PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Else Watching The Pre-Inaugural Festivities?

Kathianne
01-19-2017, 05:13 PM
Just heard Lee Greenwood, "God Bless The USA".

CSM
01-19-2017, 06:08 PM
YEP I am indeed

Kathianne
01-19-2017, 06:17 PM
YEP I am indeed

I really enjoyed 'The Piano Guys.' What's not to like about Toby Keith? I always love the Army Band.

Good fireworks!

NightTrain
01-19-2017, 06:25 PM
Yup.

One hell of a turnout!

Kathianne
01-19-2017, 06:31 PM
Yup.

One hell of a turnout!

Certainly was.

If his presidency comes anywhere close to the fireworks display, all will be well. ;)

aboutime
01-19-2017, 07:05 PM
Great to see so much of what most of us were used to...before Obama.

Toby, the Piano Guys, and that man who sang "AMERICA" like RAY CHARLES once did, was a real tear jerker here in our home.

If you haven't yet been to Washington, and stood facing LINCOLN in the Memorial. You need to put it on your BUCKET LIST (if you have one), then go 100 yards to the North, and pay your respects to the "WALL".
There are little more than 58,000 Names on that Black Wall who will be glad to see you.:flyflag::salute:

Gunny
01-20-2017, 12:48 AM
Pre inauguration festivities. Y'all actually watch that crap? I'd rather talk to Noir about his garden.:laugh:

KarlMarx
01-20-2017, 06:03 AM
Just heard Lee Greenwood, "God Bless The USA".

Unfortunately, I am working today, so I will be unable to watch

But, I did do a happy dance when I woke up this morning (yeah, don't try to imagine that, it's too gruesome)

God Bless the USA!

Drummond
01-20-2017, 10:06 AM
Not currently possible, over here in the UK. TV coverage on the Inauguration starts at 3pm, our time (GMT) ... in fact, just about now, as I type.

As for what has been screened ... apart from the usual news coverage, only to be expected ... a certain gem from the BBC. They've broadcast it and rebroadcast it several times, and this was done yet again in the early hours of this morning.

It's ... a hatchet job on Trump, trying to make a circumstantial case to suggest that Trump is in the pocket of the Kremlin. That there are Russian Mafia connections ... that Trump will not be his 'own man' in the White House because of Russia's influence on him. [It's part of a very long-standing supposedly 'reputable' offering from their 'Panorama' team; Panorama has been part of their investigative reporting set-up for decades. The title of the broadcast is .. 'Trump: the Kremlin's Candidate ?']

That's the disgusting BBC for you ... indicative of just how determined our own (from your POV, overseas) media is to demonise Trump any way they can, and to continue to poison any perceptions we may have of him. Permanently.

Noir
01-20-2017, 12:33 PM
Yup.

One hell of a turnout!

Really? I'd heard there was only around 10,000 in attendance which I thought was low for this kind of event. But maybe that wasn't a final numbe idk.

Drummond
01-20-2017, 12:55 PM
Really? I'd heard there was only around 10,000 in attendance which I thought was low for this kind of event. But maybe that wasn't a final numbe idk.

Good God.

OK, you're a Leftie, so you'll be looking for excuses to snipe. But, really .... this reeks of desperation.

I've just watched Trump giving his inaugural speech. An excellent one, in my opinion (if not in yours). I feel supremely confident that America is now in safe hands and will do great things in the next few years.

America - congratulations on your good fortune !!

Elessar
01-20-2017, 01:33 PM
Well, it is high time to think positive and give this man his due.

100 days of watching him and scrutinizing his moves and decisions - and results
is in order.

Noir
01-20-2017, 02:44 PM
Good God.

OK, you're a Leftie, so you'll be looking for excuses to snipe. But, really .... this reeks of desperation.

I've just watched Trump giving his inaugural speech. An excellent one, in my opinion (if not in yours). I feel supremely confident that America is now in safe hands and will do great things in the next few years.

America - congratulations on your good fortune !!

just calling it as it is, is 10,000 a large crowd for this kind of event? I mean that's what you'd expect at a small arena concert. Was 10,000 max capacity?

NightTrain
01-20-2017, 02:51 PM
http://www.debatepolicy.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=9635&stc=1

CSM
01-20-2017, 03:01 PM
http://www.debatepolicy.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=9635&stc=1

Yeah, it's amazing how some will outright do ANYTHING to distort the truth....

jimnyc
01-20-2017, 03:26 PM
Forecast of rain, and then the actual rain probably didn't help folks want to come out, nor the threat of violence - and then the actual violence the left brought.

With that said, why in the world does it matter how many showed up for either the pre event or the inauguration? The numbers that mattered were the electoral votes. Having less numbers than Obama at these events won't stop the change that is coming in the slightest bit whatsoever.

Kathianne
01-20-2017, 03:28 PM
Forecast of rain, and then the actual rain probably didn't help folks want to come out, nor the threat of violence - and then the actual violence the left brought.

With that said, why in the world does it matter how many showed up for either the pre event or the inauguration? The numbers that mattered were the electoral votes. Having less numbers than Obama at these events won't stop the change that is coming in the slightest bit whatsoever.

It doesn't. Needless to say this wasn't an inauguration I'd have planned a trip for, but huge numbers did. Obama, like Kennedy, had the 'first' deal going for him. First Black President was something all could celebrate, even if they didn't like the man. It's part of the reason for his approval ratings being high, while the 'issues' folks do not agree with.

jimnyc
01-20-2017, 03:31 PM
It doesn't. Needless to say this wasn't an inauguration I'd have planned a trip for, but huge numbers did. Obama, like Kennedy, had the 'first' deal going for him. First Black President was something all could celebrate, even if they didn't like the man. It's part of the reason for his approval ratings being high, while the 'issues' folks do not agree with.

No doubt there were a lot less numbers for this inauguration. I wouldn't have minded attending. But the bad weather, add in the amount of unprecedented security that was announced, and then the threats of massive protests and violence.... just didn't sound like a place to be. Much better seats, and much warmer and dryer, right at home in front of my tv. :)

aboutime
01-20-2017, 07:34 PM

Noir. Turns out. The only one here who sounds the most foolish, and full of crap, is you. If you need to insist only 10,000 showed up. Fine, and Thanks once again for showing the rest of us how ABSOLUTELY liberally, mentally deranged you either are, or want us to believe you are.

Bet you always see glasses as HALF EMPTY too!

Kathianne
01-20-2017, 08:14 PM

Obama 2009 was estimated at 1.9 million. 2nd was half of that. Trump's estimate is 900k.

http://heavy.com/news/2017/01/how-many-people-attended-donald-trump-inauguration-vs-barack-obama-bill-clinton-george-w-bush-numbers-attendance-photos/

Noir
01-21-2017, 06:39 AM
Trump's estimate is 900k.

Thats a lot more like what I was expecting, 10k was apparently for the concert tho? Rather that the actual inauguration, I'm not sure how those numbers compare.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
01-21-2017, 10:13 AM
Obama 2009 was estimated at 1.9 million. 2nd was half of that. Trump's estimate is 900k.

http://heavy.com/news/2017/01/how-many-people-attended-donald-trump-inauguration-vs-barack-obama-bill-clinton-george-w-bush-numbers-attendance-photos/

I imagine Trump could have gotten another million to attend if he was announcing billion dollar give away programs and other goodies, cellphones etc--like the dog obama did. Reckon??
Although that additional million would not have been the kind of responsible and decent citizens he would want.. hmmm..
I get the feeling that Trump frowns upon such leeches, much the same way that I do... as they and their constant vote selling(always to dems) has lead this nation down a very destructive path. Fact..-Tyr