PDA

View Full Version : Trump and Ivanka To Meet Fallen Seal

Kathianne
02-01-2017, 03:41 PM
Heading to meet the body of seal killed in Yemen.

Abbey Marie
02-01-2017, 03:48 PM
Heading to meet the body of seal killed in Yemen.

Thank you for posting this. Are they heading to Dover, Delaware, or further afield?

jimnyc
02-01-2017, 03:51 PM
Thank you for posting this. Are they heading to Dover, Delaware, or further afield?

Dover, I think.

Kathianne
02-01-2017, 03:51 PM

I don't know, I think I heard 'minutes' so I'd assume Dover? I'm half listening, it seems to be breaking news after breaking news and I'm trying not to fall asleep before my 3:45 PT. ;)

Abbey Marie
02-01-2017, 03:55 PM
The USO I volunteered at in the Philly airport greets and takes care of "Families of the Fallen". They often fly into Philly for its proximity to Dover. We put them up in a private lounge, feed them, and facilitate all their travel needs. They are never left alone while in the area. It is such deeply sad work, but so beautiful, too.

So, just know that when you support the USO, particularly Liberty USO in Philly, you support important work such as this.

God rest his soul.

Elessar
02-01-2017, 07:05 PM
https://www.aol.com/article/news/2017/02/01/trump-makes-surprise-trip-on-presidential-helicopter-to-honor-re/21705255/

Never saw Obama do this.

Elessar
02-01-2017, 07:53 PM
Dover it will be.

Abbey Marie
02-01-2017, 10:57 PM
Went to my book club tonight, which is 100% liberal except for me. They were scoffing at Trump for going to do this, and were saying he just did it for a photo op. Even after I explained that he went there secretly, and instructed that no one tell the media until after he arrived.

I finally just just said I believe his heart was in the right place, and I thought he did it for the right reason.

Nothing but silence in response.

Northern Delaware stinks.