PDA

View Full Version : Ex-U.S. Army reservist gets 11 years prison for Islamic State support

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
02-12-2017, 10:03 AM
Why wasn't this piece of shit shot by firing squad????
He engaged in treason, aiding the enemy while that avoed and known makes war upon United States of America.
I'll tell you why, the idiots are still playing that "liberal inspired game of-- ""dont make them too mad""!!!!!
Really??? Why not, what else can they do worse than what they already plan on doing you moronic lib/dem dumbass, cowardly bastards!
When such insane appeasement mentality has invaded even our military, we are well past the halfway point of defeat, IMHO..
THIS SON OF A BITCH SHOULD HAVE ALREADY BEEN SHOT, AS SHOULD HAVE ALREADY BEEN DONE TO THAT BERGDHAL BASTARD!-Tyr

https://www.yahoo.com/news/ex-u-army-reservist-gets-11-years-prison-182834543.html

Ex-U.S. Army reservist gets 11 years prison for Islamic State support
[Reuters]
By Jonathan Stempel
ReutersFebruary 10, 2017

By Jonathan Stempel

(Reuters) - A former member of the Army National Guard in Virginia was sentenced on Friday to 11 years in prison for attempting to provide material support to Islamic State, despite calling himself a "complete idiot" for having once accepted the group's views on Islam.

Mohamed Bailor Jalloh, 27, of Sterling, Virginia, was sentenced by U.S. District Judge Liam O'Grady in Alexandria, Virginia, the U.S. Department of Justice said.

Prosecutors had sought a 20-year term for Jalloh, a U.S. citizen originally from Sierra Leone, while the defense sought a 6-1/2-year term.

Joseph Flood, a lawyer for Jalloh, did not immediately respond to requests for comment.

The United States has designated Islamic State as a foreign terrorist organization. Islamic State controls parts of Syria and Iraq, and its fighters have carried out shootings and bombings of civilians in several countries.

Jalloh was arrested on July 3, one day after he bought an assault rifle from a Virginia gun dealer, but which unbeknownst to Jalloh had been disabled because he was already under surveillance. He pleaded guilty on Oct. 27.

Prosecutors said Jalloh spent six months in Africa in 2015, where he met Islamic State members in Nigeria and started laying plans to join the group.

He also began communicating online with an Islamic State member who put him in touch with someone he thought would help him carry out an attack, but who was actually a government informant, prosecutors said.

According to a statement of facts he signed and filed in court, Jalloh thought about carrying out an attack similar to the one by former Army Major Nidal Hassan, who killed 13 people at Fort Hood, Texas in 2009.

By May 2016, Jalloh was talking with the informant about attack operations, calling them "100 percent the right thing," and began efforts to buy weapons, the statement of facts said.

In a letter to the court, he renounced Islamic State.

"I have and have always had deep respect and still have respect for the American people and the American values that I pledged to serve," he wrote. "I feel like a complete idiot for accepting such a superficial and dishonest interpretation of Islam."

The case is U.S. v. Jalloh, U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Virginia, No. 16-cr-00163.

(Reporting by Jonathan Stempel in New York; editing by Grant McCool)

NightTrain
02-12-2017, 12:08 PM
Unusual that a fanatical muzzie would renounce his beliefs like that. I think that's the first time I've heard of one actually doing it, the standard reaction is defiance - because martyr, or something. Now he's not even eligible for 72 virgins.

I suppose that the bleak prospect of 20 years in Club Fed that the prosecution was asking for has a way of forcing a good, hard review of the journey from point A to point B.

11 years for plotting to kill as many Americans as possible seems a bit light to me, but I guess it's better than nothing.

jimnyc
02-12-2017, 12:33 PM
11 years for plotting to kill as many Americans as possible seems a bit light to me, but I guess it's better than nothing.

With any luck, other prisoners will hand down the rest of the sentence. :)

Abbey Marie
02-12-2017, 01:32 PM
Unusual that a fanatical muzzie would renounce his beliefs like that. I think that's the first time I've heard of one actually doing it, the standard reaction is defiance - because martyr, or something. Now he's not even eligible for 72 virgins.

I suppose that the bleak prospect of 20 years in Club Fed that the prosecution was asking for has a way of forcing a good, hard review of the journey from point A to point B.

No kidding. Obama would have invited him to the White House.

Gunny
02-12-2017, 02:27 PM
Why wasn't this piece of shit shot by firing squad????
He engaged in treason, aiding the enemy while that avoed and known makes war upon United States of America.
I'll tell you why, the idiots are still playing that "liberal inspired game of-- ""dont make them too mad""!!!!!
Really??? Why not, what else can they do worse than what they already plan on doing you moronic lib/dem dumbass, cowardly bastards!
When such insane appeasement mentality has invaded even our military, we are well past the halfway point of defeat, IMHO..had an unse
THIS SON OF A BITCH SHOULD HAVE ALREADY BEEN SHOT, AS SHOULD HAVE ALREADY BEEN DONE TO THAT BERGDHAL BASTARD!-Tyr

I'm just wondering if he had an unsecure server.

I'd shoot Bergdhal myself. Y'all don't know me like you think you do. That lame ass cost over 8 people their lives because he was a pussy. Your stupid ass ain't worth my fire team.

He should be tried for treason. Put me on that CM.

He let his brothers down. No fucking excuse. I don't give a damn what you believe in but you you don't get my Marines killed over your bullshit. All any of us wanted to do was go home. r as

And you have no idea how pissed off that pussy makes me. For Gunny doesn'getting my troops killed? I would hang, draw and quarter your ass. And I'd take my time doing it. You get my people kiilled? You better ask God for forgiveness. Gunny's are all out of forgivness.

Elessar
02-12-2017, 08:39 PM

It is hard to believe he did not get the full 20, whether he recanted or not.
You take an oath and are well aware of the probable consequences of violating that oath.
Members are schooled in the UCMJ. His offers of regret fall on deaf ears from me.

aboutime
02-12-2017, 10:12 PM
FIRST...as angry as we all are about this person, who obviously is a Traitor.

We must remember...his court case fell under the LYNCH-OBAMA rules that had become better known for SLAPPING FINGERS, and allowing the ACCUSED to SUE because they were offended, and accused the GOVT. of PROFILING, according to the POLITICALLY CORRECT stupidity that brought us to today.

Gunny
02-12-2017, 10:53 PM
FIRST...as angry as we all are about this person, who obviously is a Traitor.

We must remember...his court case fell under the LYNCH-OBAMA rules that had become better known for SLAPPING FINGERS, and allowing the ACCUSED to SUE because they were offended, and accused the GOVT. of PROFILING, according to the POLITICALLY CORRECT stupidity that brought us to today.

You can screw all that noise. AT. and you know it. Your boat ride back is going to end up in the Marianas Trench. Zero tolerance for getting my little jarheads hurt for being a pussy. Whoops. I slpipped off the boat/ I wouldn't have traded a Hot Wheels for him. Stay and get what you deserve, M-F-er. Now you want to come home and play this victim bullshit? There is no level I can reach for the contempt I have for this assweed. He doesn't even have the right to breathe in my book.

You have NO idea how much this pussy ass mother fucker pisses me off. And I got a good 3 minute round left. And it ain't going to take more than one. Son of a bitch sorry ass coward. That M-er would wish AQ had him back again. I'd hobble up on my cane and pull a Yoda on his ass.