PDA

View Full Version : The wall, and vetting

jimnyc
02-08-2017, 04:01 PM
So it won't be all built at once, but all addressed, and pressing needs will go up first. But I'm more interested in the folks coming here and the vetting. Nothing to hide? Prove it! I know if I were moving out of the country forever, I would gladly assist authorities in my new country in showing them I have nothing to hide.

-----

Homeland Security secretary says a border wall won't be built all at once

Thee nation’s top Homeland Security official portrayed himself Tuesday as a steward of President Trump’s vision for border security as he laid out a path to fruition for some of Trump’s most bombastic campaign promises.

In his first appearance on Capitol Hill, Homeland Security Secretary John F. Kelly described plans for safeguards along the border that were more piecemeal than the “big, beautiful wall” Trump has touted.

Kelly said his agency would first build sections of wall and fencing where border agents see an immediate need and fill in gaps with ground sensors, surveillance blimps and other technologies that help detect illegal border crossings, emphasizing that the government lives in “a world of finite time [and] resources.”

“We're not going to be able to build a wall everywhere all at once,” Kelly told the House Homeland Security Committee, adding that Border Patrol agents told him they preferred barriers they could see through rather than a solid wall.

But Kelly also said measures for the “extreme vetting” of travelers were under consideration that go further than visa officers ever have. The Homeland Security Department may demand that some visa applicants trying to enter legally hand over passwords to their social media accounts before flying to the U.S.

“They don’t want to cooperate, they don’t come in,” Kelly said.

Rest here - http://www.latimes.com/politics/la-na-pol-kelly-travel-ban-20170207-story.html

Elessar
02-08-2017, 04:05 PM
Well. It is about time, in fact well past time to clamp down.

Maybe they should add the "We Reserve the Right to Refuse Service to Anyone" sign along the border.