PDA

View Full Version : Iran and The 'Travel Ban'

Kathianne
02-01-2017, 09:13 AM
Iran has been stoking the fallout from the administration's missteps with immigration restrictions.

https://pjmedia.com/claudiarosett/spare-us-irans-pieties-on-u-s-immigration-policy/

THE ROSETT REPORT (https://pjmedia.com/claudiarosett/)Spare Us Iran's Pieties on U.S. Immigration Policy
BY CLAUDIA ROSETT (https://pjmedia.com/columnist/claudia-rosett) JANUARY 31, 2017

After eight years of President Obama's incendiary efforts to couple an expanding American welfare state with a laissez-faire approach to U.S. borders, America is finally launching a real debate over immigration policy. In our democracy, there's room for everything from the weepy Sen. Chuck Schumer (http://www.nationalreview.com/article/444407/donald-trump-travel-ban-chuck-schumer-tears-democrats) to the defiant President Trump (http://www.npr.org/2017/01/30/512467231/trump-accuses-top-democrat-of-fake-tears-over-executive-order). My hope is that America ends up willing to take as many refugees -- and immigrants generally -- as possible, subject to genuine regard for American security and preservation of our rambunctious democracy and its Constitution.

What America emphatically does not need, however, is the voice of Tehran's terror-sponsoring regime insinuating itself anywhere in this immigration debate. Which is exactly what Iran's foreign minister, Javad Zarif, has been trying to do with his recent comments that Trump's Jan. 27 executive order on immigration is "a great gift to extremists." Calling Trump's order a "Muslim ban" (which it is not), Zarif has accused the Trump administration of intruding into the friendship between the American and Iranian people, and aiding "terrorist recruitment" by "deepening fault lines exploited by extremist demagogues to swell their ranks."

Kathianne
02-01-2017, 09:22 AM
Which country works most closely with keeping Iran armed and inciting the inflammation in the ME?

CSM
02-01-2017, 09:41 AM
Which country works most closely with keeping Iran armed and inciting the inflammation in the ME?

Lichtenstein?

Abbey Marie
02-01-2017, 10:02 AM
You can thank American liberals and their mouthpiece, aka the mainstream media, for giving Minister Zarif this particular talking point.

Yes, let's wipe out our knowledge of all modern and ancient Muslim atrocities, and writings of Mohammed himself, and instead blame Trump for Muslim terrorism. What a joke.

NightTrain
02-01-2017, 10:03 AM
Lichtenstein?

Those naughty Lichters. Mighty shifty of them.

Kathianne
02-01-2017, 10:07 AM
You can thank American liberals and their mouthpiece, aka the mainstream media, for giving Minister Zarif this particular talking point.

Yes, let's wipe out our knowledge of all modern and ancient Muslim atrocities, and writings of Mohammed himself, and instead blame Trump for Muslim terrorism. What a joke.

I was not trying to insinuate any such thing, quite the opposite. It's not the US that holds any sway over Iran. Which country/leader does? Who gives to Iran and benefits from their actions? In other words, Iran is which country's proxy?

There is no doubt that the previous administration massively mishandled both Iran and its benefactor. The applause for the enemies of Obama though, is not in the US interests, however.

America first, (a term I loathe), does not mean to close your eyes to what is before you-no matter how much pain they inflicted on an internal foe.

Abbey Marie
02-01-2017, 10:10 AM
I was not trying to insinuate any such thing, quite the opposite. It's not the US that holds any sway over Iran. Which country/leader does? Who gives to Iran and benefits from their actions? In other words, Iran is which country's proxy?

There is no doubt that the previous administration massively mishandled both Iran and its benefactor. The applause for the enemies of Obama though, is not in the US interests, however.

America first, (a term I loathe), does not mean to close your eyes to what is before you-no matter how much pain they inflicted on an internal foe.

I didn't say you were, and I get your point. I'm expressing my opinion about what I believe is the biggest falsehood of the quotes in the article.

Gunny
02-01-2017, 11:27 AM

Iran is no one's proxy, Kath. Changing their names and they're STILL Persia and been trying to take over the world since Biblical days. You can put lipstick on a pig, but at the end of the day, still a pig. They aren't going to quit. The only way we have ever stopped them was through force.

Our government and people underestimate that enemy greatly.

Kathianne
02-01-2017, 12:21 PM
Iran is no one's proxy, Kath. Changing their names and they're STILL Persia and been trying to take over the world since Biblical days. You can put lipstick on a pig, but at the end of the day, still a pig. They aren't going to quit. The only way we have ever stopped them was through force.

Our government and people underestimate that enemy greatly.

Sure are acting like a proxy, shipping arms to Hezbollah and others. They are with Russia in Syria, while the reasons maybe different, the means are the same.

Gunny
02-01-2017, 12:31 PM
Sure are acting like a proxy, shipping arms to Hezbollah and others. They are with Russia in Syria, while the reasons maybe different, the means are the same.

They are using others as THEIR proxies. They do business with whoever will do business and not ask questions. Russia in particular has been the main facilitator in that since the end of the Cold War. Syria did all its business with France and Russia.

They'd buy from us if we'd sell. Iranians are as nationalistic as it gets. Add their religion in and they are actually our most dangerous enemy.

Black Diamond
02-01-2017, 04:37 PM
Lichtenstein?
From those castles. :laugh:

gabosaurus
02-01-2017, 09:43 PM
If Trump's intention was to curtail terrorists entering the U.S., why did he exclude Saudi Arabia and Egypt from the ban list?
The Saudis houses and funded nine of the Sept. 11 terrorists and continue to encourage terrorism to this day. Egypt is a current hotbed of Islamic terrorism and hosts many of the worst group. Same for the United Arab Emirates.

Is it because Trump's corporate interests do large amounts of business with these three countries? Without the above three, Trump's ban has no teeth.

Kathianne
02-01-2017, 09:45 PM
If Trump's intention was to curtail terrorists entering the U.S., why did he exclude Saudi Arabia and Egypt from the ban list?
The Saudis houses and funded nine of the Sept. 11 terrorists and continue to encourage terrorism to this day. Egypt is a current hotbed of Islamic terrorism and hosts many of the worst group. Same for the United Arab Emirates.

Is it because Trump's corporate interests do large amounts of business with these three countries? Without the above three, Trump's ban has no teeth.

Obama's list. Obama's creation of the problems in Syria and Lebanon, creating the crisis.

SassyLady
02-01-2017, 09:48 PM

He's currently using the list compiled by Obama. Give him time.

aboutime
02-01-2017, 09:53 PM

Let's do it your way gabby. Your way, and the Liberal, DNC way. Instead of the President doing what he did...to upset all of you. He just IGNORED the possibility that one, or more of the THOUSANDS of people coming into YOUR NEIGHBORHOOD, and THE NATION might want to KILL AMERICANS LIKE YOU, AND ME. Because it OFFENDED or UPSET all of the future DEAD PEOPLE who hated Trump as much as YOU DO.

What amazes me about many of you Liberal, Tree Hugging Members of DP is...how easily you are so willing to show the rest of us HOW ABSOLUTELY IMMATURE, and STUPID you really are.

CSM
02-02-2017, 07:26 AM
I was being sarcastic about Lichtenstein for those that don't know me.

I have no doubt that Iran is no proxy for any other country. They will, however, align themselves with other nations as long as it serves their purpose.