PDA

View Full Version : Been there.

Abbey Marie
01-30-2017, 09:33 AM
The worst is when you have company, and the cat decides to show off her prodigious skills and gratitude.

http://www.debatepolicy.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=9667&stc=1

NightTrain
01-30-2017, 09:52 AM
:laugh2:

Yeah, that's the attitude our cat has when showing off her Jungle Kitty skills.

I'd rather she didn't kill the birds, but that's nature. What pisses me off is she LOVES killing dragonflies... those eat hundreds of mosquitoes and I have an affinity for them anyway. However, I've got better things to do than try to train a cat contrary to their hunting instincts. They do what they do.

At least our cat has the decency to be mortified when she does that whole hairball thing. She'll hide behind a sofa or something until I chase her outside to do that.

Abbey Marie
01-30-2017, 09:56 AM

Yeah, that's the attitude our cat has when showing off her Jungle Kitty skills.

I'd rather she didn't kill the birds, but that's nature. What pisses me off is she LOVES killing dragonflies... those eat hundreds of mosquitoes and I have an affinity for them anyway. However, I've got better things to do than try to train a cat contrary to their hunting instincts. They do what they do.

At least our cat has the decency to be mortified when she does that whole hairball thing. She'll hide behind a sofa or something until I chase her outside to do that.

Lol! How delicate of her.

We had a cat who absolutely would not "go" if anyone could see her. She could be putting her paws in the litter box, but if someone came into the room, she'd leave. I found that so funny!

NightTrain
01-30-2017, 10:06 AM
Lol! How delicate of her.

We had a cat who absolutely would not "go" if anyone could see her. She could be putting her paws in the litter box, but if someone came into the room, she'd leave. I found that so funny!

Animals displaying modesty always cracks me up. I'm sure that they see our behavior and try to emulate certain things as much as they are capable.

Before our German Shepherd got to the ancient age she is now, she'd always go back in the woods where no one would see her. I really liked that plan.

But now, she's got that whole "I'm too damn old to give a damn. I don't care if it's 2 feet away from the porch. Screw all of you and deal with it." Fortunately, I still have one teenager to dispatch for pooper-scooper duties.

Balu
01-30-2017, 10:16 AM
Animals displaying modesty always cracks me up. I'm sure that they see our behavior and try to emulate certain things as much as they are capable.

Before our German Shepherd got to the ancient age she is now, she'd always go back in the woods where no one would see her. I really liked that plan.

But now, she's got that whole "I'm too damn old to give a damn. I don't care if it's 2 feet away from the porch. Screw all of you and deal with it." Fortunately, I still have one teenager to dispatch for pooper-scooper duties.
The is one remarkable thing - the time passes and the pets starts resemble their owners, or vice versa.

Gunny
01-30-2017, 11:37 AM

My cat's a trip. TOTAL chick. Everything is on HER terms. She comes tooling up to be petted and the second you reach out to do it, she turns her ass and walks off.:laugh:

Elessar
01-30-2017, 12:05 PM
My cat's a trip. TOTAL chick. Everything is on HER terms. She comes tooling up to be petted and the second you reach out to do it, she turns her ass and walks off.:laugh:

Mine does the same thing. He sits on the other side of the room meowing for attention,
but when I approach him he takes off. I guess he wants to play 'chase the kitty'.:laugh:

Gunny
01-30-2017, 02:13 PM
Mine does the same thing. He sits on the other side of the room meowing for attention,
but when I approach him he takes off. I guess he wants to play 'chase the kitty'.:laugh:

Mine's a rescue, She got whacked by a car so she walks funny. Someone needs to explain to the critter Gunny ain't chasing sh*t. Gunny walks funny too.:laugh: But when I came back home she just moved into my room. Took over my bed and closet. And DON'T let me be late with Friskies at 5.:laugh:

Elessar
01-30-2017, 04:40 PM
Mine's a rescue, She got whacked by a car so she walks funny. Someone needs to explain to the critter Gunny ain't chasing sh*t. Gunny walks funny too.:laugh: But when I came back home she just moved into my room. Took over my bed and closet. And DON'T let me be late with Friskies at 5.:laugh:

I don't need an alarm clock anymore with this cute creep. 5 a.m. is feeding time for him.:laugh:

Abbey Marie
01-30-2017, 06:08 PM
I don't need an alarm clock anymore with this cute creep. 5 a.m. is feeding time for him.:laugh:

Unless you actually like getting up then, try giving him treats late at night. Always worked for us.

Elessar
01-31-2017, 01:27 PM
Unless you actually like getting up then, try giving him treats late at night. Always worked for us.

Oh, I am used to early rising, so it is not a huge problem.
But his nose nuzzling mine is so cute!

jimnyc
01-31-2017, 05:53 PM
My cat should be in the olympics. All he cares about is getting on your shoulders somehow, even if that means waiting on top of the entertainment center and leaping at just the right time to land on you, and land with 20 claws attached to ensure a good landing. If you're doing dishes, he may hit the stove and then land on your shoulders. He may jump on the couch at full speed, launch off the arm and hit you at full speed. You have to be prepared. And I'm ALWAYS wearing my hoodie sweatshirt, just so that I have padding when he inevitably gets me. All that just so he can purr and chill on your shoulder a bit.

Kathianne
01-31-2017, 05:55 PM
My cat should be in the olympics. All he cares about is getting on your shoulders somehow, even if that means waiting on top of the entertainment center and leaping at just the right time to land on you, and land with 20 claws attached to ensure a good landing. If you're doing dishes, he may hit the stove and then land on your shoulders. He may jump on the couch at full speed, launch off the arm and hit you at full speed. You have to be prepared. And I'm ALWAYS wearing my hoodie sweatshirt, just so that I have padding when he inevitably gets me. All that just so he can purr and chill on your shoulder a bit.

Nothing personal, but if I should visit you sometime, put the cat away. If it jumped on my shoulder, OMG! :laugh2:

jimnyc
01-31-2017, 05:58 PM
Nothing personal, but if I should visit you sometime, put the cat away. If it jumped on my shoulder, OMG! :laugh2:

Yeah, I would imagine it would scare the crap out of most visitors, even if the bugger does mean well. I tried to train him not to, but then he found softer and cuter ways to get on your shoulders. And then reverted back to his way. Nero owns the house. Usually the woman runs the place, but she allowed Nero to take over. I'm at the bottom by default. The lizard is just a notch above me.

Abbey Marie
01-31-2017, 05:59 PM
Yeah, I would imagine it would scare the crap out of most visitors, even if the bugger does mean well. I tried to train him not to, but then he found softer and cuter ways to get on your shoulders. And then reverted back to his way. Nero owns the house. Usually the woman runs the place, but she allowed Nero to take over. I'm at the bottom by default. The lizard is just a notch above me.

Kathianne
01-31-2017, 06:03 PM

I could take the 'scare' not the pain. ;)

jimnyc
01-31-2017, 06:14 PM
I could take the 'scare' not the pain. ;)

He's usually got "powder puff" paws, and that's another thing we love about him. He always swats softly and never claws. He pretty much never brings them out. Btu I think he learned early on about gravity, and knows that hanging on once he lands on the shoulder is critical. :)

Elessar
01-31-2017, 08:07 PM

I take it you have shed a bit of blood? I know I have!:laugh: