PDA

View Full Version : Rules Change : EPA Chief Pruitt Moves Out of Committee

NightTrain
02-02-2017, 11:24 AM
In response to Democrats refusing to show up to the meetings to move cabinet nominations out of committees to a Senate vote, Republicans followed Orrin Hatch's lead and suspended the rules.

We need to get Pruitt in the saddle ASAP so the EPA can begin a well deserved dismantling. 50% staff reduction is a good start, but 75% sounds a lot better.

Alaska will boom with them out of way of development, and I'm sure that there are a lot of states that will, as well.

President Donald Trump's pick to head the Environmental Protection Agency passed through committee on Thursday, sending him to the main floor for final approval.

The Republicans had to make a last minute rules change by suspending the complete panel and force a vote for Attorney General Scott Pruitt of Oklahoma because none of the Democrats on the Environment and Public Works panel, led by Sen. Tom Carper, attended the vote.

http://townhall.com/tipsheet/justinholcomb/2017/02/02/rules-change-epa-chief-pruitt-moves-forward-without-democrat-vote-n2280300

Gunny
02-02-2017, 11:32 AM
In response to Democrats refusing to show up to the meetings to move cabinet nominations out of committees to a Senate vote, Republicans followed Orrin Hatch's lead and suspended the rules.

We need to get Pruitt in the saddle ASAP so the EPA can begin a well deserved dismantling. 50% staff reduction is a good start, but 75% sounds a lot better.

Alaska will boom with them out of way of development, and I'm sure that there are a lot of states that will, as well.

http://townhall.com/tipsheet/justinholcomb/2017/02/02/rules-change-epa-chief-pruitt-moves-forward-without-democrat-vote-n2280300

You think Alaska is going to boom? Should try living down here. It almost killed this state in the 70s. Anybody against the current EPA has my vote. Anyone with common sense running what's left of it has my vote as well.

NightTrain
02-02-2017, 12:06 PM
You think Alaska is going to boom? Should try living down here. It almost killed this state in the 70s.

I have no doubt.

It's not just the economy killing regulations that the EPA has done with gusto to earn my ire, it's fanatical assistance to anything that the environmentalists support without any kind of rational discussion.

A needed road? No!

Pipeline? No!

Exploratory drilling? No! And don't even think about actually drilling for oil, you neanderthal.

Allowing badly needed updating of refineries from the '60s and '70s? No!

Any kind of coal development? No!

How about just selling the coal to other countries, then? Hell no!

What about a gold mine? Get lost.

Hydro electric projects? No way!

Someone built a pond on his own land? Fine him $75,000!

Grab power over streams, ditches, ponds and even large puddles? Awwww yeah.

Anybody against the current EPA has my vote. Anyone with common sense running what's left of it has my vote as well.

Between Trump and Pruitt, there's going to be a lot of axe-wielding going down and it can't come soon enough to suit me. There's already reports of EPA people crying inconsolably at work to the point they're being sent home.

Oh. Yeah.

Gunny
02-02-2017, 12:15 PM
I have no doubt.

It's not just the economy killing regulations that the EPA has done with gusto to earn my ire, it's fanatical assistance to anything that the environmentalists support without any kind of rational discussion.

A needed road? No!

Pipeline? No!

Exploratory drilling? No! And don't even think about actually drilling for oil, you neanderthal.

Allowing badly needed updating of refineries from the '60s and '70s? No!

Any kind of coal development? No!

How about just selling the coal to other countries, then? Hell no!

What about a gold mine? Get lost.

Hydro electric projects? No way!

Someone built a pond on his own land? Fine him $75,000!

Grab power over streams, ditches, ponds and even large puddles? Awwww yeah.

Between Trump and Pruitt, there's going to be a lot of axe-wielding going down and it can't come soon enough to suit me. There's already reports of EPA people crying inconsolably at work to the point they're being sent home.

Oh. Yeah.

Preaching to the choir, buddy. I'm for responsible use of our resources, but let's use them. Saving them for our grandchildren? They can get along like WE have had to. We're sitting on a gold mine and not allowed to touch it.

I'm sure one or two pipes running AK is going to completely destroy the ecology. Some people just need a rag stuffed in their mouth. And some brain surgery.

Who cares if we drill for oil in West Texas? You know what lives in West Texas? Brush. Jackrabbits. Coyotes. Illegal aliens. I'm sure the same is true in AK. Gonna disturb that expanse of ice no one lives on?

pete311
02-02-2017, 02:01 PM
You guys make an enemy out of the EPA when their mission is to ensure clean air, water and environments.

NightTrain
02-02-2017, 02:17 PM
You guys make an enemy out of the EPA when their mission is to ensure clean air, water and environments.

No, Petey.

Their agenda is to skirt oversight and promote their radical greenie agenda via the courts, skewing public comment by hiring leftist media manipulators, etc.

Would you like to be educated on what nefarious activities they've been up to, Petey?

Elessar
02-02-2017, 07:29 PM

Parts of the EPA are fine. Others are total fallacy. The fallacy has to be curtailed.

Little-Acorn
02-02-2017, 08:07 PM

When some of the children refuse to play with others and make trouble, you have to spank them regularly and make them sit in the corner.

It may or may not cure their temper-tantrum behavior and squalling. But it will get them out of the way.

aboutime
02-02-2017, 09:57 PM

No petey. You have no idea what you are talking about. The EPA has created really dumb, and actually stupid rules for common people to either obey, or lose their livelihood. Why should a govt. agency have the power to STOP you, or me, or anyone from collecting rain water in a barrel? Or, putting your property off limits because a SNAIL, or Tiny Bug might be endangered if YOU CUT YOUR GRASS?
That's how extreme the EPA has become. But people like you only want to say, or accuse anyone who disagree's with you...that Republicans WANT dirty air, dirty water, and garbage to lay on the streets. HEY...Come to think of it. THAN FRAN THISCO already allows homeless people to collect monthly checks from that city, while they are also permitted to TAKE A DUMP, or PISS anywhere they want on the streets.
YOU should be angry at the DEMS who created the MISERY called the EPA.

BoogyMan
02-02-2017, 10:21 PM

The EPA made enemies out of Americans, not the other way around, Pete. There is no middle ground with the EPA and no amount of reasoned discussion. The EPA operates under a "my way or the highway" kind of ideology and they have taken the power they have accumulated for the federal government to quite dangerous lengths with regard to freedom and private property ownership. The EPA is about power, pure and simple. Power that SHOULD be in the hands of the people but that has been usurped by a powerful central government that concerns itself much more with that power than with its charge to the people.