PDA

View Full Version : More Mexicans Leaving Than Coming to the U.S.

pete311
01-30-2017, 04:17 PM
Net Loss of 140,000 from 2009 to 2014; Family Reunification Top Reason for Return
http://www.pewhispanic.org/2015/11/19/more-mexicans-leaving-than-coming-to-the-u-s/

Gunny
01-30-2017, 04:22 PM
Bye, CYa, Have a good time . Don't come back.

NightTrain
01-30-2017, 04:45 PM
Self deportation is the best!

I really doubt most of them will leave until they're rounded up by the friendly guys at ICE, though.

Elessar
01-30-2017, 04:46 PM
Bye, CYa, Have a good time . Don't come back.

I say...Fix your own nation. Do NOT come in and burden us with your trash, not wishing
to assimilate to being a legal citizen.

Gunny
01-30-2017, 05:19 PM
I say...Fix your own nation. Do NOT come in and burden us with your trash, not wishing

I have ALWAYS held that stance. If you don't like living in your little hole, don't bring it here with you. Yet they do. They take the property value down the second they move in.

fj1200
01-31-2017, 09:57 AM

We should have had the same stance with East Germans.

/sarcasm

Gunny
01-31-2017, 10:12 AM
We should have had the same stance with East Germans.

/sarcasm

We should have the same stance with EVERYONE, Want to come to America and move up? Then MOVE UP. Bringing your stupid habits with you defeats the whole purpose of the move.

fj1200
01-31-2017, 10:24 AM
We should have the same stance with EVERYONE, Want to come to America and move up? Then MOVE UP. Bringing your stupid habits with you defeats the whole purpose of the move.

That's what the second generation does, or tries to.

ConclusionMexican immigrants, the largest single group of poorly schooled newcomers, make up a working poor, with limited access to jobs beyond the low-wage sector. Given these circumstances, can their U.S.-born and U.S.-raised children be expected to progress?
While U.S.-born Mexican men do not retain the extraordinary job-holding rates of their Mexican-born counterparts, the shift downward takes them to levels that characterize native-born whites. As the second generation is significantly better educated than the first, Mexican second-generation men find jobs associated with greater stability, significantly higher levels of pay, and much greater fringe-benefit coverage.
http://www.migrationpolicy.org/article/second-generation-mexicans-getting-ahead-or-falling-behind

Kathianne
01-31-2017, 10:32 AM
That's what the second generation does, or tries to.

http://www.migrationpolicy.org/article/second-generation-mexicans-getting-ahead-or-falling-behind

That's traditionally what happens with the second generation. However, in the past 50 years or so a few things have been happening that work against assimilation. First of all was the movement to 'keep your heritage' via things like hyphenated nationalities. Seemed like a good idea when I was a kid, though I heard some older people say it wasn't a great idea. Concurrently teaching civics in significant forms was waning, while the teaching of revisionist history was on the upswing.

Not only are younger folks in general less knowledgeable on our government, history, and the founding principles and philosophy behind them, so are new members of the society.

Noir certainly had a point that 'visa holders' aren't the ones who've committed most acts of terrorism, but a significant number of their offspring born here are.