PDA

View Full Version : Trump promising universal health care?

gabosaurus
01-16-2017, 12:27 AM
Wow, never saw this one coming. Have to wonder how Congress will respond.

http://nypost.com/2017/01/15/trump-promises-insurance-for-everybody/

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/trump-vows-insurance-for-everybody-in-obamacare-replacement-plan/2017/01/15/5f2b1e18-db5d-11e6-ad42-f3375f271c9c_story.html?hpid=hp_rhp-top-table-main_trump-interview-822pm:homepage/story&utm_term=.b96c7320dab0

President-elect Donald Trump said in a weekend interview that he is nearing completion of a plan to replace President Obama’s signature health-care law with the goal of “insurance for everybody,” while also vowing to force drug companies to negotiate directly with the government on prices in Medicare and Medicaid.

Trump warned Republicans that if the party splinters or slows his agenda, he is ready to use the power of the presidency — and Twitter — to usher his legislation to passage.
“The Congress can’t get cold feet because the people will not let that happen,”

Noir
01-16-2017, 09:17 AM
“The Congress can’t get cold feet because the people will not let that happen,”

Thats a curious statement, will follow this with interest.

fj1200
01-16-2017, 10:39 AM
Sounds like a bunch of conservative, swamp-draining solutions. :rolleyes:

pete311
01-16-2017, 12:32 PM
"use the power of Twitter" - what a time we live in

Gunny
01-16-2017, 01:17 PM
"use the power of Twitter" - what a time we live in

To do what exactly? Social media has dumbed this country down so far it's pathetic. You lefties whine and cry on it like little babies and/or attack others because you don't have to suffer the consequences of your actions. The epitome of taking no responsibility. If half the people I've ran into on the internet even had the stones to talk to me in real life like they do on the net they'd be visiting the dentist.

Your sense of entitlement does NOT impress. Your inability to process fact does NOT impress.

On a side note, are you as miserable and negative in real life as you are on the net? Take a happy pill or something. It won't break your ass to say something nice. The people around you are more important than the swill the media puts in your head. You keep coming back here and we always welcome you back (before someone jumps in your ass). Think about it. And you can't accuse ME of doing jack to you except what I say, in public, manning the line. Your issue(s) with others is between you and them.

But damn dude, even I smile. Try it.

Black Diamond
01-16-2017, 03:25 PM
He said everyone will be covered. Quite ambiguous.

Elessar
01-16-2017, 08:17 PM
I'll be interested to see if the Democrats in Congress push to exempt themselves from registering like
they did with the ACA.

hjmick
01-16-2017, 08:23 PM
I predict he won't be the President the people who voted for him expected...

Gunny
01-16-2017, 09:44 PM

He's going to get his shot from me like everyone else has. If he turns out to be just another colossal screw up, he'll have me on his a$$ like white on rice just like the rest. I'll at least until he screws up before I start running my suck though ...

EXCEPT to say ... He is as unqualified to be President as Obama. The skills he brings to the table do NOT match the requirements for the job.

Elessar
01-16-2017, 10:35 PM
I say give him a chance to prove his mettle.

We've been faced with career politicians for years now and might be spoiled with it.

Carter was a governor.
Ford was a Speaker of the House.
GHWB was a diplomat and career official.
Bill Clinton was a governor.
GWB was a governor.
Obama was a weak state senator, and a "present" voting U.S. Senator.

Might be high time for fresh blood.

Gunny
01-16-2017, 10:50 PM
I say give him a chance to prove his mettle.

We've been faced with career politicians for years now and might be spoiled with it.

Carter was a governor.
Ford was a Speaker of the House.
GHWB was a diplomat and career official.
Bill Clinton was a governor.
GWB was a governor.
Obama was a weak state senator, and a "present" voting U.S. Senator.

Might be high time for fresh blood.

I could tear that list apart. I think Trump is going to be a Carter Pt 2. An independent with little party support. And don't get me wrong ... I will all up the GOP's butts if they don't support him. BUT ... the one thing Republcans will stand up to and screw over is their own. Now they have an outsider? We shall see.

On the other hand, my other job was commercial construction. I KNOW how people like Trump think. Their bottom line is $, We'll see where this ends up soon enough.

Noir
01-17-2017, 08:18 AM

Sure he will be, well, atleast for the people who voted 'not for Hillary'. They got not Hillary.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
01-17-2017, 09:49 AM
Sure he will be, well, at least for the people who voted 'not for Hillary'. They got not Hillary.
Well, getting-- "not Hillary "- is a positive unless Trump turns out to be worse!
The odds on that happening are at least 10,000 to 1, against it.
Myself, I like those odds and if people would understand this- Every President we have had has been human!
Not one has been a saint and not one has been perfect.... and only the obama has been a god--:rolleyes:
I say we wait until he has done a royal mess before we accuse him of having done so...
One never knows if the stew tastes good until after one actually tastes it!--Tyr

fj1200
01-17-2017, 10:03 AM
He said everyone will be covered. Quite ambiguous.

This is ambiguous?

President-elect Donald Trump said in a weekend interview that he is nearing completion of a plan to replace President Obama’s signature health-care law with the goal of “insurance for everybody,” while also vowing to force drug companies to negotiate directly with the government on prices in Medicare and Medicaid.

Noir
01-17-2017, 10:22 AM
Well, getting-- "not Hillary "- is a positive unless Trump turns out to be worse!
The odds on that happening are at least 10,000 to 1, against it.
Myself, I like those odds and if people would understand this- Every President we have had has been human!
Not one has been a saint and not one has been perfect.... and only the obama has been a god--:rolleyes:
I say we wait until he has done a royal mess before we accuse him of having done so...
One never knows if the stew tastes good until after one actually tastes it!--Tyr

Poor analogy is poor, but heyho, looks like universal healthcare is here to stay.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
01-17-2017, 10:43 AM
Poor analogy is poor, but heyho, looks like universal healthcare is here to stay.

Not so poor my friend, I am still cooking and have not yet added in the meat and the much needed salt! ;)--Tyr

Noir
01-17-2017, 12:45 PM
Not so poor my friend, I am still cooking and have not yet added in the meat and the much needed salt! ;)--Tyr

Have you added the poisonous mushrooms yet?
Dont prejugde until you've tasted! ;)

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
01-17-2017, 12:54 PM
Have you added the poisonous mushrooms yet?
Dont prejugde until you've tasted! ;)

haha. No bad mushrooms, I reserve those only for truly bad people-- you do not qualify as such. ;)
I taste my own cooking only after the salt and final spices have been added my friend.
Which were added in sparingly, as one can not remove such but can easily add in more if needed..Tyr

Noir
01-17-2017, 01:04 PM
haha. No bad mushrooms, I reserve those only for truly bad people-- you do not qualify as such. ;)
I taste my own cooking only after the salt and final spices have been added my friend.
Which were added in sparingly, as one can not remove such but can easily add in more if needed..Tyr

Dancing around the failure of your analogy rather flamboyantly I see.
The detail is that both Trump Stew and Clinton Pie recipes contained poisonous ingredients, and so it is not about the taste, and never could be about the taste. Unless you have an appetite for misery.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
01-17-2017, 01:18 PM
Dancing around the failure of your analogy rather flamboyantly I see.
The detail is that both Trump Stew and Clinton Pie recipes contained poisonous ingredients, and so it is not about the taste, and never could be about the taste. Unless you have an appetite for misery.

Sad to see that you have missed the intended point.
The stew you proclaim is poisonous, has yet to be cooked by President Trump.
So jumping the gun about the end results being a huge disaster seems a bit premature, eh?
I DANCE ONLY WHEN HOLDING ONTO A BEAUTIFUL LADY.
MY BEAUTIFUL WIFE IS SLEEPING AND THIS KEYBOARD DOES NOT FIT THE BILL..-TYR

Noir
01-17-2017, 01:24 PM
So jumping the gun about the end results being a huge disaster seems a bit premature, eh?

I can look at the history of Stew and Pies made by Clinton and Trump to see what ingredients they bring to the table time and time again- spoilier, it ain't good news.

Anways this line of thought's been taken a few posts too many.

Gunny
01-17-2017, 05:42 PM

I'm thinking catching analogies/plays on words isn't his strong suit. Probably thinks you were making spaghetti. :laugh:

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
01-17-2017, 05:56 PM
I'm thinking catching analogies/plays on words isn't his strong suit. Probably thinks you were making spaghetti. :laugh:

I AM NOT A SPAGHETTI MAKER.
However, I do make awesome stews , chili and meat and vegetable soups.
Dynamite at over a dozen scramble eggs recipes.
I thought my post was rather clear in its primary point being made. I guess when one is thought to be a redneck Southern trash/hillbilly-
expecting others to see a point not made by a full frontal assault is useless.
Maybe his missing it was a deliberate strategy? -Tyr

Gunny
01-17-2017, 06:05 PM
I AM NOT A SPAGHETTI MAKER.
However, I do make awesome stews , chili and meat and vegetable soups.
Dynamite at over a dozen scramble eggs recipes.
I thought my post was rather clear in its primary point being made. I guess when one is thought to be a redneck Southern trash/hillbilly-
expecting others to see a point not made by a full frontal assault is useless.
Maybe his missing it was a deliberate strategy? -Tyr

Need to have you over for some home-made spaghetti. :)

I'd say some literary skills are missing in the ingredients here. Just try to remember people who speak proper English do not process info the same way we do while you spanking little boy blue's butt. :laugh: