting a Republican senator. "He's as good a man as God ever created."
Biden, who was shocked by the entire gathering, said he had no "inkling" it was going to happen. The Vice President said he thought he was coming to toast senior staff with the first lady and his wife Jill Biden.

http://edition.cnn.com/2017/01/12/politics/biden-awarded-presidential-medal-of-freedom/index.html?sr=twCNN011217biden-awarded-presidential-medal-of-freedom1037PMVODtopVideo&linkId=33338322

So, Obama is spending his final power-wielding days, using and abusing that power for the benefit of his friends ... whether or not they could've ever remotely deserved it. What a surprise. :rolleyes:

Balu, would you claim that authoritarian-heavy Russia never produces this phenomenon ? No Lefties have ever received favours or rewards to no good purpose or deserved merit, in or around the corridors of power in the Kremlin ?

Elessar
01-13-2017, 12:43 AM
Another cheapened award for someone who does merit it.

Participation Trophy. He did not do jack shit for this nation.!

Balu
01-13-2017, 01:02 AM
Another cheapened award for someone who does merit it.

Participation Trophy. He did not do jack shit for this nation.!
The fact that he was awarded by the worst American President a week before his departure devalues the award and makes the whole situation like a clownery.
All this is not solid. IMHO.

jimnyc
01-13-2017, 11:40 AM
Good, now he's got the freedom to retire and leave Washington with his buddy.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
01-13-2017, 01:06 PM
Whats next?
Does he give Peewee Herman a Purple-Heart or falling off his bike?
He is doing exactly like most libs/dems would do- give false praise and lying awards to friends/allies for nothing.
You know, build up their image and legacy. So they will in turn, continue to cover for him, in his corruption, lies, treason and stupidity.
ffing sickening...-Tyr

aboutime
01-13-2017, 09:21 PM
Good, now he's got the freedom to retire and leave Washington with his buddy.

Knowing how Obama actually felt about Numbnuts Biden, and how Joe witnessed a lot of things Obama HOPES he won't tell anybody after the 20th of January. Obama had to give Joe a parting gift that will guarantee his SILENCE.

To receive such a high honor from such a Liar, phony, and Wannabe President, also requires a NON-DISCLOSURE DOCUMENT...just like those with High Security Clearances must sign.
BLACKMAIL in it's PUREST, LITERAL Form from Obama....is what that award was, and is.

If anyone qualifies for having LOOSE LIPS....Joe does.