PDA

View Full Version : Administration: Iran Is 'On Notice'

Kathianne
02-01-2017, 03:04 PM
No one quite clear what that means, hopefully some clarity is coming.

Elessar
02-01-2017, 03:23 PM
No one quite clear what that means, hopefully some clarity is coming.

Link?

Kathianne
02-01-2017, 03:28 PM
Link?

It's breaking.

http://www.cnbc.com/2017/02/01/trump-white-house-says-its-putting-iran-on-notice.html

Maybe a bit more?

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trump-iran-idUSKBN15G5ED

jimnyc
02-01-2017, 03:36 PM
I'm afraid it will be the same - and that's why Iran does what it does - and that will be a ton of warnings, maybe a couple of harmless sanctions, and that's it. I don't claim to know the answer honestly. But Iran is downright laughing at any agreement they "agreed" to and continuing to do as they please - with a lot of money they didn't have before!

Kathianne
02-01-2017, 03:40 PM
I'm afraid it will be the same - and that's why Iran does what it does - and that will be a ton of warnings, maybe a couple of harmless sanctions, and that's it. I don't claim to know the answer honestly. But Iran is downright laughing at any agreement they "agreed" to and continuing to do as they please - with a lot of money they didn't have before!
We'll see. FOX is reporting that someone is to come out and explain, but I'm not sure who. Tillerson was just confirmed, so I doubt he could be up to speed on this yet.

I may be wrong, but seems like there is bi-partisan support for getting Iran tamped down.

jimnyc
02-01-2017, 03:46 PM
We'll see. FOX is reporting that someone is to come out and explain, but I'm not sure who. Tillerson was just confirmed, so I doubt he could be up to speed on this yet.

I may be wrong, but seems like there is bi-partisan support for getting Iran tamped down.

I think it should be support from both sides at this point. They need to get sanctions that were worse than the last time. I'm not sure what else, I don't think aggression is the answer at this point, but they are literally just saying FU and doing whatever they please. Oh, and wishing for our death too. :)

Black Diamond
02-01-2017, 03:48 PM

We could allow Israel to kick hell out of her.....

Black Diamond
02-01-2017, 03:48 PM
I think it should be support from both sides at this point. They need to get sanctions that were worse than the last time. I'm not sure what else, I don't think aggression is the answer at this point, but they are literally just saying FU and doing whatever they please. Oh, and wishing for our death too. :)

Did this missile test violate the Iran deal that Kerry negotiated? ?

jimnyc
02-01-2017, 03:50 PM
Did this missile test violate the Iran deal that Kerry negotiated? ?

Yes, but of course Iran claims it's all for peaceful purposes. But no ICMB missiles were part of the deal, but Iran always likes to rewrite any such deals as they go along.

Kathianne
02-01-2017, 03:53 PM
Yes, but of course Iran claims it's all for peaceful purposes. But no ICMB missiles were part of the deal, but Iran always likes to rewrite any such deals as they go along.

I think specifically they are citing a UN resolution or something out of the UN.

Black Diamond
02-01-2017, 03:56 PM
So Israel is supposed to wait until one (or several) of those missiles hits Tel Aviv? And then the UN still won't allow her to do anything.

Kathianne
02-01-2017, 04:27 PM
Not clear if it's all related, but seems that some Republican lawmakers are introducing a bill for new sanctions against Iran. No links yet.

Kathianne
02-01-2017, 04:50 PM
Ok, hoping whatever this is all about has some thought beyond the minute.

Seems Flynn tipped his hand or something, the National Security Council is in a 'hastily called meeting.' More information expected shortly. (I'll probably be gone, hope someone else keeps this up to date.)

Elessar
02-01-2017, 07:21 PM
We are officially putting Iran on notice.

http://insider.foxnews.com/2017/02/01/flynn-were-officially-putting-iran-notice-after-missile-launch?nmsrc=email&utm_source=newsletter&utm_campaign=scoop&utm_medium=email

About time. Obama did not do crap with this threat except to assuage it.

Noir
02-01-2017, 07:37 PM
Threats for Iran, I also hear there have been notions of a US milatary presence in Mexico thrown about. I hope your troops have the appetite for a busy schedule.

Black Diamond
02-01-2017, 07:44 PM
Threats for Iran, I also hear there have been notions of a US milatary presence in Mexico thrown about. I hope your troops have the appetite for a busy schedule.
Iran violated a UN resolution by testing a missile. I am sure you snowflakes blame Israel or America for that or that they are justified in this action. Trump should not be so mean to the nice terrorists.

Black Diamond
02-01-2017, 07:47 PM
And let's not forget the attack on a Saudi boat which may have been meant for Americans.

jimnyc
02-01-2017, 07:49 PM

There won't be any troops in Mexico for anything. The threats towards Iran will end up with sanctions, and hopefully supported by others. No troops. A big wall though.

Black Diamond
02-01-2017, 07:50 PM
There won't be any troops in Mexico for anything. The threats towards Iran will end up with sanctions, and hopefully supported by others. No troops. A big wall though.
I just thought of this: is being put on notice a threat?

Noir
02-01-2017, 07:51 PM
There won't be any troops in Mexico for anything.

Then Trump shouldn't make idle threats.

jimnyc
02-01-2017, 07:52 PM
Iran violated a UN resolution by testing a missile. I am sure you snowflakes blame Israel or America for that or that they are justified in this action. Trump should not be so mean to the nice terrorists.

Obama and Kerry create the worst deal ever with Iran. Iran abuses it from the get go. They continue until the try the missile right after Trump is in office. His admin responds with the "on notice". Noir will want to lay this on Trump's doorstep somehow, as if it's his fault. Same as adding in the BS about troops in Mexico.

Elessar

And what would you know?

You hide behind a hedge and sling crap at real respondenters.'

jimnyc
Then Trump shouldn't make idol threats.

Link?

jimnyc
02-01-2017, 07:53 PM
I just thought of this: is being put on notice a threat?

Oh, this is what he means? That doesn't mean troops, dumbass, that could very easily, and likely, be referring to sanctions.

Noir
02-01-2017, 07:58 PM
Link?
http://www.debatepolicy.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=9673&stc=1

Black Diamond
02-01-2017, 08:00 PM
Maybe they are not threats. If you snowflakes don't want a wall, how about a war. I am all about manifest destiny. Let's extend our borders to Colombia. Take Mexico's oil while we are at it .

jimnyc
02-01-2017, 08:02 PM
http://www.debatepolicy.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=9673&stc=1

https://apnews.com/0b3f5db59b2e4aa78cdbbf008f27fb49

I just read the breaking news on Drudgereport too. And I agree, THAT was an idle threat. I know for sure that no troops are going into Mexico, nor any into Iran. The rhetoric and bigmouthery is on full speed with this one. He really needs to back off with such comments. He's transparent, but can still lead to more than just bad relations.

jimnyc
02-01-2017, 08:03 PM
Does anyone have access to the entire transcript of the call?

Elessar
02-01-2017, 08:03 PM

What would you care? You'll still hide behind your hedges slinging brickbats and insults.

Elessar
02-01-2017, 08:05 PM

I gave the link. Read it, Idiot:

http://www.foxnews.com/

aboutime
02-01-2017, 08:16 PM
Unlike Obama, who always told, or warned our enemies WHEN, WHERE, and HOW he planned to take action. President Trump, and his appointed Cabinet members who are responsible for OUR SAFETY...Does not, and Will not tell anyone...especially the LIARS in the PRESS....WHEN, WHERE, and HOW he will handle such problems.....BEFORE he takes action.

Noir
02-01-2017, 08:18 PM
And I agree, THAT was an idle threat. I know for sure that no troops are going into Mexico, nor any into Iran. The rhetoric and bigmouthery is on full speed with this one. He really needs to back off with such comments. He's transparent, but can still lead to more than just bad relations.

Careful now, agreeing with me could well earn you some insults from 'real responders' =p
idk it's all looking very amateur from my position, as Kathianne alluded to in the OP, these kinda statements are made an no-one really knows what they mean, that kinda stuff can pass in an election race, but not afterwards.

Elessar
02-01-2017, 08:30 PM

You are just so stupid.

8 years of Obama rattling cardboard swords makes you brave all of a sudden?

Elessar
02-01-2017, 08:33 PM
Maybe they are not threats. If you snowflakes don't want a wall, how about a war. I am all about manifest destiny. Let's extend our borders to Colombia. Take Mexico's oil while we are at it .

I would not go that far, but immigrate Noir to live in Mexico to see how he likes it.
'

Black Diamond
02-01-2017, 08:35 PM
I would not go that far, but immigrate Noir to live in Mexico to see how he likes it.
'
Me neither but if I am going to get compared to good Germans in the 1930s, I'm gonna get my money's worth.

Kathianne
02-01-2017, 08:40 PM
https://apnews.com/0b3f5db59b2e4aa78cdbbf008f27fb49

I just read the breaking news on Drudgereport too. And I agree, THAT was an idle threat. I know for sure that no troops are going into Mexico, nor any into Iran. The rhetoric and bigmouthery is on full speed with this one. He really needs to back off with such comments. He's transparent, but can still lead to more than just bad relations.

I'm not sure that it's even true, it's hard to believe anyone who'd paid attention to politics as long as it appears that Trump has, would know it's not appropriate.

That's not 'transparency,' that is humiliating. Countries do fight wars for honor, historically it's among the most significant reasons.

If true, couple it with the phone call earlier this week about making Mexico pay for the wall, after it seemed there was agreement to drop that from public discussion. There really are reasons diplomacy was invented and this style may have been one of the reasons?

Thucydides named three causes for the outbreak of the Peloponnesian Wars:

http://www.thelatinlibrary.com/imperialism/readings/thucydides1.html

76. "It was in keeping with the practice of mankind for us to accept an empire that was offered to us, and if we refused to give it up under the pressure of three of the strongest motives, fear, honor, and self-interest. And it is not we who set the example, for it has always been the law that the weaker should be subject to the stronger. Besides, we believed ourselves to be worthy of our position, and so you thought until now, when calculations of interest have made you take up the cry of justice — a consideration that no one has ever yet brought forward to hinder his ambition when he had a chance of gaining anything by might. And praise is due to all who, if not so superior to human nature as to refuse dominion, yet respect justice more than their position compels them to do.

aboutime
02-01-2017, 09:28 PM
Fake news is everywhere. My wife read today...on Facebook, where some LIBERAL IDIOT said Mike Pence spent 16 months in jail.

Only the Braindead, Douchebags, Illiterate, Haters of Everything believe this crap. And all we need to do is TURN AROUND to find another one....Doing the same crap.