PDA

View Full Version : Democrats still frantically pretending illegal imm is just a "documentation" problem

Little-Acorn
01-26-2017, 02:39 PM
With President Trump about to sign an Executive Order cracking down on illegal "Sanctuary Cities", elected Democrats are still stressing that the people hiding in their cities are merely "undocumented immigrants", not what they really are: lawbreaking illegal aliens.

That's like saying a guy who just robbed the bank, isn't really a thief. He just didn't have the correct documentation (savings account book or whatever) to withdraw the money from the bank. Aside from that, there was no problem with what he did.

Can these people get any more insane? Honestly, who do they think they're fooling?

--------------------------------------

http://abc7news.com/news/san-francisco-lawmaker-works-to-help-undocumented-immigrants/1631407/
http://kfiam640.iheart.com/articles/local-news-465708/eric-garcetti-assures-undocumented-immigrants-are-15288998/
http://theweek.com/speedreads/661413/new-york-city-might-protect-undocumented-immigrants-from-trump-by-destroying-database-names

NightTrain
01-26-2017, 03:29 PM
The funny part to this is Cuomo who said he needs to be deported because he's an immigrant.

This bit of deliberate dishonesty immediately confused every liberal in the country who doesn't understand the difference between an Immigrant and an Illegal Immigrant.

Kathianne
01-26-2017, 03:57 PM
I and many others would consider some plan to deal with illegals that were here, employed, raising families. IF that were all the sanctuary cities were protecting, there would be things to 'talk about.'

It's not just that though, the police and/or justice systems are having contact with individuals that have broke laws, many of these are serious, violent crimes. Sanctuary cities are protecting these people from deportation.

Abbey Marie
01-26-2017, 04:31 PM
Let's get that wall built, start penalizing employers who hire illegals, and then worry about the rest.

Kathianne
01-26-2017, 04:33 PM
Let's get that wall built, start penalizing employers who hire illegals, and then worry about the rest.

Yeah, I understand EO's for undoing what Obama did, but really would like to see legislation with any other changes. EO's can be undone very quickly, as Democrats are learning. Live by pen, die by pen.

NightTrain
01-26-2017, 04:48 PM
Yeah, I understand EO's for undoing what Obama did, but really would like to see legislation with any other changes. EO's can be undone very quickly, as Democrats are learning. Live by pen, die by pen.

Yes, absolutely. All of these actions need to be followed up by Congress and cemented.

Kathianne
01-26-2017, 04:55 PM

While I personally think a virtual wall would be a better idea, with more policing of the border areas, if it's a wall that is fine.

Immigration needs serious reform and legislation. There must be tech chips or some form of tracking 'visitors' into the country. Yes, Mexico has been a serious problem, so has been overstaying and folks using one type of visa for another purpose. So we can easily have terrorists coming through Mexico or Canada, but also from any country that issues a visa. Think of all those from 9/11 attacks.

Abbey Marie
01-26-2017, 05:07 PM
While I personally think a virtual wall would be a better idea, with more policing of the border areas, if it's a wall that is fine.

Immigration needs serious reform and legislation. There must be tech chips or some form of tracking 'visitors' into the country. Yes, Mexico has been a serious problem, so has been overstaying and folks using one type of visa for another purpose. So we can easily have terrorists coming through Mexico or Canada, but also from any country that issues a visa. Think of all those from 9/11 attacks.

All good points, but I am a firm believer in making a very good start, and working out the rest as soon as we can. A wall will go a long way to reducing the numbers entering illegally. I think we can all agree that that is where the wide open sieve is located. Once the incoming numbers are down, we will be better able to deal with the rest. Trying to do too much at once tends to immobilize even the most ambitious people.

Little-Acorn
01-26-2017, 06:30 PM
I'm willing to compromise here.

Trump can have his EO to build the wall for the eight years he is in office.

After that, the Democrats are free to repeal it, just as Trump is currently repealing theirs.

By then the wall has been built and finished for five years or more. If the liberals want to try to tear it down, they can go ahead.

When their constituents (that's all of us if the win the Presidency) see them starting to tear down the wall, they might have a few things to say about it. And the liberals might see their President be the first to be impeached, in one week flat, for TREASON.

Bring it on, libbies. :lol:

aboutime
01-26-2017, 06:38 PM
Pragmatically, and Honestly speaking. Common sense should first tell all of us. WITHOUT A WALL. There is no way to solve the Illegal entry of anyone across the Southern Border of the U.S.
The wall must be the first step toward control, and actually enforcing PRESENT LAWS that have been Ignored since before Obama took office.
Pretending there is no problem, and feeling sorry for Illegals is NONSENSE, and DUMB.

Kathianne
01-26-2017, 06:57 PM
I'm willing to compromise here.

Trump can have his EO to build the wall for the eight years he is in office.

After that, the Democrats are free to repeal it, just as Trump is currently repealing theirs.

By then the wall has been built and finished for five years or more. If the liberals want to try to tear it down, they can go ahead.

When their constituents (that's all of us if the win the Presidency) see them starting to tear down the wall, they might have a few things to say about it. And the liberals might see their President be the first to be impeached, in one week flat, for TREASON.

Bring it on, libbies. :lol:

:whistling2:

gabosaurus
01-26-2017, 08:03 PM
If all illegal immigrants are deported, who is going to build Trump's new hotels? :rolleyes:

Remember, immigrants only come here to find jobs. If there were no jobs, they wouldn't bother. I keep waiting for Trump to sanction employers who hire illegal immigrants. He has been silent.

aboutime
01-26-2017, 08:30 PM
If all illegal immigrants are deported, who is going to build Trump's new hotels? :rolleyes:

Remember, immigrants only come here to find jobs. If there were no jobs, they wouldn't bother. I keep waiting for Trump to sanction employers who hire illegal immigrants. He has been silent.

gabby. If things are as great in Mexico as you said in another thread. WHY would so many ILLEGAL Mexicans be coming over the border for jobs?
Make up your mind. You said the 20% Trump is imposing will hurt Americans.
How is that possible if Mexicans in Mexico are working at American jobs for LESS MONEY?

NightTrain
01-26-2017, 08:44 PM

Oh, but he did.

You would know these things if you paid attention.

Another lesser-noticed provision of the new orders would push Homeland Security to collect fines from both illegal immigrants and “those who facilitate their presence” in the U.S.

That could potentially include sanctuary colleges and universities that protect illegal immigrants, and businesses that hire unauthorized workers.

Current law calls for fines of more than $20,000 per illegal immigrant for companies that are repeat offenders.

Conspiracy to harbor an illegal immigrant carries potential jail time or a fine of up to $10,000.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2017/jan/26/donald-trump-creates-name-and-shame-list-embarrass/

SassyLady
01-27-2017, 01:34 AM
Enforce E-verify immediately.

Cheaper than building wall, can start today and might collect enough in fines to help pay for border protection.

aboutime
01-27-2017, 02:52 PM
This thread, and the constant complaints from gabby, seem to be telling all of us; she will soon suffer if the wall, and ICE, with the border patrol start enforcing U.S. Laws already on the books....that her Gardener, Pool cleaner, Maid, Butler, Garbage man, Window washer, and Hair stylist will all stop SERVICING gabby ILLEGALLY.

Poor gabby. What will she do if her neighbors actually get CALEXIT enacted? Damn...She might actually have to HIRE LEGAL MEXICANS to wait on her.http://icansayit.com/images/notyoursusa.jpg