PDA

View Full Version : This Is A Surprise From SNL/NBC

Kathianne
01-23-2017, 06:46 PM
It's said she was suspended immediately, if so, good on them. He's only 10 years old. Good on Chelsea too!

http://abc7chicago.com/news/snl-writer-suspended-for-tweet-about-barron-trump/1716951/

'SNL' WRITER SUSPENDED FOR TWEET ABOUT BARRON TRUMP

<time class="timeago" datetime="2017-01-23T22:19:27Z" title="Monday, January 23, 2017 04:19PM" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-style: inherit; font-variant: inherit; font-weight: inherit; font-stretch: inherit; font-size: inherit; line-height: inherit; font-family: inherit; vertical-align: baseline; box-sizing: border-box;">Updated 1 hr 25 mins ago</time>
NEW YORK --
A "Saturday Night Live" writer has been suspended indefinitely after tweeting a poorly received joke about Donald Trump's 10-year-old youngest son, Barron.

A person familiar with the situation but not authorized to speak publicly tells The Associated Press that Katie Rich was suspended immediately after writing an offensive tweet about the child. An outcry on social media followed, with many calling for a boycott of the TV show.

Rich later deleted the tweet, deactivated her account but then reactivated it Monday, saying she wanted to "sincerely apologize" for the "insensitive" tweet and "deeply regret" her actions.

NBC had no comment.

Barron found support from Chelsea Clinton, with the former first daughter saying he "deserves the chance every child does - to be a kid."
<time class="timeago" datetime="2017-01-23T22:19:27Z" title="Monday, January 23, 2017 04:19PM" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-style: inherit; font-variant: inherit; font-weight: inherit; font-stretch: inherit; font-size: inherit; line-height: inherit; font-family: inherit; vertical-align: baseline; box-sizing: border-box;">Updated 1 hr 25 mins ago</time>
NEW YORK --

Bilgerat
01-23-2017, 06:51 PM
"Suspended"

Not Gone, just a little time out. So suspect a quiet, quick return

NightTrain
01-23-2017, 06:52 PM
That's a good start, but termination is needed. Hopefully they follow through and axe her.

Kathianne
01-23-2017, 06:57 PM
I don't expect miracles. Just pleasantly surprised at them doing the right thing so quickly. No defense.

aboutime
01-23-2017, 06:58 PM
Everyone knows. If, by chance. That writer for SNL happened to be a Republican, and said something like she did about a DEMOCRAT. NBC probably would have instantly FIRED her. Liberal Tolerance...or what they call it, only applies to those with whom they AGREE. So....NBC didn't fire her.

Elessar
01-23-2017, 07:50 PM
I've said it over and over. Leave the kids out of this adult bullshit.

I did not care for the Clintons but never once said a thing about Chelsea.
I do not care for the Obamas, but never said a thing about those little girls.

liberals that attack a kid are lower-gutter scum.

liberal media attacked GWB's daughters,
they attacked Palin's kids.

You don't see Fox doing that crap.

Black Diamond
01-23-2017, 07:52 PM

Rosie is at it again, too.

Elessar
01-23-2017, 10:05 PM
Rosie is at it again, too.

She is a wasteful piece of shit. No talent, just a fat ass
and big mouth.

She thinks she is important. Would be at the bottom
of my spare change jar....unless I tossed her on the floor
for the cat to bat around.

gabosaurus
01-23-2017, 10:15 PM
[QUOTE=Elessar;853413
You don't see Fox doing that crap.[/QUOTE]

http://mediamatters.org/blog/2010/05/28/glenn-beck-smears-obamas-11-year-old-daughter/165466

BoogyMan
01-23-2017, 10:15 PM
What she did was despicable but I would never want to see someone fired for being stupid, clueless, and classless. Especially in the post Obama job market.

aboutime
01-23-2017, 10:53 PM
What she did was despicable but I would never want to see someone fired for being stupid, clueless, and classless. Especially in the post Obama job market.

They won't, and wouldn't fire her unless....she was a closet Republican, pretending to be a DEMOCRAT. That's where the hypocrisy comes in with NBC.

Elessar
01-23-2017, 11:25 PM
http://mediamatters.org/blog/2010/05/28/glenn-beck-smears-obamas-11-year-old-daughter/165466

And? That is one person who stoops low compared to the rest.
I argued that attack, by the way, in two other boards.

Compare that to to regular low-life crap that Huffo-Po, MSNBC, CNN and the
rest of the MSN pull off constantly.

Pales in comparison.

Kathianne
01-24-2017, 12:55 AM
And? That is one person who stoops low compared to the rest.
I argued that attack, by the way, in two other boards.

Compare that to to regular low-life crap that Huffo-Po, MSNBC, CNN and the
rest of the MSN pull off constantly.

Pales in comparison.

IMO, Beck is often wrong. While the SNL writer apologized days later, Beck also did the same. Personally I think hateful people act like this. Publicly ridiculing kids is wrong, especially when it's just because of whom their parents are.

Gunny
01-24-2017, 03:28 AM

liberal media attacked GWB's daughters,
they attacked Palin's kids.

You don't see Fox doing that crap.

I agree with you that people should leave the kids out. I've always found it cheap regardless the President or party.

At the same time, I disagree with the corporate censorship. I find it odd that the leftwingnuts at NBC Universal even give a crap. When did they suddenly grow a conscience?

First person I'd dump is that absolute moron Rachel Maddow. I find it rather hypocritical of them considering the way they do business. Anybody on the View get suspended?

There's got to be more to this than what is being reported.

darin
01-24-2017, 04:48 AM
What a crock of horseshit. Shows the weakness of NBC/SNL. The woman wasn't representing SNL with her "joke". The "joke" did not harm anyone. Poor taste? yeah. But who gives a shit. To see someone fired for non-work related stupid words that did not call for violence or assault and in no way affect that young man's future? We are a nation of pretty little special snowflakes.

Black Diamond
01-24-2017, 05:03 AM
What a crock of horseshit. Shows the weakness of NBC/SNL. The woman wasn't representing SNL with her "joke". The "joke" did not harm anyone. Poor taste? yeah. But who gives a shit. To see someone fired for non-work related stupid words that did not call for violence or assault and in no way affect that young man's future? We are a nation of pretty little special snowflakes.
Revenge for Paula Deen.

Kathianne
01-24-2017, 08:09 AM
I agree with you that people should leave the kids out. I've always found it cheap regardless the President or party.

At the same time, I disagree with the corporate censorship. I find it odd that the leftwingnuts at NBC Universal even give a crap. When did they suddenly grow a conscience?

First person I'd dump is that absolute moron Rachel Maddow. I find it rather hypocritical of them considering the way they do business. Anybody on the View get suspended?

There's got to be more to this than what is being reported.

I think those who 'serve' and go after kids should be gone:

https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=gop%20staffer%20resigns%20malia

Gunny
01-24-2017, 08:38 AM
I think those who 'serve' and go after kids should be gone:

https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=gop%20staffer%20resigns%20malia

Didn't we discuss this link thing in another thread? I won't follow them. Already said it's poor taste. But I don't think a SNL scriptwriter fits the category of "those who serve". What does a scriptwriter serve? Themselves and the corporation they work for. Not MY idea of serving anything but the agenda of who they work for.

NightTrain
01-24-2017, 08:53 AM

Publicly mocking an innocent 10 year old boy because of her negative political views against his father is unacceptable. It's hard enough being a 10 year old, let alone being attacked by supposed adults from international platforms.

Adult politicians are fair game, children are not.

Gunny
01-24-2017, 09:21 AM
Publicly mocking an innocent 10 year old boy because of her negative political views against his father is unacceptable. It's hard enough being a 10 year old, let alone being attacked by supposed adults from international platforms.

Adult politicians are fair game, children are not.

I agree it is unacceptable behavior. But where do you want to draw the line on freedom of speech? We no longer teach personal responsibility. The internet has made it worse because no one is accountable for what they say. I don't even know about other social media, but I've watched message boards devolve from a place to debate topics into mindless dummies that think the better insult wins, and they suck at insulting. It's why I quit bothering. Spend your time on a legit answer only to be ignored or insulted with a one-liner.

It just boggles my mind how stupid, thoughtless and uneducated some people are.

Kathianne
01-24-2017, 09:27 AM
I agree it is unacceptable behavior. But where do you want to draw the line on freedom of speech? We no longer teach personal responsibility. The internet has made it worse because no one is accountable for what they say. I don't even know about other social media, but I've watched message boards devolve from a place to debate topics into mindless dummies that think the better insult wins, and they suck at insulting. It's why I quit bothering. Spend your time on a legit answer only to be ignored or insulted with a one-liner.

She wasn't arrested, the company simply exercised their right to decide whom to employ or discipline for cause. It remains to be seen if she was fired or just suspended.

She exercised her first amendment right to speech, no one promised there would be no consequences.

NightTrain
01-24-2017, 09:32 AM

I draw the line at 18 years of age. Pretty simple.

Put it this way : if an adult berates my kid, that adult is going to have an adult-sized problem, pronto.

Gunny
01-24-2017, 09:32 AM
She wasn't arrested, the company simply exercised their right to decide whom to employ or discipline for cause. It remains to be seen if she was fired or just suspended.

She exercised her first amendment right to speech, no one promised there would be no consequences.

I have no problem with consequences. Been suffering them all my life. I DO have a problem with selective consequences.

Kathianne
01-24-2017, 09:39 AM
I have no problem with consequences. Been suffering them all my life. I DO have a problem with selective consequences.

and others that went too far regarding 'trashing politicians kids' were also discipline. That is what that link you chose to trash was about.

Balu
01-24-2017, 09:50 AM
It's said she was suspended immediately, if so, good on them. He's only 10 years old. Good on Chelsea too!

http://abc7chicago.com/news/snl-writer-suspended-for-tweet-about-barron-trump/1716951/

NEW YORK --

This is meanness to use children in any swordplay.