PDA

View Full Version : How President Trump is bad for the gun industry

jimnyc
02-03-2017, 03:51 PM
This is where the dummies don't get it, far too many of them think that it's all about the money, and they forget all about 'rights'. Perhaps sales will be down, but some will be based on security, knowing that their rights aren't currently at risk.

I truly don't care if individual companies take a bit of a loss, if the return is that our rights are protected.

-----

How President Trump is bad for the gun industry

It's a paradox for the gun industry: Their pick for president, Donald Trump, is no good for gun sales.

President Barack Obama was the greatest gun salesman in America -- until Hillary Clinton ran to replace him. Sales soared to records because gun owners feared they would impose tougher gun restrictions.

Now that a Republican endorsed by the National Rifle Association is in the White House, those supposed villains have disappeared. Sales of guns and ammo are falling, right along with the stocks of gun makers.

"I think the entire gun industry was planning on, and I think the entire country was thinking, that Hillary was going to win," Brian Skinner, the CEO of Kalashnikov USA, said in a recent interview with CNNMoney.

"And I know there was huge demand, all the manufacturers had huge orders, and then the day after the election, distributors were canceling orders left and right just because they realized Trump's coming in now."

Since Election Day, the two publicly traded gun manufacturers -- Sturm Ruger (RGR) and the former Smith & Wesson, which rebranded itself as American Outdoor Brand (AOBC) -- have suffered declines of more than 20% in their stock prices.

Rest here - http://money.cnn.com/2017/02/03/news/companies/trump-gun-ammo-sales/

NightTrain
02-03-2017, 04:21 PM
That's true. Now there's actually a decent stock of ammo on the shelves in stores up here.

Abbey Marie
02-03-2017, 05:17 PM
It's true for us. We were getting anxious to get a gun in case Hillary won.

Of course, the need for the gun for safety hasn't diminished.

Gunny
02-03-2017, 05:25 PM

It may have diminished in one way. I don't see Trump aowing crap like Ferguson and Baltimore happen. I definitely don't see him fueling the fire as Obama did.

NightTrain
02-03-2017, 05:27 PM
It may have diminished in one way. I don't see Trump aowing crap like Ferguson and Baltimore happen. I definitely don't see him fueling the fire as Obama did.

I think with LEOs actually being supported instead of demonized, the amount and severity of thugs rioting will plummet. Might take a couple of examples, but I think it will.

Abbey Marie
02-03-2017, 05:33 PM
I think with LEOs actually being supported instead of demonized, the amount and severity of thugs rioting will plummet. Might take a couple of examples, but I think it will.

I tend to agree about rioting.

Unfortunately, crime is increasing in our area. Mostly thefts of things left in vehicles, and packages from doorsteps. But over time, I expect the type of crimes will worsen.

Gunny
02-03-2017, 05:40 PM
I tend to agree about rioting.

Unfortunately, crime is increasing in our area. Mostly thefts of things left in vehicles, and packages from doorsteps. But over time, I expect the type of crimes will worsen.

Yeah, that's getting worse here as well. I can't stand thieves nor liars/cheats. And they go hand in hand.

NightTrain
02-03-2017, 05:56 PM
Unfortunately, crime is increasing in our area. Mostly thefts of things left in vehicles

BTW, if you have a vehicle with a remote unlock device on your keyring, don't leave anything in your car.

Thieves have figured out a way to hack those newer car doors electronically and no one knows officially how they're doing it yet, but it takes less than a second to do it. New cars might as well be unlocked with a tech savvy thief prowling your neighborhood.

I expect the car manufacturers have figured out how they're doing it by now, but they're not announcing anything to give themselves bad press.

Abbey Marie
02-03-2017, 06:28 PM
BTW, if you have a vehicle with a remote unlock device on your keyring, don't leave anything in your car.

Thieves have figured out a way to hack those newer car doors electronically and no one knows officially how they're doing it yet, but it takes less than a second to do it. New cars might as well be unlocked with a tech savvy thief prowling your neighborhood.

I expect the car manufacturers have figured out how they're doing it by now, but they're not announcing anything to give themselves bad press.

I do have one, but one thing about growing up in a "bad" neighborhood is that you learn to be very careful about stuff. My family thinks I'm paranoid about locking doors, for example. I think people who don't are nuts.

Gunny
02-04-2017, 09:34 AM

Having had my truck broken into more than twice, there's NOTHING in it. And I have all manual locks and windows I just leave it unlocked and empty. Got tired of replacing a thousand bucks worth of tools AND a new window each time.

When you steal a man's tools -- his means of a living -- you're lower than whale shit to me.

NightTrain
02-04-2017, 10:31 AM
Having had my truck broken into more than twice, there's NOTHING in it. And I have all manual locks and windows I just leave it unlocked and empty. Got tired of replacing a thousand bucks worth of tools AND a new window each time.

When you steal a man's tools -- his means of a living -- you're lower than whale shit to me.

I've only had my tools stolen once. From an Alaska Airlines employee, no less.

A few years ago, we finished a job and I dropped off all my tools to airfreight to Anchorage from Juneau, and personally dropped them all off on a shrink-wrapped pallet. I always noted on the paperwork a piece count because of my freight background, but I was in a hurry for some reason and AK Airlines had always been great about getting our stuff there with no incidents, so I did the lazy & fast thing and wrote it up as "one pallet of tools".

Went to pick them up in Anchorage the next morning and my 200 piece socket set was missing. No one could explain it. There was only one possibility, because I had my name, phone number and address written on the front of it in sharpie.

I was going to file a claim and raise hell - it was a really nice set - but my boss at the time wanted me to use the company card to buy another one because he had another job for me to do asap.

I still should have raised hell about it... pisses me off when a shithead steals someone's tools that they make a living with. Or steals anything, for that matter. I hate thieves.

Gunny
02-04-2017, 10:55 AM
I've only had my tools stolen once. From an Alaska Airlines employee, no less.

A few years ago, we finished a job and I dropped off all my tools to airfreight to Anchorage from Juneau, and personally dropped them all off on a shrink-wrapped pallet. I always noted on the paperwork a piece count because of my freight background, but I was in a hurry for some reason and AK Airlines had always been great about getting our stuff there with no incidents, so I did the lazy & fast thing and wrote it up as "one pallet of tools".

Went to pick them up in Anchorage the next morning and my 200 piece socket set was missing. No one could explain it. There was only one possibility, because I had my name, phone number and address written on the front of it in sharpie.

I was going to file a claim and raise hell - it was a really nice set - but my boss at the time wanted me to use the company card to buy another one because he had another job for me to do asap.

I still should have raised hell about it... pisses me off when a shithead steals someone's tools that they make a living with. Or steals anything, for that matter. I hate thieves. Not a lot you can do around here unless you want to pay highway robbery for a low deductible. That deductible always seemed to be just out of reach.

And while you can charge tools at the companies I worked for, it's coming out of your next 3 checks. And I'm REAL picky about my tools. Almost all Craftsman and Klein. They'd pay for one of those cheesy beginner kits,

And it isn't the basics you miss the most. It's all the little things you acquire that you know makes the job go easier and faster. Theen you spend a year reacuiring the stuff and it's stolen again.

BoogyMan
02-04-2017, 11:50 AM

I would like to see Mr. Trump expose the reasons behind the Obama era massive governmental weapons and ammo purchases.