PDA

View Full Version : Coffee Shops to hire veterans

Abbey Marie
02-07-2017, 02:32 PM
I'll bet he does great business...

:thumb:

Vet-Owned Coffee Store Responds to Starbucks, Vows to Hire 10,000 Vets

As a response to Starbucks choosing to hire 10,000 refugees to protest President Donald Trump’s temporary immigration ban, a veteran and now coffee shop owner has an even better idea.Evan Hafer, an Army Special Forces veteran and CEO of Black Rifle Coffee Company, said on Tuesday’s “Fox & Friends” that he plans to hire 10,000 veterans.
“Our plan is to build 600 stores in the next six years. I’m going to try to push this forward with the community behind me,” Hafer stated.

Black Rifle Coffee Company has a more than 50 percent veteran hiring rate in its two years of business.
“Hiring vets is not PR for me,” added Hafer. “It’s who we are.”

More: http://www.breitbart.com/video/2017/02/07/vet-owned-coffee-store-responds-starbucks-vows-hire-10000-vets/

Elessar
02-07-2017, 03:05 PM
That is a great move. I hate the snotty Starbucks worse than an earache.

It is a see and be seen place, and the servers are rude as hell. So I don't
understand all these designer coffee things? "What's wrong with a simple
French Vanilla" I told one pencil-necked kid. He got very indignant...last time for me
in that business.

Gunny
02-07-2017, 03:51 PM
That is a great move. I hate the snotty Starbucks worse than an earache.

It is a see and be seen place, and the servers are rude as hell. So I don't
understand all these designer coffee things? "What's wrong with a simple
French Vanilla" I told one pencil-necked kid. He got very indignant...last time for me
in that business.

Mine's easy. Pour that double black sh*t in the cup. a-hole.

aboutime
02-07-2017, 08:16 PM
Must really piss-off so many liberals to know Veterans will finally be at the HEAD of the Line.
Starbucks is for the elite who have no common sense, and complain about the high costs of everything...while spending enough money every year to make a House payment.

Wanna have some fun? Go to a Starbucks early in the morning, stand in line, then ask for A CUP OF COFFEE!
Just ask for a cup. Such a request throws them into a turmoil of confusion, and you get funny stares, and maybe even a few BOO'S before you leave EMPTY HANDED.

Gunny
02-08-2017, 10:23 AM
Must really piss-off so many liberals to know Veterans will finally be at the HEAD of the Line.
Starbucks is for the elite who have no common sense, and complain about the high costs of everything...while spending enough money every year to make a House payment.

Wanna have some fun? Go to a Starbucks early in the morning, stand in line, then ask for A CUP OF COFFEE!
Just ask for a cup. Such a request throws them into a turmoil of confusion, and you get funny stares, and maybe even a few BOO'S before you leave EMPTY HANDED.

I'm getting a chuckle out of it myself. How many mornings, canteen cup in hand, making C-rat/MRE coffee in the same thing you just shaved in? I used to crawl out of the hooch a half hour early just so I could do THAT. I consider it being spoiled my daughter got me a Mr Coffee. If you think I'm looking around for something to toss in there besides grounds, you bought the wrong GI Joe. :laugh:

Kathianne
02-08-2017, 04:12 PM
I don't care for Starbucks, way too expensive and the coffee is much too strong for my tastes. Still, I knew I saw this a few days ago:

http://www.foxnews.com/food-drink/2017/02/03/starbucks-veterans-group-stands-by-ceos-refugee-hiring-plan.html

Starbucks veterans group stands by CEO's refugee hiring planPublished February 03, 201

Starbucks may have found itself at the center of a hiring controversy this week, but a veterans group is now coming to the coffee chain's defense.

Within days after the Trump administration implemented a temporary immigration ban barring visitors from seven predominantly Muslim countries, Starbucks founder and CEO Howard Schultz, announced that the company would hire 10,000 refugees in the next five years.

Many supporters of the president became outraged, arguing that Schultz should be hiring American veterans instead of refugees and vowing to boycott the coffee chain (http://www.foxnews.com/food-drink/2017/01/31/trump-supporters-vow-to-boycott-starbucks-over-ceos-plan-to-hire-refugees.html) in response.

But Starbucks has been actively hiring veterans since 2013–- 8,800 to be exact.

Elessar
02-08-2017, 04:22 PM
There was a bagel shop in Arcata CA that refused to serve a group of air crewmen in uniform.
The clerk behind the counter said "We don't serve your kind here".

The uproar over that was huge locally.

Gunny
02-08-2017, 04:22 PM
I don't care for Starbucks, way too expensive and the coffee is much too strong for my tastes. Still, I knew I saw this a few days ago:

http://www.foxnews.com/food-drink/2017/02/03/starbucks-veterans-group-stands-by-ceos-refugee-hiring-plan.html

Ha ha ... Starbucks too strong? Not even close. You need to meet the Chief on the mess deck for too strong (more like syrup):laugh: I'll give you the overpriced part.

I have only had Starbucks out of convenience. Otherwise mine is whatever swill the gas station is brewing.

Elessar
02-08-2017, 04:34 PM
Ha ha ... Starbucks too strong? Not even close. You need to meet the Chief on the mess deck for too strong (more like syrup):laugh: I'll give you the overpriced part.

I have only had Starbucks out of convenience. Otherwise mine is whatever swill the gas station is brewing.

Starbucks is over rated. I make better at home for less than 5% of the price.
The coffee on the bridge of the ship at midnight would likely to have stripped paint!:laugh:

jimnyc
02-08-2017, 04:52 PM
Some will state this is a lie, even with quotes, simply because of the source.

If Starbucks wants to hire refugees, that's their choice I suppose. I wouldn't buy a bottle of water from them or anything else ever again.