PDA

View Full Version : Trump fires Yates

Black Diamond
01-30-2017, 09:43 PM
Trump fires acting AG after Justice Department staff told not to defend refugee order
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/01/30/acting-ag-tells-justice-department-staff-not-to-defend-trumps-refugee-order.html

Russ
01-30-2017, 10:24 PM
Some worthless jerk from the Obama administration ordered the DoJ to not even do their job and represent the current administration? She deserved to get her worthless butt fired. I just wish I had been there.

aboutime
01-30-2017, 10:27 PM
President Trump just proved....IT'S NOT NICE TO FOOL WITH TRUMP!

Wonder if he called her and said... YOU'RE FIRED!

Elessar
01-30-2017, 10:46 PM
Sounds like house-cleaning to me.

pete311
01-30-2017, 11:16 PM
Not surprising, Trump will clean house in every dept and inject loyalists.

OAK
01-31-2017, 12:37 AM
Not surprising, Trump will clean house in every dept and inject loyalists.I would hope so. Why should he have people in his administration working against his agenda. Elections have consequences.

Drummond
01-31-2017, 03:13 AM
Sounds like house-cleaning to me.

Some swamp-draining ?

Trump may have his hands full where that's concerned. The Leftie contagion may run deep ...

Drummond
01-31-2017, 03:13 AM

Good !!

Abbey Marie
01-31-2017, 09:41 AM
Some swamp-draining ?

Trump may have his hands full where that's concerned. The Leftie contagion may run deep ...

Someone snapped a pic of the swamp, mid-draining. Just look at all those Dems!

http://www.debatepolicy.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=9670&stc=1

Gunny
01-31-2017, 09:48 AM

What you meant to say: Trump fires Loyalist appointed by Obama who wouldn't even do her job in the face of evidence.

fj1200
01-31-2017, 10:10 AM
What did they expect her to do?

SESSIONS: You have to watch out, because people will be asking you do to things you just need to say no about. Do you think the attorney general has the responsibility to say no to the president if he asks for something that's improper?A lot of people have defended the [Loretta] Lynch nomination, for example, by saying: 'Well, he appoints somebody who's going to execute his views. What's wrong with that?' But if the views the president wants to execute are unlawful, should the attorney general or the deputy attorney general say no?”
YATES: Senator, I believe that the attorney general or the deputy attorney general has an obligation to follow the law and the Constitution, and to give their independent legal advice to the president.

SESSIONS: Well, that's true. And like any CEO, with a law firm — sometimes the lawyers have to tell the CEO: 'Mr. CEO, you can't do that. Don't do that. We'll get us sued. It's going to be in violation of the law. You'll regret it, please.' No matter how headstrong they might be. Do you feel like that's the duty on [sic] the attorney general's office?
YATES: I do believe that that's the duty of the attorney general's office, to fairly and impartially evaluate the law and to provide the president and the administration with impartial legal advice.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2017/01/31/watch-sally-yates-answer-the-question-that-got-her-fired-by-president-trump/?utm_term=.ab4a5c0f3a78

Gunny
01-31-2017, 10:18 AM

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2017/01/31/watch-sally-yates-answer-the-question-that-got-her-fired-by-president-trump/?utm_term=.ab4a5c0f3a78

It is NOT the Executive Branch's prerogative to cherry pick the law. I expect the AG to enforce the law. Evenly, across the board. Not carry out a political agenda that ignores it.

Kathianne
01-31-2017, 10:22 AM

Follow a legal order. She didn't and that's why she was fired. Really there was no choice, but his reputation of 'you're fired' just adds to the left's meme.

I think the order was poorly written, even more badly executed, there were not the appropriate consultations nor communication with those charged with carrying it out. All of it was rushed and created chaos to close out the first week of his presidency.

This angered members he has in his cabinet and those awaiting confirmation.

What could have been done was something along the lines of, 'To protect our citizens and to prevent the carnage that would have ensued with bombing of Syria that Hillary Clinton likely would have done, we are going to implement this temporary halt in visa entry by countries identified by the previous administration of possible sources of terrorists.' Then more blah, blah, including a date that would start.

fj1200
01-31-2017, 10:27 AM
It is NOT the Executive Branch's prerogative to cherry pick the law. I expect the AG to enforce the law. Evenly, across the board. Not carry out a political agenda that ignores it.

I imagine her oath involves the Constitution and stuff.

YATES: I do believe that that's the duty of the attorney general's office, to fairly and impartially evaluate the law and to provide the president and the administration with impartial legal advice.

Follow a legal order. She didn't and that's why she was fired. Really there was no choice, but his reputation of 'you're fired' just adds to the left's meme.

I think the order was poorly written, even more badly executed, there were not the appropriate consultations nor communication with those charged with carrying it out. All of it was rushed and created chaos to close out the first week of his presidency.

This angered members he has in his cabinet and those awaiting confirmation.

What could have been done was something along the lines of, 'To protect our citizens and to prevent the carnage that would have ensued with bombing of Syria that Hillary Clinton likely would have done, we are going to implement this temporary halt in visa entry by countries identified by the previous administration of possible sources of terrorists.' Then more blah, blah, including a date that would start.

She was fired because she didn't follow the POTUS. I'm sure she knew her risk.

I agree with the remainder.

Kathianne
01-31-2017, 10:35 AM
I imagine her oath involves the Constitution and stuff.

She was fired because she didn't follow the POTUS. I'm sure she knew her risk.

I agree with the remainder.

She needed to follow the legal order, there's not a lot of argument floating even from the left, that it wasn't legal, just bad. Folks are focusing on the green card issue, which was very bad. Even worse to me and Mattis, was those issued a visa for having been facilitating our troops via translating and such.

fj1200
01-31-2017, 10:38 AM
She needed to follow the legal order, there's not a lot of argument floating even from the left, that it wasn't legal, just bad. Folks are focusing on the green card issue, which was very bad. Even worse to me and Mattis, was those issued a visa for having been facilitating our troops via translating and such.

Her opinion is the basis of her actions.

"At present, I am not convinced that the defense of the executive order is consistent with these responsibilities of the Department of Justice, nor am I convinced that the executive order is lawful"

I'm sure she expected to be fired.

Kathianne
01-31-2017, 10:42 AM
Her opinion is the basis of her actions.

I'm sure she expected to be fired.

I agree. She is entitled to her opinion, just can't use her opinion to not carry out her responsibilities without paying the price.

NightTrain
01-31-2017, 10:50 AM
Yates engaged in a kamikazee order - she was aware that as soon as Sessions is confirmed that there's going to be some house cleaning.

She knew she'd be fired, so she made a play to gain notoriety instead of another faceless bureaucrat removed. Now someone might buy her book detailing why she made a stand for personal principles rather than doing the job she was charged with.

I'm sure there's a few more nervous Eric Holder / Lynch flunkies keeping a low profile in DOJ waiting their turn to pack their office.

Gunny
01-31-2017, 10:53 AM

I don't think it's a bad order at all. How the order is carried out will be the determining factor with me. There are a lot of factors involved. The first being people here and their inability to comprehend these people do not think like us. It boggles the mind that people can't figure out something so simplistic. They do not have a Judeo-Christian mindset and it isn't suddenly installed when they cross the border.

Second, this NOT the "land of opportunity" anymore. Hasn't been for years. We don't have room. There;s plenty of room where they're coming from. They can fight for it. What kind of society are we building based on weak, chickensh*t running away rats?

We need to take care of ourselves first or there won't be an "us" for anyone to run to.

Kathianne
01-31-2017, 10:55 AM
Gunny, when it's written bad, it's bad. Not illegal. This caused unnecessary problems for the administration and in getting the country back to whatever normal is to follow.

fj1200
01-31-2017, 10:59 AM
I don't think it's a bad order at all. How the order is carried out will be the determining factor with me. There are a lot of factors involved. The first being people here and their inability to comprehend these people do not think like us. It boggles the mind that people can't figure out something so simplistic. They do not have a Judeo-Christian mindset and it isn't suddenly installed when they cross the border.

Second, this NOT the "land of opportunity" anymore. Hasn't been for years. We don't have room. There;s plenty of room where they're coming from. They can fight for it. Wjat lind of society are we building based on weak, chickensh*t running away rats?

We need to take care of ourselves first or there won't be an "us" for anyone to run to.

Now that would be an illegal order I would think. And we have plenty of room; land of opportunity and all that.

pete311
01-31-2017, 01:12 PM
Jeff Sessions wanted Sally Yates to say no to the President when he violated the law. Turns out that only applied when there was a Democrat in the White House.
Do these idiots realize this stuff is on video? Or do they just not care?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nfcl0w0vvXo

Elessar
01-31-2017, 01:30 PM

That is an ABSOLUTE No Shitter!
Something this prior administration completely ignored.

Black Diamond
01-31-2017, 01:38 PM
Jeff Sessions wanted Sally Yates to say no to the President when he violated the law. Turns out that only applied when there was a Democrat in the White House.
Illegal according to the New York Times.

Gunny
01-31-2017, 01:47 PM
Gunny, when it's written bad, it's bad. Not illegal. This caused unnecessary problems for the administration and in getting the country back to whatever normal is to follow.

Well Ms Tinkerbell, what did you expect from Trump? He's an uneducated jerk. He's business smart. I've worked for people just like him. Bottom ine is the $ with them and they don't care how they get there. If you're waiting on diplomacy and eloquence, you can write that off now.

Kathianne
01-31-2017, 01:58 PM

Like Schumer on Obama's policy on not allowing folks in? Or Hillary's vote on Iraq? Or maybe it's Schumer's tears over Syria, while never chastising Obama for not dealing with Syria when the 'red line' was drawn and it was possible? Instead it's appeasement all the way.

Abbey Marie
01-31-2017, 02:13 PM
Now that would be an illegal order I would think. And we have plenty of room; land of opportunity and all that.

Opportunity to latch on to the government teat, anyway.

Gunny
01-31-2017, 02:13 PM
Like Schumer on Obama's policy on not allowing folks in? Or Hillary's vote on Iraq? Or maybe it's Schumer's tears over Syria, while never chastising Obama for not dealing with Syria when the 'red line' was drawn and it was possible? Instead it's appeasement all the way.

Petey needs to borrow some of Bully's butt cream.:laugh2:

Black Diamond
01-31-2017, 02:15 PM
You must spread reputation around.....

nice one.

Abbey Marie
01-31-2017, 02:22 PM
Well Ms Tinkerbell, what did you expect from Trump? He's an uneducated jerk. He's business smart. I've worked for people just like him. Bottom ine is the $ with them and they don't care how they get there. If you're waiting on diplomacy and eloquence, you can write that off now.

Like him or not, he's well -educated.

(Btw, Fordham is my alma mater).

Trump attended The Kew-Forest School in Forest Hills, Queens until he was 13 years old. Then, after causing some trouble at The Kew-Forest School, his parents transferred him to the New York Military Academy. Trump excelled in academics and sports while at NYMA. He earned many academic honors, was a member of the varsity football team in 1962, the varsity soccer team in 1963, and the varsity baseball team from 1962-1964. He was also the Cadet Captin-S4 (Cadet Battalion Logistics Officer) and lead his school in the Memorial Day parade down Fifth Avenue in 1964.

After high school, Trump attended Fordham University for two years. He then transferred to the Wharton Business School, where he graduated in 1968 with a Bachelor of Science in Economics and a concentration in finance.

Gunny
01-31-2017, 02:56 PM
Like him or not, he's well -educated.

(Btw, Fordham is my alma mater).

No, you mean he is book smart. Some of the dumbest people I ever met. He's a developer. I used to work for developers. I know exactly how they think. If you think you are going to get ME on the Trum train, you can forget that idea now. Don't like him and never have. He's a pompous jackass with a big mouth he can't keep shut.

I'm being fair as far as what he is doing. That is all.

Kathianne
01-31-2017, 03:06 PM
OT Just want to say that the popular past time of inferring that anyone formally educated is a pompous jerk, that spends their time being a hypocrite and is actually dumber than a rock is often wrong.

Just for the record.

Abbey Marie
01-31-2017, 03:15 PM
No, you mean he is book smart. Some of the dumbest people I ever met. He's a developer. I used to work for developers. I know exactly how they think. If you think you are going to get ME on the Trum train, you can forget that idea now. Don't like him and never have. He's a pompous jackass with a big mouth he can't keep shut.

I'm being fair as far as what he is doing. That is all.

Ok. But you called him uneducated, and that he is decidedly not. I happen to also think he is intelligent, but that is just my opinion.

My post showing that he is in fact highly educated is not an attempt to get you or anyone else on his side. I really don't care whom anyone supports, now that he is in the Oval Office.

Black Diamond
01-31-2017, 03:21 PM
Ok. But you called him uneducated, and that he is decidedly not. I happen to also think he is intelligent, but that is just my opinion.

My post showing that he is in fact highly educated is not an attempt to get you or anyone else on his side. I really don't care whom anyone supports, now that he is in the Oval Office.
When he speaks in simple language, he is appealing to those who put him over the top. When speaking to the disgruntled displaced Mfg worker, you don't want to sound like you came from the polo club.

Gunny
01-31-2017, 03:33 PM
OT Just want to say that the popular past time of inferring that anyone formally educated is a pompous jerk, that spends their time being a hypocrite and is actually dumber than a rock is often wrong.

Just for the record.

I infer he is a pompous jerk because he is a pompous jerk. It doesn't take an education and/or lack thereof to be one. What I know is based on experience ... and FTR .. I am well-educated. People take a piece of paper they got in school and present it as credibility for how smart they think they are.

While you may think the time is over over for that accusation, it still holds water.

Gunny
01-31-2017, 03:42 PM

There are a lot of ways to get an education. A piece of paper from some school doesn't impress me. His lack of common sense is glaringly obvious or he wouldn't be on whatever social media he can't shut his mouth on. And if he's going to be President? Get to work. No time for your cell. Fix the damned country. You can play on your cell in 4 years.

Black Diamond
01-31-2017, 03:45 PM
There are a lot of ways to get an education. A piece of paper from some school doesn't impress me. His lack of common sense is glaringly obvious or he wouldn't be on whatever social media he can't shut his mouth on. And if he's going to be President? Get to work. No time for your cell. Fix the damned country. You can play on your cell in 4 years.

Abbey Marie
01-31-2017, 03:54 PM

Get to work? Show me a modern day President who has done more in as few days as this guy.

And I think it is common knowledge that he runs on very little sleep. I heard on TV that he already starts earlier and stays later than any President in our lifetime.

Abbey Marie
01-31-2017, 04:01 PM

You think common sense = educated. And you find educated folks to be overly impressed with themselves.
I think going to school and graduating with a degree = educated. And I think there are jerks with PhDs and there are jerks without even a high school diploma.

While there are many people who value common sense over scholastic work, that does not change the accepted common meaning of the word educated. I think you need to choose a different word for Trump. If you want people to get you, anyway.

Black Diamond
01-31-2017, 04:07 PM
Get to work? Show me a modern day President who has done more in as few days as this guy.

And I think it is common knowledge that he runs on very little sleep. I heard on TV that he already starts earlier and stays later than any President in our lifetime.
The guy can't sit still. Watch him in the second debate when they weren't confined to a podium.

Abbey Marie
01-31-2017, 04:13 PM
The guy can't sit still. Watch him in the second debate when they weren't confined to a podium.

True. I saw a clip of him finishing up a meeting with a group of CEOs about job creation. At the end, he thanked them, thanked the press, and when no one moved right away, he immediately started pressing his hands together in an impatient gesture. I felt like he was thinking: "We're done, I have things to do, get out". Lol.

NightTrain
01-31-2017, 04:22 PM
True. I saw a clip of him finishing up a meeting with a group of CEOs about job creation. At the end, he thanked them, thanked the press, and when no one moved right away, he immediately started pressing his hands together in an impatient gesture. I felt like he was thinking: "We're done, I have things to do, get out". Lol.

Funny when people don't pick up on the cues to get the hell out.

Gunny
01-31-2017, 04:32 PM
You think common sense = educated. And you find educated folks to be overly impressed with themselves.
I think going to school and graduating with a degree = educated. And I think there are jerks with PhDs and there are jerks without even a high school diploma.

While there are many people who value common sense over scholastic work, that does not change the accepted common meaning of the word educated. I think you need to choose a different word for Trump. If you want people to get you, anyway.

It changes the fact when I've lots of so-called educated people try to make us do things that won't work anywhere but on a damned drawing board. I live in real time, not someone's dream.

And I already said what you did. Gunny's have to eat too. My comment specifically was about Trump. My comment in general is eggheads need to do something anatomically incorrect to themselves. They never know what they're talking about.

Abbey Marie
01-31-2017, 04:33 PM
Funny when people don't pick up on the cues to get the hell out.

He may have to install some electricity to the chair cushions. Or go low-tech and just get a cattle prod or an Australian Cattle Dog.

Gunny
01-31-2017, 04:39 PM

Still doesn't make him any less of a jerk. THAT is what I was commenting on. You've turned this into a referendum on Trump. I hope he does well. I don't expect much. As a person, I haven't been able to stand him as a person since the 80s. Today is not a new day. He's a jerk with a big mouth and if he EVER talked to me the way he talks to others? His pompous ass would be at the orthodontist.

Black Diamond
01-31-2017, 04:40 PM
It changes the fact when I've lots of so-called educated people try to make us do things that won't work anywhere but on a damned drawing board. I live in real time, not someone's dream.

And I already said what you did. Gunny's have to eat too. My comment specifically was about Trump. My comment in general is eggheads need to do something anatomically incorrect to themselves. They never know what they're talking about.

I can relate to the top part I think. Some fuckstick engineering intern comes in and tries to tell me how to do my job when he hasn't been outside a classroom.... And I have been doing this for years.

i know now how to reweld parts, you ass clown.

Then he makes me fill out this paperwork, pulling me off the machine when we are on seven days per week and the customer wants our heads...

Kathianne
01-31-2017, 05:22 PM

I agree. I've said countless times that a BA, MA, even PhD doesn't mean one is well rounded or anything other than book smart. By the same token, absence of those degrees doesn't mean someone is a better person or 'just as educated.' Some are, some aren't.

I'm tired of the slam that 'a degree' makes ones opinion less because they haven't had to 'work.' LOL! Same with the cutting remarks about providing links or other things to back up a point or begin a discussion. There is nothing wrong in doing so and it makes it clear where one is going or arguing against.

I don't slam others who just put their opinion out there, sometimes I even join in with a comment.

pete311
01-31-2017, 05:36 PM
I agree. I've said countless times that a BA, MA, even PhD doesn't mean one is well rounded or anything other than book smart. By the same token, absence of those degrees doesn't mean someone is a better person or 'just as educated.' Some are, some aren't.

I'm tired of the slam that 'a degree' makes ones opinion less because they haven't had to 'work.' LOL! Same with the cutting remarks about providing links or other things to back up a point or begin a discussion. There is nothing wrong in doing so and it makes it clear where one is going or arguing against.

I don't slam others who just put their opinion out there, sometimes I even join in with a comment.

Is this how the war on academics starts? PhDs are very specialized and if the discussion is within their wheel house you ought to listen and take them seriously. Now if a PhD in mathematics start talking about Greek history, they lose their credibility.

Elessar
01-31-2017, 10:15 PM

How about injecting people that will really enforce the LAW and Constitution?

That never figures in your mindset.

Gunny
02-01-2017, 10:01 AM

Was not my intent to slam a degree/degrees. How long have you known me? I'm ALL FOR education.

At the same time there's an old saying about "where the rubber meets the road." You can have a 440 Hemi under the hood but if you have a Ford C-5 for a transmission all that power is just a waste of time, effort and money. Common sense doesn't come with a degree.

Kathianne
02-01-2017, 10:03 AM
Was not my intent to slam a degree/degrees. How long have you known me? I'm ALL FOR education.

At the same time there's an old saying about "where the rubber meets the road." You can have a 440 Hemi under the hood but if you have a Ford C-5 for a transmission all that power is just a waste of time, effort and money. Common sense doesn't come with a degree.

Nor does the possession of degrees negate commonsense.

Gunny
02-01-2017, 10:13 AM

Fine. I will choose a different word; which, is actually a phrase ... Arrogant a-hole bully. And I will STILL call him uneducated. He's about as qualified to be President as Obama was. He needs to go build a casino. A piece of paper doesn't make anyone smart. And I would rather have common sense than a puiece of paper that says I'm smart. The former will get me through life. The latter? A job at McDonald's.

fj1200
02-01-2017, 10:14 AM

Uh, yeah. :rolleyes:

BoogyMan
02-01-2017, 10:24 AM

Do you think that Yates was NOT an Obama loyalist? The blind slobbering partisanship simply makes these comments laughable, Pete. Honestly, do you think Yates was not an Obama loyalist?

Kathianne
02-01-2017, 10:27 AM
Do you think that Yates was NOT an Obama loyalist? The blind slobbering partisanship simply makes these comments laughable, Pete. Honestly, do you think Yates was not an Obama loyalist?

Unlike others at State whose resignations were accepted, she seemed to be safe, as long as she did her job. When instead she chose to be insubordinate, she was rightly fired.

BoogyMan
02-01-2017, 10:39 AM
Unlike others at State whose resignations were accepted, she seemed to be safe, as long as she did her job. When instead she chose to be insubordinate, she was rightly fired.

I am pretty sure we will see quite a lot of this and it will be disruptive. Washington is so full of this blind partisan ridiculousness that it is likely to blow up into a legitimate mess. The clown car will take a long time to empty.

Kathianne
02-01-2017, 10:49 AM
I am pretty sure we will see quite a lot of this and it will be disruptive. Washington is so full of this blind partisan ridiculousness that it is likely to blow up into a legitimate mess. The clown car will take a long time to empty.

I have to agree. Traditionally when Republicans 'come to power' most of the folks think along the lines of, 'Great, I hope it lasts long enough to get things done.' They don't assume that something done on the fly, EO's come to mind, will stand the test of time. They want to work within the rules, believing in the long run the country will be better served.

Democrats on the other hand, when they win the majority, assume folks have 'come to see the light.' They can do anything, such as ram Obamacare down the throats of the electorate. Why? They do believe they are superior, not only because they were elected, but because they have the best ideas, even when they've been tried and failed numerous times.

Today things are different. We'll see how it all plays out. The first week had so many things I could rally too, though I remained cautious. Then there were somethings that were so reminiscent of 'the other party.'

I concede that this administration has a doubly hard road, they not only have the 'other party' they have many that voted for them, but are truly concerned about what the administration really stands for. Then there are those that have an intrinsic distrust based on philosophy, but will give credit when due.

There is a definite appeal/repel dichotomy playing out.

Abbey Marie
02-01-2017, 10:59 AM
Ted Cruz on the Yates' firing. Love it.

After eight long years of a lawless Obama Department of Justice, it is fitting–and sad–that the very last act of the Obama DOJ is for the Acting AG to defy the newly elected President, refuse to enforce the law, and force the President to fire her. Sally Yates now joins the ignominious succession, from Eric Holder to Loretta Lynch, of Attorneys General who put brazen partisan interests above fidelity to law.

http://thefederalistpapers.org/us/ted-cruz-issues-statement-on-trump-asst-ag-firing-and-its-epic

SassyLady
02-01-2017, 11:00 PM
Nor does the possession of degrees negate commonsense.

Touche!

Gunny
02-02-2017, 10:13 AM
Touche!

There's no touche because I won't back off my comment. Let's keep it in context though. I was referring to a mindset, not whether they got paper that says they're smart. I got a foot locker full of paper that says I'n all kinds of things. When I went to work as a Marine or electrician guess where that paper still was? In the footlocker.

Worst two people in MY world are Naval Academy grads who won't get off the boat, and electrical engineers that have never strapped on a toolbelt. Anyone can talk a good game. What matters is whether or not you can PLAY the game. I have no time nor patience for the former, regardless what their paper says they can do.

I'd rather have a dumb Private who is willing to learn.

Kathianne
02-02-2017, 01:11 PM
There's no touche because I won't back off my comment. Let's keep it in context though. I was referring to a mindset, not whether they got paper that says they're smart. I got a foot locker full of paper that says I'n all kinds of things. When I went to work as a Marine or electrician guess where that paper still was? In the footlocker.

Worst two people in MY world are Naval Academy grads who won't get off the boat, and electrical engineers that have never strapped on a toolbelt. Anyone can talk a good game. What matters is whether or not you can PLAY the game. I have no time nor patience for the former, regardless what their paper says they can do.

I'd rather have a dumb Private who is willing to learn.

Actually for quite a long time you and others have put down anyone with advanced education or those working towards doing so. Imagine if Abbey and I acted the same in reverse? 'Look, I'm sure there are folks that haven't finished university or even high school that are just brilliant, some even have held jobs for some time. Still, one does wonder why they couldn't just buckle down and get some post high school education so that they could make an attempt at providing some stability to their lives and that of their families, if they ever settle down and marry?'

All the caveats to say I'm not stereotyping or ignoring that some don't have the $$ or their interests/talents did not require further education, but still painting with a broad brush to imply that most are really lazy or undisciplined.

In fact, it would be wrong, not to mention hurtful, but some have no problem doing the same in reverse.

Gunny
02-02-2017, 01:28 PM
Actually for quite a long time you and others have put down anyone with advanced education or those working towards doing so. Imagine if Abbey and I acted the same in reverse? 'Look, I'm sure there are folks that haven't finished university or even high school that are just brilliant, some even have held jobs for some time. Still, one does wonder why they couldn't just buckle down and get some post high school education so that they could make an attempt at providing some stability to their lives and that of their families, if they ever settle down and marry?'

All the caveats to say I'm not stereotyping or ignoring that some don't have the $$ or their interests/talents did not require further education, but still painting with a broad brush to imply that most are really lazy or undisciplined.

In fact, it would be wrong, not to mention hurtful, but some have no problem doing the same in reverse.

Who is "you and others"? I put down talking heads. What you call advanced achievement doesn't mean squat to me one way or the other. I have what you call "advanced achievement". But I can apply mine to the real world.

Look at our universities. BAD example. Crying rooms over an election? No thanks. I'll keep my small school where learned something besides to hate my own race and my country.

I take people at face value for what they are worth. Not what a piece of paper claims they are. You and Abbey xhose to take this personally. That's on YOU, not me. I was talking about Trump/ And the bodies stay as they lay. I stand by what I said. Having to caveat it for the overly-sensitive is getting old.

Kathianne
02-02-2017, 02:17 PM
Who is "you and others"? I put down talking heads. What you call advanced achievement doesn't mean squat to me one way or the other. I have what you call "advanced achievement". But I can apply mine to the real world.

Look at our universities. BAD example. Crying rooms over an election? No thanks. I'll keep my small school where learned something besides to hate my own race and my country.

I take people at face value for what they are worth. Not what a piece of paper claims they are. You and Abbey xhose to take this personally. That's on YOU, not me. I was talking about Trump/ And the bodies stay as they lay. I stand by what I said. Having to caveat it for the overly-sensitive is getting old.

You're welcome to stand by it, so do I regarding what I said. Besides, you did it again.

Abbey Marie
02-02-2017, 02:21 PM

Look, all I did was point out that it is wrong to say Trump is not highly educated. And I stand by that. That does not make me overly sensitive, nor does it mean that I took anything personally. I am not, and I did not. I suspect neither is Kath.

Kathianne
02-02-2017, 02:27 PM
Look, all I did was point out that it is wrong to say Trump is not highly educated. And I stand by that. That does not make me overly sensitive, nor does it mean that I took anything personally. I am not, and I did not. I suspect neither is Kath.

Agreed. I was stating that literally for years there are quite a few that from time-to-time feel that somehow putting down those that have gone to universities are really putting down others, one way or another. At other times it's that those with 'formal book learning' or otherwise backing up what they are saying are really just hiding some sort of stupidity or something-it's just putting people down.

I don't think that the remarks are aimed at anyone in particular, but the recurring theme is tiresome.

My point was that if the reverse was going on, which I know Gabby has done-aimed at a particular person, not in a general sense, folks would rightly be offended.