PDA

View Full Version : Intel CEO Meets with Donald Trump, Promises 3,000 High-Tech Jobs

jimnyc
02-08-2017, 03:20 PM
Might "only" be 3k jobs, but still good for America. Seems like folks meet with Trump, then they want to invest and increase production and employees. I'm sure we will be told otherwise though. :)

Isn't this McCain's hometown? One would have thought he could have made such a deal happen....

-----

Intel CEO Meets with Donald Trump, Promises 3,000 High-Tech Jobs

Intel CEO Bryan Krzanich met with President Donald Trump on Wednesday, promising to invest $7 billion into an Arizona factory and creating 3,000 high-tech jobs.

“Intel is very proud of the fact that a majority of our manufacturing is here in the US, and the majority of or research and development is here in the US, while over 80 percent of what we sell is sold outside of the US,” Krzanich said according to the White House press pool.

Trump and Krzanich met in the Oval Office and made remarks to the White House reporters after the meeting.

Krzanich said that the factory would support about 10,000 people in the Arizona area, creating a boost to the economy. The factory will produce “nanometer chips” according to Krzanich.

Trump said that the new investment was ”a great thing for Arizona.”

“We’re very happy and I can tell you the people of Arizona are very happy,” he said.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2017/02/08/intel-ceo-meets-donald-trump-promises-3000-high-tech-jobs/

Black Diamond
02-08-2017, 03:21 PM
The same McCain who considered running as John Kerry's running mate?

Black Diamond
02-08-2017, 03:22 PM
Might "only" be 3k jobs, but still good for America. Seems like folks meet with Trump, then they want to invest and increase production and employees. I'm sure we will be told otherwise though. :)

Isn't this McCain's hometown? One would have thought he could have made such a deal happen....

-----

Intel CEO Meets with Donald Trump, Promises 3,000 High-Tech Jobs

Intel CEO Bryan Krzanich met with President Donald Trump on Wednesday, promising to invest $7 billion into an Arizona factory and creating 3,000 high-tech jobs.

“Intel is very proud of the fact that a majority of our manufacturing is here in the US, and the majority of or research and development is here in the US, while over 80 percent of what we sell is sold outside of the US,” Krzanich said according to the White House press pool.

Trump and Krzanich met in the Oval Office and made remarks to the White House reporters after the meeting.

Krzanich said that the factory would support about 10,000 people in the Arizona area, creating a boost to the economy. The factory will produce “nanometer chips” according to Krzanich.

Trump said that the new investment was ”a great thing for Arizona.”

“We’re very happy and I can tell you the people of Arizona are very happy,” he said.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2017/02/08/intel-ceo-meets-donald-trump-promises-3000-high-tech-jobs/
I think this 15% vs 35% will create American jobs

Black Diamond
02-08-2017, 03:23 PM
Seems to be a win for everyone.

Elessar
02-08-2017, 03:26 PM
Not off subject, but I think it is a good sign that industry is beginning to turn
about and invest in our people.

Maybe Trump hit a gold mine for our people in his hard-assed talk and stance.

NightTrain
02-08-2017, 03:27 PM
Very nice direction.

Now to get those H1-B Visas under control. The tech industry has been out of control with that bullshit.

Black Diamond
02-08-2017, 03:28 PM
Not off subject, but I think it is a good sign that industry is beginning to turn
about and invest in our people.

Maybe Trump hit a gold mine for our people in his hard-assed talk and stance.
I think (and I have been called cynical many a time) that it has to do with the bottom line. 15% vs 35%. So it's like you said trumps hard ass stance.

fj1200
02-09-2017, 11:25 AM

Given that the Intel guy referenced future tax and regulatory policies. Now if he could just give up that disastrous trade talk.

NightTrain
02-09-2017, 11:45 AM
/wavehand

This was all in the works years ago.

fj1200
02-09-2017, 01:58 PM
People believe what they need to. :shrug:

https://www.wired.com/2017/02/intels-new-factory-isnt-trump-fixing-intel/

jimnyc
02-09-2017, 02:29 PM
Some folks are SO determined to diminish the early success from Trump, or any success. That's a beautiful thing!! Hilarious that some are willing to believe that Trump had nothing to do with this, even though the announcement was made after meeting with him. :laugh:

Trump, jobs and investments, all good for America, unless you're a Trump hater. :)

fj1200
02-09-2017, 04:58 PM
Some folks are SO determined to diminish the early success from Trump, or any success. That's a beautiful thing!! Hilarious that some are willing to believe that Trump had nothing to do with this, even though the announcement was made after meeting with him. :laugh:

Trump, jobs and investments, all good for America, unless you're a Trump hater. :)

:confused: