PDA

View Full Version : Admins: Where is this message posted from?

tailfins
01-14-2017, 06:35 PM
I'm curious what city is indicated by your system.

Elessar
01-14-2017, 07:55 PM

You really don't want that revealed in the open do you?

If so give me your E-mail address and I will tell you.

jimnyc
01-14-2017, 08:00 PM

I assume it's because he's traveling and wants to check, so no issues sharing....

I guess I was correct in my guess earlier - the IP of your post traces back to the one and only - CUBA!

Gunny
01-15-2017, 02:52 AM

First off. this is not an appropriate way to address an issue with the board. You can PM the admins. Or mods. Whichever suits you.

Second, if you don't think the admins know who you are and where you are from, you're not all that bright. They can track your IP and there are several tools to do it and they can uncover masked IPs. SO don't go trying to fool yourself into some false sense of security.

Third jimnyc I could have told you he was from the Caribbean/South/Central America. Cubans are distinct in their behavior. Also, if you listen to the places he goes, there ain't a lot white boys hanging around.

tailfins
01-15-2017, 01:13 PM
I assume it's because he's traveling and wants to check, so no issues sharing....

I guess I was correct in my guess earlier - the IP of your post traces back to the one and only - CUBA!

Does it detail down to Santa Clara or Villa Clara. I'm just curious about what information is emitted from this connection. If it bothers you, I can ask a different message board.

By the way, I tried to look at Drudge Report and was blocked. Now I will test if I'm being monitored:

Thank you Fidel..... for dying.
Gracias Fidel .... para morir.

Gunny
01-15-2017, 03:28 PM
Does it detail down to Santa Clara or Villa Clara. I'm just curious about what information is emitted from this connection. If it bothers you, I can ask a different message board.

By the way, I tried to look at Drudge Report and was blocked. Now I will test if I'm being monitored:

Thank you Fidel..... for dying.
Gracias Fidel .... para morir.

An IP tracker traces your IP to your server/internet provider. If you mask your IP, that's easy to figure out as well.

As far as your personal info, that one you'll have to ask someone else. I tracked IPs for a reason ... but it was not to dig into people's lives.

aboutime
01-15-2017, 04:01 PM
I'm not afraid to disclose my IP address. Choose a state, choose a country. Actually, if you have any Internet experience. Most people know, there are possibly Thousands of Servers YOUR SIGNAL/EMAIL may go through, each, and every time you are at your keyboard. System Sharing...depending on time of day, and usage decides.

Gunny
01-15-2017, 04:43 PM
I'm not afraid to disclose my IP address. Choose a state, choose a country. Actually, if you have any Internet experience. Most people know, there are possibly Thousands of Servers YOUR SIGNAL/EMAIL may go through, each, and every time you are at your keyboard. System Sharing...depending on time of day, and usage decides.

I don't get caught up in it. I used tracking software when I was running boards. Not my role on this one.