View Full Version : Police: Handcuffs scarred adoptees' wrists

nevadamedic
08-01-2007, 02:44 PM
Story Highlights

Abuse charges filed against Florida woman who adopted 11 kids
Wrists of teens and young adults bore scars from handcuffs, investigators say
Judith Leekin held on $4 million bail; she allegedly made money from adoptions
None of the children had more than a 4th grade education, officials say

Port St. Lucie police say she held the children like prisoners in her home, often handcuffing them together and not allowing them to use a bathroom. The children, who now range in age from 15 to 27, told police they were never allowed to attend school, see a doctor or a dentist and were barely fed.

http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/08/01/kids.abused.ap/index.html

This bitch should be put to Death treating children like that, especially special needs children. It is shit like this that makes me sick. I hope she never get's out of prison at the very least.

PostmodernProphet
08-01-2007, 05:39 PM
I am confused....it says she adopted the kids from New York and did it to get $55 a day from NYC.....she lives in Florida....why would NYC continue her on the program once she moved to Florida?

nevadamedic
08-01-2007, 05:45 PM
I am confused....it says she adopted the kids from New York and did it to get $55 a day from NYC.....she lives in Florida....why would NYC continue her on the program once she moved to Florida?

I have no idea, I was wondering that as well.

Kathianne
08-01-2007, 05:48 PM
Hey, plenty of New Yorkers vote in NY and FL., so why not this?

nevadamedic
08-01-2007, 06:25 PM

That's illegal to vote twice............

PostmodernProphet
08-01-2007, 08:51 PM

because if she is living in Florida, obviously NYC is not going to be monitering the care she was getting paid to provide......that's a major screw up in the system....

nevadamedic
08-01-2007, 08:56 PM
because if she is living in Florida, obviously NYC is not going to be monitering the care she was getting paid to provide......that's a major screw up in the system....

Also at the time the article said that they didn't fingerprint, which means that they couldn't do an accurate background and someone can use different alias's.

actsnoblemartin
08-03-2007, 03:47 AM
I hate people like that. Burning in hell is what she deserves.

Story Highlights

Abuse charges filed against Florida woman who adopted 11 kids
Wrists of teens and young adults bore scars from handcuffs, investigators say
Judith Leekin held on $4 million bail; she allegedly made money from adoptions
None of the children had more than a 4th grade education, officials say

Port St. Lucie police say she held the children like prisoners in her home, often handcuffing them together and not allowing them to use a bathroom. The children, who now range in age from 15 to 27, told police they were never allowed to attend school, see a doctor or a dentist and were barely fed.

http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/08/01/kids.abused.ap/index.html

This bitch should be put to Death treating children like that, especially special needs children. It is shit like this that makes me sick. I hope she never get's out of prison at the very least.