PDA

View Full Version : Insurers can block anyone with preexisting conditions

gabosaurus
01-22-2017, 05:27 PM
As part of a 51-48 vote to eliminate Obamacare, Senate Republicans blocked an amendment that would have made it harder to take away coverage from Americans with preexisting medical conditions. Since Trump has vowed to eliminate the VA and turn over coverage to private insurers and health care agencies, this means an veteran with a past medical problem (injuries or other ailments) can be denied health coverage.

Black Diamond
01-22-2017, 05:35 PM
As part of a 51-48 vote to eliminate Obamacare, Senate Republicans blocked an amendment that would have made it harder to take away coverage from Americans with preexisting medical conditions. Since Trump has vowed to eliminate the VA and turn over coverage to private insurers and health care agencies, this means an veteran with a past medical problem (injuries or other ailments) can be denied health coverage.
Given your hatred of veterans, you should be applauding.

Russ
01-22-2017, 05:43 PM

Trump does not want to eliminate the VA. The best way I can describe that statement is "incorrect". Hillary said during a debate that she "heard that Trump wants to eliminate the VA", but that was just debate chicanery on her part.

I don't know what you're talking about regarding the implication that Republicans want to make it easier to take away coverage for people with preexisting conditions, but I'm somewhat skeptical about it. Please post a link that will allow us to check out what you're referring to.

Bilgerat
01-22-2017, 05:43 PM
Forgive my questioning, but aren't Veterans eligible for care at the VA?

Black Diamond
01-22-2017, 05:46 PM
Trump does not want to eliminate the VA. The best way I can describe that statement is "incorrect". Hillary said during a debate that she "heard that Trump wants to eliminate the VA", but that was just debate chicanery on her part.

I don't know what you're talking about regarding the implication that Republicans want to make it easier to take away coverage for people with preexisting conditions, but I'm somewhat skeptical about it. Please post a link that will allow us to check out what you're referring to.
You're just sexist. Hillary didn't lie. She's incapable of it. All her lies are not lies at all. It's all a right wing conspiracy.

Bilgerat
01-22-2017, 05:48 PM

Indeed, President Trump has NOT stated he wants to be rid of the VA, rather he wants to speed up the process by allowing Vets to get care outside the system (at the EXPENSE of the VA) if the VA can't be expeditious.

Black Diamond
01-22-2017, 05:48 PM

There are no links in her anal cavity.

Bilgerat
01-22-2017, 05:49 PM
You're just sexist. Hillary didn't lie. She's incapable of it. All her lies are not lies at all. It's all a right wing conspiracy.

​You forgot "vast" right wing conspiracy, and a Russian Plot. :laugh:

GravyBoat
01-22-2017, 06:11 PM
Given your hatred of veterans, you should be applauding.

As a service-disabled veteran, I can say with all sincerity, because it's been my experience that, the country hates the disabled, disabled veterans are the most hated, and veterans hate disabled veterans the most.

The VA won't be eliminated, it'll simply be privatized in a such a way that a well-connected elite gets a lion's share of those public funds. Sen. John McCain for decades has wanted to give service-disabled veterans a Medicare type benefit, to allow veterans care within their communities, not at some government reservation oftentimes hundreds of miles away that provides malpractice as a standard level of care. That won't ever happen.

The VA stinks because the United States Federal Government is a heap of rubbish. And there's nothing that can be done at this point to apply a fix, Donald Trump and his Cabinet are too religiously superstitious to ever do the right thing, we might as well have a voodoo doctor running the show.