PDA

View Full Version : US Libs Leaving For Canada

red states rule
08-02-2007, 04:38 AM
Once in awhile, the liberal media does report some good news

It seems liberals in the US are moving to Canada! Anyone need some help packing?

Good News from ABC: American Liberals Leaving for Canada
By Mark Finkelstein | August 1, 2007 - 14:23 ET
Who says the MSM only report bad news? An online ABC News story reports that emigration from the US to Canada has increased dramatically . . . and that the departees are largely liberals. Hollywood stars never get around to making good on their promises to leave. But many everyday liberal folks are apparently carrying through on their plans.

According to the article:

The number of U.S. citizens who moved to Canada last year hit a 30-year high, with a 20 percent increase over the previous year and almost double the number who moved in 2000.

The current increase is fueled largely by social and political reasons, says [Jack Jedwab of the Association for Canadian Studies.]

"Those who are coming have the highest level of education — these aren't people who can't get a job in the states," he explains. "They're coming because many of them don't like the politics, the Iraq War and the security situation in the U.S. By comparison, Canada is a tension-free place. People feel safer."

The article includes anecdotes of two Americans who have made the northward move:

Tom Kertes, a 34-year-old labor organizer who moved from Seattle to Toronto in Aprilbecause of President Bush's opposition to gay marriage, and the tactics employed during the war on terror since 9/11. "My mother is thinking about it. My stepfather has diabetes and has health issues. So, he'd be taken care of for free if he moved up here." [Say, I wonder if the US could attract more immigrants if we provided "free" healthcare?]

Jo Davenport, who wrote "The Canadian Way," moved from Atlanta to Nova Scotia in December 2001. She also cites political reasons for her move, saying that she disagreed with the Bush administration's decisions after 9/11. "Things are totally different here because they care about their people here," she says, explaining that she's only been back home once or twice.
Good news, eh?

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/mark-finkelstein/2007/08/01/good-news-abc-american-liberals-leaving-canada

red states rule
08-02-2007, 04:40 AM
O, Canada! More Americans Heading North
The Number of Americans Moving to Canada in 2006 Hit a 30-Year High

By MARCUS BARAM
July 31, 2007
Font Size

Print
Share Blame Canada!

It may seem like a quiet country where not much happens besides ice hockey, curling and beer drinking. But our neighbor to the north is proving to be quite the draw for thousands of disgruntled Americans.

The number of U.S. citizens who moved to Canada last year hit a 30-year high, with a 20 percent increase over the previous year and almost double the number who moved in 2000.

In 2006, 10,942 Americans went to Canada, compared with 9,262 in 2005 and 5,828 in 2000, according to a survey by the Association for Canadian Studies.

Of course, those numbers are still outweighed by the number of Canadians going the other way. Yet, that imbalance is shrinking. Last year, 23,913 Canadians moved to the United States, a significant decrease from 29,930 in 2005.

"There has been a definite increase in the past five years — the number hasn't exceeded 10,000 since 1977," says Jack Jedwab, the association's executive director. "During the mid-70s, Canada admitted between 22,000 and 26,000 Americans a year, most of whom were draft dodgers from the Vietnam War."

The current increase appears to be fueled largely by social and political reasons, says Jedwab, based on anecdotal evidence.

"Those who are coming have the highest level of education — these aren't people who can't get a job in the states," he says. "They're coming because many of them don't like the politics, the Iraq War and the security situation in the U.S. By comparison, Canada is a tension-free place. People feel safer."

One recent immigrant is Tom Kertes, a 34-year-old labor organizer who moved from Seattle to Toronto in April.

Kertes attributes his motivation to President Bush's opposition to gay marriage, and the tactics employed during the war on terror since 9/11.

"I wanted a country that respected my human rights and the rights of others," he says. "We joked about it after Bush won re-election, but it took us a while to go through the application."

Kertes, who moved with his partner, is happy in his new home. "Canada is a really nice country. My mother is thinking about it. My stepfather has diabetes and has health issues. So, he'd be taken care of for free if he moved up here."

for the complete article

http://www.abcnews.go.com/US/story?id=3433005&page=1

KarlMarx
08-02-2007, 09:00 AM
It's about time... many were threatening to leave the country if Bush was re-elected. It's good to know that many of them are finally keeping their word.

But, think about it. If they love this country so much, if they're such patriots, why are they leaving?

Nukeman
08-02-2007, 09:39 AM
10 bucks says they come running back when the Canadian health system becomes so taxed by these bloated idiots they have to raise taxes even higher to pay for them.....

PostmodernProphet
08-02-2007, 10:11 AM
It's amazing the sacrifices some people are willing to make, just to make America a better place to live.....my thanks to all the leaving liberals.....

Hagbard Celine
08-02-2007, 10:30 AM
It's amazing the sacrifices some people are willing to make, just to make America a better place to live.....my thanks to all the leaving liberals.....

You know how when a minority family moves into the neighborhood, their conservative, white neighbors will say things like "Great, there goes the property value?" That's how I feel when I see threads like these.

PostmodernProphet
08-02-2007, 10:42 AM
their conservative, white neighbors will say things like "Great, there goes the property value?"

if you think that is a 'conservative' reaction, I can see where your subtitle comes from.......

Hagbard Celine
08-02-2007, 11:08 AM
if you think that is a 'conservative' reaction, I can see where your subtitle comes from.......

Oh really? Can yuh see that?............................................. .....

PostmodernProphet
08-02-2007, 11:39 AM
do you think racism is a 'conservative' phenomena?

Hagbard Celine
08-02-2007, 11:47 AM
do you think racism is a 'conservative' phenomena?

No, I think racists tend to be conservative. You've missed the point anyway bogging yourself down in the issue of racism. The point is that these bash "libs" (whatever a "lib" is) threads are dragging the board down into banality. You guys seem to have forgotten that the enemy is terrorism, poverty, bad-health and ignorance. Continually attacking "libs" (your own countrymen) and pretending like opposing viewpoints are evil is no way to run a nation.

PostmodernProphet
08-02-2007, 12:24 PM
You guys seem to have forgotten that the enemy is terrorism, poverty, bad-health and ignorance.

not at all, liberals are merely the obstacles on the path to the enemy.....

glockmail
08-02-2007, 01:02 PM
No, I think racists tend to be conservative. You've missed the point anyway bogging yourself down in the issue of racism. The point is that these bash "libs" (whatever a "lib" is) threads are dragging the board down into banality. You guys seem to have forgotten that the enemy is terrorism, poverty, bad-health and ignorance. Continually attacking "libs" (your own countrymen) and pretending like opposing viewpoints are evil is no way to run a nation.

Actually its Democrats who tend to be racist. See the Civil War.

I attack liberals because they are the enemy of the united states. They rail aginst everthing that this country stands for, and with regards to the WOT, are now unhappy that the situation in Iraq is improving. Many liberals have commited treason and the remainder would if they could without getting their ass off the couch.

Hagbard Celine
08-02-2007, 01:07 PM

I attack liberals because they are the enemy of the united states. They rail aginst everthing that this country stands for, and with regards to the WOT, are now unhappy that the situation in Iraq is improving. Many liberals have commited treason and the remainder would if they could without getting their ass off the couch.
Got anything at all to support this bs? Blow your opinion out your rear.

glockmail
08-02-2007, 01:10 PM
Got anything at all to support this bs? Blow your opinion out your rear. The first part of the bolded sentence is documented by Ann Coulter in her book "Treason". The remainder is pure conjecture on my part based on some of the rabid but lazy liberals I've know.

nevadamedic
08-02-2007, 01:23 PM
Once in awhile, the liberal media does report some good news

It seems liberals in the US are moving to Canada! Anyone need some help packing?

Good News from ABC: American Liberals Leaving for Canada
By Mark Finkelstein | August 1, 2007 - 14:23 ET
Who says the MSM only report bad news? An online ABC News story reports that emigration from the US to Canada has increased dramatically . . . and that the departees are largely liberals. Hollywood stars never get around to making good on their promises to leave. But many everyday liberal folks are apparently carrying through on their plans.

According to the article:

The current increase is fueled largely by social and political reasons, says [Jack Jedwab of the Association for Canadian Studies.]

"Those who are coming have the highest level of education — these aren't people who can't get a job in the states," he explains. "They're coming because many of them don't like the politics, the Iraq War and the security situation in the U.S. By comparison, Canada is a tension-free place. People feel safer."

The article includes anecdotes of two Americans who have made the northward move:

Tom Kertes, a 34-year-old labor organizer who moved from Seattle to Toronto in Aprilbecause of President Bush's opposition to gay marriage, and the tactics employed during the war on terror since 9/11. "My mother is thinking about it. My stepfather has diabetes and has health issues. So, he'd be taken care of for free if he moved up here." [Say, I wonder if the US could attract more immigrants if we provided "free" healthcare?]

Jo Davenport, who wrote "The Canadian Way," moved from Atlanta to Nova Scotia in December 2001. She also cites political reasons for her move, saying that she disagreed with the Bush administration's decisions after 9/11. "Things are totally different here because they care about their people here," she says, explaining that she's only been back home once or twice.
Good news, eh?

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/mark-finkelstein/2007/08/01/good-news-abc-american-liberals-leaving-canada

Good riddance!

Abbey Marie
08-02-2007, 03:00 PM
really?....I have always found the opposite to be true....on another board we discussed the best way to attract black voters.....the conservatives talked about job creation and school choice......the liberals talked about increased welfare and lower penalties for drug use.....which ones were the racists......

Nice juxtaposition of policies, Prophet. It paints a very clear picture.

red states rule
08-02-2007, 06:42 PM
It's about time... many were threatening to leave the country if Bush was re-elected. It's good to know that many of them are finally keeping their word.

But, think about it. If they love this country so much, if they're such patriots, why are they leaving?

Alec Baldwin said he would leave if Pres Bush won in 2000. His ass is still here - to bad for us

red states rule
08-02-2007, 06:43 PM
10 bucks says they come running back when the Canadian health system becomes so taxed by these bloated idiots they have to raise taxes even higher to pay for them.....

How true

red states rule
08-02-2007, 06:45 PM
You know how when a minority family moves into the neighborhood, their conservative, white neighbors will say things like "Great, there goes the property value?" That's how I feel when I see threads like these.

White libs are the first ones to bellow about being so compassionate and tolerant of others - but when a black family moves in next door, or across the street - they are the first ones to put a "For Sale" sign in their front yard

Angel Heart
08-02-2007, 06:49 PM
really?....I have always found the opposite to be true....on another board we discussed the best way to attract black voters.....the conservatives talked about job creation and school choice......the liberals talked about increased welfare and lower penalties for drug use.....which ones were the racists......

Liberals tend to have the view that Mexicans can't learn English. That they can't do what the other groups that have come to America.

red states rule
08-02-2007, 06:50 PM

You want racism - look at your party

From the 06 election cycle

Race mongers have been
right all the time

Posted: November 8, 2005
1:00 a.m. Eastern

I have come to the conclusion that the bigoted liberal race mongers are right. They get what the cogent reasoned minds of conservatives, evangelicals and most moderates have missed all these many years. I concede to being wrong and misguided – and I ask all conservatives, evangelicals and reasonable moderates to do same. Because in the final analysis, we have been wrong. Bigoted liberal race mongers get it – it is we who do not.

Conservative blacks do not represent the views of liberal mainstream black America. A editorial writer for the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel wrote that Justice Thomas deserved an asterisk by his name, because he didn't "represent the views of mainstream black America." ("A nomination that will divide," Oct. 31, 2005) Which is code suggesting Justice Thomas isn't really black, and the editorial page editor acknowledged as much during my conversation with him.

The author's attempt at sarcastic, cutesy humor failed. Simians are cute; comedians are humorous; and while a Darwinian could make the case for the author's simian ancestry, suffice it to say while not funny, he was correct.

Thomas – and those of us like him, regardless of color – does not represent the views or interests of those referenced by the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. Thomas represents decency and accomplishment based on meritocracy. Thomas believes that one is propelled upward in life because they grasp the principals of a good education and marketable skills.

Thomas like other conservatives, evangelicals and most moderates believe in civility, two-parent households and the Constitution. We share his methodical drive from Pin Point, Ga., to Yale, to the Supreme Court. We would be proud to have our children mirror him. We dare believe that had God wanted us to act like animals, He would have given us four legs.

We also believe that debates are won on the merits and strength of one's argument – not by calling someone you disagree with a "nigger," "Uncle Tom," "Aunt Jemima," or sellout, and non-blacks who disagree with you "racists."

The author of the aforementioned editorial could not attack Justice Thomas on merit, but he – along with the paper he represents – by his actions, shows the depth of moral turpitude they will plumb to cast aspersions on blacks and women who do not ascribe to their perversion of reality.

Consider the ad hominem assaults on Lt. Gov. Michael Steele, R-Md. He is viciously castigated because he dares to exercise his right to shed the shackles of self-inflicted victimization. A friend wrote me saying: "I thought being free meant one had the right to one's own opinion regardless of race." My response was: "Not if you're a black, conservative Republican."

The Washington Times reported that black Democrat [bigots] in Maryland gave their approval for "racially tinged attacks against Steele because he is a conservative Republican." ("'Party Trumps Race' for Steele Foes," S.A. Miller, Nov. 2, 2005)

The article reported Steele has been pelted with Oreo cookies and called Uncle Tom. It quoted State Sen. Lisa A. Gladden, a black Baltimore Democrat who said: "She does not expect her party to pull punches, including racial jabs at Steele ... [because] party trumps race."

The same Times article reported "Delegate Salima Siler Marriot, a black Baltimore Democrat, said Mr. Steele invites comparisons to a slave who loves his cruel master or a cookie that is black on the outside and white inside because [of] his conservative political philosophy ... because he is a conservative, he is different than most public blacks." It's difficult to argue with that logic, but I digress.

Also quoted were Senate President Thomas vs. Mike Miller Jr., who called Steele an "Uncle Tom," and State Sen. Verna Jones, Baltimore Democrat and vice chairman of the General Assembly's legislative black caucus who said "black Republicans deserve criticism ..."

All of this at a time – as reported by North Carolina's News14 – smart black children are being accused of acting white by getting good grades and speaking proper English. ("Triangle educators debate racial issues at conference," updated: Oct. 28, 2005, Tracey Early and Webb Staff).

So you see they're right: Conservatives, evangelicals and most moderates don't represent their issues. We embrace much higher concerns. Their issues are immiseration, despair, blame, hatred and bigotry. Content and character of a person be damned as long as he is liberal and blames white Republicans, they reason.

While they have convinced me of being wrong on one level, they have further convinced me that the Democrat Party is fully supportive of their botulistic racism – such could not take place without the party headquarters' tacit imprimatur of approval. But even so, they are just being true to their history.

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=47292

red states rule
08-02-2007, 06:52 PM

Libs defend black libs if they are the victim of racism

If it is a black conservative who is the target of racism - libs say fuck 'em

red states rule
08-02-2007, 06:53 PM
Liberals tend to have the view that Mexicans can't learn English. That they can't do what the other groups that have come to America.

That way they are kept in low paying jobs, and dems can bribe them into voting for them by offering them government handouts

PostmodernProphet
08-02-2007, 07:01 PM
if conservatives are more racist than liberals, how is it that Al Sharpton can only generate 5% of the Democratic primary vote in a party that's 20% black?

red states rule
08-02-2007, 07:08 PM
if conservatives are more racist than liberals, how is it that Al Sharpton can only generate 5% of the Democratic primary vote in a party that's 20% black?

Do you deny the racist attacks the left unleashes on conservative blacks?

Did you read the post where I listed a couple - I have a lot more

Abbey Marie
08-02-2007, 07:37 PM
Do you deny the racist attacks the left unleashes on conservative blacks?

Did you read the post where I listed a couple - I have a lot more

I think he's agreeing with you.

red states rule
08-02-2007, 07:42 PM
I think he's agreeing with you.

With him you never really know

Abbey Marie
08-02-2007, 07:48 PM

Well, that may be, but since I don't know him, I'm just going by what he posted in the thread.

PostmodernProphet
08-02-2007, 07:48 PM

you do seem to have trouble figuring things out.....not only would I not deny it, I will help you accuse them of it.....

look, just because you aren't as conservative as I am, is no reason to be all hostile.....

red states rule
08-02-2007, 07:50 PM
you do seem to have trouble figuring things out.....not only would I not deny it, I will help you accuse them of it.....

look, just because you aren't as conservative as I am, is no reason to be all hostile.....

on one thread you are a conservative on others you are a liberal

just can't seem to keep your stories straight

Angel Heart
08-02-2007, 07:51 PM
Hey I have some views that are 'liberal' and several that are 'concervative'. It's a subject by subject thing. I DON'T vote down party lines.

red states rule
08-02-2007, 07:53 PM
Hey I have some views that are 'liberal' and several that are 'concervative'. It's a subject by subject thing. I DON'T vote down party lines.

But he changes faster then a stripper during a raid

You are at least consistent on all topics

PostmodernProphet
08-02-2007, 08:02 PM
on one thread you are a conservative on others you are a liberal

I consider you calling me a liberal on any thread an insult....where I come from we define liberals as people who talk without thinking and lie without hesitation....so far, you are closer to the definition than I am.....

red states rule
08-02-2007, 08:04 PM
I consider you calling me a liberal on any thread an insult....where I come from we define liberals as people who talk without thinking and lie without hesitation....so far, you are closer to the definition than I am.....

Not an insult - a fact

PostmodernProphet
08-02-2007, 08:05 PM
a lie without hesitation....that seals it....

red states rule
08-02-2007, 08:07 PM
a lie without hesitation....that seals it....

Fessing up?

Took you long enough

PostmodernProphet
08-02-2007, 08:08 PM
just can't seem to keep your stories straight

I suspect the problem is, you think they ARE stories....they aren't....I am telling you what I believe....

red states rule
08-02-2007, 08:08 PM
I suspect the problem is, you think they ARE stories....they aren't....I am telling you what I believe....

Then why deny you are more a liberal then a conservative?

PostmodernProphet
08-02-2007, 08:10 PM
primarily because there is no truth to it....tell you what.....you check with me in a year or so and you can eat those words.....and then you can pay me back the rep points you took from me because I was a 'liberal'....lol....

red states rule
08-02-2007, 08:13 PM
primarily because there is no truth to it....tell you what.....you check with me in a year or so and you can eat those words.....and then you can pay me back the rep points you took from me because I was a 'liberal'....lol....

You flip flop more then anyone I have met

Whatever

PostmodernProphet
08-02-2007, 08:23 PM
You flip flop more then anyone I have met

nope, it's just that you stop short of seeing the real conservative position....

you get too caught up in the modernist template that's been imposed on you....you think you know what a conservative is supposed to say, so you say it.....but you don't take the time to think what being a conservative really means....

take the oil thread for example....liberals attack big oil so you think a conservative ought to defend big oil.....in reality, big oil is even more the enemy of conservatives than of liberals......

red states rule
08-02-2007, 08:24 PM
nope, it's just that you stop short of seeing the real conservative position....

you get too caught up in the modernist template that's been imposed on you....you think you know what a conservative is supposed to say, so you say it.....but you don't take the time to think what being a conservative really means....

:bsflag:

PostmodernProphet
08-02-2007, 08:27 PM
stick with me, Grasshopper, I shall teach you to be a real conservative.....

Yurt
08-02-2007, 08:30 PM
Um, this is not good news. My wife's family is not enjoying it. Her ex military, current correctional officer brother will take care of them just fine!

All aboard............suckers

Canadians are tired of socialists. Trust me, eh

red states rule
08-02-2007, 08:30 PM
stick with me, Grasshopper, I shall teach you to be a real conservative.....

I will try to put this as nicly as possible

:fu: