PDA

View Full Version : Cruising

Bilgerat
01-13-2017, 10:24 AM
My son (there are no "steps" between us) and his wife are into the "Cruising" Lifestyle. They can usually be found at least once a month sailing somewhere on a Carnival Ship, so I have been sort of following the Cruise lines "ambassador" for gits and shiggles.

Today he posts from the Carnival Pride as it approaches Cozumel;

I have met most of the guests and there are some great characters on this Journey cruise. Take a look at Tom. He retired after 41 years as a Master Command Sargent in the United States Army where strict rules always applied. He is now letting his hair down and indeed in Roatan yesterday he let some of his hair spring alive with colour. Thanks for your service Tom and thanks for being so much fun.

Seeing this next picture, I wonder what our CSM might think :laugh:

https://scontent-mia1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/16114084_1508679659174590_6196872491743279997_n.jp g?oh=129dd151ebd9e395913e76afa6b1d520&oe=58D8B00A

CSM
01-13-2017, 10:28 AM
First, I have no idea what the hell a "Master Command Sergeant" is ...

Second, methinks Tom either has a very aggressive grand daughter or he is really a '60s hippie/flower child trying to pass himself off as something he is not.

Bilgerat
01-13-2017, 10:47 AM
First, I have no idea what the hell a "Master Command Sergeant" is ...

Second, methinks Tom either has a very aggressive grand daughter or he is really a '60s hippie/flower child trying to pass himself off as something he is not.

To be fair, the "Ambassador" is a Brit. As such, he could easily become confused in the terminology

Given your response, I lean toward the "very aggressive grand daughter" theory.
That being stated, my granddaughters would not be able to coerce me into doing so :coffee:

CSM
01-13-2017, 10:52 AM
To be fair, the "Ambassador" is a Brit. As such, he could easily become confused in the terminology

Given your response, I lean toward the "very aggressive grand daughter" theory.
That being stated, my granddaughters would not be able to coerce me into doing so :coffee:

lol...being the good natured individual that I am, I prefer to believe that a mistranslation of "Comand Sergeant Major" has occurred.

Abbey Marie
01-14-2017, 01:34 PM
Lol, simple explanation: crafts day on the cruise, and a few too many Margaritas.

:coffee:

Bilgerat
01-14-2017, 04:20 PM
Lol, simple explanation: crafts day on the cruise, and a few too many Margaritas.

:coffee:

On the Lad's Wedding Cruise, the Lady and I bought into the drink package.

We were having something "blue" that day, and I will NEVER do that again :laugh: