PDA

View Full Version : Trump Hammers Iran With New Sanctions

NightTrain
02-03-2017, 12:55 PM
This has been a long time coming.

The Trump administration imposed new sanctions Friday on nearly two-dozen individuals and companies in response to Iran’s recent missile tests, quickly moving to increase the pressure on the regime after putting Tehran “on notice” earlier this week.

The U.S. Navy also moved a destroyer into position off the coast of Yemen, amid deep concerns over Iran’s support for Shiite rebels there who recently attacked a Saudi naval vessel.

"Iran's continued support for terrorism and development of its ballistic missile program poses a threat to the region, to our partners worldwide and to the United States," John E. Smith, the Treasury Department's acting sanctions chief, said in a statement.

The Treasury Department announced the additional sanction targets -- 13 individuals and 12 companies -- late Friday morning.

Those targeted include various agents, companies and associates involved in procuring ballistic missile technology for Iran. The named Iranian, Lebanese, Chinese and Emirati individuals and companies also are now blacklisted from doing any business in the United States or with American citizens.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/02/03/trump-administration-imposes-new-iran-sanctions-over-missile-tests.html

The USS Cole was also positioned off the coast of Yemen. Fitting that the Cole is baiting the Yemen terrorists to take a crack at her - I expect her response to be just a little more righteous than any other ship we could have deployed there. Get some, Cole!

jimnyc
02-03-2017, 01:44 PM
Should have went harder, IMO, but it's a start.

Black Diamond
02-03-2017, 01:49 PM

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/02/03/trump-administration-imposes-new-iran-sanctions-over-missile-tests.html

The USS Cole was also positioned off the coast of Yemen. Fitting that the Cole is baiting the Yemen terrorists to take a crack at her - I expect her response to be just a little more righteous than any other ship we could have deployed there. Get some, Cole!
I wonder if the ragheads have the Cole specifically in their sights (figuratively and literally) They like to go after targets previously aimed at. That's why I wonder and fear what flight 93 was targeting.

NightTrain
02-03-2017, 01:50 PM
Should have went harder, IMO, but it's a start.

That's coming.

Trump is looking to make an example and to send an international message that there's a new sheriff in town.

IMO, this is necessary as evidenced Iran's recent insolent remarks and behavior - they seem to believe that America was accurately portrayed by our inept former POTUS.

Mad Dog is simultaneously making sure that NK's lunatic knows we will pummel them into oblivion with any kind of aggression.

Red Lines are being drawn and these particular ones will be spectacularly enforced.

NightTrain
02-03-2017, 01:57 PM
I wonder if the ragheads have the Cole specifically in their sights (figuratively and literally) They like to go after targets previously aimed at. That's why I wonder and fear what flight 93 was targeting.

Cole is symbolic on both sides and I'm sure that's why she was chosen.

The moment the terrorists paint her with radar, there will be a few cruise missiles enroute from Cole and from lurking submarines. I'm sure there's a lot of strike coordinates already researched and loaded into the US Navy's targeting systems courtesy of satellites and drones.

I wouldn't mind seeing some footage of those speedboats being used to sharpen the USN's gunnery skills.

Just a matter of time before Yemen does something dumb... unless Iran immediately got on the horn and told them not to take the bait.

Balu
02-04-2017, 01:20 AM
Whatever Iran. I wonder why some countries may develop and test BM and nuclear weapons and the rest must not?
What is the criteria, who is a Judge and who appointed such a Judge to make decisions on this subject?

Drummond
02-04-2017, 04:39 AM
Whatever Iran. I wonder why some countries may develop and test BM and nuclear weapons and the rest must not?
What is the criteria, who is a Judge and who appointed such a Judge to make decisions on this subject?

You seem unhappy, Balu. Why ?

Is it because Russia regards Iran as a friendly power ? One to be comparatively well regarded ... despite its known facilitation of terrorism on the world stage ??

Russia has done well out of its business dealings with Iran, hasn't it ... especially in the nuclear technology field ?

You say you wonder why some countries develop and test BM and nuclear weapons. Well ... where Iran's concerned, I think we've had a 'broad hint' ....

Perhaps this is yet another news item which your authorities haven't told the ordinary Russian citizen about ?? In which case, check this out, and understand what exactly it is that Russia has been happily assisting ...

http://www.nytimes.com/2005/10/27/world/africa/wipe-israel-off-the-map-iranian-says.html?_r=0

Iran's conservative new president, Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, said Wednesday that Israel must be "wiped off the map" and that attacks by Palestinians would destroy it, the ISNA press agency reported.

Ahmadinejad was speaking to an audience of about 4,000 students at a program called "The World Without Zionism," in preparation for an annual anti-Israel demonstration on the last Friday of the holy month of Ramadan.

His tone was reminiscent of that of the early days of Iran's Islamic revolution in 1979. Iran and Israel have been bitter enemies since then, and anti-Israel slogans have been common at rallies.

Senior officials had avoided provocative language over the past decade, but Ahmadinejad appears to be taking a more confrontational tone than Iranian leaders have in recent years.

Ahmadinejad said in his remarks Wednesday that the issue of a Palestinian state would be resolved only when Palestinians took control of all their lands.

"The establishment of Zionist regime was a move by the world oppressor against the Islamic world," he said, according to the press agency. "The skirmishes in the occupied land are part of the war of destiny. The outcome of hundreds of years of war will be defined in Palestinian land."

Referring to comments by Ayatollah Ruhollah Khomeini, the leader of the Islamic revolution, Admadinejad said, "As the imam said, Israel must be wiped off the map."

I'm well aware that this is old news. However, how do you, or any of us, know that Iran hasn't been steadily working towards making good on its threat ?

It's not as though they're above trying to hide their full potentialities. They HAVE tried to, after all .....

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/8274903.stm

Iran concealed a partially-built second uranium enrichment plant in defiance of calls for transparency over its nuclear plans, US President Barack Obama says.

The US, UK and France said the UN had to be given immediate access and urged tough new sanctions, while Russia also said it was "seriously concerned".

But Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad denied that the facility was in breach of IAEA rules.

The Western leaders would regret their statements, he added.

Iran told the UN about the plant on Monday, saying it was not operational yet and would provide nuclear energy. Tehran has previously acknowledged it has one enrichment plant, at Natanz.

Iran's decision to build a secret facility represented a "direct challenge to the basic compact" of the global non-proliferation regime, US President Barack Obama said, making a statement in Pittsburgh, where he is hosting a G20 summit.

Despite Iran's assertions that the facility was for peaceful purposes, the new plant was "not consistent" with that goal, the US president said.

Should the world 'thank' Russia for aiding Iran with its nuclear program, Balu ? Should it rejoice at the potential for helping a secretive, aggressive, maybe genocidal, world power ??

YOU tell ME ....

Balu
02-04-2017, 04:48 AM
You seem unhappy, Balu. Why ?

It is YOUR fault you failed to understand my GENERAL question which was with no respect to any country Israel, Iran, Pakistan, N. Korea etc..

NightTrain
02-04-2017, 10:47 AM
Iran kicked up the defiance another notch today by firing more missiles :

In apparent defiance of the new sanctions imposed by the Trump administration, Iran held a military exercise Saturday to test missile and radar systems.

The aim of the exercise, held in Semnan province, was to “showcase the power of Iran’s revolution and to dismiss the sanctions,” Iran’s elite Revolutionary Guards website said, according to Reuters.

During the exercise, a senior commander of Iran’s Revolution Guard said the country’s missiles will come down on the country’s enemies if they do wrong.

“If the enemy does not walk the line, our missiles come down on them,” Gen. Amir Ali Haijazadeh said.

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2017/02/04/iran-holds-military-exercise-in-defiance-us-sanctions.html

And now the ball is in Trump's court. This game of chicken while in a VW Beetle facing off against a Kenworth isn't going to end well for the Iranians.

Gunny
02-04-2017, 10:59 AM

If you think there is "one destroyer" off the coast of Yemen, I got some West Texas swampland for sale.:laugh:

NightTrain
02-04-2017, 11:29 AM
If you think there is "one destroyer" off the coast of Yemen, I got some West Texas swampland for sale.:laugh:

Oh, I'm sure there are quite a few surprises lurking in the area!

Elessar
02-04-2017, 02:03 PM
It is YOUR fault you failed to understand my GENERAL question which was with no respect to any country Israel, Iran, Pakistan, N. Korea etc..

Iran and North Korea are both known aggressors...rattling their paper swords while
knowing all the time USA, Russia, UK, Australia, France, Israel, and Canada could wipe
them off the globe .

Black Diamond
02-04-2017, 06:10 PM
Iran has tested more missiles. Will this bring forth more actions ?

Balu
02-04-2017, 06:15 PM
Iran and North Korea are both known aggressors...rattling their paper swords while
knowing all the time USA, Russia, UK, Australia, France, Israel, and Canada could wipe
them off the globe .

Who decided that they are aggressors? You? Israel? And you think this is enough? And what if Russia decide that the USA and GB are aggressors? Is it enough to start bombing you as Israel bombed Iran?

NightTrain
02-04-2017, 07:47 PM
Who decided that they are aggressors? You? Israel? And you think this is enough?

We did, along with the rest of the civilized world.

And what if Russia decide that the USA and GB are aggressors? Is it enough to start bombing you as Israel bombed Iran?

That's ridiculous, Balu. We would annihilate you.

You guys aren't a Superpower anymore, by any stretch of the imagination. Talking like that is silly.

Elessar
02-04-2017, 08:32 PM
Who decided that they are aggressors? You? Israel? And you think this is enough? And what if Russia decide that the USA and GB are aggressors? Is it enough to start bombing you as Israel bombed Iran?

Are you seriously a retired Russian military officer?

If so, unless KGB indoctrinated, You would know Iran has been a regional aggressor for over 40 years.

Your friend, the fat boy in North Korea, has been running his Pillsbury Dough Boy mouth for years,
while murdering his own kin and people.

You defend very strange people.

KarlMarx
02-04-2017, 08:41 PM

Iran is developing nuclear weapons
Iran is a state sponsor of terrorism
Iran has stated in the clearest possible terms that it intends to "wipe Israel off the face of the map". An implication of a threat to use ballistic missiles with nuclear warheads against it.
Iran's possession of a nuclear weapon will further destabilize an already unstable region. This may touch off a nuclear weapons race in the Middle East.

Iran has no interest in developing nuclear energy for peaceful purposes. Similarly, Iran has no need to "defend itself" with ballistic missiles.

aboutime
02-04-2017, 08:47 PM

Balu. Russia decided the USA and GB were aggressors RIGHT after WWII, when they (The Former USSR) took over Berlin, then divided it. Not to mention something you obviously never heard of called THE COLD WAR.

Oh, and if you deny that. Go back to the 60's, when JFK was our president, and someone you loved....like you do Putin, put ICBM's in Cuba, and pointed them North.

By the way. The RUSSIAN Version of THE BOY SCOUTS does not qualify you as a Russian Veteran.

Black Diamond
02-04-2017, 08:57 PM
Are you seriously a retired Russian military officer?

If so, unless KGB indoctrinated, You would know Iran has been a regional aggressor for over 40 years.

Your friend, the fat boy in North Korea, has been running his Pillsbury Dough Boy mouth for years,
while murdering his own kin and people.

You defend very strange people.
How many officers would put someone on ignore and then continue to hit them?

Black Diamond
02-04-2017, 08:59 PM
Balu. Russia decided the USA and GB were aggressors RIGHT after WWII, when they (The Former USSR) took over Berlin, then divided it. Not to mention something you obviously never heard of called THE COLD WAR.

Oh, and if you deny that. Go back to the 60's, when JFK was our president, and someone you loved....like you do Putin, put ICBM's in Cuba, and pointed them North.

By the way. The RUSSIAN Version of THE BOY SCOUTS does not qualify you as a Russian Veteran.
Russians probably saw USA and GB as the aggressors during World War II as well...

Until the nazis made it to within nine miles of Moscow.

Elessar
02-04-2017, 10:32 PM
How many officers would put someone on ignore and then continue to hit them?

Not anyone with integrity!

Balu
02-05-2017, 07:35 AM
We did, along with the rest of the civilized world.

Is not a crown you yourself put on your head too tight for you? Would you remind me how many years ago you have become civilized? It seems that you are suffering from delusions of grandeur. Rather dangerous disease and the treatment is very painful. Some already have an experience. Ask Mr. McCain. He had gentle treatment. He is lucky. He has something to tell. Some have not such an opportunity.

The village of My Lai. Vietnam, 1968.

http://art-assorty.ru/uploads/posts/2014-01/1389152730_vietnam_war_16.jpg

Balu
02-05-2017, 07:40 AM
...Iran has no interest in developing nuclear energy for peaceful purposes. Similarly, Iran has no need to "defend itself" with ballistic missiles.

Who decided it, you or Iran?

Kathianne
02-05-2017, 07:50 AM
Actually the UN, it appears Russia did not veto the resolution.

Drummond
02-05-2017, 08:21 AM
Who decided it, you or Iran?

Tut tut, Balu.

Iran is a known terrorist facilitator. This has been well-publicised knowledge for a very long time. A former leader of theirs went on record as stating an intention to wipe Israel off the map !! And Russia - and you're representing them well, here, in this thread !! - is nonetheless inclined to be well disposed to Iran. Indeed, Russia has been very active in helping them along with their nuclear program.

It's as I've been saying, Balu. Your country takes an anti-terrorist line when OTHER CONSIDERATIONS are in play. You mercilessly attacked those opposing Assad. But when it comes to the likes of Hamas - who share the same ambition of wanting the State of Israel destroyed - you'd rather sit down and NEGOTIATE with them ... as you yourself showed us, from material you posted, in another thread.

If you're anti-terrorist, and I mean GENUINELY so, then you shouldn't be cherrypicking those you want to favour. You should be in no mood to be at all defensive, therefore, in Iran's favour. Their missile testing is further evidence, I submit, of long-term hostile intent. You SHOULD have, and share, a concern about it.

.... but, instead ...........

Drummond
02-05-2017, 08:27 AM
Is not a crown you yourself put on your head too tight for you? Would you remind me how many years ago you have become civilized? It seems that you are suffering from delusions of grandeur. Rather dangerous disease and the treatment is very painful. Some already have an experience. Ask Mr. McCain. He had gentle treatment. He is lucky. He has something to tell. Some have not such an opportunity.

An anti-American post. Every now and again you offer us these, Balu.

It's good to be reminded, though, of the true nature of your participation here. Thank you for that.

Kathianne
02-05-2017, 08:31 AM
and lest we forget...

Russian gulags

https://katana17.files.wordpress.com/2014/10/understanding-the-jews-298.jpg?w=500&h=296

Russian pograms

http://grossmanproject.net/Jewish_refugees_Liverpool_1882.jpg

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/b/b7/Ekaterinoslav1905.jpg

Drummond
02-05-2017, 08:48 AM
http://news.stanford.edu/2010/09/23/naimark-stalin-genocide-092310/

Accounts “gloss over the genocidal character of the Soviet regime in the 1930s, which killed systematically rather than episodically,” said Naimark. In the process of collectivization, for example, 30,000 kulaks were killed directly, mostly shot on the spot. About 2 million were forcibly deported to the Far North and Siberia.

They were called “enemies of the people,” as well as swine, dogs, cockroaches, scum, vermin, filth, garbage, half animals, apes. Activists promoted murderous slogans: “We will exile the kulak by the thousand when necessary – shoot the kulak breed.” “We will make soap of kulaks.” “Our class enemies must be wiped off the face of the earth.”

One Soviet report noted that gangs “drove the dekulakized naked in the streets, beat them, organized drinking bouts in their houses, shot over their heads, forced them to dig their own graves, undressed women and searched them, stole valuables, money, etc.”

The destruction of the kulak class triggered the Ukrainian famine, during which 3 million to 5 million peasants died of starvation.

“There is a great deal of evidence of government connivance in the circumstances that brought on the shortage of grain and bad harvests in the first place and made it impossible for Ukrainians to find food for their survival,” Naimark writes.

We will never know how many millions Stalin killed. “And yet somehow Stalin gets a pass,” Ian Frazier wrote in a recent New Yorker article about the gulags. “People know he was horrible, but he has not yet been declared horrible officially.”

Balu, your country has a truly lamentable 'human rights' record. BUT, I submit, it can - even now - turn over a new leaf and conduct itself far more reputably in future. Instead of cherrypicking those terrorist sponsors it likes, or cherrypicking terrorist groups for cosy little negotiation chats ... it could do something useful in humanitarian terms, and GENUINELY turn anti-terrorist.

I'm afraid this means being less well disposed to terrorist facilitators, Balu - but ... well, there it is .....

Gunny
02-05-2017, 10:31 AM
Oh, I'm sure there are quite a few surprises lurking in the area!

IIRC, the USS Cole was just on a replenish run. Just a routine run with no expectation of hostilities. They also were off the southern coast of Yemen in the Red which is a confined area (relatively).

That's a world apart from a battle group showing force and on alert. I guarantee you that frigate ain't doing a solo act. And when they batten the hatches and gear up, our Navy is nothing to mess with.

Their strength is also their biggest weakness. Yemen can be reached from both the Med and the Arabian Seas. That highway runs in more directions than one.

The question is not "do we have the power?" It's "do we have the will?" One thing I can surely tell you is when you're underway, the Captain is God. Unless some pansy changed the rules. He can defend his vessel by any and every means.

Elessar
02-05-2017, 12:23 PM
Russians probably saw USA and GB as the aggressors during World War II as well...

Until the nazis made it to within nine miles of Moscow.

The USA'a lend-lease program supplied the Russians during the war. How soon they forget!

Abbey Marie
02-05-2017, 12:39 PM
Uh oh, looks like we are seeing the end of detente here.

NightTrain
02-05-2017, 12:59 PM

I really don't think you want to compare USA vs Soviet atrocities. You guys killed a hell of a lot more people in the 20th century than Hitler dreamed of.

Estimates of mass murders that you Russians are responsible for - only counting 1924 to 1953 - are anywhere from 20,000,000 to 60,000,000 deaths in 29 years. How's that for civilized? And that's just what we know of, I'm quite sure there's a lot more that happened behind your Iron Curtain.

http://necrometrics.com/20c5m.htm#Stalin

That doesn't include Lenin's fun-filled adventures either, or what you Soviets did all around the world after 1953. Besides that, how many tens or hundreds of millions are you indirectly responsible for by spreading Communism to countries such as China, Vietnam, Cuba, Cambodia or dozens of other countries that followed Lenin and Stalin's lead on how to deal with dissent?

Remember when Stalin starved to death 12 million Ukrainians in 1932 - 1933? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holodomor

If you want to compare our countries and our genocidal death tolls for the whole century, we can certainly do that. I don't think that would be wise for you to do so, though.

You have no leg to stand on with judging any other country for alleged atrocities.

Black Diamond
02-05-2017, 02:03 PM
I really don't think you want to compare USA vs Soviet atrocities. You guys killed a hell of a lot more people in the 20th century than Hitler dreamed of.

Estimates of mass murders that you Russians are responsible for - only counting 1924 to 1953 - are anywhere from 20,000,000 to 60,000,000 deaths in 29 years. How's that for civilized? And that's just what we know of, I'm quite sure there's a lot more that happened behind your Iron Curtain.

That doesn't include Lenin's fun-filled adventures either, or what you Soviets did all around the world after 1953. Besides that, how many tens or hundreds of millions are you indirectly responsible for by spreading Communism to countries such as China, Vietnam, Cuba, Cambodia or dozens of other countries that followed Lenin and Stalin's lead on how to deal with dissent?

Remember when Stalin starved to death 12 million Ukrainians in 1932 - 1933? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holodomor

If you want to compare our countries and our genocidal death tolls for the whole century, we can certainly do that. I don't think that would be wise for you to do so, though.

You have no leg to stand on with judging any other country for alleged atrocities.
Something like 90 percent of German women ages 8-80 were raped in the eastern part of Nazi Germany by the Red Army. But Balu, the Soviet snowflake, will stay in his safe space and lob grenades from it.

Gunny
02-05-2017, 02:18 PM
Balu bring your sorry commy ass ass on down and play like a man, boy. I just saw your little Vietnam pic. Those people were caught in the middle. Why? Who supplied the VC with AK's and other materiel? The media created that crap. Too bad we don't have pics of the bullshit you pulled in Afghanistan. Guess your freedom of press isn't the same as ours. Whole villages destroyed. Nice going, Goebbels.

Got any more fucking lies you want to put on here? Or are you going to run and hide from me like usual? Some Russian officer. Must have changed since I was in. They used to have balls.

And I'm waiting, Mighty Mouth ....

Drummond
02-05-2017, 06:12 PM

I pointed out the truth of the Ukrainians starved to death by Stalin some time ago. As I recall, it received a dismissal as 'propaganda'.

aboutime
02-05-2017, 07:23 PM

More of the same Balu PROPAGANDA, operating on false claims, while demonstrating how DUMB, and UNINFORMED you are?
How long have you been a member of the KGB, or in Putin's Gay Bragging Club?

Balu
02-05-2017, 09:17 PM
The USA'a lend-lease program supplied the Russians during the war. How soon they forget!

We didn't. It was a good deal for you. We paid in gold for it. Since this time in Russia in preference there is a term "An American aid".

Balu
02-05-2017, 09:28 PM

You are expected to be a serious man, NightTrain. If "estimations" vary from 20 to 60 millions it is nothing, but a propaganda bull shit.
As to Wikipedia I would remind you that any dummy can correct the data there.

Kathianne
02-05-2017, 09:35 PM
You are expected to be a serious man, NightTrain. If "estimations" vary from 20 to 60 millions it is nothing, but a propaganda bull shit.

20k to 60k per YEAR. First link and sources.

Drummond
02-05-2017, 09:41 PM

Another 'it's only propaganda' claim from you, Balu, therefore to be dismissed out of hand, as you did elsewhere when I posted about all the deaths in Ukraine courtesy of Stalin's rule over that country. It's getting to be a common defence of yours.

.. OK, then. Balu ... YOU tell us how many millions of deaths Stalin was responsible for.

Try telling us 'none at all'. See what reaction you'll get.

Oh, and also remind us of what Stalin was doing, before he allied Russia with those forces fighting Germany and the Third Reich.

Or, shall I remind YOU, of Stalin's pact with HITLER ? The one which was in force at the time of the invasion of Poland.

Who withdrew from that pact, anyway ? Was it Stalin, or Hitler ? What if Hitler had remained a loyal ally of Stalin ? Eh, Balu ?

Would he have become tainted, perhaps by more than association, with the Holocaust, and the deaths of six million Jews ?

I assume we'll never know. Ah, but then again .....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stalin_and_antisemitism

During his meeting with Nazi Germany's foreign minister Joachim von Ribbentrop, Stalin promised him to get rid of the "Jewish domination", especially among the intelligentsia. After dismissing Maxim Litvinov as Foreign Minister in 1939, Stalin immediately directed incoming Foreign Minister Vyacheslav Molotov to "purge the ministry of Jews", to appease Hitler and to signal Nazi Germany that the USSR was ready for non-aggression talks.

NightTrain
02-06-2017, 12:56 AM

The reason for such a spread is because that happened within your country during Stalin's ruthless reign. He wasn't very accommodating to journalists or other nations asking questions.

You are probably more aware than anyone else here at DP that those numbers are probably on the conservative side - unless that bit of history is not talked about within Russian academia.

There's a ton of links within that article, check them out for yourself and tell me where they're wrong.

Very well.

Here's 85,000 more sites with info on Holodomor :

https://www.google.com/search?q=holodomor+facts

Attempting to call out America when your country is widely known to have been the worst offender in history in sheer numbers of genocide is bullshit, Balu.

We've made mistakes in the chaos of war, yes, but we've never attempted genocide - let alone actually gone out and done it.

Black Diamond
02-06-2017, 01:02 AM
The reason for such a spread is because that happened within your country during Stalin's ruthless reign. He wasn't very accommodating to journalists or other nations asking questions.

You are probably more aware than anyone else here at DP that those numbers are probably on the conservative side - unless that bit of history is not talked about within Russian academia.

There's a ton of links within that article, check them out for yourself and tell me where they're wrong.

Very well.

Here's 85,000 more sites with info on Holodomor :

https://www.google.com/search?q=holodomor+facts

Attempting to call out America when your country is widely known to have been the worst offender in history in sheer numbers of genocide is bullshit, Balu.

We've made mistakes in the chaos of war, yes, but we've never attempted genocide - let alone actually gone out and done it.
When did Khrushchevs secret speech go public?

NightTrain
02-06-2017, 01:08 AM
When did Khrushchevs secret speech go public?

The "We will bury you!" one?

Black Diamond
02-06-2017, 01:22 AM
The "We will bury you!" one?No. There was one where he criticized Stalin.

Black Diamond
02-06-2017, 01:27 AM
No. There was one where he criticized Stalin.
https://www.britannica.com/event/Khrushchevs-secret-speech

NightTrain
02-06-2017, 03:06 AM
https://www.britannica.com/event/Khrushchevs-secret-speech

First I've heard of it.

Thanks, BD!

Gunny
02-06-2017, 08:48 AM
DO note ... they are running TOWARD the camera, not away from it and the servicemen behind them have their weapons on their hips. Doesn't like they were expecting a whole bunch of assistance from the commies. They were probably hiding from battle with balu.

War sucks. It's supposed to. Nobody I know who has ever been in one that I ever knew wanted to be there. No one in their right mind anyway. However, the military didn't lose that war. The left/MSM did.

And at least we don't pay terrorist organizations to do our fighting.

aboutime
02-06-2017, 07:34 PM
As we speak. Our President has ordered this to be PARKED in the Persian Gulf....in sight of the Iranian Coast....

http://icansayit.com/images/90000tons.jpg

And, there is another one on duty in the SIXTH Fleet...Med. Ready for Orders.

Black Diamond
02-08-2017, 06:25 PM
They just tested another one.

aboutime
02-08-2017, 07:19 PM
They just tested another one.

Anyone remember the words of the Japanese Admiral following the attack on Pearl Harbor?
The Iranian's should be reminded, or told, for the first time.

"I fear we have awakened a Sleeping Giant!" In today's words, they obviously do not take seriously; thinking Obama the apologist is still here, is that WE HAVE A NEW PRESIDENT IN CHARGE. If they need references. They should look up, and remember their actions the day RONALD REAGAN took office, and 444 days ended for 52 Americans held in Iran.
And America's Navy may have fewer ships today, but...they are more effective, and powerful than they were in 1981.

Black Diamond
02-08-2017, 07:21 PM
Anyone remember the words of the Japanese Admiral following the attack on Pearl Harbor?
The Iranian's should be reminded, or told, for the first time.

"I fear we have awakened a Sleeping Giant!" In today's words, they obviously do not take seriously; thinking Obama the apologist is still here, is that WE HAVE A NEW PRESIDENT IN CHARGE. If they need references. They should look up, and remember their actions the day RONALD REAGAN took office, and 444 days ended for 52 Americans held in Iran.
And America's Navy may have fewer ships today, but...they are more effective, and powerful than they were in 1981.
Looking forward to trumps reaction.

aboutime
02-08-2017, 07:25 PM
Looking forward to trumps reaction.

Black Diamond. Better yet, how bout how the Bearded Leader of Iran will react when they get a mid-night visit from a few, well directed Drones, or Tomahawk missiles that announce HOW SCARED TRUMP IS???

Elessar
02-08-2017, 08:25 PM
Black Diamond. Better yet, how bout how the Bearded Leader of Iran will react when they get a mid-night visit from a few, well directed Drones, or Tomahawk missiles that announce HOW SCARED TRUMP IS???

I know they are old...but bring back the battleships and park them off the coast.

CSM
02-09-2017, 06:29 AM
I know they are old...but bring back the battleships and park them off the coast.

Nice thought but I doubt there are any sailors left that know how to shoot those 16" guns. Ammo for them might be a problem too.

Gunny
02-09-2017, 07:46 AM

F-N A. You want to put the fear of God into heathens? I think the Mo scared half of Saddam's army into the desert. The battleship is THE most effective artillery platform we have and the most efficient. And they are Hell on Wheels when it comes to PsyOps. They just flat scare the sh*t out of ragheads.

Got to spread it around to rep you. Definitely in agreement with you.

aboutime
02-09-2017, 06:29 PM
BB is the navy designation for Battleship.
Enjoy, and listen...
http://youtu.be/obP1f174X5A

Elessar
02-09-2017, 08:16 PM
Nice thought but I doubt there are any sailors left that know how to shoot those 16" guns. Ammo for them might be a problem too.

Oh, I am sure the Squids could come about, and am certain there is a 'bit' of ammo around.:laugh:

Elessar
02-09-2017, 08:21 PM
F-N A. You want to put the fear of God into heathens? I think the Mo scared half of Saddam's army into the desert. The battleship is THE most effective artillery platform we have and the most efficient. And they are Hell on Wheels when it comes to PsyOps. They just flat scare the sh*t out of ragheads.

Got to spread it around to rep you. Definitely in agreement with you.

I was off the side of the MO when she returned from the ME. Damn thing's main gun barrels were
longer than my boat!:laugh:

CSM
02-10-2017, 07:58 AM
Oh, I am sure the Squids could come about, and am certain there is a 'bit' of ammo around.:laugh:

I wouldn't be surprised. I have often thought that if we were willing to spend the money, we could, as a minimum, upgrade some of the old BBs with modern electronics, engines, etc. and have on hell of a fighting platform. Heck, I'm and Army guy and would love to serve on such a beast!

Abbey Marie
02-10-2017, 08:46 AM
I often drive by the Philadelphia Naval shipyard and wonder if we would ever use those ships again. I have no idea what type they are, but there are a lot of them just sitting there.

Gunny
02-10-2017, 09:49 AM

I got news for you, coastie, them "squids" are mighty particular about their boats and us jarheads are mighty particular about our ride home. We're already pissed off being stuck with each other for months. Give us an excuse and a target. Be our new best friend. For a minute or two anyway.

Anyone screwing with a US Navy vessel does NOT know what they are doing. Or they're just stupid and suicidal.

And contrary to popular rumor, we have more than one battleship left. It'd be be like dusting off the Gunny for combat, but they are still there.

Trivia factoid: The USS Texas was a WWI battleship. It provided most of the ground pounding for Operation Overlord (D-Day). It was supposedly outdated and out-moded. Wonder what an out dated 13" round feels like?

sundaydriver
02-10-2017, 12:02 PM
April 1968, a special tour of the USS New Jersey a week before the recommissioning ceremony. I'm the little guy 2nd from right. Good time for all except for Hans our German engineer (on the left) who was picked up and taken to the brig for taking pictures of submarines with a tiny little James Bond type camera. Dad got him released in time for dinner with the Brass.

http://i386.photobucket.com/albums/oo302/rover27/jersey_zpsool8vlbg.jpg (http://s386.photobucket.com/user/rover27/media/jersey_zpsool8vlbg.jpg.html)

aboutime
02-10-2017, 06:13 PM
I often drive by the Philadelphia Naval shipyard and wonder if we would ever use those ships again. I have no idea what type they are, but there are a lot of them just sitting there.

Abbey. If you have access to Google Earth. You can visit the Philly Navy Yard from above, and see what ships are still there, waiting for mothballs, or re-fit.
Last time I looked was just before the USS FORRESTAL CVA-59 was decomissioned.

This picture I just got from Google Earthhttp://icansayit.com/images/phillynavy.jpg

Abbey Marie
02-10-2017, 06:23 PM
Abbey. If you have access to Google Earth. You can visit the Philly Navy Yard from above, and see what ships are still there, waiting for mothballs, or re-fit.

This picture I just got from Google Earthhttp://icansayit.com/images/phillynavy.jpg

Thats really cool, AT.

I have no idea what I am looking at-.can you fill me in on a couple of the?

aboutime
02-10-2017, 06:47 PM
Thats really cool, AT.

I have no idea what I am looking AT- can you fill me in on a couple of the?

Thanks Abbey. It appears, those lined up on the lower left/bottom are old FFG's, we called the Frigates. The navy has been selling them to other allied nations for years.
Those on the top right, I believe are Military Sealift vessels that carried supplies, and equipment. There are NO aircraft carriers there now, but I do recall as many as 3, deccommissioned carriers that were there. Forrestal, Essex, and I think the old Constellation. The navy yard during WWII was the busiest, with Brooklyn, N.Y.
In fact Philly was a very big, active, industrial center for the WAR EFFORT during the II W.W.
I love History. Especially Military, and Naval History. Learn something new every day.

Truth is, as I recall now. I spent the last 5 years of my career instructing, and teaching young petty officers NAVAL ORIENTATION, and NAVAL HISTORY. Loved every minute of it, and they called me TOMBSTONE because I was older than most, and my Grey Mustache (back then) reminded them of the Movie "Tombstone" with Sam Elliot. I got to shake his hand while we were in Naples, It. back in the early 90's.

Abbey Marie
02-10-2017, 07:21 PM
Thanks Abbey. It appears, those lined up on the lower left/bottom are old FFG's, we called the Frigates. The navy has been selling them to other allied nations for years.
Those on the top right, I believe are Military Sealift vessels that carried supplies, and equipment. There are NO aircraft carriers there now, but I do recall as many as 3, deccommissioned carriers that were there. Forrestal, Essex, and I think the old Constellation. The navy yard during WWII was the busiest, with Brooklyn, N.Y.
In fact Philly was a very big, active, industrial center for the WAR EFFORT during the II W.W.
I love History. Especially Military, and Naval History. Learn something new every day.

Truth is, as I recall now. I spent the last 5 years of my career instructing, and teaching young petty officers NAVAL ORIENTATION, and NAVAL HISTORY. Loved every minute of it, and they called me TOMBSTONE because I was older than most, and my Grey Mustache (back then) reminded them of the Movie "Tombstone" with Sam Elliot. I got to shake his hand while we were in Naples, It. back in the early 90's.

I knew you were the guy to fill me in. Thanks, AT. Now when I drive by, I'll know a good bit about what I'm looking at. I have often thought I'd love to rent one of these for a huge party. Is that weird?

aboutime
02-10-2017, 07:53 PM
I knew you were the guy to fill me in. Thanks, AT. Now when I drive by, I'll know a good bit about what I'm looking at. I have often thought I'd love to rent one of these for a huge party. Is that weird?

Not at all Abbey. It would be a great place to hold a FLOATING party. Since you go past the Shipyard. You are almost in my hometown territory, 20 miles up the Schuylkill River. I'd like to say I miss Pa. But after seeing how run-down it has become due to Democrats running everything. My hometown is not a place I'd ever want to live again.
If you get the chance. Use Google Earth. It only takes a few minutes to download, then you can watch ANYWHERE in the World...like all the places you've been lately.
Good luck.

Gunny
02-11-2017, 01:28 AM

The USS Essex is now the name carried by a gator freighter. LHD-5 I believe. It was our sister ship when I was in the 13th MEU. The 11th was doing workups on it. I honestly don't know a lot about the ships. How to get on and off one and run the gauntlet down the passageway without binging off the open valves and crap.

The USS North Carolina is in Wilmington, NC. The USS Texas is in Galveston, TX. I got to go on the latter when I was a little kid. The Mo sits at Pearl. I've Been on Mo and the USS Arizona. Drove by the NC a bunch of times when I was at Capmp Swampydoodle. We have a bunch of crap in Bremerton, but I have no idea what. Was on a sub at NB Key West once. That was as a kid too.

And I have to LMAO at the "Tombstone". My little dorks called me "Stone Cold" because I looked like a pro wrestler. :laugh: I've met him. He lives here. I'm like, yeah, I'm the miniature version. That dude is huge. I didn't even know who he was until my troops started calling me that. My wife would laugh her butt off. She was like he acts just like you. I was thinking shouldn't I be getting royalties for him ripping off my gimmick?:laugh2:

I liked being an instructor at the end. Easier on the body but it was also sad. You don't get to play anymore. You get to teach. I'd rather play. The burnout from being in the top three politics were too much for me. I joined to be a Marine not some candyass polishing a chair.

I was at LFTCLant in Little Creek when that brainstorm blew up that gun on the Iowa. I never saw it though.

CSM
02-11-2017, 07:07 AM
I got news for you, coastie, them "squids" are mighty particular about their boats and us jarheads are mighty particular about our ride home. We're already pissed off being stuck with each other for months. Give us an excuse and a target. Be our new best friend. For a minute or two anyway.

Anyone screwing with a US Navy vessel does NOT know what they are doing. Or they're just stupid and suicidal.

And contrary to popular rumor, we have more than one battleship left. It'd be be like dusting off the Gunny for combat, but they are still there.

Trivia factoid: The USS Texas was a WWI battleship. It provided most of the ground pounding for Operation Overlord (D-Day). It was supposedly outdated and out-moded. Wonder what an out dated 13" round feels like?

A dated 13" round feels like "dead" if you're close enough to where it lands....

I t is too bad that the Army didn't keep some of the big guns in their inventory. Biggest they have now is the 155 mm. Used to call for fire for the 8" (sometimes) and they made some pretty big smoking holes in the ground. Never called for naval fire support but have called in a few airstrikes and JAAT (joint air attack teams....choppers and a-10s or other ground support aircraft at the same time). Called in a few B-52 strikes too.... talk about Armagedon!

Gunny
02-11-2017, 10:37 AM
A dated 13" round feels like "dead" if you're close enough to where it lands....

I t is too bad that the Army didn't keep some of the big guns in their inventory. Biggest they have now is the 155 mm. Used to call for fire for the 8" (sometimes) and they made some pretty big smoking holes in the ground. Never called for naval fire support but have called in a few airstrikes and JAAT (joint air attack teams....choppers and a-10s or other ground support aircraft at the same time). Called in a few B-52 strikes too.... talk about Armagedon!

Yeah, Sergeant Major. that whole feeling like dead thing is exactly what I was thinking.:laugh:

Interesting twist to the conversation though. I've never called the Army for any support. I had zero contact with them. My contact for support was the ship. Thinking back it's kind of weird. During Desert Storm, the Army and USAF was in Saudi Arabia and we (Navy/USMC)were in the Gulf.

Funny how politics works. Eisenhower created the political angst which had defined us. That;s when you need to smack your zero on the back of the head. Just shut up. With all due respect, sir. :laugh:

CSM
02-11-2017, 12:40 PM
Yeah, Sergeant Major. that whole feeling like dead thing is exactly what I was thinking.:laugh:

Interesting twist to the conversation though. I've never called the Army for any support. I had zero contact with them. My contact for support was the ship. Thinking back it's kind of weird. During Desert Storm, the Army and USAF was in Saudi Arabia and we (Navy/USMC)were in the Gulf.

Funny how politics works. Eisenhower created the political angst which had defined us. That;s when you need to smack your zero on the back of the head. Just shut up. With all due respect, sir. :laugh:

yep. I did do some fire support with the USMC....same systems made it easy

jimnyc
02-11-2017, 12:44 PM
The USS North Carolina is in Wilmington, NC.

Yay, somewhere I can finally say I've been, multiple times too!! I was young though, and was more interested in the fish below. Also have a bunch of pictures with me making believe I was shooting some sort of massive guns on the deck. I don't think folks understand just how big some of these things are until you are in front of one!

Gunny
02-11-2017, 01:18 PM
yep. I did do some fire support with the USMC....same systems made it easy

I have no idea. I know how to call in coordinates to the ship. You could put what I know about fire support at the technical level in a thimble.

Gunny
02-11-2017, 01:28 PM

And while we're telling war stories to keep Abbey amused ... I remember when I was a Lance Cooly and this butterbar S-3 decided to jump the Battalion SgtMaj's ass over some missing beer. Guess how long THAT diatribe lasted? :laugh2: I thought SgtMaj M was going to kill him. Gunner Brown had to come out and shut that shit down. It was like you aren't looking forward to 1stLt are you dumbass? :laugh2:

CSM
02-11-2017, 02:45 PM
And while we're telling war stories to keep Abbey amused ... I remember when I was a Lance Cooly and this butterbar S-3 decided to jump the Battalion SgtMaj's ass over some missing beer. Guess how long THAT diatribe lasted? :laugh2: I thought SgtMaj M was going to kill him. Gunner Brown had to come out and shut that shit down. It was like you aren't looking forward to 1stLt are you dumbass? :laugh2:

Now that's funny right there!

Elessar
02-11-2017, 03:32 PM

I recall there being a couple of WW II era heavy cruisers in the yard. I used to have to transport
and escort people to the Brig in the Navy Yard..I cannot recall the class of the ships, but they were
in the 550ft range, with 13 inch guns..