View Full Version : Teen says he 'just freaked out' and shot principal

nevadamedic
08-02-2007, 01:18 AM
Story Highlights

Eric Hainstock, 16, is accused of shooting a school principal to death
He tells police "I just freaked out" and didn't mean to kill the man
Jury sees the videotaped statement at trial
Hainstock could go to prison for life if he is convicted

BARABOO, Wisconsin (AP) -- A boy on trial in the shooting death of his principal told investigators that he "just freaked out" and pulled the trigger three times, but that he didn't mean to kill the man.

According to the criminal complaint, Hainstock, then a 15-year-old freshman, went to school outside Cazenovia, about 65 miles northwest of Madison, with a shotgun and a revolver.

Blayza Mueller, a friend who held Hainstock down in the moments after the shooting, said Hainstock had been teased and was so frustrated by it that he complained to his mother that no teachers would stop it. But he said he'd seen Hainstock get into "more than 20" shoving matches with other kids since sixth grade.

"Eric usually starts it," he said. "Kids he's picking on call him names. He usually can't handle what they give him."

http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/law/08/01/principal.shot.ap/index.html

Yea it was sure an accident and he sure didn't mean to kill the Principal, he only went to school with two guns fully loaded. Also this kid pick's on other kids then when they call him names back he can't take it. He shouldn't be dishing shit out then.

nevadamedic
08-02-2007, 01:19 AM
I wonder how he got the two guns?

waterrescuedude2000
08-02-2007, 09:20 PM
Just another case of a principal maybe being able to defend himself had he been allowed to carry a gun..... But unarmed sorry he didn't stand a chance. I can go through and highlight tons of stories where people who were law abiding citizens died because they weren't allowed to carry their guns. Like one guy who was an ex-marine had a ccw for the neighboring state but the state next to his I will have to find the link again.. But he was at one of his companies buildings and was shot point blank and wasnt the first victim had he been allowed to carry he could have possibly saved 12 peoples lives..

Yurt
08-02-2007, 09:26 PM
They should ban teens from schools, see what happens........

nevadamedic
08-02-2007, 10:28 PM
Just another case of a principal maybe being able to defend himself had he been allowed to carry a gun..... But unarmed sorry he didn't stand a chance. I can go through and highlight tons of stories where people who were law abiding citizens died because they weren't allowed to carry their guns. Like one guy who was an ex-marine had a ccw for the neighboring state but the state next to his I will have to find the link again.. But he was at one of his companies buildings and was shot point blank and wasnt the first victim had he been allowed to carry he could have possibly saved 12 peoples lives..

Teachers have no business carrying guns at all. I will fight that until the day I die.

nevadamedic
08-02-2007, 10:28 PM

:laugh2:

waterrescuedude2000
08-02-2007, 10:44 PM
Teachers have no business carrying guns at all. I will fight that until the day I die.

So teachers have no right to defend themselves in the violent world we live in?? How many school shootings has there been in say the last 10 years??? Brilliant!!

nevadamedic
08-02-2007, 10:47 PM
So teachers have no right to defend themselves in the violent world we live in?? How many school shootings has there been in say the last 10 years??? Brilliant!!

No one other then Law Enforcement should have a gun anywhere near a school. Guns arn't the answer to problems.

waterrescuedude2000
08-02-2007, 10:52 PM
Then give me a better way to do it??? So defending your own life isn't o.k.????

How would you do it if you were at the school your daughter was going to and someone was shooting????? I know that if it was the school my son was at I wouldn't want to have to run out to the car and get it.

nevadamedic
08-02-2007, 10:54 PM
Then give me a better way to do it??? So defending your own life isn't o.k.????

How would you do it if you were at the school your daughter was going to and someone was shooting????? I know that if it was the school my son was at I wouldn't want to have to run out to the car and get it.

I guarantee if someone had a gun on me and didn't pull the trigger right away that I would disarm them immediatly. You don't need a gun to fight back.

Putting more guns in the schools just add more problems. Students will have easy access to them and some teachers could easily be over powered and guess what, the students just got a gun.

waterrescuedude2000
08-02-2007, 11:34 PM
I guarantee if someone had a gun on me and didn't pull the trigger right away that I would disarm them immediatly. You don't need a gun to fight back.

Putting more guns in the schools just add more problems. Students will have easy access to them and some teachers could easily be over powered and guess what, the students just got a gun.

Thats if they didn't pull the trigger and if they did you'd be dead. I'd rather have a gun with me thanks

08-03-2007, 12:50 AM

Then who would the teachers sleep with?

nevadamedic
08-03-2007, 01:43 AM
Thats if they didn't pull the trigger and if they did you'd be dead. I'd rather have a gun with me thanks

A gun is a cowards way. I have never carried a gun and I can defend myself just fine.

actsnoblemartin
08-03-2007, 01:51 AM
this is worse then the twinky defense.

Is anybody responsible for their actions anymore, this kid is :lame2:

nevadamedic
08-03-2007, 01:55 AM
this is worse then the twinky defense.

Is anybody responsible for their actions anymore, this kid is :lame2:

Uhhhhh, now were talking about teacher's being able to bring guns to school.

actsnoblemartin
08-03-2007, 01:57 AM
whats wrong with school admin having guns?

Uhhhhh, now were talking about teacher's being able to bring guns to school.

nevadamedic
08-03-2007, 01:58 AM
whats wrong with school admin having guns?

Everything............

waterrescuedude2000
08-04-2007, 11:35 AM
A gun is a cowards way. I have never carried a gun and I can defend myself just fine.

If they have a gun and you don't who loses the pissing match?? At a distance you have no chance of reaching them as we cant outrun an object traveling at 1700 feet per second. Yes I can use my hands and be just fine in hand to hand or hand to knife but at a distance a gun is nice.