PDA

View Full Version : Study : 800,000+ Illegals Voted Hillary in 2016

NightTrain
01-27-2017, 09:57 AM
Who was it that was running around here scoffing at illegals voting?

National Voter ID. Now.

Hillary Clinton garnered more than 800,000 votes from noncitizens on Nov. 8, an approximation far short of President Trump’s estimate of up to 5 million illegal voters but supportive of his charges of fraud.

Political scientist Jesse Richman of Old Dominion University in Norfolk, Virginia, has worked with colleagues to produce groundbreaking research on noncitizen voting, and this week he posted a blog in response to Mr. Trump’s assertion.

Based on national polling by a consortium of universities, a report by Mr. Richman said 6.4 percent of the estimated 20 million adult noncitizens in the U.S. voted in November. He extrapolated that that percentage would have added 834,381 net votes for Mrs. Clinton, who received about 2.8 million more votes than Mr. Trump.

Mr. Richman calculated that Mrs. Clinton would have collected 81 percent of noncitizen votes.

“Is it plausible that non-citizen votes added to Clinton’s margin? Yes,” Mr. Richman wrote. “Is it plausible that non-citizen votes account for the entire nation-wide popular vote margin held by Clinton? Not at all.”

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2017/jan/26/hillary-clinton-received-800000-votes-from-nonciti/

pete311
01-27-2017, 10:26 AM
So if Trump claims 3-5m illegals voted and only 800k voted for Hlllary...

NightTrain
01-27-2017, 10:56 AM
So if Trump claims 3-5m illegals voted and only 800k voted for Hlllary...

I encourage you to actually read the article.

They arrived at that number by surveys taken by various Universities, and those were the percentages applied by self-confessed illegal voters. Now, it doesn't take a genius to realize that most illegals are more wily than admitting anything like that - engaging in illegal voting carries harsh penalties, despite what 0bama said prior to the election with a wink & nod.

The brilliance of Trump making that statement is that he made the statement complete with a number. Liberals everywhere dismissed the idea, and so someone actually did some "groundbreaking research" (indicating that no one has actually looked into the matter in a serious manner) and came up with 'only' 800,000 votes. Yep, they proved Trump wrong.

But, wait! What was the margin in Wisconsin, Pennsylvania and Michigan? That was quite a bit less than 800k, wasn't it? That's enough to alter elections, isn't it?

Sounds like there is a very serious problem in our voting system that needs to be addressed, Petey, don't you think?

Kathianne
01-27-2017, 11:07 AM
Both sides now want to find something other than the system of government.
Both sides are undermining the past election.
Neither side is calling for reform, instead they both just want to destroy the system.

There no longer is any identifying philosophy to say that 'I mainly agree with...'

What were considered 'right' positions are now being embraced by the left. Same in reverse.

The country is heading towards something, just no clear idea of what.

NightTrain
01-27-2017, 11:23 AM
Both sides now want to find something other than the system of government.
Both sides are undermining the past election.
Neither side is calling for reform, instead they both just want to destroy the system.

There no longer is any identifying philosophy to say that 'I mainly agree with...'

What were considered 'right' positions are now being embraced by the left. Same in reverse.

The country is heading towards something, just no clear idea of what.

I think that any reasonable person would agree that 100% confidence in our elections should be a national priority.

The ridiculous claims that requiring a legitimate ID to vote suppresses minorities from casting their ballots has already been discussed a thousand times here and I have yet to hear anyone offer a convincing argument that any American adult can even function without one.

Kathianne
01-27-2017, 11:26 AM
I think that any reasonable person would agree that 100% confidence in our elections should be a national priority.

The ridiculous claims that requiring a legitimate ID to vote suppresses minorities from casting their ballots has already been discussed a thousand times here and I have yet to hear anyone offer a convincing argument that any American adult can even function without one.

and yet, they are both speaking of the last election, which is settled. It is "President Trump," right? The left still would bring it to any court they could get. Now the administration wants to challenge the popular vote. Neither believes that the results were 'real.'

NightTrain
01-27-2017, 11:30 AM
and yet, they are both speaking of the last election, which is settled. It is "President Trump," right? The left still would bring it to any court they could get. Now the administration wants to challenge the popular vote. Neither believes that the results were 'real.'

I don't think anyone is challenging the popular vote. That didn't matter. The election is over.

Are you saying that there isn't a problem in our voting system and to leave it as it is?

Kathianne
01-27-2017, 11:43 AM
I don't think anyone is challenging the popular vote. That didn't matter. The election is over.

Are you saying that there isn't a problem in our voting system and to leave it as it is?

They are challenging the election results, repeatedly. Trump insists he won the election, both electoral and popular. He also insists that he had the highest turnout ever to see his inauguration.

As for where I stand and have stood for years regarding elections, I'll repeat myself for probably the 100th time:

1. End all motor-voter and type of registration and early voting.
2. Require proof of citizenship when registering.
3. Registration should be completed at least 3 months prior to voting.
4. State issued ID with picture needs to be presented when voting.
5. All ballots should be paper and pen.

NightTrain
01-27-2017, 11:48 AM
They are challenging the election results, repeatedly. Trump insists he won the election, both electoral and popular. He also insists that he had the highest turnout ever to see his inauguration.

As for where I stand and have stood for years regarding elections, I'll repeat myself for probably the 100th time:

1. End all motor-voter and type of registration and early voting.
2. Require proof of citizenship when registering.
3. Registration should be completed at least 3 months prior to voting.
4. State issued ID with picture needs to be presented when voting.
5. All ballots should be paper and pen.

Perfect! We agree completely on all 5 points.

And now, with the election still fresh in the public's notoriously short-term memory, wouldn't it be ideal to begin addressing and implementing all 5 points?

Especially right now with all 3 branches in our control? I don't want to leave anything to chance.

Remember, the midterm is already coming up next year. And this will be a long, drawn out fight.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
01-27-2017, 11:49 AM

Is there any reliable research showing massive voter fraud--for Trump?
I HAVE SEEN NONE, THUS THE ARGUMENT THAT BOTH SIDES ARE WRONG (EQUALLY?) DOES NOT NOT FIT WELL, IT SEEMS TO ME.

VOTER FRAUD, HAS ALWAYS BEEN HEAVILY FOR DEM CANDIDATES.
IF THAT IS TRUE, THEN THE PROBLEM IS WITH THE DEM PARTY, ITS TACTICS AND AGENDA.
As well as is the Dems policy to encourage voter fraud (WHICH IT DOES KNOWING SUCH HELPS DEMS!), its defense of such activity by championing/screaming- no voter ID.....

Trump highlighted by accusing --the voter fraud(by illegals) that did occur...illegals that the dem party protects and helps to invade our nation.
Now Trump's statement did stir somebody to act and lo and behold , he was right.. Verified proof was found...

Neither side is composed of angels but clearly one side is far more corrupt than the other..
As I see it, not feasible to destroy both parties--thus logic and common sense says to eliminate into a very minor role the worst of the worst-- the dem party..

I never was a fan of punishing the whole class due to one student's behavior.
Nothing irked me more in school, than being punished due to some other person's transgressions.

That is why many years ago, I warned a male teacher not to ever punish my daughter again because he couldn't find the true culprit(he knew it was a boy!).

Dem party and its treason needs to be truly addressed IMHO..
INSTEAD OF BEING DENIED AS A REALITY...----Tyr

Kathianne
01-27-2017, 11:51 AM

And now, with the election still fresh in the public's notoriously short-term memory, wouldn't it be ideal to begin addressing and implementing all 5 points?

Especially right now with all 3 branches in our control? I don't want to leave anything to chance.

Remember, the midterm is already coming up next year. And this will be a long, drawn out fight.

and wouldn't it have been terrific if the administration had come out and encouraged the states to look at how so many have concerns about 'fraud' and to take steps like those 5 and implement?

Instead we are seeing more attacks on the system, cries of 'fraud', challenging both results and the media. Why? Neither side expects real answers, they just want to undermine the people's faith in the system, for their own, very different reasons.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
01-27-2017, 11:53 AM

Dem party will pull out all stops, to by any means, gain control of Congress, in order to hold Trump at bay.
That means even more ramped-up voter fraud in the mid-terms.

My guess is that 800,000 was the low ball figure- true figure most likely was double that amount..-Tyr

We need voter ID, IN A FORM THAT MAKES IT VIRTUALLY IMPOSSIBLE FOR THIS ENGINEERED AND ENCOURAGED CHEATING THE DEMS PROMOTE AND AID.-Tyr

NightTrain
01-27-2017, 11:56 AM
and wouldn't it have been terrific if the administration had come out and encouraged the states to look at how so many have concerns about 'fraud' and to take steps like those 5 and implement?

Instead we are seeing more attacks on the system, cries of 'fraud', challenging both results and the media. Why? Neither side expects real answers, they just want to undermine the people's faith in the system, for their own, very different reasons.

I can't speak for Trump, but I believe this entire thing is designed to get the conversation going.

So far it appears to be working, and judging from the comments section in the Washington Times, there's pretty solid support for it from John Q. Public.

We need Congress to pick up the ball and run with it while people are paying attention.

Kathianne
01-27-2017, 12:00 PM
I can't speak for Trump, but I believe this entire thing is designed to get the conversation going.

So far it appears to be working, and judging from the comments section in the Washington Times, there's pretty solid support for it from John Q. Public.

We need Congress to pick up the ball and run with it while people are paying attention.

The country does not need more undermining of the system.

I don't see anything from either the administration nor the Democrats regarding encouraging state legislatures to pick up the reforming of electoral procedures. The people? Yeah, they've been saying things need to be fixed for a long time.

NightTrain
01-27-2017, 12:22 PM

I don't see anything from either the administration nor the Democrats regarding encouraging state legislatures to pick up the reforming of electoral procedures. The people? Yeah, they've been saying things need to be fixed for a long time.

I guess we'll just have to disagree. I don't see how fixing our election process is undermining anything except Democrat's abilities to rig elections. Hell, remember what Stein's recount turned up in Detroit? Obvious fraud, and that story quickly died - I haven't heard a peep since it was uncovered and that pisses me off.

I say fix the voting system immediately, now that we have the muscle to get it fixed.

Kathianne
01-27-2017, 12:23 PM
I guess we'll just have to disagree. I don't see how fixing our election process is undermining anything except Democrat's abilities to rig elections. Hell, remember what Stein's recount turned up in Detroit? Obvious fraud, and that story quickly died - I haven't heard a peep since it was uncovered and that pisses me off.

I say fix the voting system immediately, now that we have the muscle to get it fixed.

What we seem to disagree on is the topic, not what should be done.

Gunny
01-27-2017, 12:27 PM

Things have needed to be fixed since the 1st organized election and voter fraud is just as old. You make a new law and someone will figure out a way around it. Unfortunately, we can't fix the PEOPLE.

Now, I've had a military ID since I was 10. I have no problem with it. I was raised in that world. The "fix" would be a Federally issued voters ID card. Is that what you want? Because the second that topic comes up the civil liberties and/or individual rights people start wailing.

The left is inherently dishonest where votes are concerned. Always have been. And I mean throughout the history of this Nation, not just this election. It doesn't matter what you label them. The Republicans in 1860 were the leftwingers. They just swap around positions to keep a false war going on among the people. In the end, they all do the same thing once in office.