PDA

View Full Version : Change Of Topic? SCOTUS Nominee May Be Announced Soon

Kathianne
01-30-2017, 08:25 AM
Was supposed to be later, but for some reason rumors are flying that it maybe today or tomorrow.

http://hotair.com/archives/2017/01/30/abc-trump-could-announce-scotus-pick-today/

ABC: Trump could announce SCOTUS pick todayPOSTED AT 8:01 AM ON JANUARY 30, 2017 BY ED MORRISSEY

Hmmmm. Last week, Donald Trump said he would announce his choice for Supreme Court justice on Thursday, February 2nd. Yesterday, ABC’s Jonathan Karl heard that things have been, um … moved up:

Jonathan Karl ✔ @jonkarl

WH SOURCE: The WH is preparing for an earlier announcement of @realDonaldTrump's pick for Supreme Court - likely Tues, possibly tomorrow

1:21 PM - 29 Jan 2017 · Arlington, VA

Gee, I wonder what the rush might be? Let’s just say that the Trump administration could use a change of subject after a brutal weekend in the media. They are indeed fortunate to have a handy subject-changer available, and using this announcement for that purpose would be a very smart idea. It’s the equivalent of tweeting out “Die Hard is not a Christmas movie” after committing a faux pas that’s filling up your mentions. You get the same outcome, but it’s a lot easier to work with.

The media is certainly capable of covering two major stories at a time, but they can only effectively hyperventilate over one at a time. Probably.

NightTrain
01-30-2017, 09:08 AM
Yep, the SCOTUS nom will at least dry Chuck Schumer's eyes and focus the dems on stopping whoever the person is.

I'm kind of saddened by Pryor not being in the final round... I think he was the most conservative.

Gorsuch is suspect to me, only because he clerked for Kennedy and his mom was head of the EPA.

The move itself is standard fare for those of us that are political junkies - a shift on media focus and democrat grandstanding will help cool things off a bit while tweaks are issued.

Abbey Marie
01-30-2017, 09:49 AM
After that federal judge stomped on Trump's vetting order, one would hope he clearly understands the extreme importance of nominating a conservative USSC justice.

jimnyc
01-30-2017, 01:13 PM
This is a huge reason why Trump got my vote, and that of many others. Having the court stay towards the right is HUGE to me. With any luck, we'll get to see another appointment while he is in office. :)

NightTrain
01-30-2017, 01:17 PM
This is a huge reason why Trump got my vote, and that of many others. Having the court stay towards the right is HUGE to me. With any luck, we'll get to see another appointment while he is in office. :)

That Ginsburg seat looks very promising. The old girl is on her way out, methinks.

pete311
01-30-2017, 01:35 PM

Burn the world as long as you can hold on to your gun. Nice!

Black Diamond
01-30-2017, 01:39 PM
Burn the world as long as you can hold on to your gun. Nice!
It's what Obama lived by. The pendulum has swung.

pete311
01-30-2017, 01:42 PM
It's what Obama lived by. The pendulum has swung.
I don't see the equivalence

Black Diamond
01-30-2017, 01:42 PM
You wouldn't.

NightTrain
01-30-2017, 02:08 PM
You wouldn't.

:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

Oh, snap!

Elessar
01-30-2017, 05:06 PM

That Ginsburg seat looks very promising. The old girl is on her way out, methinks.

When is she leaving for Australia when Trump was inaugurated as she said she would do in the fall?:laugh:

aboutime
01-30-2017, 10:29 PM

Of course you don't petey. It takes intelligence, common sense, and Less Stupidity to see what it might be. But you have been trained to not recognize HONESTY.

fj1200
01-31-2017, 09:47 AM
Ginsburg has been my favorite Justice.

Kathianne
01-31-2017, 09:48 AM
Ginsburg has been my favorite Justice.

For her off the bench comments?

fj1200
01-31-2017, 09:55 AM
For her off the bench comments?

For her wise decision to remain on the bench and not retire 8 years ago. :)

Abbey Marie
01-31-2017, 02:31 PM
I'll bet you didn't know that I have psychic powers, did you? I'll make a prediction to test it out.

I predict that whomever Trump nominates, he or she will be a racist, homophobic sexist backwards fascist, who doesn't even understand the law.

Yup, you can congratulate me on my abilities later.

:coffee:

Kathianne
01-31-2017, 02:40 PM
Sounds like the drama will continue, hearing that both Gorsuch and Hardiman are being called to Washington. Scuttlebutt is that once again, Gorsuch is ahead by a whisker.

8pm is 5pm here, right?

NightTrain
01-31-2017, 02:54 PM
Sounds like the drama will continue, hearing that both Gorsuch and Hardiman are being called to Washington. Scuttlebutt is that once again, Gorsuch is ahead by a whisker.

8pm is 5pm here, right?

4 pm AST.

Kathianne
01-31-2017, 02:55 PM
4 pm AST.

You and me have a 1 hour difference, right? So you're 4, is my 5. ;)

NightTrain
01-31-2017, 03:06 PM
You and me have a 1 hour difference, right? So you're 4, is my 5. ;)

If you're PST, then yes... I can't remember if my Mom in AZ is 1 or 2 hours.

But it's definitely 4 AST. :happy0203:

Kathianne
01-31-2017, 03:08 PM

:slap:

Black Diamond
01-31-2017, 03:13 PM

Arizona doesn't have daylight savings. That's why you can't remember. Because it depends on the time of year.

Gunny
01-31-2017, 03:25 PM
Arizona doesn't have daylight savings. That's why you can't remember. Because it depends on the time of year.

Dude lives in Alaska. He's a couple of hours off of PST. I think it's 2 or 3 hours.

Black Diamond
01-31-2017, 03:26 PM
Dude lives in Alaska. He's a couple of hours off of PST. I think it's 2 or 3 hours.
I know. He can see Russia from his house.