PDA

View Full Version : Take a good long look around you!

BoogyMan
02-12-2017, 05:54 PM
I recently re-read the George Orwell book, 1984. After having done so I have to ask, have you taken a good long look around you lately? If you do what you'll see is the troubling spectacle of the American left using their own "resistance movement" in the exact same way "Big Brother" did in Orwell's book. The left is working to out dissenters, to crush the souls of dissenters, to normalize violence against dissent, to make an example of those who think in ways unapproved by their party, to silence, humiliate and punish what the book called and what the left now seems to think are "thought Criminals."

My friends, these are troubling times. Thoughts?

NightTrain
02-12-2017, 05:57 PM
Agree.

The fascists are the ones calling everyone else fascist... and the irony is lost upon the mobs.

Abbey Marie
02-12-2017, 05:58 PM
I recently re-read the George Orwell book, 1984. After having done so I have to ask, have you taken a good long look around you lately? If you do what you'll see is the troubling spectacle of the American left using their own "resistance movement" in the exact same way "Big Brother" did in Orwell's book. The left is working to out dissenters, to crush the souls of dissenters, to normalize violence against dissent, to make an example of those who think in ways unapproved by their party, to silence, humiliate and punish what the book called and what the left now seems to think are "thought Criminals."

My friends, these are troubling times. Thoughts?

Add gun control into the mix...

Elessar
02-12-2017, 08:34 PM
Add gun control into the mix...

Add outright anarchy as well.

aboutime
02-12-2017, 09:22 PM
Communist Party USA: ‘Working with the Democratic Party’ is key

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2015/jan/29/communist-party-usa-working-with-the-democratic-pa/