PDA

View Full Version : And It's Gorsuch

Kathianne
01-31-2017, 08:04 PM
President Trump walked out alone, so couldn't tell from that. Does a good job of saying what conservatives want in a SCOTUS pick. So, he named Gorsuch.

Elessar
01-31-2017, 08:09 PM
President Trump walked out alone, so couldn't tell from that. Does a good job of saying what conservatives want in a SCOTUS pick. So, he named Gorsuch.

And the Dems are going to filibuster the nomination...

Typical.

Black Diamond
01-31-2017, 08:11 PM

Typical.
Nuke 'em.

Kathianne
01-31-2017, 08:11 PM

Typical.
We'll see. They certainly are acting frisky, but I don't know if we'd seen the delays on cabinet positions today if not for the whole brouhaha over travel issues.

I'm not sure that the Dems really want to get rid of the filibuster which will happen if they act unreasonable and they've already confirmed him before.

Kathianne
01-31-2017, 08:14 PM
Listening to Gorsuch there's no doubt that he's a very agreeable person. He seems gracious and generous.

BoogyMan
01-31-2017, 08:16 PM

And he did so pretty much on time. Been a while since that has happened.

pete311
01-31-2017, 08:17 PM
Better of the two choices

aboutime
01-31-2017, 08:27 PM
Trump has the Dems in the Senate by the Short Hairs. He reminded THEM...they gave Gorsuch a TOTALLY NON-PARTISAN Vote of confidence when he become the 10th Circuit Judge.
If the Dems try the Filibuster against him......
Here's what they will get......51 Times.....

http://icansayit.com/images/nuke2.JPG

Abbey Marie
01-31-2017, 08:42 PM
I'm happy... :2up:

Black Diamond
01-31-2017, 08:54 PM
I'm happy... :2up:
Me too. I am optimistic..

Let's pray against borking. Or was it kennedying

Black Diamond
01-31-2017, 09:16 PM
This woman on tucker looks like Margot Honecker. Politics are probably similar. Lol.

Russ
01-31-2017, 10:08 PM
I was expecting Biden to quietly appear behind Gorsuch's wife and start giving her a neck massage...

Kathianne
01-31-2017, 10:34 PM
I was expecting Biden to quietly appear behind Gorsuch's wife and start giving her a neck massage...
:laugh2:

NightTrain
02-01-2017, 01:34 AM

You, sir, just won the internet.

A close second would be a candid shot of Billy Bob chewing his lip in lusty contemplation as Hellary scowls at him.

Abbey Marie
02-01-2017, 09:33 AM
Question for our group: if Judge Gorsuch was a member of a political debate board such as DP, but never used his real name, do you think his membership and comments would be discovered and used against him? What about someone applying for just an average job?

Kathianne
02-01-2017, 09:38 AM
Question for our group: if Judge Gorsuch was a member of a political debate board such as DP, but never used his real name, do you think his membership and comments would be discovered and used against him? What about someone applying for just an average job?

Indeed they would. For over a decade students and employees have been warned that social media is one source of assessing character.

Abbey Marie
02-01-2017, 09:44 AM
Indeed they would. For over a decade students and employees have been warned that social media is one source of assessing character.

It seems like people using their real name are obviously going to be out there for all to see. But those who try to disguise themselves have no shot either? I am past the stage of needing to worry about this, but young folks are very vulnerable. And they tend to feel untouchable. I guess I was hoping that at least anonymity would help.

Kathianne
02-01-2017, 09:49 AM
It seems like people using their real name are obviously going to be out there for all to see. But those who try to disguise themselves have no shot either? I am past the stage of needing to worry about this, but young folks are very vulnerable. And they tend to feel untouchable. I guess I was hoping that at least anonymity would help.

I think nearly everyone knows that any 'cover' can be broken if someone wants to badly enough. Most employers/schools don't have the reason to dig that much, they want people that 'know better' than to post things that embarrass their entity. See the ijit secret service person from Denver.

However, if someone chooses an alias, then is being vetted for political office? All bets are off.

NightTrain
02-01-2017, 10:11 AM
I would say many such people do engage anonymously over the internet and freely speak their minds, but the careless / stupid ones are found out by linking their Handle to email accounts linked to other sites that show who they are.

That's how that knucklehead who was in charge of wiping Hillary's server got identified.

Then there's the alphabet agencies who know who all of us are and they could easily tip off a hungry reporter to unleash the hounds... especially if it were a Justice saying imprudent things that went against the personal politics of the snooping agent.

Russ
02-02-2017, 07:18 AM
Agreed. And to add to the discussion, any agency that could get inside cooperation from your ISP could see all the websites you visit and could capture a sample of your actual web traffic. Same goes if they could get physical access to your pc. Or if you use the wifi access point that Comcast gives you, other users can piggyback on it too and could potentially capture/see any non-https traffic you have.

Kathianne
02-05-2017, 08:12 AM
Nevermind that it's CNN, this is an interesting discussion of where Gorsuch might fall on the conservative spectrum of the court. I like and agree with the guess that he may well influence Kennedy more than Scalia did.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/02/03/politics/neil-gorsuch-john-roberts/index.html